New
Feb 23, 2015 3:28 PM
Dec 2013
What are your predictions we are already at Ch. 18
I really hope its soon I want the "real" Kaneki back
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 23, 2015 3:49 PM
Sep 2010
I don't think we will ever see the "real" Kaneki, because there is just no such thing.

Also, I doubt we will also see the prequel Kaneki again, as that would mean completely abandoning Haise and all his experiences and growth since the Anteiku Raid.

And I suspect that even if Haise does regain his Kaneki memories and stops running from his past, he still wouldn't reach his imaginal stage. There has to some serious introspection for that.
Feb 23, 2015 3:57 PM

Jul 2014
Journey_95 said:
What are your predictions we are already at Ch. 18
I really hope its soon I want the "real" Kaneki back

I'ma say 29 chapters, because i like the number 29.

Putrescence said:
I don't think we will ever see the "real" Kaneki, because there is just no such thing.

Also, I doubt we will also see the prequel Kaneki again, as that would mean completely abandoning Haise and all his experiences and growth since the Anteiku Raid.

And I suspect that even if Haise does regain his Kaneki memories and stops running from his past, he still wouldn't reach his imaginal stage. There has to some serious introspection for that.

Of course he wont snap back to some old persona... 3 years have passed, things changed. That is if he regains his memories and stops developing new personalities every time he is in deep shit.
Feb 23, 2015 4:02 PM
Dec 2013
Putrescence said:

Of course he wouldn't immediately revert to his old self but I also don't think that he will just remain Haise maybe a mix?

his "growth" wasn't something natural we don't know how much the ccg manipulated him for their own reasons
Feb 23, 2015 4:02 PM

Jan 2012
Nah I don't want his memories to be back

Feb 23, 2015 4:07 PM

Aug 2013
AllenVonStein said:
Feb 23, 2015 4:14 PM

Dec 2013
I'll give it 10 to 15 more chapters until he regains his memories. I wonder what kind of memories he'll gain? I hope he doesn't get mind f*ucked when he regains his memories :(
Feb 23, 2015 4:22 PM
Sep 2010
Arcanix said:
That is if he regains his memories and stops developing new personalities every time he is in deep shit.

Inb4 Sasaki retreats permanently to his Sasako persona.

Journey_95 said:
his "growth" wasn't something natural we don't know how much the ccg manipulated him for their own reasons

Still, bad experience is still experience. No matter what happened to him, he can still turn it into something positive. Especially if the whole Fool's Journey theory is correct.

Zer01 said:
I hope he doesn't get mind f*ucked when he regains his memories :(

Where's the fun in that?
Feb 23, 2015 4:27 PM
Dec 2013
AllenVonStein said:

what? why?
that would be the worst thing.. for character progression his memories have to return

what would the story be otherwise? he just stays with the ccg and thats it?
Feb 23, 2015 7:25 PM

Apr 2014
There is no "real" Kaneki but if you mean his memories I'd say it'll return in 10-15 chapters with the Haise persona intact.
Feb 23, 2015 8:41 PM

Jul 2013
I want him to keep his Haise persona. Just let him regain his memories to achieve a stable state with better understanding of ghouls-humans relationships but with Haise as his main persona.

If we're going parallel with TG I'd say about 60 chapters in but maybe that's too long... It could be sooner than we think but definitely not later than 60 chapters imo.
EasyGo-erFeb 23, 2015 8:44 PM

Feb 24, 2015 7:43 AM

Oct 2013
FalzLuther said:
AllenVonStein said:

QFT.

Sasaki will ALWAYS remain as the main persona even if his Kaneki side is back. I don't want to see more of ghoulish Kaneki, I want to see both Haise (human) as the main persona with Kaneki as side persona.

Haise4President bitches, he's gonna reunite ghoul and humans.
Feb 24, 2015 8:04 AM
Apr 2014
Nuvi said:
FalzLuther said:

QFT.

Sasaki will ALWAYS remain as the main persona even if his Kaneki side is back. I don't want to see more of ghoulish Kaneki, I want to see both Haise (human) as the main persona with Kaneki as side persona.

It seems someone doesn't agree with you :)
Feb 24, 2015 8:09 AM

Oct 2013
AquaWateria said:
Nuvi said:

QFT.

It seems someone doesn't agree with you :)
Roma can't do shit.

95 % Normal Haise + 5% Crazyass Kaneki > Shironeki.

Come at me Shironeki fanatics.
Feb 24, 2015 8:31 AM

Aug 2010
Going back to the way he was wouldn't make much sense to me. Kaneki has always been a character who's been developing. Him getting back his memories though is a necessity and I don't see why anyone wouldn't want that.
Feb 24, 2015 8:35 AM

Oct 2013
Ragna92 said:
Going back to the way he was wouldn't make much sense to me. Kaneki has always been a character who's been developing. Him getting back his memories though is a necessity and I don't see why anyone wouldn't want that.
Yo that's why I said we still need 5% Crazyass Kaneki.

On a more serious note, it's not like I don't want Kaneki back, I just hope that Haise recovers his memories while still retaining his gentle Haise aura. I wouldn't want him to completely revert to his merciless eye-for-an-eye killer Kaneki-self. That would just kill off the reason why Haise exists in TG:Re, something I definitely don't want to see.
Feb 24, 2015 8:45 AM
Dec 2013
Ragna92 said:

because its important for character development?
I don't want him to go back to crazy Kaneki either but he NEEDS to regain his memories so the story and the character can move forward
Feb 24, 2015 8:46 AM
Sep 2010
[quote=Nuvi]
FalzLuther said:
...I want to see both Haise (human) as the main persona...

Haise is not human.
Feb 24, 2015 8:47 AM

Aug 2010
Journey_95 said:
Ragna92 said:

because its important for character development?
I don't want him to go back to crazy Kaneki either but he NEEDS to regain his memories so the story and the character can move forward

That's exactly what I said though xD
Feb 24, 2015 8:50 AM

Oct 2013
Putrescence said:
Nuvi said:
...I want to see both Haise (human) as the main persona...

Haise is not human.
He is not fully fledged ghoul either. He despises his ghoul self, that's why he comes more of as a human in the eyes of readers whereas Shironeki personified a ghoul. CCG also considers Haise as a human, hence my comment.
Feb 24, 2015 8:55 AM
Sep 2010
Haise is as much a ghoul as Kaneki was.

He doesn't despise his ghoul self, rather he fears it (together with his past).

The CCG considers Haise a ghoul, judging by this page -> http://imperialscans.com/read/tokyo-ghoul-re/7-people-in-the-dark/17.
Feb 24, 2015 9:02 AM

Oct 2013
Yes, you're absolutely right. I agree with that part said by you but my comment was oriented more towards the details stated in this page.

http://imperialscans.com/read/tokyo-ghoul-re/7-people-in-the-dark/19

What I meant to say is, they still consider him human as long as Haise 'behaves'. So for me, the way he acts is still human. His mentality in TG:Re is similar to that of a human as long as his Kaneki persona does not shows up.

And while we're at it,
Putrescence said:
Haise is as much a ghoul as Kaneki was.

then we're both wrong here as Haise is still half-human and half-ghoul.

I hope you get it what I'm trying to say here. Maybe my wording was indeed wrong earlier and for that I accept my mistake.
Feb 24, 2015 9:16 AM
Sep 2010
No worries. But I still don't agree with you.

The CCG treat Haise as a human, but they recognize the fact that he is a ghoul (i.e. they consider him a ghoul). There is a difference.

Haise/Kaneki is a ghoul-human hybrid. Which means that he is both human and ghoul (or neither, depending on the point of view). Eg, we haven't yet seen something a ghoul can do that Haise/Kaneki can't do.

The mentality of Kaneki was also "human", so it is not something exclusive to Haise.
Feb 24, 2015 11:11 AM

Aug 2014
I dont want the white haired Kaneki back.He was a mentally ill person.
Truth4LiesFeb 24, 2015 1:41 PM
Feb 24, 2015 1:11 PM

Feb 2014
i want him to regain his memories bit by bit. for example when he remembered nishiki, he went berserk. next one is touka or ... idk somebody else maybe. but i want to see his reactions to every single character that is important to him. for example he called touka 'cute' when he saw her first. then in :re, he saw touka and thought she was beautiful, again.

i want things like that. you got what i mean, right? first impression for every character lol
EustassKiddo !
Mar 4, 2015 5:58 AM

Jan 2015
I think he will regain them soon. But knowing Ishida some plot-twist will happen and it will change everything.
Mar 4, 2015 7:04 AM

Nov 2012
sasaki > kaneki anyway
kaneki is too emo
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Mar 4, 2015 10:35 AM

Jul 2012
Kaneki > haise since haise is a fakeass character... Hope we will see Kaneki soon!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2015 10:52 AM

Apr 2014
VongolaShadzzo said:
Kaneki > haise since haise is a fakeass character... Hope we will see Kaneki soon!

Lol Kaneki was a fakeass character too.
Mar 4, 2015 10:57 AM

Sep 2014
At the beginning of :re I hated Sasaki and just wanted Kaneki back lol. Now I'm kinda conflicted because he seems so happy as Sasaki.

He's found a group of people he cares about in the Quinx, Akira, Arima, etc. but at the same time he's lost people that still care about him and he used to care about like Touka.

Like he brings up when he and Shirazu are talking in the club, I'm curious what he will think of the Quinx and CCG in general when he gets his memories back.

The insane amount of buildup to this auction arc makes me think the Sasaki/Kaneki transition is probably happening soon. Either way it will be pretty cool to see the old Kaneki again.
Mar 4, 2015 11:20 AM

Aug 2010
ninjastarforcex said:
sasaki > kaneki anyway
kaneki is too emo

Emo how? I find these comments the most annoying.

Really looking forward to seeing how the story will go once he regains his memories. I'm sure he'll still cherish the people he's made relationships with as Sasaki. What I'm really looking forward to most is him remembering Hide.
Mar 4, 2015 2:46 PM

Dec 2014
TG is based on the fool's journey. It's at the tower at the moment. I don't know how many chapters the tower will be, but Kaneki is going to wake up at the end of the tower (16) and the beginning of star (17).

I still wonder if each volume equals 1 of the tarot cards that represent the journey. If it is, then re will be much shorter than TG. unless re will be each 2 volumes represents one of the remaining cards in the fool's journey. then Re is possible as long as TG and Kaneki would regain his memories in end vol 4 begin vol 5.

Happy happy happy!!!
Apr 1, 2015 11:59 PM
Apr 2015
CNTRI715 said:
At the beginning of :re I hated Sasaki and just wanted Kaneki back lol. Now I'm kinda conflicted because he seems so happy as Sasaki.

He's found a group of people he cares about in the Quinx, Akira, Arima, etc. but at the same time he's lost people that still care about him and he used to care about like Touka.

Like he brings up when he and Shirazu are talking in the club, I'm curious what he will think of the Quinx and CCG in general when he gets his memories back.

The insane amount of buildup to this auction arc makes me think the Sasaki/Kaneki transition is probably happening soon. Either way it will be pretty cool to see the old Kaneki again.

Is he happy?

PS: I maded an acount just for this x3
Apr 2, 2015 10:40 AM

Oct 2013
You people make it look like Kaneki was the happiest version out there. Just because he has conflicted thoughts over his previous lifestyle, memories, friends and family (alright no family ;_;) and that chin touch in chapter 8 does not means he is completely sad. He still has his quinx-kids who looks after aand respect him (except Urie at this moment).

Let Ishida focus on Sasaki till his memories return, and how he accepts them no less. Even if Kaneki returns, just remember the fact that your 'ideal' Kaneki would be different from before.
Apr 2, 2015 11:27 AM

Jun 2013
Sasaki is a great character and I hope that once he's regained his memories he'll stay more the way he is now than the way Kaneki was. Am I making sense?
(maybe he could hide the fact that he's regained memories at some point, it'd be interesting)
Apr 2, 2015 3:12 PM

Jul 2010
I don't want his memories to come back.
Could you imagine how chaotic he will be?!
Knowing what they did to him
If he regains his memories it has to be someone he admired,loved,trusted.
My chances are Amon,Touka,Yomo maybe still with Rize.
Thinking also Rize,could
Who ever awakens Ken Kaneki it will be havoc it that place.
Especially knowing how he couldn't control them in chapter 2-3
Apr 2, 2015 3:17 PM

Sep 2013
I want both his memories to merge into one.
But I want his crazy side back already :(
Apr 2, 2015 5:48 PM

Aug 2010
ichii_1 said:
I want both his memories to merge into one.
But I want his crazy side back already :(
Yeah I feel the same. I definitely don't want his personality as Sasaki to disappear but I miss the insane Kaneki and his awesome lines. "Do you know what kind of sound you hear when you put a live centipede in your ear?"
Apr 2, 2015 11:24 PM

Nov 2011
I prefer Sasaki over Kaneki, Kaneki is fvcked up, dude. Being black and white is better than just being white or black IMO. I think Sasaki is meant to be the balanced version of Kaneki.

Apr 3, 2015 3:43 AM
Jul 2018
I am willing to bet that sasaki is like a clone of some sort and the "previous kaneki" is being kept inside like those tanks for future ghoul experiments that the CCG will perform. as for the anime it can go in any direction so we will just have to wait while the story unravels, No pun intended.
Apr 3, 2015 4:04 AM
Dec 2011
Nuvi said:
You people make it look like Kaneki was the happiest version out there. Just because he has conflicted thoughts over his previous lifestyle, memories, friends and family (alright no family ;_;) and that chin touch in chapter 8 does not means he is completely sad. He still has his quinx-kids who looks after aand respect him (except Urie at this moment).

Let Ishida focus on Sasaki till his memories return, and how he accepts them no less. Even if Kaneki returns, just remember the fact that your 'ideal' Kaneki would be different from before.

^I agree.

People tend to forget the white haired Kaneki was suffering. Sasaki is way happier than he was as Kaneki especially Shironeki. The problem lies within Sasaki is he is ignorant and rejecting his old memories. It's like he's living in his dream with this CCG family and all, no matter what, the Kaneki is bound to come back, he is just resting/sleeping.

Anyways I don't mind any type of Kaneki as long as he's happy, and Sasaki is really doing great job at being happy and he has both Kuroneki and Shironeki traits so.. I'm leaning more to him. But with Ishida's latest bday comic, he kept tagging 'Oyasumi Haise' it's time to say goodbye to him ;_;
Apr 3, 2015 4:20 AM
Oct 2012
Wow, there are several people here who like Sasaki, that's good, as for me, I like to be known as Kaneki Ken, but he who does not have a true personality, since it copies the people closest to him and it got new psychological traits.

I'm looking forward to when he starts to imitate Arima and start using glasses.

as the question emo.

Shironeki was never emo, emo was ridiculous that the anime version gave him, we can see how the Kaneki that Ishida planned for the anime and the anime staff did were different by the draft.
Apr 3, 2015 4:37 AM

Aug 2010
TheEternalOne said:
I am willing to bet that sasaki is like a clone of some sort and the "previous kaneki" is being kept inside like those tanks for future ghoul experiments that the CCG will perform. as for the anime it can go in any direction so we will just have to wait while the story unravels, No pun intended.
Lol I thought people were done with this...
Apr 3, 2015 5:02 AM

Jul 2014
TheEternalOne said:

Yep, i agree.
Apr 3, 2015 10:54 AM

Feb 2014
im done with this happy/unhappy thing. if he is happy, so what????

he will f*ucking regain his memories and begin to suffer, again. go die optimist peeple !! lool

whatever. he will regain his memories. and he is not copying the people are closest to him. where did you come to a conclusion like this? dont underestimate kaneki pls. he can be fool but not a wannabe... pls pls pls just pls -.-
EustassKiddo !
Apr 5, 2015 4:46 AM

Dec 2013
Considering that it took around 70 chapters for the series to change its direction(original one) and around 70 more for it to end , if we take that into account Sasaki will probably get it back around 70 chapters, so plus minus 50 chapters remaining.. imo
Apr 5, 2015 6:27 AM
Jul 2018
Not so soon, remember it took a genius effort/plot to set it up so Kaneki and Amon(?) can swap their position. At the same time, view the world from different perspective. That's probably what :re is trying to portrait.

Kaneki returning too soon will spoil the whole frigging set up or do you wanna see the clowns toying with his life again that bad? lol
Apr 5, 2015 6:30 AM
Sep 2013
ma103 said:
Not so soon, remember it took a genius effort/plot to set it up so Kaneki and Amon(?) can swap their position. At the same time, view the world from different perspective. That's probably what :re is trying to portrait.

Kaneki returning too soon will spoil the whole frigging set up or do you wanna see the clowns toying with his life again that bad? lol

clowns toying with his life again would be much more interesting than playing house with his fake family:)
Apr 5, 2015 7:24 AM
May 2009
Plot twist, i think Kaneki will not return and his personality will disappear in the end but Haise will get Kaneki 's memory.
teanachanApr 5, 2015 9:44 AM
Apr 5, 2015 8:54 AM

Oct 2009
Surprised at the amount of people who don't want Kaneki back. Even more surprised at the amount of people who like Haise. Haise is way too dull. I don't like him. At least part 1 Kaneki (before the torture) was interesting. Haise is boring. The only reason I indulge his existence is because I'm hoping it GOES AWAY. I'm hoping for a merge of part 1 Kaneki and part 2 Kaneki. Obv Kaneki isn't going to be like, "See ya" to his squad, but after regaining his memories, there's no way he's gonna stay.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Kaneki is going to be a martyr and sacrifice himself for the greater good at the end of the manga, but I honestly wouldn't like that ending. My preferred ending is for Kaneki to finally go back to school and hopefully settle down with Touka.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.