Forum Settings
Forums
Nov 16, 2015 3:16 PM
Javlar said:
HHHHEEEEE'SSSSS BBBBAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! Chapter 53; came back at the end of the chapter. RIP Haise

nope

Nov 16, 2015 6:05 PM
fans, read carefully the conversation between them: http://sunset-tower.tumblr.com/

it raises many interpretations.

Nov 17, 2015 1:32 AM

lol "tokyo ghoul" "fans" "read" ... lol "tokyo ghoul" "fans" "read carefully" lol ... nice one (this isn't sarcasm my dear suave and mythical fan of TG 'of some kind' that posted below... i truly believe that this fandom is full of adorable people... it's first time when i noticed that someone uses and alt account to reply to me, thank you, i feel like i just won my first million)

With that said, when i am sarcastic that's usually what i'm going for, so people like you can understand me.
Modified by Arcanix, Nov 17, 2015 2:20 AM

Nov 17, 2015 1:57 AM
Arcanix said:
lol "tokyo ghoul" "fans" "read" ... lol "tokyo ghoul" "fans" "read carefully" lol ... nice one

Your Sarcasm is on an autistic level of cringe.

Nov 22, 2015 5:44 PM
Ch. 54, guys. :)

Dec 28, 2015 3:16 AM
Well.. i hope that he'll be back again as kaneki ken.
I dont know why, but I prefer him with his ghoul friends than human ._.

Feb 25, 2016 8:33 PM
Kaneki needs to come back. Sasaki is fucking boring. Only reason im reding it is for him to gain his memories back and see what goes forth. No way in hell i'd be reading this for Sasaki and i doubt any of us would be given if we did not read the first part of the tokyo ghoul series.

Feb 26, 2016 10:06 AM
UndeadSoul said:
Kaneki needs to come back. Sasaki is fucking boring. Only reason im reding it is for him to gain his memories back and see what goes forth. No way in hell i'd be reading this for Sasaki and i doubt any of us would be given if we did not read the first part of the tokyo ghoul series.

You know. I think he already regained his memories. (Since his fight with Eto)
He's just pretending he didn't.

Feb 26, 2016 1:51 PM
UndeadSoul said:

Feb 26, 2016 2:17 PM

UndeadSoul said:

A person like this one is going to launch the first nuke.

Feb 26, 2016 2:50 PM

Arcanix said:
UndeadSoul said:

I was actually hesitant to pose a similar response because I thought he was probably being sarcastic.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 26, 2016 9:40 PM
Kinneas24 said:
UndeadSoul said:

You know. I think he already regained his memories. (Since his fight with Eto)
He's just pretending he didn't.

Yeah when i posted this I was on chapter like 44 and was getting pissed. In chapter 52-54 ish he sort of got them back I guess.

Feb 26, 2016 9:53 PM
Kvothe51 said:
Arcanix said:

I was actually hesitant to pose a similar response because I thought he was probably being sarcastic.

why would i be being sarcastic?

Feb 26, 2016 10:53 PM

UndeadSoul said:
Kvothe51 said:

Everyone would think so if you're caught up with the manga. Why would you discuss these things when you're not even caught up with the latest chapter? You're like 20+ chapters behind. That's just asking for spoilers and shit.

Feb 28, 2016 1:55 AM
EasyGo-er said:
UndeadSoul said:

Everyone would think so if you're caught up with the manga. Why would you discuss these things when you're not even caught up with the latest chapter? You're like 20+ chapters behind. That's just asking for spoilers and shit.
EasyGo-er said:
UndeadSoul said:

Well im not a guy that cares for spoilers.....Im not sure if this is an insult or not. I posted mainly for discussion nothing more. How was i supposed to know he got them back? For all I know this could have kept going for 100+ more? When i typed the comment I was on the verge of being done with the manga so I vented out my frustration especially since the titles of this discussion was "How long until he gets his memories back" Seeing the spoiler made me realize their was a point in continuing. So in this particular scenario it worked out! :P

Feb 28, 2016 4:47 AM

UndeadSoul said:
EasyGo-er said:

Well im not a guy that cares for spoilers.....Im not sure if this is an insult or not. I posted mainly for discussion nothing more. How was i supposed to know he got them back? For all I know this could have kept going for 100+ more? When i typed the comment I was on the verge of being done with the manga so I vented out my frustration especially since the titles of this discussion was "How long until he gets his memories back" Seeing the spoiler made me realize their was a point in continuing. So in this particular scenario it worked out! :P

It's just some sort advice? or something like that lol. This thread is really old too so your comment earlier seems really weird to me. Maybe you should've just ask instead of venting out your frustration. Oh well, at least everything worked out fine for you. :P

Mar 8, 2017 2:32 PM
I WANT WHITE KANEKI BACK THAT WOULD BE TOTALLY BADASS!!! I like that personality of his, but he isn't that cold he have some emotions, especially with Touka. I want him back, fuck this little bitch Haise, Kaneki must be back!!!

Mar 8, 2017 3:15 PM

NikolaLucic said:
I WANT WHITE KANEKI BACK THAT WOULD BE TOTALLY BADASS!!! I like that personality of his, but he isn't that cold he have some emotions, especially with Touka. I want him back, fuck this little bitch Haise, Kaneki must be back!!!

Yeah, but that's going to take a while. Even in chapter 115 he doesn't have his memories back.

Fucking bitch Haise! Bring Kaneki back already!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 9, 2017 2:56 AM
Kvothe51 said:
NikolaLucic said:

Yeah, but that's going to take a while. Even in chapter 115 he doesn't have his memories back.

Hahaha I can't wait man xD

Mar 11, 2017 11:35 AM

FuckMAl4132 said:
What are your predictions we are already at Ch. 18
I really hope its soon I want the "real" Kaneki back
Oh my god, can people just cut to fucking point, instead of going on some banter about who's better.

Chapter 76 is when he fully comes back.

Mar 15, 2017 1:31 PM
Really? He comes back?!!? For how long?

Jun 4, 2017 6:43 AM
Kvothe51 said:
NikolaLucic said:

so does haise meet up with touka?

Apr 10, 2018 6:36 PM
Kaneki Ken's memories come back in Chapter 55.

Apr 11, 2018 1:51 AM
Wait...does Haise at least care about his present and past relaships, in the current chapters?

Apr 15, 2018 11:22 PM
I haven't read the manga but seen the 1st ep of the anime. In the first ep its a proven fact that sasaki is an asshole. Because he says he doesn't want his memory to comeback. I hate this version of him. You don't just stop caring about friends and don't want to remember them. will he remember them in the anime run or wait fo a bloody season or two. i want see him remember touka at least. Manga is at 160 chapter. Does he remember touka?
Modified by anurodhahmed, Apr 15, 2018 11:25 PM

Apr 16, 2018 12:46 AM

anurodhahmed said:
I haven't read the manga but seen the 1st ep of the anime. In the first ep its a proven fact that sasaki is an asshole. Because he says he doesn't want his memory to comeback. I hate this version of him. You don't just stop caring about friends and don't want to remember them. will he remember them in the anime run or wait fo a bloody season or two. i want see him remember touka at least. Manga is at 160 chapter. Does he remember touka?

Yes he will. Do you honestly expect the anime to adapt less than 55 chapters? Also read ch 125. There is no dialouge.

Apr 17, 2018 8:15 PM
Haise is pussy i hop real kaneki will return soon and beat the shit out of CCG

Apr 18, 2018 2:07 AM
kaneki was a badass tho. haise is too soft me thinks. i would like to see the old kaneki back again.

Apr 18, 2018 2:45 AM
also Kaneki wasnt the heartless monster that people seem to think. all of his efforts were to save his friends. how that makes him heartless is lost to me.

Apr 24, 2018 9:40 AM
soon enough, his memory will return.
he will back to his old self. but i think he will chose to stay neutral (like 1st Owl). i guess

May 12, 2018 10:12 AM
CNTRI715 said:
At the beginning of :re I hated Sasaki and just wanted Kaneki back lol. Now I'm kinda conflicted because he seems so happy as Sasaki.

He's found a group of people he cares about in the Quinx, Akira, Arima, etc. but at the same time he's lost people that still care about him and he used to care about like Touka.

Like he brings up when he and Shirazu are talking in the club, I'm curious what he will think of the Quinx and CCG in general when he gets his memories back.

The insane amount of buildup to this auction arc makes me think the Sasaki/Kaneki transition is probably happening soon. Either way it will be pretty cool to see the old Kaneki again.
i want this kind of situation i agree with you
And when that happens
How will they call him kaneki or haise or both like when if he is with the ccg he will be called haise and if he is with touka and old friends he will be called kaneki ken. That kind of thing. Oh BTW I love touka and kaneki ken together. Just wanted to share
Modified by boyzmaker, May 12, 2018 10:20 AM

Sep 19, 2018 7:29 AM
Ok, so Haise regains his old memories after 50 chapter? I'm not sure if I want to read 50 fucking chapters just to see MC grow some balls, somehow this situation feels similar to when I was reading the second season of The Breaker.

Dec 24, 2019 5:06 AM
I know it's been really late to actually come and comment on this page when the series is long completed. I'm actually here just because I'm rereading the series and I forget which chapter Kaneki regains his memories.

Oh well, you should have already expected what side I'm on for this whole argument. Have to say, I'm kind of perplexed of why so many people like Haise and not wanting Kaneki to regains his memories. There are only two major sides I've seen on the page - non-Kaneki and pro-Kaneki, so this should be a piece of cake >:D

I've always thought that people liked character development so much, seeing how most bad the rating dull anime get, so it's quite a wonder to see that these people want the opposite.

They say it's because Haise is happier than Kaneki, but hey, probably it's because you're seeing it from your own view as a "reader", not as the character himself. I know you won't listen to me, and you will probably deny me, saying it's not a must to do so. Of course, readers are never thought about how to read, but it's always been writers who learn how to learn about their audience.

So, while I won't waste my time lecturing you about such a thing that, without further ado, I will go to my second argument.
To begin with, let me ask you something. When you read thousands or even millions of novels, have you ever considered "happy" as one's trait? Cuz let me tell you about something.

Happy is not a special trait which differentiates people. Even Happy from Fairy Tail does not go all dilly-dilly throughout the whole series.

Hold on, ladies and gentlemen. I'm not here to start a war or to search for a problem. Pardon me if I deliver these rudely, but I just have to imply how serious I am that I actually consider writing this long-ass comment on myanimelist when I can do something else for my free time.

So, back to what I said, happy is not one's character. It's an emotion that goes here and there, just like an unstable tide that keeps on sweeping the sandy surface of the beach. It's an unavoidable fact recognized by everyone that happiness will someday go away, and loneliness, sadness or whatever negative emotion, will come replacing it.

So, dude! Was Kaneki happy? Yes! Was he sad? YES
Is Haise happy? Sure. But, is Haise sad? YES!!!

No one living feels only one kind of emotion, and that's what life is called life. There's a mixture between negative and positive emotions, and when they are sometimes unbalanced, you're guaranteed to feel happy at least once in a life, even if it's when you're on your deathbed (of course, it's not like I'm encouraging you to die. Just stating how some people that are depressed think).

It's not like I've never been sad. I don't know if you'd defy me, but I've ever fallen into depression about twice to thrice, not like I'm impressed by that. Believe me, it was not a great experience. Every day, it feels like the world has lost its whole colors, and you keep on living while asking yourself, "Why am I still alive? What's the purpose of life? Isn't it better to die?" and hunger slowly stops knocking your stomach wall.

They are irritating indeed, and that perhaps is more or less what Kaneki thought in the first manga.

But instead of lying myself with the illusions that the world is instead all beautiful and great, I accepted it. Haise perhaps is happy because of the environment he's living it. Sure, great friends and all. But what about the others? Slowly but surely, that happiness will end one day.

The world you're trying to build is more likely to be destroyed, and it's more than possible when you're trying to maintain it - or so what I believe.

The world is quite small when your fate chains you down. One day, he'll meet Touka and others, and what will happen if they meet? If Haise, or Kaneki, doesn't regain his memories? Don't you pity them? Haise gets happy while others get sadder. Unless you're selfish for him, though.

When I start reading Tokyo Ghoul, I remember it was about 2-3 years since my ex-classmate first introduced this to me. I tried giving it a shot, and goddamn, since Youtube only has videos with play speed more than normal to avoid copyright (don't judge me), I always ended up wanting to watch it again and again, with a normal speed, at least, though it has never happened to me until this point. I also read the manga, and it was enjoyable. But then TG: Re?

I skipped through it a lot and I read it as if I'm skimming. There are countless panels where Haise took place, but only few of them are actually significant to the story. 179 chapter (plus one extra) feels like 50 chapters with speed 0.25x
It was boring and dull. Presumably the most tiring read, considering how fat those speech-bubbles are.

For me, Haise is more like "trying to build his own wonderful world" while Kaneki is, I gotta admit, a bit distorted yet accepts the world as a whole. He just needs Touka, Hinami and others. He's not alone. He fights for them, but there are also people who stand up for him.

I think that sums up the whole thing that flashed within my mind when I saw your comments.

Also, the world is kind of scarred, and it's not completely beautiful, but it's just how the way it is. Accept it, and the world will also accept you. Haise is just dull, and he refuses to accept things. I have to say - a kind of a coward, if you don't mind.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]