Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 17, 2015 9:04 AM

Sep 2011
Yes I know that this is way to early, but I was wondering if by any chance they said anything. How far is the manga, how many did the show covered in these 19 episodes? How are the ratings in Japan? Do people like this show?
Again, I know it's early, but I love this show and want to see more of Yona very soon!! :)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 17, 2015 9:17 AM

Jul 2009
Manga is still ongoing. Coming chapter 103 this week and it doesn't seem like end manga yet. There are still things to do.

Anime is right now on chapter 32. Since there's only 5 more episode, it might end around 40~50 chapter. Thats my guest.

I don't know about ratings on Japan or second season though :(
ShanaRenFeb 17, 2015 9:22 AM
()__() This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Help bunny gain world domination.
(")_(") Copy and paste bunny into your signature.
Feb 17, 2015 9:47 AM

May 2009
MAL hasn't listed any episode count. Are you sure there are only 5 more eps?
Do you think they'll club-run seasons and continue till 30+ eps?

If they end this cour, I'm assuming they'll only reach till they find the last dragon. I haven't read the manga, no spoilers please.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Feb 17, 2015 9:48 AM

Jul 2011
Yea, I was just thinking the same. This series needs a second season because they still need to recruit the yellow dragon AND the final battle, I don't see all of that completing in 5-7 episodes unless it gets really rushed.
Feb 17, 2015 10:16 AM

Sep 2007
Wikipedia lists it as 24 episode. With 5 episodes left it seems they might end around chapter ~40, which would be right after they defeat Kumji.

Of note, there's a short scene in the opening that's key in chapter 39.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

MALoween 2023 Candies

MALoween 2022 Candies

Feb 17, 2015 1:29 PM

Jul 2009
Kundalini said:

If they end this cour, I'm assuming they'll only reach till they find the last dragon. I haven't read the manga, no spoilers please.

Kusanagi Mizuho posted in her twitter last month how many episodes are:
[url]https://twitter.com/KusanagiMizuho/status/557671572321099777[/url]

Primeval said:
Yea, I was just thinking the same. This series needs a second season because they still need to recruit the yellow dragon AND the final battle, I don't see all of that completing in 5-7 episodes unless it gets really rushed.

2~3 Episodes are enough for the battle and 3~2 Episodes for yellow dragon which its also enough if they follow the manga.

What I'm afraid is a original anime ending.......
ShanaRenFeb 17, 2015 1:32 PM
()__() This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Help bunny gain world domination.
(")_(") Copy and paste bunny into your signature.
Feb 17, 2015 2:00 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I doubt they'll make an anime original ending....I don't even see how they would do that considering they have to first finish the pirates arc. They can't just miraculously solve things in one or two episodes. They'll probably just end with some sort of cliffhanger, whether if it's when they finally meet ouryuu or a quick anime only scene (like the journey continues kind of thing) as the ending. Honestly though, at this pace, they could go for another two cour if they wanted to because they won't run out of material, but since this was planned to be a two cour, that won't happen. I wish it did though, or a season two coming soon X) But yeah, I would like to know the reception of the anime in Japan too. The DVDs/BDs aren't on sale yet either so if we wanted to see the likelihood of it getting a season two based on sales, we wouldn't know either. Hmm maybe someone can shed some light about whether or not the manga got any boost?
Feb 17, 2015 4:46 PM
Jan 2010
We've known the episode count for a while now, so I'm not sure why MAL hasn't updated the total episode number yet...
Feb 17, 2015 5:42 PM

Aug 2014
Kundalini said:

This would be so good, they could finish it off in 70+ episodes, the manga could end in about 20 chapters.

tingy said:
I doubt they'll make an anime original ending....I don't even see how they would do that considering they have to first finish the pirates arc. They can't just miraculously solve things in one or two episodes. They'll probably just end with some sort of cliffhanger, whether if it's when they finally meet ouryuu or a quick anime only scene (like the journey continues kind of thing) as the ending. Honestly though, at this pace, they could go for another two cour if they wanted to because they won't run out of material, but since this was planned to be a two cour, that won't happen. I wish it did though, or a season two coming soon X) But yeah, I would like to know the reception of the anime in Japan too. The DVDs/BDs aren't on sale yet either so if we wanted to see the likelihood of it getting a season two based on sales, we wouldn't know either. Hmm maybe someone can shed some light about whether or not the manga got any boost?

I'm very glad that's the case, there is no possible way to get an anime original ending unless Yona et al have some instant transmission technique to reach Soo-Won and kill him :p
Feb 17, 2015 5:44 PM

Dec 2012
Nothing yet.
[right]
"The big secret to breaking the rules is to make it look as though you're following them."
Feb 17, 2015 7:40 PM

Apr 2013
I'm almost positive that the anime will stop once all 4 dragons get introduced (maybe a little conflict after that). I highly highly highly doubt that there will be an anime original ending or this anime wasn't advertising anything. Granted I haven't read the manga at all. However, I will start reading it immediately once this season finishes.
Feb 18, 2015 3:29 AM
Nov 2013
We need to know the popularity of the show to know if it'll get a season 2. As far as source material is concerned we got plenty for a season 2 :D and it's still ongoing with no end in sight. I'm hoping for a season 2 cuz they are doing this show right!
Feb 18, 2015 4:25 PM

Jul 2009
I just hope it keeps going on, since there's no episodes count, I don't read the manga but there's many chapters so they can keep going for sure I guess, I mean, I don't know how people are reacting to it in Japan, like audience and if the manga is selling more.
Feb 18, 2015 4:26 PM
Jan 2010
bittersweetlove said:
I just hope it keeps going on, since there's no episodes count.

It's actually 2 cour (24 episodes).
Feb 18, 2015 4:27 PM

Jan 2015
It's shoujo. The sales will undoubtedly be terrible.
Feb 20, 2015 3:23 PM

Apr 2013
v3catsxanime said:
bittersweetlove said:
I just hope it keeps going on, since there's no episodes count.

Yup. This has been known for a while.
Feb 20, 2015 3:31 PM

Jan 2015
YONNNAAAAAA. god this show is so good.
Feb 22, 2015 4:10 PM

Sep 2014
i haven't checked out the source material yet, but it would be pretty cool if the show had 3 cours instead of 2 so it could cover the yellow dragon arc and other things that happen afterwards. again, i haven't read the source material, so i don't know if 3 cours could cover everything that happens after the yellow dragon arc.

i kind of doubt that there'd ever be 3 cours, so a second season sounds a little more reasonable.
Feb 23, 2015 9:58 AM

Apr 2014
deanzel said:
v3catsxanime said:

So this means the War Arc will not be adapted. And most likely the Yellow Dragon will appear at the last episode.
It's a shame because the reason why Su-won took the throne to protect Kouka Kingdom will be revealed.
Haters always gonna hate.
Feb 24, 2015 12:17 PM

May 2012
Only 2 cour. Disappointed

The anime is so good. I hope there is 2nd season.
Feb 24, 2015 12:18 PM

Jul 2012
Feb 24, 2015 12:33 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
mayukachan said:
*prays*
Feb 24, 2015 12:34 PM

Jan 2008
Yes I to want another season of at least 2-cour one of my favorite animes this season well it was a carry over from last season but still really good series regardless

But MAL finally got it updated that it is going to be 24 episodes just checked i was like...."NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" plz dont end unless a second season comes out then that isnt that bad
Feb 24, 2015 12:58 PM

Dec 2013
BS. The story is no even remotely near conclusion. :/ I hope there won't be anime original ending.
Feb 24, 2015 1:16 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Rayzer said:
deanzel said:

So this means the War Arc will not be adapted. And most likely the Yellow Dragon will appear at the last episode.
It's a shame because the reason why Su-won took the throne to protect Kouka Kingdom will be revealed.

Also one character's development was not only surprising, but funny and also brought me to tears. I want to see it happen in anime. AnY is a well written and well paced story that deserves to get another season. And actually, a full adaptation when the manga ends :D imo, of course.
Feb 24, 2015 2:10 PM

Mar 2009
I hope this anime gets another season. It deserves it.
Feb 24, 2015 4:25 PM

Apr 2013
A second season is most needed.
Feb 24, 2015 4:45 PM

May 2013
Lets put our faith to its sales and the manga's sales too because the later part of the manga was really really good.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Feb 25, 2015 2:48 AM

Sep 2011
God, pls let there be a S2.
Feb 25, 2015 3:22 PM

Jul 2009
Now the episode count is listed, so just more 4 episodes to go =/
We won't see the yellow dragon this season I guess, what means that we might have a 2nd :D
Feb 25, 2015 4:54 PM

Jun 2014
I think it's very likely actually. The anime is doing great popularity-wise, they've got plenty of material to work with from the manga...

I reallyyyyyy hope there'll be another season *^*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2015 7:00 PM

Oct 2010
If this doesn't get a second season, I will be extremely upset. :(
Mar 1, 2015 7:29 AM
Aug 2008
I'm disappointed about the lack of news for a 2nd season. So far it's been a pretty good adaptation. I imagine a good place to leave a cliffhanger would be the visit to the priest Ik-soo, if they can manage to get there. Show Yona's resolution, fade it there. Then if another season gets picked on, it's easy to retake it from there. I think it can be done if they skip the Hakuryuu scales filler chapter and don't take too long with the Awa aftermath. The pacing in this arc seems kind of slow so I'm a bit scared it might take them all whole 4 episodes.

I must admit, Zeno (the yellow dragon) is my favorite character in the manga, and I'm sad he'll get to be in only 1-2 episodes top -not counting the flashforwards and spoilerrific foreshadowing. I'm not even asking for his backstory or anything, since it doesn't start to show up until chapter 100 and they'd have to change a lot of stuff if they want to make reveals earlier, ruining the mood. I just really wanted to see him animated and interacting with the others for whole arcs. I do think they'll get to his intro at least, with him being in every OP and ED since the beginning and all those hints before shit hit the fan in the manga. It would be dumb to have a character so featured to be just a voiceless cameo.
Mar 1, 2015 11:21 AM
Jan 2010
kirisame said:
I'm disappointed about the lack of news for a 2nd season.

The anime hasn't finished airing yet. Based on past trends, news on season 2 isn't announced until the end of the final episode. There are also instances where we have to wait over a year before season 2 is announced. It's all up to the studio.
Mar 1, 2015 1:03 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
kirisame said:
It would be dumb to have a character so featured to be just a voiceless cameo.

Lol oh man that would really suck...but I doubt that would happen since they have casted a VA for ouryuu. There would be no point in having Shimono Hiro in the cast when ouryuu won't even get one line in the anime.
Mar 1, 2015 1:56 PM

Feb 2009
personally think the manga is great, but i don't see them making a second season that stays true to the manga. I'd love to be wrong, but the pacing is much slower, they sort of meander about until the war arc starts.
Mar 1, 2015 4:05 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I will jump if this will do a Selector Infected WIXOSS and announce season 2 right after the last episode ends. :D
Mar 1, 2015 11:52 PM

Mar 2008
Pleaseeeeeeee *crosses fingers* I really want to see chapter 101 animated... Zeno T___T
Mar 3, 2015 12:25 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Lancehot said:
Looking forward to a "we'll animate the second half when the author finishes" type announcement, then the long wait while either the author spins it out to the point of stupidity (Skip Beat) or something happens that leads to a hiatus which never ends (Nana)

That is so typical unfortunately. I hope it's not the case here.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 3, 2015 12:58 PM
Jun 2011
Farabeuf said:
Lancehot said:
Looking forward to a "we'll animate the second half when the author finishes" type announcement, then the long wait while either the author spins it out to the point of stupidity (Skip Beat) or something happens that leads to a hiatus which never ends (Nana)

i hope it will be like the first season of selector where there was second season anouccment at the end of the first season
Mar 5, 2015 12:34 AM
May 2014
elior1 said:
Farabeuf said:

i hope it will be like the first season of selector where there was second season anouccment at the end of the first season

Me too.. :)
They already have enough sourcematerial for another 2-cour, so announcing a "second half" when
the author finishes would be wrong in any case. At least if they keep animating it almost page by page.
konatachan80Mar 5, 2015 3:48 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Mar 5, 2015 10:36 PM

Feb 2014
This is Studio Perriot, as long as there are decent sales then there will definitely be a second season.
Mar 7, 2015 3:12 AM

Jun 2013
There's no way this season will leave off at a point that is satisfying. The whole season they have been talking about gathering the 4 dragons, it would be beyond retarded to end the anime with only 3, or when they just find the 4th one and nothing happens with it. The entire season would be completely pointless, leaving off half finished. If there is no second season then this is one of the biggest fuck-ups I've ever seen in anime.

The WHOLE point was gathering 4 dragons. This Kumji guy is irrelevant. This is no ending.
Mar 7, 2015 8:37 AM
May 2014
ex_necross said:
There's no way this season will leave off at a point that is satisfying. The whole season they have been talking about gathering the 4 dragons, it would be beyond retarded to end the anime with only 3, or when they just find the 4th one and nothing happens with it. The entire season would be completely pointless, leaving off half finished. If there is no second season then this is one of the biggest fuck-ups I've ever seen in anime.

The WHOLE point was gathering 4 dragons. This Kumji guy is irrelevant. This is no ending.

Well, the recruitment of the fourth dragon is kind of different from the others.

This is a spoiler:

You can't expect it to end at this point.
There's published enough sourcematerial for another 2-cour or more, and it is still ongoing.

Hopefully they'll do another 2-cour or so, but they might delay it until sometime later.
konatachan80Mar 7, 2015 8:42 AM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Mar 7, 2015 9:08 PM

Jun 2013
konatachan80 said:
ex_necross said:

Well, the recruitment of the fourth dragon is kind of different from the others.

This is a spoiler:

You can't expect it to end at this point.
There's published enough sourcematerial for another 2-cour or more, and it is still ongoing.

Hopefully they'll do another 2-cour or so, but they might delay it until sometime later.

I haven't read the manga, and it doesn't really matter how they recruit the 4th. The point is that the whole anime has been about recruiting the 4 dragons. If the anime ends before that happens then there was no point to begin with. It's leaving something half finished. Even berserk's ending is more satisfying. Hmm what's a good comparison... It'd be like ending Pokemon right when Ash gets his 7th badge.
Mar 8, 2015 5:19 AM

Feb 2009
@ ex_necross

***Do not click this if you want to get slightly spoiled***

Mar 10, 2015 1:23 PM

May 2009
if they're doing a season 2 soon, I shall hold off reading the manga. else, i'm on to animating black-n-white in my head.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Mar 10, 2015 1:28 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Pierrot is so faithful to the manga seemingly, that's what makes me think that we will get a 2nd season no matter what.
Mar 10, 2015 10:01 PM

Nov 2007
With the pace they have had for the series so far, I think they could easily do another two cours (24-26) with the material in hand and they would still be left with few more. The manga gets so much better later on (at least up to where the english translation is at right now) and I hope it gets a sequel because the story is worth it.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 10, 2015 10:12 PM

Jan 2011
Smudy said:
Pierrot is so faithful to the manga seemingly, that's what makes me think that we will get a 2nd season no matter what.

I feel the same. This is all pending reception ie sales. I'll be incredibly disappointed if the community doesn't step up and support not only a good story but a faithful adaptation if that is what makes or breaks a second season.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2015

374 by perseii »»
Apr 8, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2014

138 by Seraschi »»
Apr 6, 1:42 PM

Poll: » should i keep watching????

Tamar5858 - Jul 31, 2022

20 by BiobulletM »»
Apr 3, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 17, 2015

146 by nyaasar »»
Mar 21, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2015

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 9, 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.