Forum Settings
Forums
Apr 5, 2015 10:40 AM

lucjan said:
Surprised at the amount of people who don't want Kaneki back. Even more surprised at the amount of people who like Haise. Haise is way too dull. I don't like him. At least part 1 Kaneki (before the torture) was interesting. Haise is boring. The only reason I indulge his existence is because I'm hoping it GOES AWAY. I'm hoping for a merge of part 1 Kaneki and part 2 Kaneki. Obv Kaneki isn't going to be like, "See ya" to his squad, but after regaining his memories, there's no way he's gonna stay.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Kaneki is going to be a martyr and sacrifice himself for the greater good at the end of the manga, but I honestly wouldn't like that ending. My preferred ending is for Kaneki to finally go back to school and hopefully settle down with Touka.
I'm sure most people want Kaneki back. We just don't want his Haise personality to disappear. But I do see where you're coming from. Also If Sasaki didn't have his past going for him he would be a pretty dull protagonist. What makes him so special is his past as Kaneki.

Apr 5, 2015 12:15 PM

Ragna92 said:
Also If Sasaki didn't have his past going for him he would be a pretty dull protagonist. What makes him so special is his past as Kaneki.

This feels wrong for some reason. Although it's your opinion but I strongly disagree.

Apr 5, 2015 1:43 PM
Some people are disappointed because they looking forward to seeing Kaneki develop, but his development was cut short. Unless Haise regains his memories and becomes Kaneki again, they will never accept him as TG main character over Kaneki.

Apr 5, 2015 2:11 PM

You must be insane to think that Kaneki isn't going to recover his memories. And there was no more development for that Kaneki. Some people are disappointed because some other people don't seem to understand that.

Apr 5, 2015 5:03 PM

Gamer6 said:
Ragna92 said:
Also If Sasaki didn't have his past going for him he would be a pretty dull protagonist. What makes him so special is his past as Kaneki.

This feels wrong for some reason. Although it's your opinion but I strongly disagree.
Well, calling him dull was going too far but he wouldn't be no where near as interesting if he was actually a brand new character. He's like the aftermath of Kaneki just without memories.
Modified by Ragna92, Apr 5, 2015 5:06 PM

Apr 5, 2015 5:39 PM

Sasaki's character feels so fake right now. He needs to regain his memory to become the person he wants to be. He'll probably break loose and go crazy again, but hope he calms down. I think this is the only way he's going to have chance at fighting the stronger ghouls.
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star." -Friedrich Nietzsche | Last.fm

Apr 5, 2015 7:19 PM
Im sure we'll see Kaneki shine in the Auction Arc and then Haise takes over and we wont see Kaneki regain his memories "fully" until we are well into the series

Apr 5, 2015 8:32 PM
if aogiri is aware of haise=kaneki then no doubt it'll incrementally occur in this arc. I'm hoping ishida takes his time by transitioning kaneki's memories into haise's consciousness in a way that allows haise to incorporate(capable of using his kagune and confronting the past without having a nervous breakdown), accept(right now, he rejects kaneki 100%), and inevitably rationalizing both personalities and memories to the point that he becomes..kanekaise.
"Is it just me, or is the lobby full of ghouls?" - CCG investigator Roger Sterling.

Apr 6, 2015 12:02 PM
I'm sure auction arc is going to play a role in Haise regaining his past memories. Hope, Uta is planning to fuck with his head a little.
But as for his reaction to them goes... I just hope is not going to turn into 100% Kaneki. Haise is more mentally stable (at least he seems that way, I'm sure CcG brainwashed him) so way he deals with them might surprise us,or he's going to have some kind mental breakdown,during which he kill/hurt someone close to him(boring.
Haise/Kaneki's actions are kinda hard to predict because of plot and how fucked up he's inside.

Apr 6, 2015 3:23 PM

I'm sure when Haise starts to fight against someone he knew from his previous life, some memories will resurface like in one of the previous chapters. Then slowly it will build up until Kaneki returns probably having also Haise's memory as well.

Apr 6, 2015 9:30 PM
Sasaki...Fake...? What is Kaneki's real character then?Imo if anything, Sasaki is everything Kaneki yearns to be. Someone who can help other people, someone with a family(dont tell me his bond with the quinx is fake). Plus Haise has both Kuroneki's and Shironeki's attitude.

I think if Ishida is going to keep both Kaneki and Haise, it's likely for him to keep Haise's personality but to have Kaneki's memory.

Apr 9, 2015 5:43 AM
I think Haise and kaneki will meet in some middle ground having kinda a switch one to his crazy side and another to his normal good side

Apr 9, 2015 5:54 AM

I wouldn't mind to have a Sensui(from yu yu hakusho) "like" character as Kaneki.

Apr 28, 2015 8:49 AM
I belive Sasaki will accept his old memories as Kaneki, I personally REALLY miss Kaneki with black hair. But he's touching his chin (lying) when https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftgre-news.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F104397548597%2Fmay-i-ask-what-is-your-opinion-of-touka&ei=iKs_VeOaFcW_sAXIzYHwBg&psig=AFQjCNH4X5p7QEnLtIQ68FlC_WGwcOhCYA&ust=1430322039210478

he said he was really happy living as Sasaki, so obiously, he does not like living this way, and will turn back eventually, and what's the point in adding Kaneki to the story if he never comes back without changing anything, if that's the case, just get rid of the first two series.

May 1, 2015 12:23 PM
I think he'll get his memories, and will try to hide it from everyone all while having a war inside himself and it'll be damn good OKAY IT WILL HAPPEN NOBODY ELSE WILL TELL ME OTHERWISE LALALA

May 17, 2015 2:14 PM

Yeah, I also prefer Sasaki (but I prefer the CCG side of the story in general).
I don't want White Kaneki taking over him, since that personality and development was going nowhere. He was broken and getting progressively more broken, and his fights didn't help anyone in the broad picture.
He looks much more in his own place in this version.

Also if Amon is still the lead of the second plotline, Kaneki will have to stay on CCG's side at least until Amon reemerges (oh, how do I look forward to it...).

May 18, 2015 6:50 PM

It's still to early for Kaneki to come back again

Besides in the end I predict that both Kaneki and Haise personalities wll fuse somehow, making Kaneki whole again

May 30, 2015 7:50 PM
Hopefully soon Sasaki as he is now is just boring ..

Don't get me wrong I don't want crazy Kaneki back but I still want this to be Kaneki's story (just not crazy and more stable like Sasaki) not some fake dude called Sasaki who's whole existence is a lie

So pls Kaneki come back soon

May 31, 2015 1:01 AM

FanEu said:

Don't get me wrong I don't want crazy Kaneki back but I still want this to be Kaneki's story (just not crazy and more stable like Sasaki) not some fake dude called Sasaki who's whole existence is a lie

nah

May 31, 2015 1:47 AM
FanEu said:

Are you forgetting something that Sasaki is Kaneki. This is still Kaneki's story or are we reading different series now? Even Hinami acknowledged Haise as Kaneki, her onii chan.

Dont get me wrong, neither Sasaki nor Kaneki will stay, this MC of TG continues to evolve and we will not leave Sasaki or Kaneki by the end of the series.

Can people pls not downplay Sasaki relationship with the CCG folks? They, the CCG people esp the Quinx kids, Akira and probably Arima are as important to Sasaki's life as much as the Anteiku people to Kaneki. I seriously think some people are too blinded by their hatred towards CCG to actually comprehend what Ishida is trying to deliver in his story by giving us the CCG POV atm.

May 31, 2015 5:52 AM
lilymul said:
FanEu said:

Are you forgetting something that Sasaki is Kaneki. This is still Kaneki's story or are we reading different series now? Even Hinami acknowledged Haise as Kaneki, her onii chan.

Dont get me wrong, neither Sasaki nor Kaneki will stay, this MC of TG continues to evolve and we will not leave Sasaki or Kaneki by the end of the series.

Can people pls not downplay Sasaki relationship with the CCG folks? They, the CCG people esp the Quinx kids, Akira and probably Arima are as important to Sasaki's life as much as the Anteiku people to Kaneki. I seriously think some people are too blinded by their hatred towards CCG to actually comprehend what Ishida is trying to deliver in his story by giving us the CCG POV atm.

The problem is that he doesn't have/nor wants his memories back so how is he Kaneki again without all those memories and experiences?

He is basically saying : " Don't care about Kaneki, I'm Sasaki now sry"

May 31, 2015 6:38 AM
FanEu said:
lilymul said:

The problem is that he doesn't have/nor wants his memories back so how is he Kaneki again without all those memories and experiences?

do you really think he's not going to get his memories back? So now you're saying people who are amnesia are not themselves because they do not remember their past? wow

Pls, the memories didnt even matter to Hinami when she looked at Haise. It was his personality that she accepted Haise as Kaneki right away. His memories as Kaneki may gone but he still maintained his past traits especially his desire to protect people precious to him just like Kaneki. How is Haise =/= Kaneki ? Tell me how is he different from Kaneki?

blergh I hate talking about Haise as if he is a separate entity from Kaneki.

May 31, 2015 6:57 AM

lilymul said:
FanEu said:

do you really think he's not going to get his memories back? So now you're saying people who are amnesia are not themselves because they do not remember their past? wow

Pls, the memories didnt even matter to Hinami when she looked at Haise. It was his personality that she accepted Haise as Kaneki right away. His memories as Kaneki may gone but he still maintained his past traits especially his desire to protect people precious to him just like Kaneki. How is Haise =/= Kaneki ? Tell me how is he different from Kaneki?

blergh I hate talking about Haise as if he is a separate entity from Kaneki.
I know right?

"This person is Haise Sasaki, my big brother Ken Kaneki". He may not remember who he was but it doesn't change who he was. He will indeed get his memories back eventually. And I don't remember him ever saying he doesn't care about Kaneki. He just misunderstood his past self. The last chapter was the first step into his acceptance of his former self.

This story started with Kaneki and it will end with him. Our protagonist has been going through many phases and this is one of them. I believe the Sasaki personality turns him into an even more complex character.

Jun 17, 2015 10:47 PM
CNTRI715 said:
At the beginning of :re I hated Sasaki and just wanted Kaneki back lol. Now I'm kinda conflicted because he seems so happy as Sasaki.

He's found a group of people he cares about in the Quinx, Akira, Arima, etc. but at the same time he's lost people that still care about him and he used to care about like Touka.

Like he brings up when he and Shirazu are talking in the club, I'm curious what he will think of the Quinx and CCG in general when he gets his memories back.

The insane amount of buildup to this auction arc makes me think the Sasaki/Kaneki transition is probably happening soon. Either way it will be pretty cool to see the old Kaneki again.

I agree that Kaneki has found new friends and I see that some people don't want Kaneki to come back for whatever reason. But I say that he has to remember. Because he has friends that are still wondering about him not to mention that he can't forget about HIDE!
Hide once told Touka that when Kaneki hides something he rubbs his chin. Sasaki did that once while saying "I'm happy living like this"
That goes to show that he is at least wonders about his (Kaneki's) past.

Jun 20, 2015 1:55 AM
I don't know, but I really miss the old old Kaneki, you know, the cute black haired book worm, struggling with being half-ghoul, Kaneki. I feel like most people just don't want the crazy white-haired one back. Really, Haise is closer to the old Kaneki, basically, he'll just become a combination of both, instead of one or the other, (hence his black and white hair.) The first black haired Kaneki was his more human side, and his white haired persona was the ghoul one - well now, he's both. I like that better.

I just don't like the whole Quinx Squad idea.... They're more like Kaneki (but also not, since they're not half ghoul,) but it makes me feel like Kaneki isn't as special. ;~;

Jun 21, 2015 11:46 PM

Considering the parallelity of Tokyo Ghoul and Re chapters, I'm betting Kaneki will return in the same number of chapter that White Kaneki appeared in the original Tokyo Ghoul.
Arknights is 👌

Jun 22, 2015 1:12 AM
NethrGhoul said:
I don't know, but I really miss the old old Kaneki, you know, the cute black haired book worm, struggling with being half-ghoul, Kaneki. I feel like most people just don't want the crazy white-haired one back. Really, Haise is closer to the old Kaneki, basically, he'll just become a combination of both, instead of one or the other, (hence his black and white hair.) The first black haired Kaneki was his more human side, and his white haired persona was the ghoul one - well now, he's both. I like that better.

I just don't like the whole Quinx Squad idea.... They're more like Kaneki (but also not, since they're not half ghoul,) but it makes me feel like Kaneki isn't as special. ;~;

I dont know in what regards Kaneki is special to you. If you're talking about him being a half ghoul, it's not like he's the only half ghoul, we already got Kurona and Nashiro in Part 1 and now Amon and Seidou. They being half ghoul isnt going to make Kaneki less special than he is. They are like Kaneki? Their personalities , background and how they are developed as characters are different from Kaneki.

Jun 23, 2015 5:29 AM

I want haise to be half kaneki again..
He can still ve Haise, but the most part, i want the Kaneki back.. I mean, you HAVE to remember Touka, Nishiki, Yamo, Uta, Hinami and the rest of the gang.

Those peopls are so much more fun then humans in the CG..

Jun 23, 2015 6:01 AM

^No they are not.

Jul 28, 2015 7:52 PM
Arcanix said:
^No they are not.

Yes they are

They suck ass and are annoying as fuck compared to the Antikeu group

Jul 28, 2015 10:12 PM

As much as I adore Haise and his dorky self, I miss my precious Shironeki and Kuroneki however, I do not wish Haise's persona to disappear, so I am hoping for a character merge between the three.

As for Antikeu and CCG, I am not sure. I definitely would choose Antikeu over the CCG, but I wouldn't want them to disappear either.

What ever happens, I wouldn't worry too much. I believe in Ishida-san.

Jul 29, 2015 2:22 AM

8animet said:

Yes they are

no

Jul 29, 2015 6:45 AM

Arcanix said:
8animet said:

Yes they are

no

Both side are fun as long sasaki / haise enjoying it
World is cruel place, and at the same time it's beautiful

Aug 14, 2015 9:30 AM
I think he will regain everything at the end of the manga and the the being become one and it becomes into kaneki with sasakis memories as well and we get to see kaneki do the job only a few people like him can do that is unite humans and ghouls as yoishmaru said he has a place in both places and in the end human and Ghoul can live in peace

Aug 14, 2015 11:10 AM

Remember when Tokyo ghoul didn't have Sasaki? ah the good old days :'(

Aug 14, 2015 12:17 PM

ichii_1 said:

Ya... if we look even further back, we may find the days when bleach wasn't complete crap.

Aug 14, 2015 10:34 PM

Arcanix said:
ichii_1 said:

Ya... if we look even further back, we may find the days when bleach wasn't complete crap.

Not possible, cause even the white backgrounds have more depth than Sasaki.

Aug 14, 2015 11:02 PM

ichii_1 said:

You must be with the Pierrots.

Aug 14, 2015 11:41 PM

ichii_1 said:

Not possible, cause even the white backgrounds have more depth than Sasaki.

What has the depth of Sasaki to do with the fact that bleach characters have the depth of a puddle on the side of the street? Oh, wait...

Aug 14, 2015 11:42 PM

you know.. I really love this manga, I think :re is definitely enjoyable. But it's clearly not as good as the prequel, everyone knows and agrees with that.

I'm looking forward to what the author has in store for us, but if he doesn't fully get his memories back, I'll be disappointed.
I always hate it when characters in anime/manga completely lose their memories.. It started when watching certain anime and there was about to be a happy end. But all of a sudden a normal happy end isn't enough anymore and the author wants to try something "special".. so the anime ends with "Who are you?" and that type of bullshit.

None of that is unique or special anymore.. it's just a cheap way out for authors who want some "cool" twist and not a normal happy end.

It's definitely handled better in this manga, simply because there was no happy end in sight anyway and due to the effect of Kaneki's memory loss, he's in contact with completely different people.

But I simply miss having Touka around.. and all the other characters. They were much more interesting. And I really enjoyed the Kaneki + Touka moments (obviously).

So I want Sasaki to once again turn into Kaneki.. cuz if he stays Sasaki and therefore the Kaneki + Touka moments/interactions will no longer happen, I'll be thoroughly disappointed.

On top of that.. let's be honest, Kaneki > Sasaki.

Aug 15, 2015 12:04 AM

Kaneki is actually Sasaki... they are not 2 different persons, i know right ? Mindblowing!! And what the fuck are you talking about when you say Kaneki and Touka moments... What moments? There were 2 interactions between them after the first 45 chapters.

Aug 15, 2015 12:15 AM

can't tell if you're drunk and are just looking to blow off some steam or actually not that smart?
Are you telling me that Kaneki + Touka had no interactions in the prequel?

Yea.. I know, right? These 2 were basically strangers. There were almost zero conversations between these two!

And guess what, I know they're the same person, but you know what I meant.. memory loss = basically another person. And he's surrounded by completely different people.
So what don't you understand when I say I'd like him to get his memories back and return to being Kaneki (+ see more of the old characters)?

So please, stop looking to start some shit, it's childish :)

edit: Ehh.. what a waste of my time. Just looking at your other posts in this thread, you clearly have some anger issues and are looking to take it out on random people on the internet. All your posts.. damn you must have some sad RL to be this salty and angry on the internet.
best of luck to you!
Modified by Romeo, Aug 15, 2015 12:23 AM

Aug 15, 2015 12:23 AM

Maybe read what i'm actually saying? Where did i say they had no interactions... i said that they had 2 interactions after chapter 45(and you should know this, because i said it again) so if Kaneki "comes back"(as you say), you really think that he is going to run back to Touka? Nah.

There is something some of you seem to not understand. How much time did Kaneki spend at Anteiku? A few weeks or months? Not even that i think. How much time did Kaneki spend with the quinx or the CCG... a few years? Yah... so do you expect him when he remember everything to just say "fuck off" to the quinx and to some of the CCG and run back to the ghouls? You're going to wait a long time for that.

Aug 15, 2015 12:25 AM

yea right.. cuz Kaneki and Touka didn't like each other at all. I'm sure she wasn't an important person to him at all.

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but Tokyo Ghoul was actually longer than just the first 45 chapters.
But you've probably stopped reading there, which would explain your nonexistent knowledge about this manga.

Aug 15, 2015 12:28 AM

Ehm... i'm sorry, but is there something wrong in your head? If i said that there were 2 interactions after the first 45 chapters.

1 INTERACTION when Kaneki saved Touka from Ayato.*yes this includes all the bullshit that happens after when he said that he's going alone*
2nd INTERACTION when Kaneki and Touka met on the bridge.

Like what the flip are you even saying? How did you come to the conclusion that i stopped reading at chapter 45... lol.
Modified by Arcanix, Aug 15, 2015 12:33 AM

Aug 15, 2015 1:51 AM
Romeo said:
you know.. I really love this manga, I think :re is definitely enjoyable. But it's clearly not as good as the prequel,everyone knows and agrees with that.

No they don't and neither do the Japanese readers which is what really matters.

Aug 19, 2015 6:46 AM

we have to wait a month and a week. then we'll see what's going to happen.(i mean chapter 45 or 44 when shironeki appeared) maybe sasaki turns out another different person we dont know. that would be cool lol think about it, one body but 4 personas !!!

ishida sama! show me how many characters you can create lol
EustassKiddo !

Aug 19, 2015 7:45 AM

It was actually chapter 66 or somewhere around that.

Aug 22, 2015 9:32 PM
I want a half and half. I mean he can't just snap back or there isn't any point but also I'm not a fan of him just being Haise. I LOVE Keneki like my freaking child I have watched him grow and I'm NOT letting go! I want him to join back with Touka and Hinami and all of them but I think it would be awesome if he got his memories back and sort of worked for the CCG with Touka and everyone. His goal is to make ghouls and humans understand eachother right? Plus we have already tried Aogiri and that didn not work out.

I think he should keep the gentleness of Haise (like when he was just plain old snuggly muffin Keneki) and the craziness off "Keneki" (I put quotations because I don't know how to refer to his psycho side). Also I want him to get white hair again.

I want the CCG to help him train his Kakuja (I think that's what it's called, the centipede thing) and control it and so that way its like okay, you got your ish together, your memories and *cough* lover (Touka) *cough* friends back (also I hope Hide is alive and I think that would be a great way for him m to regain his memories) so yeah his life is good and together so let's go kick some sense into everyone's thick skulls! WOOHOO!

Now for the whole remembering thing. I feel like Hide is alive and was told Keneki was dead because he was a threat to Keneki remembering so they had to get rid of him. Believing his friend was gone he lost hope and teamed with Touka or someone to fight. Or heck maybe after he was wounded in battle (where Keneki "died") he stumbled into Agaori and was turned half ghoul and so he just hasn't been around. Well somehow he hears of Keneki or stumbles upon him in battle or something and Keneki remembers and so the shock of all the memories causes him to go insane for a bit (because we need the drama, that's what the series is built on) and his hair turns white from shock/Trauma (because I have a thing for white hair and I need him to have it!) and after they manage to calm him down either he pretends he doesn't remember anything so he can sneak around behind the "enemy lines" (CCG) and he teams with Touka and them or he gets taken away by the CCG and interrogated and after revealing his intentions they decide its worth a shot and help him and Touka and the group team with Keneki and CCG.
Sorry it was so long but I needed to share. I desperately want Keneki back and it's not like I hate Haise it's just, well, I love Keneki way more. So yeah sorry anyways. It would also be cute if like the quinx (how do you spell it, the group of CCG half ghouls that Haise works with) find out about Keneki by stealing a file or something and so they find Touka and help him remember since they love him like a father... Except that one guy I can't remember the name of who Haise demoted for being an idiot so he got butt hurt and underwent some crazy surgery to become strong. I dunno just some ideas I had.
If you were to ask me how I feel it's grey because I'm not happy im sad but blue is too calming of a color and black too empty, I am grey like the static on a television, chaotic and always changing ~ Gray

Nov 16, 2015 3:12 PM

HHHHEEEEE'SSSSS BBBBAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! Chapter 53; came back at the end of the chapter. RIP Haise
the vodka is the only good thing god made about finland

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »