Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 17, 2015 6:24 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The test for her is to go through a dangerous road to get the herb. She got afraid of the height, but she doesn't give up even though Rokuryuu told her to give up if she's afraid. That made Rokuryuu more curious about her.

The tide made it more difficult and Rokuryuu saved her. She told the leader about the truth and said she wants to try again again, which made the leader accept her. Bishounen guy hugging her like mother worrying about her is so cute.

Rokuryuu understood how childhood guy felt when guarding her and asked if he likes her. That kind of moved him a bit and kind of showed the emotion when tending her scar. So that leader wanted to disband the pirate after everything is done.

The battle soon.
tsubasaloverFeb 17, 2015 6:44 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 17, 2015 8:26 AM

Nov 2011
Well, she managed to get the job (sort of) done after all. Episode felt slow but it showed Yona's courageous side. Is it also just me or does Hak REALLY seem to be enjoying licking Yona's hand this episode??

Feb 17, 2015 8:36 AM

Jul 2010
That really was quite the cliff. Really enjoyed how Yona's resolve wasn't based on one thing at all which just shows how much weight she is carrying through each step!

Ao running on the cliff shows how narrow it was and the waves too T.T Trembling and crying would be an understatement.

Jae-ha is sort of declining it but it didn't feel like that at the end.

The Captain is quite awesome to talk back on Yun, and also accepting Yona for her honesty and efforts!

Jae-ha bringing the Thunder Beast out! Let us not waste that honey.

The battle soon, that preview with Yun crossdressing,I might be looking forward to that the most. Never knew honey worked so well with splinters.
Feb 17, 2015 8:38 AM

Apr 2014
Cannot wait to see that blazing fiery eyes of Yona again. And to see how terrified was Yang Kum-ji on her eyes.
Haters always gonna hate.
Feb 17, 2015 8:49 AM

Jun 2012
I really enjoy seeing how Akatsuki no Yona treats its characters. If the character development wasn't as decent as it is, it'd be another Arata Kangatari
Feb 17, 2015 8:56 AM

Aug 2010
Awesome as usual :D

Loved Saito Chiwa's VAing when Yona was scared. The choppy speech while she was trying to force herself really nicely depicted the fear :3

Ao's scenes are always lol XD
How it was being happy even while Yona was scared as hell and he eats fish O_o?
Lol'd at when he got squashed by Yun when he was hugging Yona XD

Yona's "Urk" when Jaeha told her her legs are shaking was cute ^^
Why didn't she take of the cape though lol, it would've been much easier XD

Jaeha's falling for her and he can't resist that cuteness :3 Loved how Gigan started liking her after seeing Dem guts :)

Lol at Hak saying Jaeha looks 10 years older XD

Hak trolling Yona about the needle and her reaction was so cute >.<

Dat HakxYona licking hand scene and Yona's blush was so friggin KAWAIIII <3 Too much cuteness for Me HNNNNNGGGGG <3

The real action is about to commence >.< Can't wait :3
Feb 17, 2015 9:03 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode as always. They adapt the manga 1:1, which is really awesome. I can't wait for the next episode.

Feb 17, 2015 9:03 AM
Mar 2014
Oh god i love this squirrel :D

Yona proved she has the courage to do something on her own.

Hak licking Yona's hand was so damn cute, i love those YonaxHak scene's i'm hopping to see more scene's like this one.

An epic batle is incoming, i'm hyped for it!
Feb 17, 2015 9:11 AM

Dec 2014
Stark700 said:
Is it also just me or does Hak REALLY seem to be enjoying licking Yona's hand this episode??

He may be enjoying it, but the fangirls are enjoying it way more xD Hak is just pure Fanservice material

Also Chiwa's voice acting was wonderful! She's really talented when it comes to voice sad or trembling voice. It just felt so real.

Can't wait next week omg!
Feb 17, 2015 9:19 AM

Jul 2009
So many many cute scene with Ao. I love it!
()__() This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Help bunny gain world domination.
(")_(") Copy and paste bunny into your signature.
Feb 17, 2015 9:50 AM

Dec 2008
Yay for Yona! :D
Ao's so cute haha
And omg that Hak and Yona scene <3
Feb 17, 2015 10:10 AM

Jul 2013
Damn Hak keep it in your pants! Haha god I'd be creeped out too, even if he is hot...

I like the captain a lot more now, but not much else happened this episode other than Jae-ha warming up to Yona. I'm more excited for the battle next episode. :D

Also Yun hugging Yona was cute.
Feb 17, 2015 10:20 AM

Feb 2012
Alright the solo mission is accomplished.

Now lets get to kaizoku fighting.
Feb 17, 2015 10:45 AM

Aug 2012
This show doesn't have a bad episode. Loved the interaction with Jeaha and Yona. It's cute seeing him caring for Yona.

I feel bad for Hak. I wonder how Yona feels about him.
Feb 17, 2015 11:44 AM

Sep 2008
Stark700 said:

This scene!
I can't!
I really like all HakxYona scenes, but this one just beats all of them! *.*
Simply the best! *.*
Feb 17, 2015 11:53 AM
Jul 2018
Yona finally completed her mission.

Lol @ about the part where Hak trolled Yona about the needle.
Feb 17, 2015 11:54 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Yona's determination to complete the job even when she's trembling in fear was commendable. She has been getting some gradual development lately.

Jae-ha pretty much fell for her after observing up close, no matter how much he denies it. I mean, who wouldn't fall for her? Even Hak got carried away! That was totally an OTP scene. :3

Looks like one major battle is incoming. Kumji forces won't stand any chances anyways.

Good episode. That cross-dress Yun in the PV though.. from Bishounen to Bishoujo? XD

Feb 17, 2015 12:05 PM

Apr 2010
I might have to make cross dressing Yun my new avatar after next episode. xD Hak was having a lot of fun with that honey. lol
Feb 17, 2015 12:14 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The slow pacing for its character development is one of the best i have seen in anime so far. Really good point to stand out.
Feb 17, 2015 12:25 PM

Apr 2013
This anime is so underrated! It's so depressing.
Feb 17, 2015 12:49 PM

Jun 2014
Great episode, I loved the fact Yona had a breakdown. & Jaeha calling her Yona-chan aaaaw

Barion-Zara said:

Ao's scenes are always lol XD
How it was being happy even while Yona was scared as hell and he eats fish O_o?

Lol right!
Shit is going down next week, can't wait
Feb 17, 2015 1:04 PM
May 2014
lol, Kasei is undercover in Akatsuki no Yona :)
At least it sounded like her Yep, it's her according to the charlist.

Love this series..
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Feb 17, 2015 1:25 PM

Oct 2013
Loving this. When hak licked that honey I was like: what the hell are you doing? XD
Feb 17, 2015 1:25 PM
Mar 2012
Uhm... Hak... *cough*
Feb 17, 2015 1:46 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Great episode to show Yona's determination! She knows that atm she can't do much and what Captain Gigan said about her being dead weight is true, and although she admits she was scared at the cliff, she still kept going forward, all the while trembling and crying (well not crying the whole way :P). It's the fear of losing someone else close to her and also fear of seeing others lose their sloe ones that keeps her going. Everyone keeps saying she's just a girl, but that doesn't mean she can't fight in her own ways. Jae-ha was so worried about Yona that he unconsciously kept following her. It definitely caught him off guard that the king he heard about is actually a "weak" and tiny girl.

Yesss that beautiful scene <3 Way more intense animated though lol.

And so the real part starts.
Feb 17, 2015 1:58 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode as always.
Btw, is it still unknown how many episodes there will be?

Stark700 said:

Hak is to hot to even attract men.
Feb 17, 2015 2:06 PM

Aug 2013
It's kinda funny when you think about it, Jae-ha could have get that famous herb in less than a minute x)
But she still managed to get it somehow, that's great. Ao is a scumbag for being all happy while she's totally terrified :P

That honey scene was hoooot, dayum. Hak and his unrequited love... that seem to become more and more requited. She also added a bunch of pirates to her harem! She's destined to become a harem queen, but she can still have a favorite :3
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 17, 2015 2:07 PM

Feb 2014
Hak kinda licked the honey, uh, out of nowhere (at least from Yona's point of view). Maybe she only wants him to be her friend and not her lover.

I dislike how so many characters are calling Yona a weak girl. What she lacks in physical strength she definitely makes up for in courage and passion, as she is willing to do anything for her friends. Although I don't think she quite understands the line between bravery and stupidity yet. Saying that she'd get the healing herb in the middle of a battlefield while it's raining arrows if one of her friends is not something I'd call bravery over stupidity because it will cause her to die and not solve her friend's problem. Even if she helps out all she can, she can't be reckless because it is imperative that she survives. And it's not that I'm calling her stupid, I really think she has a lot of courage and great potential, but I think she definitely has a lot more to learn.

Anyway, I'm thinking this might turn into a 30+ episode show. They still have to fight this battle, find and befriend the fourth dragon, and take the castle back and I'm not really sure how they'; be able to fit all that into the next 5-7 episodes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2015 2:08 PM

Oct 2013
Nom nom Hak loves licking Yona hand.... It's kinda hot!!!
pfftt.......................*nosebleed*

Feb 17, 2015 2:12 PM

Feb 2009
I had a total fangirl moment with the YonaxHak scene this week. He is sooo much good fanservice. And Yun was so cute too! Yona is really well liked by everyone!

Feb 17, 2015 2:17 PM
Feb 2013
Hak licking Yona's hand was kinda lewd but her reaction was just plain cute.
Feb 17, 2015 2:29 PM

Feb 2009
Oh gosh, funniest part of the episode.

Yona collapses in a heap and Gija freaks out. "SEE! That's because you touched her!"

Hak really was a liiiiittle too happy licking the honey off her hands though. But still, cute scene.
Feb 17, 2015 3:24 PM

May 2009
Hak and Yona are freakin awesome together.
But I have to admit that at least 90% percent of that awesomeness comes from Hak. He's a freakin hero XD
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Feb 17, 2015 3:25 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Barion-Zara said:
Why didn't she take of the cape though lol, it would've been much easier XD
Yeah, that's my only complaint about the episode. That was silly (and dangerous).

Kipcha said:
Yona collapses in a heap and Gija freaks out. "SEE! That's because you touched her!"
Mine as well. The little details in the animation are great. (other than that cape thing)
Feb 17, 2015 4:05 PM

Oct 2014
Nice episode. Looking forward to the next one.

I wonder how many episodes this anime has since they still need to introduce the yellow dragon.
Feb 17, 2015 4:40 PM

Jul 2011
ElenirLachlagos said:
Uhm... Hak... *cough*

That slurping wtf. OTL

Gotta question why she wasn't smart enough to take off the cape. >>
Feb 17, 2015 4:43 PM

May 2013
Poor Yona, don't cry!

Well, uh, we didn't need those gory images.

AI DAYO.

Damn that cliff is hella narrow though.

Aww Yun is just like a mom.

I would have laughed too xD

If Jeaha is 25 and Yona 15, I'd consider that pedophilia. She's just too young in my eyes, but if a few years were to pass then perhaps it's fine.

Yeah, her hands looked pretty rough, I was wondering what was up.

WHAT THE HELL HAK. SHE'S ONLY 15. DON'T MAKE HER START FEELING THE PHYSICAL FUNNIES.

Human trafficking, shit, this is getting pretty dark. The murder of the child in the last episode spooked me enough.
Feb 17, 2015 5:01 PM

Jun 2014
This episode had a bit of everything! Its really hard for me to say anything more then "I love this damn show" every episode. Its just does EVERYTHING so right. It doesnt feel rushed EVER
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Feb 17, 2015 5:09 PM

Nov 2007
This is why I can never like Jae-ha. Jae-ha sees Hak right through his only weakness. While Hak keeps on fighting his desire to see Yona as a woman, Jae-ha always pushes the poor guy to the point where he loses his resolve. I know I contradict myself when I say I like to see more Hak and Yona moments, but I don't want to see Hak being toyed around by Jae-ha's teasing time and again.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 17, 2015 5:26 PM
Feb 2014
Slow episode, but I like it like that. Like someone said earlier, the slow characterization of AnY's characters is what makes this show so good.

Btw, Hak's licking scene was... awkward...

Kipcha said:

+1, It was hilarious! hahaha
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Feb 17, 2015 7:38 PM

Apr 2013
While the "Honey" scene wasn't as good as the one in the new To Love-Ru Darkness OVA with Yui Kotegawa, it was still full of god damn win. I love Yona's adventures so much (Su-won a suck). I can't wait to see Yun cross-dressing next episode.
Feb 17, 2015 9:19 PM
Aug 2013
After seeing yona for 18 episodes , I think we could all definetly tell that she was gonna get those godamn flowers even if trying to could kill her , and I really like that side of her . jae-ha is also starting to open his heart a little bit :3.

As for honey scene , they are definetly trying to kill us , with all that tension in the air D:. It's obvious that haku is reaching his limit with Yona, he wants her so bad it's driving him crazy.( even if he dont wanna admit it). Anyways , they are starting to bring out more the romance reflexions and aspects , im happy that this anime takes it time to put everything in place *^^*

Amazing episode , as always :3
Feb 17, 2015 9:40 PM

Sep 2013
that yonahak scene

Feb 17, 2015 9:50 PM

Jan 2011
Another great episode with Yona developing even more as a character. I kind of like it when Jae-ha gives Hak a little forward push in the romance with Yona. Gods know that Hak needs it.

And that honey scene....one of the sexier scenes I've watched this week in anime. They are rapidly becoming one of my favourite couples.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Feb 17, 2015 10:56 PM

Nov 2011
That Yona needs to prove herself when she's commanding/providing her entire group to help out seems a bit much to me, but I suppose it does help push along her development, particularly with Jae-ha.

The honey scene was pretty creepy, to be honest. That was a very intimate act; I thought Yona's surprise was somewhat understated, which isn't something I notice often in anime.

It looks like we'll be getting into the meat of this sub-arc in the next episode.
Feb 18, 2015 1:38 AM
May 2014
TripleSRank said:
That Yona needs to prove herself when she's commanding/providing her entire group to help out seems a bit much to me, but I suppose it does help push along her development, particularly with Jae-ha.

Isn't it quite logical that she had to prove herself just like the rest of them?
Also note that the test was a bit different for Yona than the rest. They were accepted based on what
they could do/provide, while she was tested (and accepted) on trust/reliability.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Feb 18, 2015 5:41 AM
Jan 2015
What a great episode. That was weird with Hak lol and Ao was hilarious too. I love every character in this show.
Feb 18, 2015 6:09 AM

May 2009
I remember reading this part in the manga; I was vehemently in denial that I ship Yona x Jaeha. After watching this episode I finally gave in. It's quite interesting seeing how he develops a romantic interest in the princess after seeing her in action.
I've always adored this kind of dynamic (loving a person based on their personality).

I also must confess that a slow paced plot is a good choice. It gives plenty of time to flesh out the characters, otherwise I would've dropped the anime/manga long time ago.
Feb 18, 2015 6:32 AM

Sep 2014
I havn;t read the manga but I'm curious how they will rap this up in 6 episodes, or will it be reliant on a second season.
Feb 18, 2015 6:59 AM

Dec 2014
Stark700 said:
Well, she managed to get the job (sort of) done after all. Episode felt slow but it showed Yona's courageous side. Is it also just me or does Hak REALLY seem to be enjoying licking Yona's hand this episode??

Haha I laughed so hard during that scene. Hak is easily my favorite character in this series.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2015

374 by perseii »»
Apr 8, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2014

138 by Seraschi »»
Apr 6, 1:42 PM

Poll: » should i keep watching????

Tamar5858 - Jul 31, 2022

20 by BiobulletM »»
Apr 3, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2015

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 9, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2015

231 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 9, 12:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.