Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2015 3:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, this episode felt pretty slow but we see a more emotional side of Shun.

They wrapped up the episode with a performance on the stage. Fitting I guess.
Feb 21, 2015 12:12 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The President may seem stern, but I think his "gamble" to change the center worked as a splendid development for Shounen Hollywood, especially Amaki. Sure enough, being stripped off from the center is indeed embarrassing and painful but in exchange, Amaki will now yearn for a certain position which will also keep him from being complacent, thus obtaining himself "shining radiance."
The other members are definite to take not from this. What a way to bring up a "win-win" situation for everybody. Good going, President!

While I still wanted Amaki to keep being in the center, I'm kind of happy for him that he'll continue to grow as an idol.

Decent episode. Next one will be focused on our new center Kakeru. He better suit up and be just as strong of a center as Amaki.

Feb 21, 2015 6:58 PM
Jul 2018
This episode is pretty meh.

Being in the center is sure embarrassing.
Feb 21, 2015 10:34 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Makki episode :) This was kind of painful to watch, mainly when shachou was trying to get Makki to say out loud and face and his own true feelings about losing his position as the center (and leader?). I can connect with Makki easily in this episode, I talk a lot with my friends, but when things get serious, I don't say everything that I might really want to say, and I don't actually think about it. Though I guess, most people in general don't like to get too serious either, no one likes to cry in front of others, no matter who. I was getting frustrated at shachou for kind of "baiting" (not exactly the right word) Makki, but in the end, shachou knows what he's doing. Without this lesson, Makki wouldn't have learned that he did enjoy his position and that he was taking it for granted. This was a good take on that theme. It felt like it was woven into the episode very well. Also, Makki learned to face his feelings, and after he did, he was able to "hand" over his position to Kakeru more easily and without being forced.

Who didn't expect Kakeru, the only person who didn't care and didn't like the competition for the change, to become the new center? :P Sooo shachou, what is the special thing Kakeru has? He is our MC after all so I don't doubt he has something special, but I want to know what shachou specifically, is referring to.

That Makki ending was so cute. I also liked that insert song, Lonely Passion. It's a very typical jpop boyband song haha.
Feb 22, 2015 12:40 AM

Jul 2011
I think the President wants Kakeru to get into the role of center so that he becomes more motivated. Like Amaki's development. Everyone else is eager and wanting to be come center, so it wouldn't work as well.

It was tough to see Makki admitting his feelings. Especially in front of everyone. He was even crying a bit. >__<
Feb 22, 2015 1:36 PM

Sep 2008
Ending animation was so cute! :]

Episode was meh~~

Ending card - pretty cool *.*
Feb 23, 2015 1:07 AM
Aug 2014
SMH hate for Makki losing his position to Borekeru...

#justiceformakki
Feb 23, 2015 4:50 AM

May 2010
This episode had better animation imo.

Really nice episode. I liked it a lot. Solid development on Makki's part. Let's see how Kakeru handles the center position because honestly, I don't see him center material. Well, everything's good as long as he develops.
Feb 24, 2015 6:00 AM
Jun 2012
I can understand the concern over complacency but pitting them against each other can be really bad for morale and friendliness inside the group.
Feb 25, 2015 7:08 AM

Oct 2011
Makki realizing what he lost and how he truly loves the Center position.

Makki ED <3
Feb 28, 2015 12:54 PM
Aug 2014
TragicRomance said:
Let's see how Kakeru handles the center position because honestly, I don't see him center material. Well, everything's good as long as he develops.
It's clear since day one that God holds favoritism on Borekeru, it's bound to happen that it will be given to him even if he does not have what it takes.
Apr 23, 2016 7:26 AM

Jun 2015
lilypippili said:
Nooooooo I liked makki in the center! At least it wasn't Kira who got it that little piece of shit....

Still though makki should be happy because he got "his own radiance"? Wtf kind of bs is that? I know how it feels to lose something you worked hard for, and I don't think any kind of "radiance" makes it better

Yeah, I also think that 'radiance' thing is a bs. I was like "Makki! Don't buy Shachou's words!"
Aww I hope Makki will get his position back. But it doesn't look like he will.
I hate romance story coz I don't have romance in my life. Yea..I'm such a salty b*tch.
Sep 7, 2020 11:16 AM
Jun 2020
The idea to change the centre really isn't even remotely close to being an effective "strategy" to improve anything. There are many ways to improve/motivate the group and/or centre person, doing it this way is just plain extra. Felt like they just changed it because Kakeru is the "default" main character of the show. But how is changing a lovable, fun, and expressive guy for a boring and "empty" guy even works? Don't you switch things up for a better advantage, instead of just to patch up any flaws? Is seriously a gamble in its very true sense.

Makki's character has more depth than any other characters in the whole show anyway~
Kakeru is just there to provide a calm and bird's eye view narration to the whole show....
Jul 11, 2023 12:25 AM

Feb 2020
Makki episode this time.

Boring again. This season has been definitely weaker than the first one.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 50 Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

29 by Serafos »»
Jul 29, 2023 10:26 PM

Poll: » Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 50 Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

18 by Serafos »»
Jul 29, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 50 Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

17 by Serafos »»
Jul 17, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 50 Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

14 by Serafos »»
Jul 15, 2023 5:02 AM

Poll: » Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 50 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

17 by Serafos »»
Jul 13, 2023 4:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.