Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 26, 2015 7:07 PM
Aug 2009
Despite saying they are going in a different direction as of episode 8 things kind of seem like they are heading in the direction of the mangas ending. They have pretty much cut out the doctors part in the story, a bunch of characters, and any real development. Also the big thing was Kaneki flipping sides but they have basically given no time to him and he even has the same reason for changing sides as he did in the manga when he didn't. All his screen time seems to be given to Juzo and it seems like a waste.

So all in all how do you think the ending will turn out? Same as the manga?
Feb 26, 2015 7:18 PM
Sep 2013
They are going a parallel route to the manga. The outcome will be the same. They will probably meld two arcs together like they did in season 1. They are giving all the screen time to other characters to develop them not just Juzo alone.
Feb 26, 2015 7:28 PM
Aug 2009
Alright seems cool. Makes sense since they'll want to lead people to TG:RE with the anime. Just seems the anime did a better job at developing Kaneki as well as the others. I don't seem to recall any development yet that wasn't in the manga (Correct me if I'm wrong) and why make such a dramatic change to the plot and then just kind of leave it alone. They even left out Uta and Yomos little backstory. Since time is limited in an anime shouldn't they sort out the importance of each character when thinking about who to give more screen time too. (Juzo was just an example)
Feb 26, 2015 8:38 PM
Dec 2013
yeah the ending will probably be the same as the manga

this was hardly an original route
nothing new was explored it was the same as the manga only more condensed and under different circumstances

a lot of good stuff was cut too
S2 is even worse than S1 if you ask me
the original bs was only an excuse to cut stuff because they only had 12 episodes

I would rather not see an anime at all of :Re if they are going to butcher it like the original manga
Feb 26, 2015 10:06 PM

Dec 2013
Journey_95 said:

nothing new was explored it was the same as the manga only more condensed and under different circumstances

the original bs was only an excuse to cut stuff because they only had 12 episodes

I would rather not see an anime at all of :Re if they are going to butcher it like the original manga

I agree with mostly what you said. Pretty disappointing adaption in my opinion. For :RE not being adapted, I have to disagree. It would be nice to see the characters and some of the actions scenes animated. Since, :RE is selling like crazy I'm pretty sure they're going to adapt it ''properly.''
Feb 27, 2015 3:15 AM

Dec 2013
I hope it won't be the same as the manga. The manga's ending sucked.
Feb 27, 2015 4:01 AM
Dec 2014
Zer01 said:
Journey_95 said:

I agree with mostly what you said. Pretty disappointing adaption in my opinion. For :RE not being adapted, I have to disagree. It would be nice to see the characters and some of the actions scenes animated. Since, :RE is selling like crazy I'm pretty sure they're going to adapt it ''properly.''

I also want to get a :re adapation. And yeah the adapation this season hasnt been too good but we do have 4 episodes left so hopefully they end it the same way as the Manga.
Feb 27, 2015 4:46 AM

Jun 2014
G_Spark233 said:
I hope it won't be the same as the manga. The manga's ending sucked.

The manga's ending sucks only if there isn't a sequel. But with :re .. the ending is a HUGE cliffhanger, I want to see the anime only viewers react to the ending (if they adapt it exactly like the manga) :P
Feb 27, 2015 6:43 AM

Aug 2014
The manga's ending doesn't suck, it's actually extremely good, well-written and touching. It can only ''suck'' in the sense of finding it too sad to bear.

Anyway, looks like √A will end the same as in the manga, which will actually be disappointing for me. I feel like there was literally no point of Kaneki going to Aogiri, so i hope the anime stays true to its ''alternate route'' hype and delivers a different ending.

Either way..:
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Feb 27, 2015 6:55 AM

Aug 2010
Maledict said:
The manga's ending doesn't suck, it's actually extremely good, well-written and touching. It can only ''suck'' in the sense of finding it too sad to bear.

Anyway, looks like √A will end the same as in the manga, which will actually be disappointing for me. I feel like there was literally no point of Kaneki going to Aogiri, so i hope the anime stays true to its ''alternate route'' hype and delivers a different ending.

Either way..:
Agreed. I'm also hoping for something that will shock the hell out of us manga readers.
Feb 27, 2015 7:30 AM

Apr 2014
Maledict said:

Either way..:

Lol the surprised look of anime only watchers when they see Arima in action is going to be priceless.
Feb 27, 2015 7:46 AM

Aug 2010
Z4k said:
Maledict said:

Either way..:

Lol the surprised look of anime only watchers when they see Arima in action is going to be priceless.
Man I just can't wait. I remember the chills I got when Kaneki saw Arima and all the surrounding dead ghouls.
Feb 27, 2015 8:02 AM

Feb 2014
Ragna92 said:
Man I just can't wait. I remember the chills I got when Kaneki saw Arima and all the surrounding dead ghouls.

i hope they wont censor. but they will most likely censor a lot of things.

EustassKiddo !
Feb 27, 2015 8:09 AM
Dec 2013
Maledict said:

Either way..:

I agree Kaneki going to Aogiri and all that bs that this is an original route
was just an excuse to cut stuff (Kanou etc.) and get away with it

We didn'T learn anything new about Aogiri many events still happened only different circumstances and rushed
Feb 27, 2015 8:31 AM

Oct 2014
Maledict said:

Either way..:

Can't wait for the Arima to arrive :D
Feb 27, 2015 10:59 AM

Dec 2013
Journey_95 said:
Maledict said:

Either way..:

I agree Kaneki going to Aogiri and all that bs that this is an original route
was just an excuse to cut stuff (Kanou etc.) and get away with it

We didn'T learn anything new about Aogiri many events still happened only different circumstances and rushed

Yep, I concur. I really thought we would have more screen time for Eto and Ayato.
Mar 1, 2015 1:40 PM

Aug 2013
I'm not the protagonist of a novel or anything, I'm a college student who likes to read, like you could find anywhere. But, if for argument's sake, you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be a tragedy. - Kaneki Ken
Mar 1, 2015 1:57 PM

Dec 2014
DarkerThanLight said:

same,
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2015 4:02 PM

Nov 2014
brownintown said:
DarkerThanLight said:

same,

Well, he did get a scrape onto him.

It's something
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2015 4:51 PM

Aug 2010
DarkerThanLight said:

Mar 1, 2015 6:46 PM

Aug 2013
Ragna92 said:
DarkerThanLight said:

Well I agree with you BUT I just want Kaneki to do more damage than he did in the manga. He does not have to win but all the time invested by the reader/watcher and the MC is hit THAT hard kind of leaves a bad taste... at least for me.

Nice avatar/profile pic by the way ;)
I'm not the protagonist of a novel or anything, I'm a college student who likes to read, like you could find anywhere. But, if for argument's sake, you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be a tragedy. - Kaneki Ken
Mar 1, 2015 7:08 PM

Aug 2013
DarkerThanLight said:
Ragna92 said:

Well I agree with you BUT I just want Kaneki to do more damage than he did in the manga. He does not have to win but all the time invested by the reader/watcher and the MC is hit THAT hard kind of leaves a bad taste... at least for me.

Exactly what I thought when I read the manga. Seeing where the anime is headed, the fight's probably gonna be just like it was in the manga. That being said, I hope Kaneki comes back to kick his ass in :Re.
Mar 1, 2015 8:57 PM

Aug 2010
DarkerThanLight said:
Ragna92 said:

Thankfully we have Re xD. If the manga actually ended like that it would have been a very unsatisfying ending. I guess I didn't mind it too much because I was reading it while Re was already released.

Thanks, same to you :)
Mar 2, 2015 10:50 AM

Aug 2014
DarkerThanLight said:

I don't see it like this at all. Way before Kaneki even became a high-class ghoul Arima was held as the one that can make ghouls feel fear, the strongest, the CCG's reaper, and the one that was effortlessly slaughtering ghouls stronger than Ken. For Kaneki to win or even put up a fight against Arima would be unrealistic, not only because of the power difference, but also because Kaneki was still a half-kakuja at that time, meaning that he wasn't in full control of his actions, not to mention that he was severely wounded by Amon prior to this battle, and lastly because this isn't a shounen, so the MC isn't as plot-protected.

I believe even a scratch on Arima is plenty and that √A should keep it that way, especially considering Owl couldn't do as much.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

760 by ShirJager »»
Apr 17, 5:39 PM

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

37 by Zimmu »»
Apr 3, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

402 by efectiviuli »»
Feb 18, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2015

256 by dustyblue »»
Feb 7, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2015

300 by RapidPhantom »»
Jan 23, 7:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.