Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 26, 2015 6:14 AM

Sep 2013
archerzee said:
MetalxSoldier said:

lmao you actually expect kuroko to lose?

Well he should, unless they either injure Kise, which I think will happen given the hints I've read on this thread by apparent manga readers, or if Kuroko or Kagami get some power-up. Basically they've turned this to a typical shounen series, the emperor's eye is exactly like Kakashi's sharigan from the Wave country arc in Naruto.

I have read the manga, but I'm speaking hypothetically, from the viewpoint of someone who hasn't.

The main difference between this Kaijou team and the one that lost to Seirin in season 1 is Kise being able to use Perfect Copy for 5 mins (and being able to jump higher). Conversely, think about how far Seirin has improved both as a team and as individuals since then. Their physical abilities have all improved. Hyuga has Barrier Jumper. Kuroko has ignite pass kai, vanishing drive, misdirection overflow, and phantom shot. They have a new Uncrowned General center Kiyoshi who contributes defensively and offensively in the post (they were weak in the post before he joined). His vice claw allows him to grab rebounds even against the titans of Yosen. His passing sense and Right of Postponement ability contribute to the speed and unpredictability of their attacks. Kagami has gone from being completely outmatched by Aomine to being able to compete evenly with him. He has since discovered the zone and the Meteor Jam is a rather unstoppable dunk.

The match lasts 40 mins. Kise can dominate in those 5 mins, but what about the remaining 35? How are Kaijou going to stop the Phantom Shot in the remaining 35 mins? If Kagami goes in the zone, who can match him? Who can stop the Meteor Jam? Kise might go into the zone too, but every bit of time spent in the zone will mean less time spent in PC -- his stamina is limited after all. Why wouldn't Seirin beat Kaijou even if Kise plays every minute of the match?
Feb 27, 2015 5:37 PM

Jan 2009
fucking Kise even perfectly copied the ankle breaker of Akashi
Feb 27, 2015 8:20 PM
Apr 2014
Torrible said:
archerzee said:

Well he should, unless they either injure Kise, which I think will happen given the hints I've read on this thread by apparent manga readers, or if Kuroko or Kagami get some power-up. Basically they've turned this to a typical shounen series, the emperor's eye is exactly like Kakashi's sharigan from the Wave country arc in Naruto.

I have read the manga, but I'm speaking hypothetically, from the viewpoint of someone who hasn't.

The main difference between this Kaijou team and the one that lost to Seirin in season 1 is Kise being able to use Perfect Copy for 5 mins (and being able to jump higher). Conversely, think about how far Seirin has improved both as a team and as individuals since then. Their physical abilities have all improved. Hyuga has Barrier Jumper. Kuroko has ignite pass kai, vanishing drive, misdirection overflow, and phantom shot. They have a new Uncrowned General center Kiyoshi who contributes defensively and offensively in the post (they were weak in the post before he joined). His vice claw allows him to grab rebounds even against the titans of Yosen. His passing sense and Right of Postponement ability contribute to the speed and unpredictability of their attacks. Kagami has gone from being completely outmatched by Aomine to being able to compete evenly with him. He has since discovered the zone and the Meteor Jam is a rather unstoppable dunk.

The match lasts 40 mins. Kise can dominate in those 5 mins, but what about the remaining 35? How are Kaijou going to stop the Phantom Shot in the remaining 35 mins? If Kagami goes in the zone, who can match him? Who can stop the Meteor Jam? Kise might go into the zone too, but every bit of time spent in the zone will mean less time spent in PC -- his stamina is limited after all. Why wouldn't Seirin beat Kaijou even if Kise plays every minute of the match?

1. Kise didn't play part of that first game
2. Kaijo didn't expect Kuroko and/or Kagami, so they weren't prepepared to counter them
3. You bet the rest of Kaijo's players did improve from back then
4. Seirin barely won that previous match by one point
5. No matter how many new moves Seirin has, because it means that Kise has them as well, except for maybe Kuroko's different misdirection stuff

So...
Feb 27, 2015 8:30 PM

Jul 2014
1. Seirin now has Kiyoshi
2. Seirin has improved all-around
3. Kise is coming off an injury from just copying Aomine and now trying to copy the moves of 3 other players that are much more skilled than him
4. Kagami has experience in the zone.

No matter how much I love how 'the zone' is represented it sounds so stupid to actually call it a thing, if that makes sense.
ibearFeb 27, 2015 10:19 PM
Feb 27, 2015 9:43 PM

Jul 2010
Well a good match between friends I guess, without not much hatred, it's been so long since there was something like this in KnB lol.
Feb 27, 2015 10:19 PM

Jul 2012
goodbye ovaries

so much kise screentime killed me
Feb 28, 2015 11:00 PM

Sep 2013
gghelis said:

1. Kise didn't play part of that first game
2. Kaijo didn't expect Kuroko and/or Kagami, so they weren't prepepared to counter them
3. You bet the rest of Kaijo's players did improve from back then
4. Seirin barely won that previous match by one point
5. No matter how many new moves Seirin has, because it means that Kise has them as well, except for maybe Kuroko's different misdirection stuff

So...

1. Seirin scored one basket in his absence.
3. They don't seem to offer anything new since the Touou match. The guy who's good at rebounding is still only good at that. Same goes for the center and the guy who has a weird shot.
Mar 1, 2015 11:08 AM

Sep 2011
myjackie said:
Anyone mind telling me why they found the next game disappointing? I have not read the manga, but I see a few people disappointed in the last two games. You can send me a message with spoilers, I do not mind.

i read the whole manga and believe me this match is gonna be awesome. maybe much more cooler trhan any other matches that you have ever watched so far. dont believe what haters say ;)
Mar 2, 2015 8:06 PM

Aug 2013
Hahahaha who didn't see that coming ?
Mar 8, 2015 12:50 PM

Nov 2010
Kise is even more OP than Akashi, but I get the feeling he'll be out of steam soon probably after the second quarter
Mar 21, 2015 8:03 AM

Nov 2008
I really don't like Kise, copycat bullshit and all. He's such a stooge, bro...
Apr 3, 2015 7:40 AM

May 2010
Man Akashi is super-annoying. These crazy types are always popular for some reason.

Didn't expect Kuroko to hate Kise, he is his rival. That's awesome!

Kise is way too OP, it makes me laugh. AND KUROKO SAID THE EXACT SAME THING AT THE END. Wow I thought the same thing as him.
Apr 3, 2015 8:14 AM

May 2010
"Please wait a minute. Let him calm down." LMAO.

Furihata was awesome there.

"with a flash of anger, a nice cut!" LOL, Izuki is awesome too.

Kagami's intense face makes his eyebrows look just as intense.

Aomine is surprisingly romanticist.

This match is far better than the previous one. I am enjoying it a lot.
Apr 16, 2015 8:25 AM

Jan 2014
OUu yeaah, Kisse was so op ^-^
Even the Emperor's Eye, wow!<3
May 27, 2015 4:38 PM

Dec 2012
Finally get to see Seirin in action after so long. I figured Kise would be a beast ever since he matched Aomine in season 1, but I didn't think he'd be able to copy Akashi as well. The way he copies and combines the different GoM abilities is ridiculous, it's almost like they're having a match with a one man Teiko.
May 30, 2015 6:34 PM

May 2013
Dat simple greeting. Also, what a great reply.
It's Kaijo vs Seirin!

Damn, I like Vanishing Drive's new animation. Phantom Shot also used by Kuroko already.
Perfect Copy Kise already? Midorima and Aomine for offense, while Murasakibara and Akashi for defense.
Kise with Emperor Eye and all other skills is freakin' OP. Glad there's a time limit.
But how will Kuroko and Kagami fight against this without the Zone?
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
May 31, 2015 6:06 AM

Oct 2013
ibear said:
No matter how much I love how 'the zone' is represented it sounds so stupid to actually call it a thing, if that makes sense.

Ehh... the zone exists though. I've experienced it several times. Not necessarily for sports always though. Google it?
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Jun 20, 2015 2:41 AM

Mar 2014
I really want Kaijo to win. I guess Seirin will win by Kagami entering the zone and Kise running out of energy :/
Jun 24, 2015 6:09 PM

Jul 2012
This game is starting up fast. I wonder how long Serin will take this beating =P

That Vanishing Drive!
Jul 22, 2015 4:26 PM

Mar 2014
Kise is just :o
Jul 23, 2015 7:38 PM
Jul 2018
Awesome episode.
Dem feels when Takao and Midorima started to cry.. that was so SADDDD
So, 2 more games to go, and Seirin vs Kise's team has started already.
Kise is super op. I hope he reaches his limit soon, otherwise Seirin will have a bad time. And he is injuried right? That should start to come up soon...
Oh, and this moment was epic:

By far, the best moment of the episode
Sep 21, 2015 4:31 PM

Dec 2008
Why does Kise continue to get praise for simply being a copy cat? I thought being a copy cat was a bad thing.
Dec 15, 2015 5:54 AM

Jul 2013
THIS is how a basketball match should be. No one spouting bullshit like "My order is absolute" (though I admit that was badass as fuck). Both teams are playing with all their heart, the fight was intense and the most important thing of all is that they're friendly with each other and they're having fun. After all this is just a game. But will all that said Seirin will beat Kaijo.
Jan 3, 2016 4:24 AM
Nov 2013
-Vienna said:
As someone said earlier, the talking got a bit too cheesy and Kise kinda got abit annoying because he's able to copy Akashi's Emperor eye. I thought that would be just an Akashi thing. Average episode but Kise became annoying, atleast for me

Someone was able to use the same ability you favorite character can use, so you decide to call him annoying. Sure~
Feb 7, 2016 8:15 AM
Jan 2015
Shutoku vs Rakuzan was good of course, but what bugged me about the episode was how underwhelming the Seirin vs Kaijo game is thus far. There is almost no attempt at tension other than "this will be a fun game" since we all know who will win. The animation looks lazier than usual, and I could see a bit of reused bits here and there. It feels like nothing too exciting is going on, and not a lot of effort was put into writing this. However, it did have some interesting parts thrown into there, such as Hyuga using the Barrier Jumper to pass and Kise going beyond just copying people with his Perfect Copy by combining two abilities together to do stuff that the GoM individually couldn't do (like blocking the Phantom Shot). The strategies are pretty questionable, since Kise using the Perfect Copy immediately means he's going to be exhausted for the rest of the game. I'm giving this episode a 2/5.
Feb 9, 2016 1:38 PM

Jul 2013
Awww, Midorima and Takao cried! they cried manly tears of manliness lol!

Kise can copy Akashi too and combine the generations movies! doesn't that really make him by far the most powerful? I would think so.
Jun 19, 2017 12:46 PM

Dec 2015
Kise so far is dominating, I wonder how long that'll last though.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 4, 2017 3:30 PM

May 2013
Well damn. That's like playing against the whole Generation of Miracles team D:

I hope Kise can't copy Kuroko or Kagami's moves. That would suck balls.

As much as I love my handsome Kise, I want him to lose when it's against Seirin hahaha xP
Aug 30, 2020 12:15 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
It's still the start of the game and Kise is already singlehandedly carrying the match. I can't believe it's all a call back to that one training match at the beginning of season 1.
Oct 11, 2020 4:04 PM

Dec 2007
something that were missing for me in the last match returned in this one, probably the present of kuroko and kagami.

i actually thought kise couldn't copied akashi's eye, but now that he can (though probably not entirely) he's really kinda invincible.

and riko expecting only kagami zone to beat is actually pretty quick, it's like she's giving up from the start, i actually believe they would be able to beat kise pretty easily, and i have kind of idea how.
Apr 4, 2021 3:45 AM

Dec 2010
Well, due of the stipulations of the story Seirin are fated to win the game, but I'm happy that at least Kaijo will look as good as they can regardless. I

Kise too OP. I think Kise should be able to beat Aomine now? Didn't expect he even copy Akashi.
It's possible, considering that Aomine hasn't practiced for a long time now. As for this game, my take is that Kagami and Kuroko's teamwork will advance to a next level, instead of Kagami beating him in a simple 1-on-1 (that would be simply lame).

Shadzzo said:
Kise > all

Would destroy any opponent if they werent covered by "plot armor".
Yep.
May 18, 2021 8:40 AM

Nov 2016
That loss hurt. Emotional ending to Shutoku. Midorima has grown so much.

Same goes for Kise, the boy is going wild right off the bat.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 30, 2021 10:11 AM

Jun 2020
O m g when Takao’s voice broke & he said he was sorry, he couldn’t cheer Midorima up......their tears!!!!!! (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`) I love Takao, Suzuki Tatsuhisa is amazing♡ 不僥不屈 Shūtoku!!!!!!

Kise is so FUCKING hot.................................

Flashback!Aomine is everything. His smile is so precious!!!!

I actually got the chills when Seirin caught the jump ball. The hype was unreal, after Seirin was out of the spotlight for what felt like forever.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 14, 2022 11:59 AM

May 2020
Forcing yourself to keep your head high after a heartbreaking loss not the greatest of feelings. Sad for Shutoku but that's a given in the game.

Seirin's semifinal underway, and they already clueless in front of Kise. Invincible perfect copy shooting canons from the get go.
Feb 24, 8:06 AM

Jun 2023
Shin-chan and Takao, there, there, there, there. Well-played!

Kise please don't act being cute, nah don't act being serious, no, just don't do anything, not safe for me.

The vibes from this match, K V S, Man. Seirin cannot fulfilled their promise at Inter-high~ And they promised this semi-final, so it's time!~~~
MatchappieFeb 24, 11:19 PM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2015

155 by Kenel »»
Apr 22, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 30, 2015

284 by Matchappie »»
Feb 26, 3:24 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

226 by Matchappie »»
Feb 26, 3:11 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

91 by Matchappie »»
Feb 25, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

136 by Matchappie »»
Feb 25, 4:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.