Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 1, 2009 1:49 AM

Sep 2009
Title is self explanatory, tried using search but didn't find much.
Good soundtrack is a plus.
GOGOGOGO

Dec 1, 2009 7:14 AM

Sep 2008
Paradise Kiss
Clanned
Toradora
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Dec 1, 2009 8:18 AM
Jun 2009
Rurouni Kenshin OVA. It's a masterpiece that includes romance.

Great animation, fantastic music. It'll make you feel alive.
Dec 1, 2009 8:23 AM

Nov 2008
True Tears.
EDIT: You already watched this I see, and Noe is even one of your favorites. Soooo, thumbs up! +1

Eureka Seven (perhaps)
Kimi ni Todoke
Winter Sonata
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
ef: a tale of melodies (since you already watched memories)
desolatoDec 1, 2009 8:28 AM
Dec 1, 2009 8:26 AM
Jun 2009
Oh yeah. I forgot some...

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo

That one is probably exactly what you're looking for. I skimmed over your list, but if it's on there, oh well. Great art. Forgot what kinda music, but it cant be too bad.

Also, any Miyazaki film essentially; renowned for its animation and music. Melancholy of Haruhi. Er, can't remember any else.

EDIT: Oh and Eureka Seven.
Dec 1, 2009 9:24 PM

Sep 2009
Thanks for the recs, gonna download Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo, also downloading Winter Sonata, most of the other stuff's already on my list either in hold or completed.

BrokenNose said:

I was thinking about watching it, but it wouldn't feel right without watching the actual anime. :\
And I remember trying to watch Spirited Away, kinda lost my interest like 1/4th into the movie.

Dec 1, 2009 9:46 PM

Mar 2009
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo is the only one that I've seen that you don't have on your list yet.

It's a definite must see movie.
Dec 6, 2009 8:33 PM

Sep 2009
^Already added it. :P
DAMN JUST FINISHED WATCHING THE MOVIE.

Anything else? D:
Animation doesn't have to be top notch, just make it a good romance/drama.
HenteDec 6, 2009 10:57 PM

Dec 6, 2009 8:48 PM

Jan 2009
Nana, especially if you want a good sound track. One of the main characters tries to make it big with their music. It also is the best romance out there, has one of the most realistic plots to any romance anime, it's characters incredibly human.
Dec 6, 2009 9:24 PM

Oct 2009
desolato said:

Eureka Seven (perhaps)
Kimi ni Todoke
Winter Sonata
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
ef: a tale of melodies (since you already watched memories)

Second Eureka Seven & Kimi ni Todoke. Animation for both is pretty good, and in my opinion I preferred the soundtracks used in Eureka Seven. You should check them both out though ;P

" ... carpenters fashion wood; wise people fashion themselves" - Buddhism
Dec 6, 2009 9:34 PM

Oct 2008
Thirding Kimi ni Todoke~

I see no Lovely Complex on your list. I personally liked the animation (Risa's hair changes x3 ) but it depends on your taste.
Dec 6, 2009 9:39 PM

Mar 2009
Hente said:
Thanks for the recs, gonna download Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo, also downloading Winter Sonata, most of the other stuff's already on my list either in hold or completed.

BrokenNose said:

I was thinking about watching it, but it wouldn't feel right without watching the actual anime. :
And I remember trying to watch Spirited Away, kinda lost my interest like 1/4th into the movie.

the anime is great up til about episode 52 i think. thats where they split off from the manga and teh quality went down a bit. (if youre a fan though its fun to watch it until the end) the movies and ovas actually cover the last part of the manga.

as far as romance stuff: paradice kiss. vampire knight. toradora and love*com are some good ones.
Dec 7, 2009 12:26 AM

Sep 2007
Hatsukoi Limited - it's mostly about unrequited love and comedy but it's still nice :)
Honey & Clover - really now, H&C is one of the best romance out there with a seriously nice design and animation, so watch it, both seasons and cry :P And it has a nice soundtrack too.
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~ - less drama, but much better graphics :)
Ristorante Paradiso - pretty nice graphics, though not everyone likes older gentlemen ^^'
Romeo x Juliet - nice graphics, and a pretty free adaptation of the original work
Skip Beat! - I admitt that the male characters design isn't that good, but the girls are pretty, and the story is awesome
Tokyo Marble Chocolate - a two part OVA about troubles between a girl and a guy
Victorian Romance Emma - not a really new anime, but I hink it had pretty good graphics, and a lovely main couple :)

And as the others already said: NANA, Paradise Kiss, Lovely Complex :)
Dec 7, 2009 3:21 AM

Apr 2008
Give Maison Ikkoku a shot.
Dec 7, 2009 11:36 AM

Jan 2008
Definitely Mononoke, Kara No Kyoukai and any Hayao Miyazaki's and Satoshi Kon's movies.
ReikaaDec 7, 2009 11:48 AM
Dec 7, 2009 11:47 AM

Sep 2009
Thanks for all the suggestions.
Goddammit gonna need a new external soon, less than 100 gigs left. ;_;"

Dec 7, 2009 11:52 AM

Dec 2009
definatlly try Gravation...i got 3 words for you be for you watch it.....Sexy-ness
Betrayal and tears...oh i mean't 4 and..AWWwwwwwwwwww.............
Cute, sweet, and loving - I'm an Innocent Uke! =^.^= #semeuke What seme or uke are you? Take the experience at http://www.SemeUke.com
Dec 7, 2009 6:53 PM

Aug 2009
You saw Tales of Symphonia but not Tales of the Abyss?! I feel outraged.

Anyway, I would recommend H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~. I thought it was pretty, but a lesser version of Air with more fan service.

The Rurouni Kenshin OVA are totally different in style and tone. The biggest difference is Rurouni Kenshin OVA is a darker and more depressing, while the anime had plenty of humorous parts and lighter colors. And season two of Kenshin ended on episode 62, not 52, get it right, sheesh. (I used to OBSESSED with Rurouni Kenshin, heh) I would watch up to episode 62, then switch over to the manga.

Ouran High School Host Club, maybe? All of my friends are in love with it.
Dec 7, 2009 8:50 PM

Sep 2009
Selinea said:
You saw Tales of Symphonia but not Tales of the Abyss?! I feel outraged.

Not gonna watch it until I finish the game. D:

Dec 7, 2009 9:58 PM

Mar 2008
Seconding Honey and Clover and NANA!
Dec 8, 2009 4:07 AM

Jan 2009
Coelacanth

(2 Volumes/8 Chapters)

Coelacanth will remain one of the most elegant and beautiful artistic shorts Ive read to date, it's collective story was truly magnificent. A mysterious drama that deals with the dementia of a human psyche in conjunction with one enigmatic romance that's just all the more intellectually stimulating. The artistic genuinety posed by this magnificent piece is simply astounding, the author Kayoko Shimotsuki really did create something wonderful.

I tend to dote on the art of this piece more than anything else, though the story remains just as strong. It's so rare to see a series stick to it's Shoujo roots, all the while remaining enticing, interesting, and exciting at every turn. The artwork has some of the cleanest line work Ive seen thus far, as well as a feel for the more abstract that further enhanced what the story was attempting to convey overall.

This story primarily deals with a young teenage girl named Satomi Hisano, who just so happens to see a condescending sheep hallucination that belittles her into a state of insecurity and longing. When she was very young, the apartment where she lived burned to ashes in an explosion. An enigmatic young man named Yukinari Yanagi is somehow connected to said fire, and one unexpected meeting connects events that slowly rise to the surface.
Jan 1, 2010 4:45 PM

Aug 2009
Kimi ni Todoke and NANA, maybe 5 centimeters per second it has great artwork which you can't compare to many anime but I don't think it has enough romance so I'd go with Kimi ni Todoke and NANA.

Kimi ni Todoke has alot of romance and has great artwork.
NANA is a very realistic anime, also about romance I think that's more appealed to adults.
And NANA's artwork is also awesome, better then Kimi ni Todoke's artwork Imo but you can't compare it to the artwork of 5 centimeters per second.
Jan 1, 2010 4:56 PM

Sep 2009
Already watching KnT, and I already have Nana downloaded, just gotta watch it.
5 CM was my first animu movie, lol.

Jan 1, 2010 5:14 PM

Jun 2008
Victorian Romance Emma, I feel like people dont mention this one often enough, check it out.

More topics from this board

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - Yesterday

12 by PostMahouShoujo »»
23 minutes ago

» new season, need recommendations

silversaint - 11 hours ago

6 by DMind »»
5 hours ago

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

12 by PostMahouShoujo »»
6 hours ago

» Grim series for tonight

LoveYourEyes - Apr 1

15 by r3v3l3v3l »»
9 hours ago

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Yesterday

6 by Skuletor »»
Yesterday, 4:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.