Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 2, 2015 4:54 PM

Jul 2009
A episode that we all could have lived without, useless arc...they are not going to see me in season 3!
Mar 2, 2015 5:48 PM
Jan 2014
bittersweetlove said:
A episode that we all could have lived without, useless arc...they are not going to see me in season 3!

I have no idea why so many people hated this episode.

1) The kids complete the "bag of holding quest" that a lot of MMOs make their players do. But instead of boring "go there, fetch this" the kids get a real adventure instead.
2) Akihabara is vulnerable to infiltrating monsters, like the Genius of Marriage and others, since they took down the in-game guard system
3) People of the Land quietly go about their everyday business of cleaning up after the adventurers, but how long will their patience with reckless adventurers like the Odyssey Knights last?
4) The kids changed the world without any fancy 90th-level scribe magic, on the "bag of holding quest" How cool is that?

If LH does get a 3rd season, I would like to have the production go back to the company that did the first season, or someone equally competent. While the story continues to be great, the art and direction this season has just been average at best.
Mar 2, 2015 7:00 PM

Oct 2013
Well I'm hoping for a better understanding after the next episode.
Mar 2, 2015 7:08 PM

Jul 2012
RAWRfizzz said:
Kids, blah... then omg stuff with real people! And just when I was getting into it, we go back to the damn kids. And then just when all hope seems lost and things are at their darkest and Isuzu is about to freaking sing again, Nyanta comes riding in to save the day and rescue us all back to a relevant plotline. Hero Nyanta <3

Best comment 10/10 More entertaining then the last 5 episodes combined!
Mar 2, 2015 7:41 PM
Oct 2012
zabadoh said:
If LH does get a 3rd season, I would like to have the production go back to the company that did the first season, or someone equally competent. While the story continues to be great, the art and direction this season has just been average at best.

The director is the same as last year. I agree that the artwork is not as good as last year, but I have a strong feeling that the problem lies with NHK and budgets (and probably time) and less with the Studio.

As for the rest: the real problem with the 2nd season is that the novels they cover are harder to animate than the first season. There was an Akatsuki novel, a Shiroe raid novel, and then this sub-character novel, they weren't bad novels, but they "widened" the plot, they really did not "lengthen" it much. This is enjoyable in print, but animation is more about lengthening (and more importantly about action), so I can see why fans are disappointed. In general I think the scenario writers have done a good job at trying to weave the story.

One supreme fault this season though has been there really hasn't been a Shiroe "kick ass" moment as there was in the first season (his fight against Demikas, his buying the guild hall, and creating a new magic). His time in the Hall of Gold was nice, but it didn't really have that umph that the first season had. Shiroe has lost the "black belliness" that was the joy of the first season. From being the rebel, this season he has been stuck in "middle management" mode.

Another problem I feel, strangely enough, is that this season has been far too female focused. I would bet that if you ranked the screen time of the characters in the first season to the second season this fact would be highly distinctive - Akatsuki, the two girls in DDD, Soujiro's harem, and that the young team is 60% women (and met two female characters along the way). I am NOT saying that this is bad in general, but I do think that it has been bad for this show. If I had to say why I would say that it feels that they are doing it, not because the story goes there, but rather because someone in marketing said: "focus on the women, that could increase the audience for the books."

Again to stress, I wouldn't mind the focus on women if it was driving the plot forward, or at least giving us some really good backstories, but they aren't and there in lies the problem. It is a shallow width, which in animation is worse than a shallow length.
Mar 2, 2015 8:04 PM
Jan 2015
roe2 and shiroe twinsies
Mar 2, 2015 10:53 PM

Aug 2008
Man this series TANKED! This is the most boring shit in the world, especially considering how good the first season was. Seriously grade F crap. Ugh. Just terrible. Talking heads not even worthy of filler.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Mar 2, 2015 11:23 PM
Aug 2012
They really should have waited a bit, at least for another two volumes before making a second season. First season adapted 5 volumes and it is one of the few, i dare say perfect adaptation. Every story will have some boring or slow buildup phases but they should have taken at least 5 volumes if they were going for a 2 course show. This kids journey episodes could have been done in 2-3 and nobody would have complained then but alas the lack of materials.

Mar 3, 2015 2:37 AM

Jan 2008
mcjazzman32 said:
Man this series TANKED! This is the most boring shit in the world, especially considering how good the first season was. Seriously grade F crap. Ugh. Just terrible. Talking heads not even worthy of filler.

That;s pretty much the though I had for the past 6 episodes or so - it's just so boring I barely force myself to watch in hope of it improving. I hope the "kids arc" is fuckin' done and we can finally see something worthy.
Mar 3, 2015 5:31 AM
Jan 2015
Still waiting for someone to check the flavor text on Crusty's weapon.
Mar 3, 2015 12:10 PM

May 2013
So Roe 2 and Dariella leave Minori and the others, but at least they're done with their freakin' quest!
Some adventurers still can't adapt to this world while a merchant named Camus is seducing everyone.
Hmm, seems like there's something up with this Genius of Marriage and it seems Souji will be fighting him next time.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Mar 4, 2015 12:50 AM

Jan 2012
They spend WAY too much time focused on the Log Horizon kids, seriously I'm fine with two or three episodes for them and their little quest, but there's SO much more important sh*t going on that needs to be addressed!

1. War between Adventurers and People of the Land (Obviously).

2. What happened to Krusty?!

3. I already know what her deal is thanks to her MAL page
(no f*king spoiler tag -> good work there!)
but still wanna see more Roe2.

4. What is Kanami and her group doing?
Mar 4, 2015 2:13 PM

Nov 2014
Takuan_Soho said:

Another problem I feel, strangely enough, is that this season has been far too female focused. I would bet that if you ranked the screen time of the characters in the first season to the second season this fact would be highly distinctive - Akatsuki, the two girls in DDD, Soujiro's harem, and that the young team is 60% women (and met two female characters along the way). I am NOT saying that this is bad in general, but I do think that it has been bad for this show. If I had to say why I would say that it feels that they are doing it, not because the story goes there, but rather because someone in marketing said: "focus on the women, that could increase the audience for the books."

Again to stress, I wouldn't mind the focus on women if it was driving the plot forward, or at least giving us some really good backstories, but they aren't and there in lies the problem. It is a shallow width, which in animation is worse than a shallow length.

Please stop. This season doesn't suck because estrogen. It sucks because it's terrible.
Quality Queen.
Mar 6, 2015 11:44 PM

Oct 2008
Loled on the part when Soujirou's groups mobbed one of the NPC's...hahaha!

Mar 7, 2015 1:32 PM
Jul 2018
I'm so glad this kids arc is finally over, I completely lost hope of seeing an interesting episode. Right now I really wish a war would happen since it'll most likely be more interesting than this crap, even though it'll end up getting some people (adventurers or people of the land) killed.
Mar 7, 2015 2:25 PM

Jan 2014
The kids' arc is finally over.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 10, 2015 12:02 PM

Dec 2012
Finally, come back to Akihabara ! Hope we can see more of Shiroe.
Mar 11, 2015 6:12 AM

Mar 2011
Still waiting for them to reveal that all the 'kids' are all 40 year old guys.

May have missed something, but they never mentioned anything about the avatars being related to the actual person right? Thus why Nyanko is still a cat person etc. So do we know for sure they are kids <.<?
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Mar 11, 2015 10:44 AM

Jun 2008
Takuan_Soho said:

One supreme fault this season though has been there really hasn't been a Shiroe "kick ass" moment as there was in the first season (his fight against Demikas, his buying the guild hall, and creating a new magic). His time in the Hall of Gold was nice, but it didn't really have that umph that the first season had. Shiroe has lost the "black belliness" that was the joy of the first season. From being the rebel, this season he has been stuck in "middle management" mode.

You hit the nail on the head there. Even the first arc with him felt underwhelming because it was missing that "Umph" as you describe.
I mean the greatest moments of the first season was when Shiroe was doing his evil glasses mastermind tricks and gave that awesome aura.
That was missing from this season. Also in the first season we had Krusty giving the same type of awesomeness by trolling the princess etc when Shiroe was doing his management stuff so we didn't get bored much.
This time though Krusty disappeared into a black hole and Shiroe as you said is stuck micro-managing with not a single "damn this dude is scary awesome" moment.
Mar 14, 2015 8:50 PM

Mar 2014
The last few episode were a bit stale but this was a good episode. A little heartwarming moment see the whole gang back together.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Mar 27, 2015 7:14 AM

Jun 2009
DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD THIS IS SO FUCKING BAD. WHY DEEN, WHY.
Apr 6, 2015 6:38 PM

May 2012
Solid episode and quite nice ending of this arc, it's good that this one is over as this one was rather boring and quite slow but well let's see what happens next.
May 26, 2015 4:01 AM

Nov 2010
Valentino trying to seduce Sou and then get punched by the girls was gold
I couldn't stop laughing at that scene
Aug 23, 2015 8:06 AM

Aug 2010
So Tohya knows Nureha/Dariella huh? I wonder if she has the same illness like Tohya has or something in between.
Nov 5, 2015 9:45 AM

Jan 2012
Wonder what that letter say.

Nov 16, 2015 1:48 PM

Oct 2010
Holy shit at those kids bragging again. Had more then enough of their drama. Tohya asshole is sad cuz' he could not get the other man see his reason. Yeah, your reasoning isn't flawed man, not at all...

Apathy rising in Akiba. Again? Haven't we passed that a bit already? It's much more easier to earn money and do all sorts of fun things yet people get bored really fast so they want to do war?

Genius of Marriage is dangerous, despite them brushing it off as a comic relief. Wander how they dealt with him in the end.
Nov 25, 2015 9:00 PM

Jul 2013
I had high hopes for those kids' adventure and it turned out to be utter shit. Just like this show.

now that those kids are back we won't see their bullshit again right? wooo and it's only 4 episodes left a'int that awesome.
Jan 15, 2016 12:23 PM

Apr 2013
Extremely boring arc.

Jan 17, 2018 3:26 AM

Sep 2012
lol way to much bitching & whining about this arc & this EP

TehWhiteTiger said:
Still waiting for them to reveal that all the 'kids' are all 40 year old guys.

May have missed something, but they never mentioned anything about the avatars being related to the actual person right? Thus why Nyanko is still a cat person etc. So do we know for sure they are kids <.<?

seems u haven't paid attention to flash backs, when it comes to the main cast like Minori & Toya & bard it has been made clear they are teens, but they did look bit taller in real word then i the game world despite being 14 yer old middle school kids talking about Toya & Minori

also their voices so far all have been 100% what they sound in real life that's also from flashbacks, so Nytan is probably black dude around 25-35 considering hes voice no flashbacks of him so hes age is a guess (also probably works as a Chef in real life considering how much he likes it), also a lot of ppl who talk about them read the Novel so they know more then we do

& all their char info in MAL comes form the Novel, have u bothered looking, also there is Wiki About char info, i just googled Log Horizon Shiroe & i got Shiroe char Wiki http://log-horizon.wikia.com/wiki/Shiroe so if u don't know it that's ur problem cause that means u haven't done ur home work, rest of us know cause we dig in MAL & In the web for extra information :)
Sugram22Jan 17, 2018 3:49 AM
Feb 7, 2018 1:15 PM

Jun 2015
This arc shows how cancerous kids are in a game.

May 1, 2018 4:31 AM

Apr 2009
Genius? Didn't Kanami encounter two of those or maybe just the hooded one in China when KR was there?

What's on the letter? What's on Roe 2's letter to Shiroe?!!! >_<
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 5, 2019 9:46 PM

Feb 2015
After the catastrophe, Roe2 decided to leave and continue her way, giving a letter to Minori directed to Shiroe, Dariella left them too, transforming into Nureha and returning to the train. Naotsugu noticed a strange atmosphere in Akihabara. Isaac is training a group of NPCs and avoided a little child. A guy with hypnotic skills appeared in Akihabara, but West Wind Brigade dealed with him. Isuzu discovered that the NPCs aren't satisfied with the adventurers help, her song spread, and they encountered with Nyanta, to finally arrive to Akihabara.

The episode was ok. I'm kind of sick of Isuzu's drama.
Jan 23, 2020 6:53 AM

Dec 2018
Snore Horizon
someone wake me from this nightmare
Oct 1, 2020 3:38 AM

Jun 2017
I've got to hand it to the People of the Land in that village! They're already used to the damage they have dealt that they're just being optimistic, letting it flow, and rebuild.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Nov 1, 2020 11:48 AM

Jul 2008
So the NPC's have leveled up to the point of wanting to go to war with the adventurers. This can't end well.
Jan 4, 2021 1:58 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Roe2 and Nureha stated themself to left the kids. Let Roe2, the sisters of them, gone with a thousands of mystery at their memories. While Nureha left out with her hidden form, that somehow can be able to found out by Touya. But, the kids must move on. At least cleared their own quest first

The town was destroyed, together with their high hopes. Isuzu found out about that, while Rudy became more gentle at this arc. Surely enough, they were all be realized, something always be left out to the points that it'll be their new hopes, instead of always holding the old one. Your song, might be a new savior to the rest of the Earthling at those fantasy world, Miss Isuzu. So, cheer up!

Meanwhile, Shiroe thinking too far, as always, continued the latest incident. Krusty still dissappeared, to the point that it must be related to Roe2 appearance. Geniuses, Fools, until that weird npc arrived to questioned it once more. Whatever shit it was, lets clear it out next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 23, 2021 3:50 PM

Jul 2015
Too bad we won't get to see Roe 2 meeting Shiroe, but at least he got a letter.
Not the most interesting arc to me where i believe some scenes could've been shortened but still enjoyable to see the struggles of the kids (yes im a sadist).

Sep 25, 2022 6:36 AM
Jul 2022
Getting back to the city WAS really great
Aug 4, 2023 2:47 PM
Jan 2023
Seems I was right, Isuzu really did make a huge impact on these people. That 43rd song brought them hope, even in a time of despair.

That third type of creature in this world? My guess is that Roe 2 is one of them and that she's not the only one. Shiroe talked about it as a possibility a while back. This could get interesting.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

155 by Syrass »»
Feb 12, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 28, 2015

225 by SOLDRAKE »»
Feb 5, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

218 by Skydis »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

147 by Overblown »»
Nov 10, 2023 4:56 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

161 by Anachrome »»
Sep 1, 2023 9:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.