Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 22 Discussion


#1
Feb 26, 2015 9:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 113988
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, Aida in some unusual roles this episode. She seems like a good cook :o

Solid buildup though with the prepping. Also found Mask and his enthusiasm to be noticeable this episode as he takes on his prominent role. This is all probably the calm before the storm with the inevitable battles coming up.

 
#2
Feb 27, 2015 1:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 1429
So, Raraiya gets the G-Lucifer.
...while Mask gets a giant one-legged chicken. lol
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

 
#3
Feb 27, 2015 5:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 6191
Aida is sure good @ cooking.

Mask is back again.
 
#4
Feb 27, 2015 8:59 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 116
Those Photon Torpedoes...it seems awfully similar to the Moonlight Butterfly. Maybe the system is based on Photon Torpedoes once nanomachines has been developed to work Gundams?
 
#5
Feb 28, 2015 9:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 3275
WE MOONLIGHT BUTTERFLY NOW BOYS
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
 
#6
Feb 28, 2015 12:24 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 63
After watching episode 22...

WTF is happening?!

I know Bellri and company want to stop the people in the Reconguista side. What I don't understand is who is allied to who. Are Bellri and Luin Lee allies? Why do they want to take Bellri's sister as a hostage?

Did Klim and company really ally themselves with the Dorette Fleet in order to accomplish the Reconguista plan?

My major problem with this series is the Alliances between people and how they could easily be enemies and then become allies one second after.
 
#7
Mar 1, 2015 5:26 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 140
Sigmund05 said:
After watching episode 22...

WTF is happening?!

I know Bellri and company want to stop the people in the Reconguista side. What I don't understand is who is allied to who. Are Bellri and Luin Lee allies? Why do they want to take Bellri's sister as a hostage?

Did Klim and company really ally themselves with the Dorette Fleet in order to accomplish the Reconguista plan?

My major problem with this series is the Alliances between people and how they could easily be enemies and then become allies one second after.


The show's trademark: they did not show a huge chunk of exposition and expect audience to not only check information off the show and able to connect the dots...
There was another story done similarly: Five Star Stories, which tons of characters pop up out of no where and loads of footnotes plus a detail timeline page require for audience to read to understand what is what who is who...

Recon-G is the same... i sort of get whats going on but really many points are not clearly outlay or not at all.
I like what has been done to the UC universe, but this show really would use a voice over clip episode much like Seed series....

It weren't the first time in the UC universe that Allies turn in to Enemies in no time... or the other way around. It happened in Zeta, Double Zeta, Char's counter attack, Victory Gundam.. you name it... Just Recon-G is the worst example: Prisons can walk around with less supervision than that seen in Seed, alliance made or break within one episode with little to no paid off, complex powerful suits can be given / borrowed, backpacks with USB drive like plugs that gets install across M$...
but if thats the new norm from the creator.. get use to it.. the guy is in his 70s...
Modified by jackaus, Mar 1, 2015 5:31 AM
 
#8
Mar 1, 2015 6:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 3976
Motherfucking photon torpedoes. Definitely some MoonButt level shit. So I was right about Manny bring Mask a suit, but it was the G-Rach and not the Lucifer. And that mutation.

jackaus said:
Sigmund05 said:
...I know Bellri and company want to stop the people in the Reconguista side. What I don't understand is who is allied to who. Are Bellri and Luin Lee allies? Why do they want to take Bellri's sister as a hostage?

Did Klim and company really ally themselves with the Dorette Fleet in order to accomplish the Reconguista plan?

My major problem with this series is the Alliances between people and how they could easily be enemies and then become allies one second after.


The show's trademark: they did not show a huge chunk of exposition and expect audience to not only check information off the show and able to connect the dots...
There was another story done similarly: Five Star Stories, which tons of characters pop up out of no where and loads of footnotes plus a detail timeline page require for audience to read to understand what is what who is who...

Recon-G is the same... i sort of get whats going on but really many points are not clearly outlay or not at all.
I like what has been done to the UC universe, but this show really would use a voice over clip episode much like Seed series....

It weren't the first time in the UC universe that Allies turn in to Enemies in no time... or the other way around. It happened in Zeta, Double Zeta, Char's counter attack, Victory Gundam.. you name it... Just Recon-G is the worst example: Prisons can walk around with less supervision than that seen in Seed, alliance made or break within one episode with little to no paid off, complex powerful suits can be given / borrowed, backpacks with USB drive like plugs that gets install across M$...
but if thats the new norm from the creator.. get use to it.. the guy is in his 70s...

Switching alliances isn't odd at all. Alliances form when there's a common enemy and/or motivation, and are broken when ideas or goals clash. Each faction has their own agenda.

Most of the outside information came from some comments made by Tomino before the show started. Most of what was detailed have been covered in the show. While the show isn't the best at presenting, it's self-contained.
Sieg Zeon!
 
#9
Mar 2, 2015 12:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1522
I also have no idea what the hell is going on anymore. I'm at episode 22. I've kind of lost track of all the faction, and I still can't figure out how those characters think. Everyone keeps jumping from one ship to another, from different factions, and nobody seems to mind. If someone from your opposing faction winds up on your ship, I guess the correct course of action is to get that someone to help out around the ship. And everything thinks its normal. Nobody batted an eye when Bel joined the pirates. Nobody minded that Manny, who's from Mask's ship, was helping out around the Megafauna. Hell they even gave her a giant mecha, that she took back to Mask. And I doubt anyone's gonna be pissed about that.

But I AM enjoying it. The characters are a delight, and they are so unpredictable that I really have no idea what's going to happen next.
 
Mar 3, 2015 11:40 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 24
My grasp of this is that:

Quick breakdown:
There are two rival earth factions.
A faction (or two) from the moon/asteroid.
A faction (or two) from Venus.

I'm pretty sure it's Venus globe who want the reconguista plan carried out.

In this episode we hear that the Capital tower has been fortified by the Capital Army.
The other earth faction (figurehead leader is Aida's father) seems to have allied itself with the moon/asteroid faction "Dorette Fleet" and hence why the Capital Army want to take her hostage.

They mentioned how the 3 armies are face to face which I think doesn't include our Fellowship of the G main characters stuck with ties between all of them.
 
Mar 5, 2015 7:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 7622
As usual, the story is a real mess and the reactions of the characters to the various reactions is quite strange to understand, everything normal.
Drawings dropped a tad, as regards those of the characters, does not look like the usual Character Design, rather than on the Mecha Design is more than good as quality.
Things do not seem what they are in truth.
 
Mar 6, 2015 2:05 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5
I have no memory of body suits or the like, can anyone give me a little run down on what the suppoused leader of the Venus place was talking about.
 
Mar 7, 2015 12:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2836
Okay episode, but man the plot is all over the place.

First off, Noredo and Manny are getting some experience on battle.

Seeing La Gu in that state was kinda scary. Do people want to live as long as 100+ years looking like that? He looks frail as hell and can easily be injured and potentially die.

Lol Aida crying when she's cutting those garlic. Tbh when i was in cooking class, i never get teary when cutting some garlic.

So the holiness from Capital Army got captured? Now mask can do whatever he wants like that?

WTF Megafauna gave Manny a big suit like that, but now she easily went ahead without being stopped and managed to go back to Mask just like that?!?!

Blows my mind Bellri and others didn't stop her.

Lol Barara knew Mask has a thing for Manny, that's why she went tsundere out of a sudden :O

Nice episode, it's really confusing as hell and hard to know what they're fighting for.

At least we're getting lots of Overman King Gainer and Turn A Gundam mech designs.

Can't wait for the next episode!
 
Mar 8, 2015 6:52 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 140
DmonHiro said:
I also have no idea what the hell is going on anymore. I'm at episode 22. I've kind of lost track of all the faction, and I still can't figure out how those characters think. Everyone keeps jumping from one ship to another, from different factions, and nobody seems to mind. If someone from your opposing faction winds up on your ship, I guess the correct course of action is to get that someone to help out around the ship. And everything thinks its normal. Nobody batted an eye when Bel joined the pirates. Nobody minded that Manny, who's from Mask's ship, was helping out around the Megafauna. Hell they even gave her a giant mecha, that she took back to Mask. And I doubt anyone's gonna be pissed about that.

But I AM enjoying it. The characters are a delight, and they are so unpredictable that I really have no idea what's going to happen next.


terrablu2003 said:
As usual, the story is a real mess and the reactions of the characters to the various reactions is quite strange to understand, everything normal.
Drawings dropped a tad, as regards those of the characters, does not look like the usual Character Design, rather than on the Mecha Design is more than good as quality.
Things do not seem what they are in truth.


Yeap, that's the general feeling for many audience whether not they had prior UC knowledge or not, the over all events presented is pretty entertaining and has layer of depth, but those are for the eye of the beholder (audience) as how much they get the director's intentions than having key plot and character motivation present to audience in a way that majority of audience regardless age would understood. (for such formal story telling, the prime example is Build Fighters series, which any one with or without Gundam knowledge can not only GET the plot but enjoy the many elements within because it is in reality a sports/game/chess contest show.)

The UC universe was full of civilian non-pilots regardless of sex and skill level managed to drop into powerful machines and drive them in to battle field... Then the Gundam universe as a whole was full of capture prisoners allow to walk around in the ship/base socialize, build romantic relationship, steal powerful machines etc etc then end up back as enemies in no time when return to their original side...

I guess it is time for BanDIE and Sun-RICE to get a proper script writer and director that can do away with these issues but also retain the best of Gundam universe elements and make a show that is new and not a reboot. [THey actually did fix a lot of the plot issues with the Origin comic, but that is a reboot not a NEW series!]
 
Mar 11, 2015 5:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 485
jackaus said:
DmonHiro said:
I also have no idea what the hell is going on anymore. I'm at episode 22. I've kind of lost track of all the faction, and I still can't figure out how those characters think. Everyone keeps jumping from one ship to another, from different factions, and nobody seems to mind. If someone from your opposing faction winds up on your ship, I guess the correct course of action is to get that someone to help out around the ship. And everything thinks its normal. Nobody batted an eye when Bel joined the pirates. Nobody minded that Manny, who's from Mask's ship, was helping out around the Megafauna. Hell they even gave her a giant mecha, that she took back to Mask. And I doubt anyone's gonna be pissed about that.

But I AM enjoying it. The characters are a delight, and they are so unpredictable that I really have no idea what's going to happen next.


terrablu2003 said:
As usual, the story is a real mess and the reactions of the characters to the various reactions is quite strange to understand, everything normal.
Drawings dropped a tad, as regards those of the characters, does not look like the usual Character Design, rather than on the Mecha Design is more than good as quality.
Things do not seem what they are in truth.


Yeap, that's the general feeling for many audience whether not they had prior UC knowledge or not, the over all events presented is pretty entertaining and has layer of depth, but those are for the eye of the beholder (audience) as how much they get the director's intentions than having key plot and character motivation present to audience in a way that majority of audience regardless age would understood. (for such formal story telling, the prime example is Build Fighters series, which any one with or without Gundam knowledge can not only GET the plot but enjoy the many elements within because it is in reality a sports/game/chess contest show.)

The UC universe was full of civilian non-pilots regardless of sex and skill level managed to drop into powerful machines and drive them in to battle field... Then the Gundam universe as a whole was full of capture prisoners allow to walk around in the ship/base socialize, build romantic relationship, steal powerful machines etc etc then end up back as enemies in no time when return to their original side...

I guess it is time for BanDIE and Sun-RICE to get a proper script writer and director that can do away with these issues but also retain the best of Gundam universe elements and make a show that is new and not a reboot. [THey actually did fix a lot of the plot issues with the Origin comic, but that is a reboot not a NEW series!]


I strongly disagree. I like Tomino shows and I hope they continue to use him as long as possible.

I also want to see more shows in the Regild Century. Hope we get a Zeta type sequel for G Reco!!

I think the main prob most of you guys have is you arent taking into account this is 1000s of years in the future past UC and people are completely different.

The people of earth , towasanga, and venus globe all have vastly different beliefs , thoughts, and attitudes than we do in real life or in the UC century.

For example, Bellri has been growing up his whole life thinking technology and war is taboo and you will be cursed for breaking the taboo.

His goal is now to cut out the root of war and end these wars ..

The reason some characters actions seem so strange is because of this. The people of Venus Globe for example... living 200+ years and isolated out in space with all this great technology and dictating how the people of earth live for 1000s of years and setting taboo... La Gu and the G-IT lab are examples of how they have become warped. (even talking about moving earth into another galaxy!!)

I really enjoy G reco and I can't wait to see how it ends.

I was thinking that Mask might join up with Bellri and fight G-IT corps because of Aida/Bellri comment about them threatening to turn them into Kuntala and eat them ... but Mask has joined up with G-IT and they said that Kuntala are similar to those people? are they lying, or is it because of the mutation? who knows we will have to wait and find out.

Im wondering what this "new world" mask wants to build is.
 
Apr 18, 2015 8:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 5857
The show is so messy that its so good. Its hard to talk about show if its like this. But I'm still on the ride.
Modified by Magito, Apr 18, 2015 8:58 AM
 
Jan 23, 2016 7:24 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 74
Who's with who now?

So the Megafauna just "casually" let a Mobile Armor fall into the enemy's hands? Really? It's like they didn't even bother.
 
Jan 7, 2018 11:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 15033
The Bell´s mother changed!!! :/


Hello, my litte boy!


 
Top