Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 24, 2015 12:35 AM
Mar 2011
ttle sayd it all

i find thih manga huge fun i bgen collecting it 2 weeks agio vloumes wise but hhven been rading it weekly sinc eit began its huge fun
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Mar 10, 2015 7:20 PM

Mar 2008
If nobody scanlates it, then manga like this will always go unnoticed amongst english speakers. I'm sure you know this, Date.
Mar 10, 2015 7:24 PM

Jun 2012
Maybe one day the people translating Pyuu to Fuku Jaguar will take up Isobe Isobee it really does deserve being translated out of Japanese.

They're not putting out 1 and a half chapters every week now anymore are they? So it shouldn't be as much of a burden.
Mar 10, 2015 7:26 PM
Mar 2011
Ckan said:
If nobody scanlates it, then manga like this will always go unnoticed amongst english speakers. I'm sure you know this, Date.

no i never knew that a small ononig jump manga would not be tralated
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Mar 10, 2015 7:33 PM

Mar 2008
Mar 10, 2015 7:41 PM

Jun 2012
Recent ongoing Jump Manga are really hit and miss whether they get translated past a chapter or two. Isobe Isobee being a comedy it'd take more effort translating and the comedy might not go over well in a western demographic.

Kochikame isn't being faithfully translated either and it's been around for decades. I don't think Isobe being short is all that much of an incentive.

It is surprising though that less popular titles like Hime-doll, Stealth Symphony, and Yoakemono have been more or less completely translated and nobody has touched Kochikame outside of Japan.

It really doesn't help that the western digital release of Shonen Jump by viz only does the top series and the first three to four chapters of new titles.
Mar 11, 2015 1:28 AM
Mar 2011
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Recent ongoing Jump Manga are really hit and miss whether they get translated past a chapter or two. Isobe Isobee being a comedy it'd take more effort translating and the comedy might not go over well in a western demographic.

Kochikame isn't being faithfully translated either and it's been around for decades. I don't think Isobe being short is all that much of an incentive.

It is surprising though that less popular titles like Hime-doll, Stealth Symphony, and Yoakemono have been more or less completely translated and nobody has touched Kochikame outside of Japan.

It really doesn't help that the western digital release of Shonen Jump by viz only does the top series and the first three to four chapters of new titles.

this most of the time id say fans traslate it because i dont want this to be another shin cahn dub you know

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isobe Isobee Monogatari: Ukiyo wa Tsurai yo Chapter 2 Discussion

ichii_1 - Feb 26, 2017

1 by Kuma »»
Mar 26, 2017 4:09 AM

Poll: » Isobe Isobee Monogatari: Ukiyo wa Tsurai yo Chapter 1 Discussion

ichii_1 - Feb 26, 2017

0 by ichii_1 »»
Feb 26, 2017 3:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.