Feb 20, 2015 5:23 AM
Mar 2014
Looking for some good japanese metal bands somthing in this genre:
Feb 20, 2015 6:53 AM

Jan 2012

Feb 20, 2015 6:54 AM
Mar 2011
show ya
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Feb 20, 2015 6:59 AM

Feb 2015
Feb 20, 2015 8:22 AM
Mar 2014
AllenVonStein said:

Thank you ^^
Feb 20, 2015 8:22 AM

Jan 2012
Eiji-chan said:
AllenVonStein said:

Thank you ^^

U are welcome

Feb 20, 2015 8:24 AM

Dec 2014
galneryus (powermetal)
Feb 20, 2015 9:38 AM

Nov 2011
Loudness, Bow Wow/Vow Wow, Seikima II, X Japan, and Sabbat are the main ones.

Also not metal but very extreme for their time I feel I should rec Les Ralizes Denudes.
Feb 20, 2015 10:55 AM

Mar 2014
i dont think anything i can recomend you would be much of your interest since you opened up the thread with Baby Metal.
doubt bands such as Hellen and Loudness or bands like Corrupted and Coffins are what youre looking for.
M.P.D.S./F.O.A.D.
Feb 20, 2015 11:34 AM

Nov 2011
gizter13 said:
i dont think anything i can recomend you would be much of your interest since you opened up the thread with Baby Metal.
doubt bands such as Hellen and Loudness or bands like Corrupted and Coffins are what youre looking for.

I'm sick of hearing about Baby metal myself.
Feb 20, 2015 11:43 AM
Feb 2014
Cosmicbeing said:

maybe i should sell my tickets :(

Waifu_Strangler said:
gizter13 said:

then dont post here

OT: Tough, Babymetal's really a thing of its own.
Feb 20, 2015 12:09 PM

Nov 2011
TheRealNico said:
Cosmicbeing said:

maybe i should sell my tickets :(

Waifu_Strangler said:

then dont post here

OT: Tough, Babymetal's really a thing of its own.

What does posting here have to do with being sick of some fad?

Also isn't there a baby metal rip off group that features younger girls? Maybe op would like that.
Feb 20, 2015 1:29 PM

Aug 2008
If you want idol music mixed with metal, BiS does some metal. They switch their style a lot though from metal to pop to ska to harsh noise and so on, but here is a metal song from them though:

If you want actual Japanese metal, I can make other recommendations, but for now I'll just leave it at that.
KyzixFeb 20, 2015 1:32 PM
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです
Feb 20, 2015 3:48 PM

Jan 2012

Feb 20, 2015 4:41 PM

Mar 2012
Not similar to Baby Metal but that doesn't mean that you may not like it.

Artist: Esophageal Prolapse
Genres: goregrind, noisegrind, and gorenoise all subgenres of grindcore which is a subgenre of metal (and sometimes punk)
Notes: This is my least favorite album by them since it's sounds like it's clipping to all hell with really bad sound quality but still good, I suggest checking out their Bandcamp

Artist: ONIIGRINDER
Genres: goregrind, noisegrind, grindcore, and gorenoise
Feb 20, 2015 10:11 PM
Jul 2018
Well, I can't think of anything really comparable with Babymetal but here are some Japanese metal bands I can personally recommend.

Crossfaith

Crystal Lake

Coldrain

Dir en grey
Feb 21, 2015 12:00 AM

Jan 2015
These guys are definitely influenced by Babymetal:

Here's the Babymetal rip off:
deletedaccount4Feb 21, 2015 12:08 AM
Feb 21, 2015 12:33 PM

Jan 2015
Feb 21, 2015 2:12 PM

Aug 2008
bennolp said:
ALL YOU NEED IS MELT BANANA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgnoBN007Vc

I love Melt-Banana, but they're not metal.
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです
Feb 21, 2015 4:42 PM

Nov 2014
Not sure how metal this group is but I love them and might as well as recommend them:
Kishida Kyoudan &THE Akeboshi Rockets
They did the HOTD and Strike the Blood opening, but they've done so much more..

Feb 21, 2015 5:08 PM

Dec 2007
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Boris. I guess they're not as popular as they were ten years ago. Pretty diverse band, but they do mix in quite a bit of metal.
Feb 21, 2015 7:44 PM

Aug 2008
SchnickelFritz said:
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Boris. I guess they're not as popular as they were ten years ago. Pretty diverse band, but they do mix in quite a bit of metal.

OP was looking for something like Baby Metal though, which is quite far from Boris.
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです
Feb 21, 2015 8:25 PM

Dec 2007
That didn't stop others from recommending vastly different artists, but yeah, you're right.

Momoiro Clover Z are another idol group who've released a few heavier tracks (yarr), for a more obvious comparison.
Feb 21, 2015 8:37 PM

Nov 2011
SchnickelFritz said:

I much prefer Les Ralizes Denudes myself.
Feb 21, 2015 10:53 PM

Apr 2013
Waifu_Strangler said:
SchnickelFritz said:

Very different bands, lol.
Feb 21, 2015 11:54 PM

Nov 2011
Hihi7 said:
Waifu_Strangler said:

Very different bands, lol.

I was thinking drones.
Feb 22, 2015 7:56 AM
Mar 2014
Woah those are realy good recomandations, i like most of them thank you <3

And yeah i'm not particularly looking for baby metal tbh there are only a few songs i actually like so i tought i would find some songs this way.

Lust_Feb 22, 2015 8:05 AM
Feb 22, 2015 9:21 AM

May 2012
Baby metal sucks dick. Listen to some good Japanese metal.

Feb 22, 2015 10:20 AM

Mar 2014
Nihilfist said:
Baby metal sucks dick. Listen to some good Japanese metal.

never heard of Infernal Necromancy. nice tastes man.
M.P.D.S./F.O.A.D.
Feb 22, 2015 10:24 AM

Jan 2010
Well, I think there's nothing like Babymetal ...

But you can try some female fronted Japanese metal bands

Cyntia

Aldious

Feb 22, 2015 11:40 AM

Nov 2011
retrogamer32x said:
Eiji-chan said:
Woah those are realy good recomandations, i like most of them thank you <3

And yeah i'm not particularly looking for baby metal tbh there are only a few songs i actually like so i tought i would find some songs this way.

You shouldn't have to apologize for liking them anyway. :D I don't think Baby Metal deserve all the backlash they've gotten. Basically, the criticism is that they were not metal fans or a part of that scene beforehand. The girls in the band were all signed by the Amuse talent agency and I think all were in this group - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakura_Gakuin Anyway, their agency decided that an all girl metal group would sell better, and Babymetal was born.

I think you can look at it two ways. Is it fake? Yeah, it's just a marketing ploy. BUT, they are technically sound and the music is making more people interested in metal. Metal is my favorite genre of music, but let's be honest, the 80's were a long time ago and it's not easy to make a living playing metal music anymore. I don't have a problem with them so long as people realize this is a novelty act, it's not something like Black Sabbath where it was an organic movement. And if it makes people go back and check out GNR, Sabbath, Megadeth, plus listen to newer metal bands like Mastodon, Lamb of God, etc. that's a good thing in my book.

Too much backlash? Seems like here they get too much praise. Personally my issue is simple. I don't care for them. Nothing to do with real or fake metal, besides I listen more to prog rock than metal.
Feb 22, 2015 3:25 PM

Nov 2011
retrogamer32x said:
Waifu_Strangler said:

Too much backlash? Seems like here they get too much praise. Personally my issue is simple. I don't care for them. Nothing to do with real or fake metal, besides I listen more to prog rock than metal.

Well, you are right in that the mainstream press love them (the same press who just gave Tenacious D a Grammy for Best Metal Album), but the metal community has really gotten fed up with them. Eddie Trunk is probably the foremost authority on metal in the U.S., and he is not exactly their biggest fan. They're also getting killed in a lot of metal podcasts and on blogs, but you really have to be a fan of the genre to care or know about that.

Anyway, I respect your view on them, I'm not a fan either to be honest, I was just saying that the "Burn it with fire!" attitude some metal fans have is maybe a bit harsh.

I don't have a harsh opinion on them like I do Radiohead and Metallica I just don't see what all the hoopla is about.
Feb 22, 2015 6:36 PM
Apr 2013
Not a band but writer Kajiura Yuki has written some good metal tracks:
Venari Strigas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjwwMn8rZG4
Mar 17, 2015 7:53 AM

Aug 2014
retrogamer32x said:
The girls in the band were all signed by the Amuse talent agency and I think all were in this group - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakura_Gakuin Anyway, their agency decided that an all girl metal group would sell better, and Babymetal was born.

Yes, BABYMETAL was originally a part of Sakura Gakuin. SG still exists though. The story is a bit more nuanced, if you're interested.

Sakura Gakuin is an idol unit themed around the Japanese middle school experience, so everything they do is related to school. One well-known aspect of Japanese schools is clubs, after-school extracurricular activities. To fit their school theme, Sakura Gakuin made many subgroups, each representing a club - there's science club, newspaper club, baton club, and so on.

A kind of club that has gotten famous these days - thanks to the anime K-ON - is the keionbu, or "Light Music Club." As in K-ON, the light music club is basically a rock band. Well, Sakura Gakuin decided to throw a twist on that theme and make a "Heavy" music club instead. The juonbu was named BABYMETAL.

BABYMETAL existed in the Sakura Gakuin universe only for a couple years, slowly building their catalog of songs, and being just like any other SG club. Now, of course, the subgroup has far eclipsed its parent Gakuen in popularity. SG still carries on as ever though.

Note: Even their name comes from a parody. In Japanese, "heavy metal" is spelled HEBIMETARU. If you add quotes (dakuten) to the Japanese character for HE, you get BE. BEBIMETARU. Babymetal.

I happen to like Babymetal a lot, myself, as a very creative idol group that mixes together various styles and Japanese imagery.
CasperBat
Apr 3, 2015 12:38 PM

May 2011
There are some epic true japanese metal bands:

Galneryus (progressive metal)
Galmet (melodic death metal)
Serenity In Murder (symphonic death/black)
Scarlet Valse (symphonic power metal)
Cross Vein (power metal)
Gonin-Ish (avant-garde metal)
Onmyo-Za (folk/heavy metal)
Jurassic Jade (thrash metal)
Grave Grinder (death metal/grindcore)
Sigh (black/avant-garde metal)
Gallhammer (black/doom metal)
Apr 4, 2015 1:46 AM

Jan 2015
I want a kawaii metal nsbm outfit. Come on now Japan, you can do it

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7572 by Jonas-K »»
2 hours ago

» Mal spotify collaborative playlist ( 1 2 )

tsukareru - Jan 6

60 by tsukareru »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Avatar: The Way of Water or Dune: Part Two

AcbSnakeDemon - Apr 20

6 by alex889 »»
Today, 1:16 AM

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - Apr 18

6 by Enderobot »»
Yesterday, 9:05 AM

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

10 by not-perfect »»
Yesterday, 2:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.