Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 24, 2015 6:35 AM

Dec 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And so this episode ends the arc. The animation quality could have been better but the soundtrack was great here, too. Honestly, I'm disappointed that
wasn't shown in the end.

I missed him so much, he's one of my favourites. (Don't look unless you watched the episode.)

Feb 24, 2015 8:25 PM

Apr 2008
Anyone have link of where to watch?

Feel free to read my fics as well http://www.fanfiction.net/~femaleheeroyuy
Feb 28, 2015 1:47 PM
Jul 2014
Yeah, where did you watch it? Kissanime only has the first episode
Mar 4, 2015 3:50 AM

Nov 2007
First 2:30 mins. to review previous ep.

[spoiler]Jeremy showing how knowledgeable he is, like Sabby. He can even do magic.

Everyone's being suspicious of him, so he proves himself clean, then to the case with Jeremy being the detective.

Not enough food because of Kimura-san's character eating so many. As Jeremy, he solved the dinner, too.

With the snake, they "solved" the case. The explanation was so flawless that it sounds real. But the author feeling weird about it.

So, Jeremy is really Sabby. Shocking truth with what they think, as well as their wicked and perfect cooperation. The real killer is Kimura-san's character?! lol @ trying to go back to be dead person several times by running. They also matched what the queen wanted him to do (to show the ability and delete both of them). Sabby also showed himself for the topic for the author to write. It took him long time to complete, but destroyed after that.

The real truth about the snake is... Snake from the Circus!! He got left behind from previous arc while the attack. So he's the only one who didn't know the reason behind circus's mission. Ciel kept him.

His funeral for a revival act. lol
tsubasaloverMar 4, 2015 4:02 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 5, 2015 11:34 AM
Nov 2013
Good, Undertaker able to show up at the end :)

I love you, Undertaker! X)
Mar 6, 2015 7:52 PM

Nov 2009
Hmmm, it wasn't that of a bad adaptation. But the manga was more suspense/thrill-building.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2015 11:48 AM

May 2013
can't stop laughing, the scene when Seb finds a lot of cats XD
at the end, the funeral, the servants are so lovely :3 but i love more and more Undertaker, that is why can't wait to see the ship arc :(
Mar 7, 2015 4:24 PM

Jul 2010
Snake baby <3

Lmao, Sebastian and the cats, also how he did everything was nice to see animated.

haganedonciii said:
but i love more and more Undertaker, that is why can't wait to see the ship arc :(

Same omg
Mar 15, 2015 12:45 PM

Jun 2009
Topic cleaned
Please refrain from asking where you can watch the anime please.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Mar 15, 2015 3:04 PM

Jul 2010
Have to say that I forgot Ciel had to understand the letter better or it would come bite him.

It was really entertaining with Sebastian explaining the entire crime scene to Arthur. All those near misses with Sebastian almost getting found out, that crisis with the cat, Grey and Ciel having fun.

Arthur keeping his word too to not tell anyone. Snake appearing and getting asked to join the household. Quite nice to see Book of Circus being connected at the end.

That funeral, everything went so nicely at the end. The mystery aspect was quite enjoyable, such an elaborate plan too!
Mar 15, 2015 5:34 PM

Oct 2011
Everything got explained.

My gut feeling was correct

SNAKE AHHHHH <3

Now he's a Phantomhive servant.

Does that mean Ciel would have invited the entire Circus back then if they didn't have to die? T__T
Mar 15, 2015 10:01 PM

Aug 2011
of course he wouldn't invite them, bc if they weren't guilty, then Ciel and Seb wouldn't join circus, and whole arc wouldn't take place.
he said that bc he found Snake to be convinient for him in the future, AND SO HE WILL BE bless Ciel for doing that. I just love Snake's moments in manga, especially in ship arc.

all the prayers for the ship arc anime to be created (;__;)

honestly, the part when Sebastian explains whole mystery was all i was waiting for. simply hilarious. one of my faves was seb's new hairstyle xd

there was only one small thing i was disappointed with
Mar 16, 2015 1:24 AM

Mar 2013
lol Sebastian i can't XDD
Mar 16, 2015 1:22 PM

Dec 2009
It was nice seeing that cat scene animated. Sebby and his adorable kitties. And Sebby's making his demonic presence known, and the funeral moment. Nice.

sen_noomi said:
all the prayers for the ship arc anime to be created (;__;)

honestly, the part when Sebastian explains whole mystery was all i was waiting for. simply hilarious. one of my faves was seb's new hairstyle xd

there was only one small thing i was disappointed with

I know. With every anime they seem to alter the personality of the characters a little as not to out shine the original (Manga) version. Like dumb them down a tad. Still, it was nice to watch. No fillers at least, but some missing scenes.. There were some that I would have liked to see that didn't make it.

Note: Do not trust the sub version that comes available on anime streaming site. The original subber had their incompleted subs stolen from during a live stream. You can read the story here.

Mar 16, 2015 1:47 PM

Apr 2013
Perfect!
Mar 17, 2015 1:34 PM
Jul 2018
It was awesome OVA :)

Howsoever, what happened with snake? Since this is happening before seasion 2 where ciel becomes deamon, snake is missing????

Whys that?
Mar 17, 2015 2:14 PM

Jun 2014
hopenheim said:
It was awesome OVA :)

Howsoever, what happened with snake? Since this is happening before seasion 2 where ciel becomes deamon, snake is missing????

Whys that?

The 2nd season isn't canon, Book of Murder is what truly happened in the manga.
Mar 17, 2015 3:06 PM

Nov 2011
> Yes my lord

Lol, that nailed it. Good episodes overall although somewhat predictable about the case. I like the mixture of the drama and comedy especially with Sebastian though :p

And what a role he played in this episode. Brilliant!
Mar 18, 2015 8:25 PM

Sep 2013
Great stuff 9/10
Sebastian has that demon speed :O
Mar 19, 2015 3:10 PM
Dec 2014
He KEPT the snake guy?! How the hell does that coexist with the main story plot of Black Butler? So confused. Also, as if Sebastian was able to fool everyone that he was the priest guy, does that mean that if you took this story away from the main plot Sebastian would have to dress up as him whenever he went out? Or would they go by the whole, oh yeah he just came back to life at the last second story. I don't know I feel like it doesn't fit with the main story. Or maybe it isn't supposed to...
Mar 19, 2015 5:47 PM
Apr 2013
ExoticPineapple said:
He KEPT the snake guy?! How the hell does that coexist with the main story plot of Black Butler? So confused. Also, as if Sebastian was able to fool everyone that he was the priest guy, does that mean that if you took this story away from the main plot Sebastian would have to dress up as him whenever he went out? Or would they go by the whole, oh yeah he just came back to life at the last second story. I don't know I feel like it doesn't fit with the main story. Or maybe it isn't supposed to...
Everything after the curry arc in the first anime is not considered manga canon so it is not counted.
Mar 19, 2015 8:18 PM

Nov 2012
Holy hell, I've just been reminded (once more) why I fucking love this series. Book of Murder has just been upped to one of my favorite anime. The jokes and reactions between Sebastian and Ciel was too much; not to mention Sebastian himself stole the whole show. His running back and forth was fucking hilarious. Wasn't sure whether he broke the 4th wall or not when he

Also, dat cat scene tho

"you could call this my silver lining
just joking"--Sebastian.
"Hey, assbutt!"—Castiel, Supernatural

"Do you ever have a problem where you just don't know how to reply to an argument-- not because you don't know the answer, but you just don't where to begin? Like, the foundation of knowledge you'd need to impart to this person before you could even begin to drag them out of their sinkhole of ignorance would cost thousands of dollars, if it were coming from a University?" -MAL in a nutshell.
Mar 26, 2015 12:42 PM

Jun 2014
I was happy to see Snake, he's my favourite.

Mar 28, 2015 7:46 PM

Dec 2012
Yeah Snake is now one of Ciel's servants >.<
Mar 28, 2015 8:01 PM
Jan 2008
Even though
, this was still really good and a delight.

Awwww...Snake was so cute munching with his snakes...
Mar 29, 2015 12:44 PM

Apr 2008
GChan said:
Even though
, this was still really good and a delight.

Awwww...Snake was so cute munching with his snakes...

It was intentionally very obvious they were the same person, they let us in on it and showed even Ciel knew (he starts calling him "omae" and then corrects himself) basically right after he arrived.
Apr 5, 2015 11:30 AM
Nov 2010
That sure kept my interest. Nice OVA overall.
Apr 10, 2015 9:26 PM

Jul 2012
I thought it was rather obvious that Jeremy was Sebastian since...Well, my seiyuu ears could pick up that Ono Daisuke was voicing both of them. The mystery was pretty interesting though. I didn't like that they didn't tie up all the loose ends and introduced a new villain at the end. It was kind of an asspull. Meh. Not that surprised since it is Kuroshitsuji after all.

I liked hearing the new voice actors!

I hope there is more Kuroshitsuji in the future.
Apr 11, 2015 1:06 PM

Jun 2014
Great adaptation overall. Animation could have been a bit better in parts but it wasn't terrible by any means.

I do have one complaint though...why is Mei-rin's voice so annoying? I know this isn't just for Book of Murder, and I know that she is the clumsy maid and everything, but still.

Anyway, Snaaaaaaake <3 He's so cute. I can't wait to see more of him and Undertaker if they decide to animate the Campania arc (please, please, please...)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2015 11:14 PM

Dec 2014
I knew Snake was gonna be in this somewhere.
Apr 17, 2015 12:59 AM

Dec 2012
mayukachan said:
I thought it was rather obvious that Jeremy was Sebastian since...Well, my seiyuu ears could pick up that Ono Daisuke was voicing both of them. The mystery was pretty interesting though. I didn't like that they didn't tie up all the loose ends and introduced a new villain at the end. It was kind of an asspull. Meh. Not that surprised since it is Kuroshitsuji after all.

I liked hearing the new voice actors!

I hope there is more Kuroshitsuji in the future.
Snake isn't a villian... he really does enter the phantomhive household as a servant after this.
Apr 17, 2015 2:28 AM

Jul 2012
warriorsftw said:
Snake isn't a villian... he really does enter the phantomhive household as a servant after this.

oh i didnt know that
Apr 26, 2015 7:09 PM

Mar 2014
Really great and enjoyable OVA. To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed in myself for not noticing Jeremy was Sebastian. I was looking over things a bit too much, and my mind was farting. I did find it a bit too stretchy that literally the whole thing was planned by Ciel, Sebastian, and the queen, and executed without too many problems.
Sebastian says he does not lie, but he lied by omission.
May 3, 2015 10:45 AM

May 2012
A perfect example of the old switcheroo! Great episode though and I really liked how everything got resolved, really interesting story in general I must say and to be honest I can't get enough of this franchise! I do hope we'll see something next to this in the future as well!
May 8, 2015 1:53 AM

Apr 2011
I miss the Circus arc. It was real brutal and touching between the tomboy and Ciel. Snake being part of the family is a good thing, it would of been a waste of a unique character like him. I hope there is another sequel with him, being put in good uses.
May 20, 2015 1:56 PM

Aug 2010
As a Kuroshitsuji fan I find this the richest story in Kuroshitsuji, until now.
I love the setting, the characters and the way the story is being told.
Also, there was not a single minute that I felt bored.

I loved it!
May 26, 2015 12:57 PM

May 2010
Yup, one of my favourite arcs in Kuroshitsuji after all :) This part was much better than the first one, the 'reveal' was too funny, especially because I forgot most of it, it's been a few years since that arc ended in the manga after all.

I really hope that we will get another Kuroshitsuji season in a close future.
Jun 26, 2015 12:12 AM

Jan 2013
Oh, so that's where all the cats came from.

Typical Sebastian :)
Jul 10, 2015 10:40 PM

Jan 2012
I wonder if they will continue the anime? I really liked Book of murder and it seems it did well, guess we will have to wait and see :)
Jul 18, 2015 2:58 AM

Jun 2011
Awesome OVA. Though it was obvious that Jeremy = Sebastian...

Sebastian's face when he saw the cats was so cuuuute

Snaaake <3 He's weird but funny. This was the first time I saw his face with emotions lmao
Jul 20, 2015 6:43 PM

Dec 2012
This was genius. I expected Grey to be the culprit from the beginning but I didn't get any clue until explained. 10/10
Jul 29, 2015 8:56 AM
May 2015
The animation was great, the ost was awesome, I loved it!
Jul 29, 2015 6:52 PM

Dec 2013
damn this was amazing. I loved how the mystery went and how it was completely in the palms of Ciel / Sebastian's plan.

9/10 OVA.
Snake joining was really surprising though but I'm glad he did!

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Nov 1, 2015 11:57 AM
Oct 2013
Amazing adaptation. 9/10

This mystery cheating can only be done with Sebastian around.
Nov 11, 2015 8:51 AM

Jan 2012
lol i need more can't wait for movie.

Jan 13, 2016 11:21 AM

Jun 2010
I simply loooooooooooooooove it<3
Aug 17, 2016 2:02 PM

Jul 2013
Yes, it was easy in the dub too to get that it was the same voice actor as Sebastian doing Jeremy (no one even gets credited as him on here lol), I said it immediately I said "it's Sebastian with an older voice and older different face" lol but he also acted pretty much exactly the same as well as sounding it so it wasn't hard to figure out tbh.

If the servants really couldn't get that and were fooled by the bell ringing at the end in the coffin and just accepted he was buried alive with no explanation then they are really dense lol. It was cute though when they all jumped on him and were so happy that he was alive :3

When Sebastian found all the cats in the rain and raced to put them in the closet it was hilarious! I love how much he loves cats LOL! it's so freaking adorable, I need a guy like that xD

I liked Sebastian's explanation of how he pulled everything off, that was much appreciated and needed lol. I can't believe how much running around he did to play the corpse and Jeremy at the same time, must have been exhausting lol.

When he had to get back in the room before Grey as well!

So it was Grey, well I did suspect it may have been him and the snake bite came from one of Snake from the Circus's snakes who was trained to get Ciel from scent but someone else was in his room, I kinda forgot about him but yeah, that does make sense and he didn't seem to like the revelation of what they'd been doing.

I didn't expect the German guy to have originally took poison and done it as a joke though only to actually end up dead.

I am surprised that Ciel said he could stay at the mansion though tbh, probably wouldn't have been had Snake known about the children or not cared, it'd be interesting to see their adventures together.

Who did the OP mean was supposed to die?

How did I not get that Arthur was Arthur Connan Doyle lol. In the dub his voice kept sounding sort of Scottish at times and other times just sort of English when he was Irish-Scottish according to Wikipedia which I didn't really know. I knew he was British obviously since I am but not exactly where from.

I'm surprised Sebastian told him he was demon to give him inspiration as a writer and then he wrote the Sherlock books and based them on them lol. That'd be so funny if it were true but well, obviously not unless the manga writer knows something lol.

Arthur only guessed Jeremy was Sebastian after he spoke French to him since he heard him speak French with Ciel - I mean since Ciel means sky in French then he should be able to speak it lol. Or a bit lol. I thought he might have got it before.

OMG I just looked at who did the voice of Arthur on here in the dub and his picture scared me lol. I couldn't even tell at the end credits if the name was male or female, I was like "what is that?" lol.

I really hope they make another series or something!

I do really need to read the manga! I read the first two chapters when I watched the first series but then was reading so many other things and the chapters were so long I gave up.

But I need more sexy animated Sebastian and more of him with cats for sure! lol <3
stephtastropheAug 17, 2016 2:16 PM
Sep 1, 2016 6:02 AM

Aug 2016
I live for this moment

http://i.imgur.com/LcRpeWv.png

What a suprise that

Seb showing the tiniest hint of getting flustered with all the running around and getting annoyed when Grey kicks him gave me LIFE. He was so funny this entire episode. The cat moment, stuffing them in the closet because he felt sorry for them all out in the rain.

Snakeeeee <3 I'm so pleased to see him! This arc has set everything up quite nicely for the ship arc in 2017!

Aug 3, 2017 8:00 AM
Jun 2013
This was the clean up episode and I must say it was well done and filled with funny moments. Liked how they explained every little detail. Kinda messed up that dude who was killed by the snakes was just a oops situation. Also i like the moment with ciel and snake mainly cause it looked like ciel actually showed remorse for what he had done especially for doll since he just killed her with not flinching at all. Though it could be all a lie and bringing snake in and lieing to him might bight him on the ass. Also yea it was obvious as hell that sebastion was jeremy. It wasint even the voice. I mean just look at him especially the eyes.
Sep 30, 2017 10:33 AM

Jun 2016
Just when I thought that it was supposed to be a dark series just like the Book of Circus, but it ended up being hilarious as fuck. Ohmygod. I'm honestly mindblown right now with everything that happened. FUck. Hahahahahaha.

That reveal with Jeremy being Sebby was quite a shock for me, though I can honestly hear Daisuke's voice in Jeremy, so I had a hunch that yeah I think he's Sebby, but I was still shocked knowing Sebby is Jeremy and Jeremy is Sebby. Lmfao.

Sebby with cats, I s2g. Cute as fuck! ;-;

Wasn't expecting that Snake will appear in the end. Ohmygod. And now he's a part of the Phantomhive Family. So, Ciel didn't tell him that Joker and the rest were dead? Holy shit.

And as always Sebby and Ciel will have moments where they're lowkey making fun of each other. Ohmygod. I want to see Sebby's naked body, too. Fuck.

SOLID 9/10. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA THANK YOU FOR THE LAUGHS! I REALLY ENJOYED THIS SERIES.

P.S. Let me just say that part with Finny, Bard, Liz, and Mey-rin about to throw themselves on Sebastian inside the coffin when they found out he's alive immediately reminded me of this Barakamon ending scene.

And considering that Handa-san and Sebby have the same seiyuu makes this scene so cute and hilarious. Hahahaha.

HISASHIBURI, UNDERTAKER. HAHA.
TheDoggoneGirlSep 30, 2017 10:38 AM

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Murder Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Her_Holiness - Jan 30, 2015

55 by Elyshion »»
Apr 7, 6:23 AM

» Why isn't he here??😭😭

Shizuma1234 - Mar 6, 2022

4 by NicoNikoNeko »»
Mar 6, 2022 8:58 PM

» Is Sebastian from Black Butler attracted to Ciel body as well

Ciel_Adorer - Feb 20, 2015

11 by --Fiend_09-- »»
Dec 8, 2021 8:35 PM

» What scenes from the manga were cut?

Toa_of_Gallifrey - Nov 13, 2015

1 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Jun 29, 2021 12:19 PM

» Only 2 episodes ?

Satan-sama - Sep 5, 2014

19 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
May 30, 2021 10:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.