Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 10, 2015 6:44 AM
Jul 2018
Such an intense episode!
We get to know so much about, like, everyone XD
Ginti is pissed 'cause he can't judge Mayu, just like Decim aahahahah
Who is that flower guy anyway? And what is his role in all this?...
Anyway, next episode seems interesting as well *.*
May 26, 2015 5:05 AM

Jan 2013
HybridMBL said:
They emphasize in this episode the 3 rules of the Arbiters including how they're not supposed to have emotions but how do you explain Ginti? Does the rule mean lack of empathy? Also I'm interested to see how the "emotions" Nona implanted in Decim affect his job stability by the end of the series.

What I was thinking aswell, I guess they have a different view on "emotions" .

Great episode, a bit of a backstory on when Decim was sent to replace Quin.
This show just really knows how to keep you interested :)
Jun 6, 2015 8:26 AM
Aug 2011
I'm disliking this more and more every episode. There is too much unnecessary comedy, and what is left of it, the stuff that is meant to be serious is bullcrap.

They say arbiters don't have emotions, they get angry, happy and all other stuff. Make your claims properly. What, empathical emotions or liking is not allowed but anger is? How come everyone is so sure anger will always be irrelevant in judgement and will never cause bias?

They say they judge by creating extreme circumstances, then in (IIRC) second episode everything happens peacefully. What is fair about this? What about the other people you fucked up with during judgement and caused them to even act to deceive you at some point Wtf?

How is it fair if some random girl is encouraged to drop herself because she doesn't wanna dirty her panties in front of some boyband guy? Nice fucking judgement procedure.

What a bullshit. I hate this kind of half-ass stuff.
AdramelechJun 6, 2015 8:31 AM
Jun 15, 2015 1:18 PM

Jun 2010
xSanox said:
this was great.

decim not letting his guests be forgotton

Even tho they will be.
bit boring episode. I wonder why Mayu is still with Ginti.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2015 12:55 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
nice ep with a lot of background story

Jun 21, 2015 5:32 PM

Sep 2011
I remember saying in the OVA that they were "just" puppets. I guess they aren't "just" puppets after all.
Aug 11, 2015 3:34 PM
Sep 2009
So all of them are puppets? So who created them then?

And they all seem pretty emotional to me. Especially Ginti, anger plays big role in judging and he is always angry. Should've been fired ages ago.
Sep 17, 2015 9:46 AM

Jul 2014
If Arbiters are supposed to be emotionless puppets, then who created them. I have a theory that they're created from the "remains" of those who passed on.
Oct 12, 2015 9:09 PM
Nov 2013
Finally an episode that isn't completely terrible. I was so close in dropping this anime. Ginti has such a terrible personality though.

Also I don't like the idea of arbiters not being able to die for the reasoning that it closely resembles human beings. Death applies to all living things and not specifically important to just human beings.

I also question the fact of creating extreme conditions to draw out "darkness". The idea of darkness is just a human invention. If a living thing looks after its own life before another life is that really darkness?
Nov 9, 2015 8:45 AM

Jan 2012
So they are puppets eww.

Dec 13, 2015 6:14 AM

Jan 2011
arbiters have rules too
so ginti dont send mayu
damn great episode
Dec 23, 2015 2:58 AM

Dec 2015
Nice background information.

Nona better keep things together!
Dec 25, 2015 9:24 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Nice to get more character development for Decim.

4/5
Jan 1, 2016 7:36 PM

May 2015
Curious why Ginti is having such a hard time. Also Decim <3
Jan 2, 2016 3:00 PM

Jul 2012
I thought I had something playing in the background during that OST when the billiards game was going on haha.

I'm really interested in these next two guests that were supposed to go to a special arbiter. And Nona doesn't have much time to begin with? That doesn't sound good at all :(
Jan 24, 2016 1:13 AM

Jul 2013
kitten320 said:
So all of them are puppets? So who created them then?

And they all seem pretty emotional to me. Especially Ginti, anger plays big role in judging and he is always angry. Should've been fired ages ago.

Well there's always the possibility that it was like that before but because the real overseer left the arbiter's have been left running rampart and have been developing emotions because of it. Maybe they are just pretending like they don't have emotion's even though they clearly do.

But anyways. This wasn't really bad episode if that's the case but i for one don't like that this show has to have bigger plot going on. I already feel like that this show didn't live up to it's potential because they feared (probably) of making the show episodic because the whiners.

It's saddens me that there seems to be so many thickheaded people who always have to have thread going on. I much prefer several good short stories over one mediocre novel.
Mar 10, 2016 7:29 PM
Jul 2014
'...having doubts about judging...'
'Implanting human emotions inside an arbiter...'
'Arbiters cannot feel emotions for they are dummies.'
'Make sure old flower-head doesn't find out.'
Nona and quin were talking about Decim, right? Well, I don't quite get it. First-I thought arbiters sometnig like less then gods but more than humans(except for Onna). So, I don't get it, why do they have doubts and if so-they should just quit everything immediately-they are not deciding about the color of wallpapers for god's sake!!!
Putting human emotions in them?!?! It's the emotions that are in the way and should eliminate them!!! Not feeling emotions should be the right way to go as arbiter!
'Make sure he doesn't find out!' What are they, bunch of immature drunks?!?! Keeping secrets - come on!!!!
How come humans can stay there (there are two girls already)?!?!? It's meddling with their karma, isn't it???
Apr 4, 2016 5:57 AM

Feb 2015
I feel like Nona has made a mistake or got involved in something she shouldn't have, but I don't know what.
May 22, 2016 5:54 AM

Jul 2014
Mayu is still around... I was wondering if it could happen since she's in the OP but didn't expect it to considering there doesn't seem to be anything special about her (besides her weirdness lol). I'm glad she's still around though, she's such a laugh and her personality/attitude is so refreshing in that setting xD I just wish they'd explain the circumstances of her not being sent away a bit more... and what about Harada!!
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Jul 14, 2016 9:09 AM

May 2013
Yeah, I don't get why Mayu stays :/ I wonder if her other memories don't match up...?

But I like how Ginti asks everyone BUT Decim for advice bc of how prideful he was acting all this time when Decim is the one with most experience on how it feels to not be able to judge someone lolol xD

Rana14 said:

Can it be the girl with black hair is a dummy with feelings ???

Ooouuu, that's interesting! I didn't think this at all, so it never crossed my mind. I've always assumed Onna is a dead human who instigates Decim's odd self to understand human emotions. After all, he doesn't think like the other dummies do-- he quite takes fascination in them and cares enough to preserve their individual existence ^-^
Jul 16, 2016 10:57 PM

Mar 2016
Lot of backstory in this one. Neat to see just how complex this process is. Like a lot of people, not sure how they can say arbiters don't have emotions when they clearly do. Odd that it appears to be the most emotionless one that has them.

Bit confused why Mayu got to stay on with Ginti. Not sure if he was saying he couldn't judge her to the other arbiters or if he was checking to see how common Decim's situation was. I don't get how Mayu would be unjudgeable; Onna clearly had a problem since she remembered dying. I seriously wouldn't put it past him to keep someone just because Decim did, though.

I would like to know what is up with their "magic" (Decim's webs and Ginti's water)
Nov 19, 2016 1:00 PM

Jun 2016
Story moves forward a bit.
Nov 21, 2016 11:36 AM

Sep 2016
I dunno why is ginki still keeping that girl >.> just throw her in void already!
Nov 25, 2016 12:54 PM

Jun 2013
"Arbiters cannot feel emotions for they are merely puppets." I think that may not be a restriction, but a rule. That is, they could theoretically experience emotions, they just aren't allowed to. It is odd, that these beings that can't really empathize with humans, are tasked with judging humans. Well, they can often be seen smiling and being angry, but those might not be "truly human" emotions, to Oculus.

So Decim is Nona's experiment, and she's keeping it a secret. I wonder how that will pan out. Also, why is Mayu still in the tower?

Decim's "hobby" appears to be a lot less creepy now, it's more sweet, kind of.

The judgment system is not fair? Decim even says "life isn't fair" multiple times. And have you seen the guy, Oculus, who runs the place? I don't know how you can expect fairness from a system enforced by him. And Decim was even scolded by Nona once for making a mistake. So no, it's not fair, but no one is pretending it is.
LeeTailorNov 25, 2016 1:36 PM
Dec 14, 2016 3:36 PM

Feb 2013
That girl is still there with Ginti, she's funny.
Jan 9, 2017 8:21 AM

May 2009
Adramelech said:

How is it fair if some random girl is encouraged to drop herself because she doesn't wanna dirty her panties in front of some boyband guy? Nice fucking judgement procedure.

She wasn't encouraged to it, which is why she couldn't be judged.
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Jan 12, 2017 9:25 AM

Apr 2016
we got some character development that was a great episode
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
May 20, 2017 6:38 PM

Mar 2012
Curious as to what the the old man is since he seems to be different from the arbiters. Also interesting that they can get stuff from the "real world" since it means they have a way to make some sort of direct contact. Always figured people who died were just sent to them and not that they could actually get things from the human world as well.
Jun 13, 2017 2:32 PM
Jan 2012
Interesting background on Decim. So he is a puppet after all, but somehow with human emotions. I wonder what that was about in the epilogue of the episode? Nona saying there isn't much time. For what, I wonder.

It seems the human girl from the last episode is still around, but what about the boy? Ginti is struggling to judge her, so I assume he can't judge him either, since judging one makes the judgement of the other obvious. Or maybe... That reminds me, the black-haired girl must have had a partner for playing the game. I wonder what happened to them? Maybe the fangirl will stay with Ginti the same way the black-haired girl stays with Decim.

Lastly, the billiard guy creeps me out.
Aug 19, 2017 10:28 AM

Jul 2017
the thing about Decims dummies was interesting but apart from that it was kinda boring
Nov 21, 2017 8:27 PM

Dec 2016
A pretty interesting and well timed dive into the people behind the scenes of the games, and Quin was pretty interesting, especially because of the amount of emotion she shows despite being previously an arbiter.
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 30, 2018 4:24 PM
Jun 2013
wow so black hair just realized shes dead? We also got a look at decim and ginti first day coming in and even decim previous worker. It also looks like you can get a promotion here and it sounds like the promotion sucks a lot. They also are bringing up the high number of deaths happening fast again. Yea having a emotionless doll make a judgement call seems like a crap idea as not everything is black and white . This allows for more mistakes and decim cant be the only one that they implanted human emotion to since well everyone here seems to act emotional. Oh shit the guest use dummies as a way to hold their souls. I just figured they were just coming down like physical spirits or something. Decims dummy thing is sweet but creepy at the same time. Also they seem to forget on why the hell is mayu here.
Apr 7, 2018 1:15 PM

Nov 2017
Get to learn a little more about how everything operates. More characters being focused on
May 16, 2018 7:40 AM

Sep 2017
Quin and that former arbiter were quite hot AF. I will need to save them sometime for future reference. Hot girls.

But nothing else was good in this episode. Hope that the pop star from last episode is still there along with the fan girl.

Seems like the bodies of the voided are left as dolls(dunno if the resurrected bodies are left as dolls though).

Just checked out their wiki. Quin and the former arbiter are the same girl. Never knew that. And here I was, hoping for a threesome with both of them(who are the same girl). Unless of course, if I can have my way with their pre-Decim and post-Decim selfs at the same time.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Oct 26, 2018 2:44 PM

Jan 2010
The adult characters look like Natsume Ono characters. The long faces, the prominent noses, the wide drooping mouths; not sure why that just came to me.
Jan 21, 2019 6:24 AM

Jan 2015
We get to know more for Quindecim. Why I feel this anime will have a sad ending?
Apr 18, 2019 4:33 PM
Jul 2018
Much needed episode for this anime. We got some information about the Information Center headed by that new girl and the whole thing was essentially a flashback for when Decim got the Decim title. Things are still unclear though.

Also, the whole "arbiters can't feel emotion" is not a contradiction. They mimic emotions from what they see but can't produce it from themselves. Essentially like a humanoid.

4/5
May 9, 2019 8:09 PM

Sep 2017
This episode was definitely interesting. Tons of questions were brought up, like why were emotions planted into Decim? Why is Mayu here and not the other guy? Why would Mayu get sent to the void when the other guy was objectively more "evil"? Will Oculus ever win a game of pool? Hopefully, some of these get resolved.
Dec 7, 2019 3:34 AM

Mar 2016
Nobody:
Arbiters: WE MUST EXTRACT THE DARKNESS FROM PEOPLE'S SOULS!!!

Mar 6, 2020 9:42 PM
Nov 2018
interesting episode, more insight into nona and decim is cool
Jun 17, 2020 9:52 PM

Dec 2018
Seems like Oculus is the one that created all of the puppet arbiters. And he enables them to think which might creates something new and that something new will possibly not what he desires.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 17, 2020 8:11 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Things getting more complex now.
That was a major reveal, also no more time, for what?
Oct 4, 2020 8:03 AM
Aug 2020
"We judge the dead even though we never been dead." ;)
Dec 4, 2020 1:56 AM

Apr 2020
Why is Mayu still in that place? lmao
Dec 21, 2020 11:38 PM

Jul 2020
How come Ginti is always mad when Arbiters have no emotions?
Jan 25, 2021 10:25 AM

Jan 2020
ooh this time its more focused on the arbiters~
ah i can feel the complexity.
Feb 12, 2021 10:28 PM

Jul 2012
We got some more hints towards the happenings behind the scenes.

So Decim became Decim after taking a test, and it turns out Nona implanted him with human emotions to create a new way of arbiting. She also seems to have something to do with the black-haired woman, who seems to know that she is dead now.

We also found out the rules of the arbiters, and that humans return back to mannequins/puppets when they pass on. That is why Decim dresses them up, so they are not forgotten.

There also seems to be some sort of problem on Earth that is speeding up the number of deaths.

I wonder how all of this is going to be developed in the future. I don't see the show going into what's going on, on Earth though.

Seems like the next guests are special in some way. Perhaps we will finally see two awful people duke it out? I think that would be hella fun to watch.

Also, Mayu is still around...I can't imagine why. Perhaps Ginti is keeping her there in order to understand humans like how Decim does?
Mar 27, 2021 6:57 AM

Oct 2020
So there is a Quinn here. Decum forgetting to use the remote was funny XD!!! But I think things are going to change a bit. They also kept Mayu with them. Weird though! I thought she had her judgement.

Arbitrar's are having a painful life.

The op is cooler than this anime.
Maddy_ReDarkMar 27, 2021 7:02 AM
Mar 27, 2021 6:59 AM

Oct 2020
Captain-Andrew said:
How come Ginti is always mad when Arbiters have no emotions?

Maybe Ghinty doesn't know that anger is a emotion XD!!! He hates human but acts like one :p
May 25, 2021 7:25 AM

Dec 2020
another plot episode ! new character, quim. new info, rules of the arbitter and that decim was implemented emotions. even though he looks like the one with the least personality

ginti still can't judge the mayu.. what about harada? understandable tho, he didnt get to bring the "worst in them". when harada was about to show his, mayu let did something that did the opposite, made him want to save her. mayu and ginti are pretty cute too
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

837 by fuzzyGengar »»
Apr 10, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

672 by NikoFool »»
Apr 2, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2015

521 by Seraschi »»
Apr 1, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

596 by oDaw1 »»
Mar 25, 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.