Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 3, 2015 2:23 AM
Oct 2009
Wow, so much negativity on this forum! I've already been waiting for this for ages and am still super excited for when the first part comes out :)

I for one LOVE the teasers they've given us, and yes this includes the artwork! So far the first and second posters have been giving me major 'The Girl Who Leapt Through Time' and Studio Ghilbli vibes, respectively - both of which are things I love, so yeah, I haven't felt any disappointment yet!

Of course people are 100% entitled to their opinions, but it makes me sad to see so many people hating on Tri before its even been released yet!
Aug 21, 2016 8:28 PM

Apr 2011
fable said:
The original designs were more individualistic. I do like the character designer working on this, but... I don't think it suits a show where we have a preset image of the characters too well. The previous designs had a lot of variation, especially in eye design, whereas this show the characters end up looking fairly the same. I'd say when designing original characters you might have more leeway to make individuality that fits your style, I'd say the designs in Tsuritama were good and the character designed is good. I just don't think this works for the show. The bigger more expressive eyes suited the Digimon cast... and it lead to easier emotional expressiveness coming through in scenes.

I'll watch it regardless of course, but I do wish it had kept with the style.
That's how I feel. I absolutely loved the character designs by Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru too because they were, as you said, individualistic. Loved the eye variations very much, that made it easier the cast to convey their emotions.
MoonBunny9297May 22, 2017 6:30 PM

Code Lyoko, we'll reset it all
Code Lyoko, be there when you call
Code Lyoko, we will stand real tall
Code Lyoko, stronger after all
May 21, 2017 12:44 PM

Mar 2014
The old movies also had different designs. At least this one looks like it's actually watchable. Problem is that they look bland. Except maybe Mimi. She looks gorgeous.
Jan 2, 2018 2:29 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
To me is better the designs, although the battles were weak!!!
Jan 21, 2018 10:57 PM

Oct 2017
Its garbage, characters look generic af now.
Feb 18, 2023 6:52 PM

Apr 2011
ssjup81 said:
muhuchiki said:

The Savers season contradicted everything Digimon stands for. Barely anyone liked Savers. Just saying, on every "What is your favorite Digimon season" poll on the internet people either go for Adventure or Tamers, while Savers and Xros Wars barely get any votes. So yeah, you belong to the minority of people who think that Savers was any good, so go back to your Shit Taste city and stop embarrassing yourself by praising bad art as good.
I liked Savers okay for the story. Didn't care for Masaru, though. If I were to rank the series, though out of the ones I've seen, it would be...

Digimon Tamers: I liked the plot, the shy, timid, yet strong, Takato, and the fact that out of the other series, it felt the most balanced. For example, Takato, Ruki, and Jenrya were the show's main stars and it seemed to remain that way throughout it. It didn't feel like the Takato and Jen show.

Digimon Adventure/Adventure 02: 02 is a direct sequel, so I consider it as one big story and treat it as such. The main thing I did find enjoyable about the two series were the characters themselves. They were all pretty interesting to me...minus Hikari, unfortunately, since she came across as perfect at times (even though we know she's not), but I still liked her just don't favor her.

Digimon Savers: I liked the change and the fact that they were using older protagonists. I also liked Ikuto's character. I did find Masaru ovebearing, though.

Digimon Frontier: This series was okay in the beginning, imo, but felt it started to suffer when it became the Takuya & Kouji show, starring four other kids who just hopped on for the ride. I did like the complexities Izumi and Junpei had, which still has me wondering if Mimi's character for Tri is going to go through it (if she's recently moved back to Japan). Another problem, for me, was that they didn't focus on Kouichi as much as they should have, imo.

Didn't see the other series.

One thing interesting about each of the ones above, though that I find interesting, is how there's always some international or foreign association or something non-Japanese about at least one of the characters.

Adventure/Adventure 02: Yamato and Takeru are part French. Mimi now has experience living abroad.

Tamers: Jenrya and his family are half Chinese/half Japanese.

Frontier: Even though all of the characters were clearly Japanese, Izumi had experience living abroad because of her father's work (like Mimi's situation) and it showed how kids of this nature sometimes face prejudice from their peers. An actual social issue in Japan. Of course not all go through this, but some "returnees" do and it's not just limited to kids. Those who may study abroad may get the same treatment.

Savers: Tohma is part German, iirc. Been a while.

So yeah...I just always found that interesting. ^^;

I watched all of Adventure 02, so I agree that it's a part of one big story. About Hikari, I like her. I like her very, very despite coming off as perfect, and she isn't perfect.

Code Lyoko, we'll reset it all
Code Lyoko, be there when you call
Code Lyoko, we will stand real tall
Code Lyoko, stronger after all
Aug 28, 2023 12:48 AM

Nov 2012
personally I think the designs are fine, don't think that's one of the issues with Tri
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Why does everyone hate the 02 characters?

12ylie - May 12, 2015

22 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 27, 2023 11:42 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure tri. Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2015

343 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 27, 2023 11:30 PM

» Can I watch this without watching any of the previous Digimons ?

reyqq - Sep 15, 2021

9 by Ducksama14 »»
Apr 2, 2022 9:30 PM

» Plot holes in 02?

cro3 - Mar 16, 2015

29 by Ducksama14 »»
Apr 2, 2022 9:25 PM

Poll: » sora ( 1 2 )

ninjastarforcex - Dec 15, 2014

81 by StormxNightmare »»
Dec 3, 2020 8:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.