Forum Settings
Forums

What makes an ideal waifu for the majority of otaku?

New
Feb 16, 2015 4:11 PM

Oct 2013
My guess would be girls like Asuna considering how popular she is. And when you think about it, she is kind of a dream trophy wife. She can cook, loves to raise kids (yui), has the sweet personality with a touch of the tsundere quirkiness, all the guys wanna rape her, she was a pure virgin when meeting Kirito (but that's changed now), has perfect looks, and she devotes most of her time being or wanting to be with Kirito. Oh, also, most importantly, she becomes a damsel in distress for the protagonist to rescue.
I know you guys have different tastes (and even I for one don't care much about her), but girls like Asuna do seem to be written as the ideal trophy waifu.
emobuttercupFeb 16, 2015 4:30 PM
I'd go with emobubbles, but someone else already had it, damn bastard.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 16, 2015 4:13 PM

Jul 2014
Completely subjective.
Feb 16, 2015 4:14 PM

Sep 2014
this made me want to finally give SAO a try
Feb 16, 2015 4:15 PM

Oct 2012
KLKfanboy said:

Don't, Asuna is trash.
Feb 16, 2015 4:15 PM
Feb 2014
something u put ur head on at night

aint no way they aint gettin their filthy ass hands on irl grills
Feb 16, 2015 4:16 PM

Oct 2014
This is seriously gonna be different for just about everyone. I like a mixture of innocence and quirkiness but the next guy probably likes something totally different
chuunijanaiFeb 16, 2015 4:20 PM
Feb 16, 2015 4:18 PM

Mar 2014
Long hair
Twintails
Pettanko
Feb 16, 2015 4:21 PM

Nov 2011
I hate this thread.
Feb 16, 2015 4:23 PM

Oct 2012
High Quality Engrish.
Feb 16, 2015 4:23 PM
Feb 2014
Waifu_Strangler said:
I hate this thread.

Responses aren't required.
Feb 16, 2015 4:24 PM

Dec 2012
Pretty much what you just described OP, only the first and foremost trait they desire is submission. A girl can be strong, independent, picture perfect. But she has to be submissive to the man in her life.

TheRealNico said:
Waifu_Strangler said:
I hate this thread.

Responses aren't required.
This is MAL, people will even write "I don't care" in a topic that doesn't concern them.
Feb 16, 2015 4:24 PM

Feb 2015
Asuna is a very good example, but I would look for someone more like Holo. She talks to you in a practical manner that doesn't show signs of really being in love, but when she want's to be intimate, she can. She's the kind of companion that wants to actually assist you, and I think that's a better perk than just being able to cook (which is a really good skill BTW). Plus, Horo has a tail. I love furies.

Holo is a cute character that lives more like a real person that a trophy wife, and she definitely wont simply submit to you; I like it better that way, it makes our relationship feel real.
Talidin1337Feb 16, 2015 4:30 PM
Feb 16, 2015 4:26 PM

Feb 2015
Greenward said:
KLKfanboy said:

Don't, Asuna is trash.

Screw you. No offence.

Jan 2008
Feaor said:
High Quality Engrish.

#teamchitoge

Dec 2013
Shadow-Senpai said:
Completely subjective.
Feb 16, 2015 4:27 PM

Oct 2014
Waifu_Strangler said:
I hate this thread.

youre not waifu_strangler for nothing
Feb 16, 2015 4:29 PM

Oct 2013
Shadow-Senpai said:
Completely subjective.

No shit.
Feb 16, 2015 4:29 PM

Jan 2013
Talidin1337 said:
Asuna is a very good example, but I would look for someone more like Holo. She talks to you in a practical manner that doesn't show signs of really being in love, but when she want's to be intimate, she can. She's the kind of companion that wants to actually assist you, and I think that's a better perk than just being able to cook (which is a really good skill BTW). Plus, Horo has a tail. I love furies.

Holo's a tsundere and Asuna is shit. What you look for in a waifu is completely subjective, you can't expect everyone to like the same shitty waifu.
Feb 16, 2015 4:32 PM
Feb 2014
asuna wasn't shit to begin with it was kirito that made her shit

srsly fuck kirito man id kick his puzzy azz if he came up to me
Feb 16, 2015 4:34 PM

Sep 2014
Bon-chan:

Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past."
Feb 16, 2015 4:38 PM

Feb 2015
Rance-sama said:
Talidin1337 said:

Holo's a tsundere and Asuna is shit. What you look for in a waifu is completely subjective, you can't expect everyone to like the same shitty waifu.

Which is why I wasn't saying that this is everyone's standards, just mine. Also, I agree this thread is subjective, but since when do girls not talk about what they want in a guy? If someone made a thread about what makes perfect husbando, you would get a large amount of equally subjective comments except only by Females, and that would be acceptable; normal even.

The problem isn't the fact that we "the males" are being subjective to women, but is actually the fact that we aren't allowed to do this just because we are Males.

In all honesty, I would like to read a forum of Husbando comments, see what girls actually want in a guy.
Feb 16, 2015 4:39 PM

Jan 2014
Paul said:

#teamchitoge

You sir deserve a hug :)

Feb 16, 2015 4:42 PM
Mar 2014
large breasts OR blonde hair OR loli. personality doesn't usually come into it, but when it does, the character is usually a -dere. it's a shallow matter.

any character with at least one of these traits is guaranteed to be popular. bonus points if you use 2 at once (see: shinobu from monogatari).
Feb 16, 2015 4:44 PM

Aug 2013
Is this going to turn into another episode of Waifu Wars?

Waifu_Strangler said:
I hate this thread.

Of course you do. You are the Waifu Strangler!
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Feb 16, 2015 4:44 PM

Feb 2015
vodall said:
large breasts OR blonde hair OR loli. personality doesn't usually come into it, but when it does, the character is usually a -dere. it's a shallow matter.

any character with at least one of these traits is guaranteed to be popular. bonus points if you use 2 at once (see: shinobu from monogatari).

Funny thing is, I've never been fond of large breasts, and I don't know why other people are.
Feb 16, 2015 4:47 PM

Sep 2014
Cross between a Kuudere and a Moe because then she can be secretly a mahou shoujo or an aidoru, which also means she is daring and very kawaii. She will not be a tsundere and will be near-loli-tier.

She will be spontaneous and will love everything. She will be unique and will acknowledge her weirdness. She will be a great actor and will know and be able to act out all the anime girl stereotypes to a T. She will love all sports except golf, and will love to be around and will love animals. She won't be afraid to jump into danger, and won't think much about death. She will have average sizes, and won't care what others think about her, not about what males her age like.

She will be a bisexual, and will not be scared to watch Yaoi or have yuri sex with me in the bathtub.

In short, my best best friend :DDDDD
The sun is a deadly laser
Feb 16, 2015 4:52 PM

Feb 2015
Rance-sama said:
Talidin1337 said:

"Tsundere (ツンデレ ?, pronounced [tsɯndeɽe]) is a Japanese character development process that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time." -Google Definition-

"Cold" and "Hostile" is the last thing I'd use to describe Holo. She does warm up to Lawrence through the duration of the story, but she isn't rude to him in their first meeting. Her presence feels more like she was interested in Lawrence, or maybe considering all the years she's lived she's just at a level of maturity where she can't be rude unless you are being a complete moron.

Holo isn't like a typical Happy-Bunny waifu that does anything you say with a cute smile, she's more real than that. I don't even want a Happy-Bunny waifu, it would seem too fake.
Talidin1337Feb 16, 2015 4:57 PM
Feb 16, 2015 4:58 PM

Oct 2013
SomeLife said:
Chitanda Eru

She looks so plain and forgettable; if I were to cosplay her, i'd just look like myself.
vodall said:

I'm glad you understand this thread and are giving speculations on what might be liked by the masses instead of a personal opinion on what you like.
Feb 16, 2015 4:59 PM

Dec 2013
The more unrealistic, the better.
Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
Feb 16, 2015 5:00 PM

Oct 2012
Waifu_Strangler said:
I hate this thread.
Not understanding the love and purity of waifus, get a load of this guy.

Feb 16, 2015 5:12 PM

Feb 2015
Shrabster said:
Waifu_Strangler said:
I hate this thread.

Right!
Feb 16, 2015 5:13 PM
Feb 2014
Shrabster said:
Waifu_Strangler said:
I hate this thread.

Your shitty taste suggests otherwise. Get on his level, yo
Feb 16, 2015 5:26 PM

Sep 2014
A yandere, then *looks over at Yuno in top 30*
Feb 16, 2015 5:26 PM

Feb 2015
TheRealNico said:
Shrabster said:

Your shitty taste suggests otherwise. Get on his level, yo

I'm getting that quite often actually, nobody likes my taste.
Feb 16, 2015 5:29 PM

Mar 2014
TheRealNico said:

Lol you wouldn't do shit lil nigga.
Feb 16, 2015 5:33 PM

Oct 2012
Talidin1337 said:
I'm getting that quite often actually, nobody likes my taste.
Its probably because Kirito isn't the most popular of characters around here.
Feb 16, 2015 5:33 PM

Dec 2013
Waifusexual said:
TheRealNico said:

Kirito is too op for anyone to do anything against him lol
Feb 16, 2015 5:46 PM

Oct 2013
G_Spark233 said:
Waifusexual said:

Kirito: a Japanese boy in a nerve gear headset. Take that off and what is he?
Feb 16, 2015 5:57 PM

Feb 2015
G_Spark233 said:
Waifusexual said:

Only in that respective universe. Within the rules of the game, he is one of the strongest players in existence. Take him outside of the game or put him into a different universe (like DBZ), he'll be crushed in seconds.
Feb 16, 2015 6:06 PM

Sep 2013
She has to be a virgin ;)
I don't want no slut.
Feb 16, 2015 6:39 PM

Oct 2013
ichii_1 said:
I don't want no slut.

Would you still consider her a slut if she had a boyfriend before and had sex with him once during the time they were together?
Feb 16, 2015 6:51 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
The ideal waifu is obviously any 2D character because said 2D characters can't reject anyone.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Feb 16, 2015 7:06 PM

Sep 2014
Apart from being OP, Kirito is kawaii~Bishie material~

Should put him in a shoujo manga and watch what happens. I can't help but fangasm everytime I see his design @_@
Feb 16, 2015 7:08 PM

Feb 2015
mira-nyan said:
Apart from being OP, Kirito is kawaii~Bishie material~

Should put him in a shoujo manga and watch what happens. I can't help but fangasm everytime I see his design @_@

Glad someone here likes Kirito besides me.
Feb 16, 2015 7:11 PM

Feb 2013
No such thing. either she's Ideal, or she's a waifu

emobuttercup said:
Would you still consider her a slut if she had a boyfriend before and had sex with him once during the time they were together?

Does'nt matter, she's still been defiled

Waifusexual said:
Long hair
Twintails
Pettanko

I know someone like that......
King_of_HereticsFeb 16, 2015 7:15 PM
Feb 16, 2015 7:20 PM

Oct 2013
Hand_of_the_King said:

emobuttercup said:

Does'nt matter, she's still been defiled

Last time I checked, the hand of the king slept with a whore
Feb 16, 2015 7:24 PM

Sep 2013
emobuttercup said:
ichii_1 said:
I don't want no slut.

Yes, she's been tainted with another man's semen, you might as well go gay.
Feb 16, 2015 7:26 PM

Nov 2008
ichii_1 said:
emobuttercup said:

I feel bad for the poor dear, she's still wonderful after only having sex just once.

Feb 16, 2015 7:29 PM

Oct 2014
ichii_1 said:
emobuttercup said:

harsh
Feb 16, 2015 7:30 PM

Jan 2008
ichii_1 said:
emobuttercup said:

What if she was virgin but not anal virgin?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

113 by DigiCat »»
1 minute ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

29 by Daviljoe193 »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - 4 hours ago

24 by luckyrune »»
6 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

68 by DigiCat »»
12 minutes ago

» For those who ever rewatch anything, are there any anime you can't really casually rewatch in whole or in part due to intensity?

WatchTillTandava - 2 hours ago

5 by Nirinbo »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.