3It was OK
8.1%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
1.6%
Average 4.5
62 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2009 5:55 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ending was nice and strange at the same time. Dudes starting to come to terms with his feelings, but i think that hug kinda caught her off guard after what he said, so she pushed him away. Either way their bond is strengthening, slowly.
Sep 26, 2010 7:03 PM

Jun 2010
Good ep... The ending really made me think differently about this anime.
Dec 1, 2010 12:16 PM

Feb 2010
One of the strongest eps so far....

They both are starting to be somewhat honest in their actions...
Dec 6, 2010 7:39 PM
Jul 2018
wow intense..i like it
Dec 16, 2010 10:09 PM
Dec 2010
The confrontation between Koushiro and Nanoka at the end of this episode is a MAJOR turning point for the series. It's also one of the most intensely dramatic and heartbreaking scenes I've ever seen in anything, live-action or anime/manga.

Playing "Kanashiki Omoi" over the hug scene only enhances the effect T-T
"I... don't need anything else...if you don't need anything else."
Jan 29, 2012 4:42 PM

Jan 2012
the ending of the this episode was one the hardest/yet most heartbreaking scenes I've had to watch so far in anime... this series is hard to watch but is so enthralling, its actually quite scary how much it affects you, its really believable, and i felt on the verge of tears :(

they both seem to adknowledge how there feeling... and the suspense is just slowly rising everytime, i love how this has been directed!
Nov 7, 2012 12:36 PM

Sep 2011
Its nice that shes starting to grow feelings for him. I was worried this was going to be some sort of one-sided pedo-incest love from the brothers side.
Jul 16, 2013 11:51 PM

Dec 2012
Everything about that ending scene in Koshiro's room was tense and powerful. Gently touching Nanoka's face, hugging her, he wants to love her back but he knows what it means to do so. I hope they can finally be completely honest with each other and decide whether they want to stay siblings or follow their hearts.
ZekkenshinJul 16, 2013 11:58 PM
Sep 11, 2013 2:16 PM

Sep 2012
Things are moving forward. Can't wait to watch the next episode.
Sep 12, 2013 9:46 PM

Jul 2009
wtf. did she just say she LOVES him? felt out of the blue for me. like, ya but love? heh? are they on the same page? lol
Oct 1, 2013 1:39 PM

Jun 2013
Id say that this was probably the best and most dramatic eoisode so far :) As usual though i loved it :)
Jan 23, 2014 4:55 PM

May 2012
Damn wonderful episode, especially that ending damn well this sure is going to be an incest fest :p Let's see what's next!
Feb 13, 2014 8:43 AM

Jan 2009
1. been watching the english dubbed version. everytime nanoha says "i love u", it feels so intense, especially in that bedroom scene. felt like they were really gonna "cross the family lines."

2. love how the brother denies his urges and tries to be the big bro
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Feb 25, 2014 8:48 AM

Mar 2013
Warning- A rant about the last scene in the episode without knowing the manga or the conclusion of the series and the resolution to the incident.

An intense scene, no doubt about it. I watched in japanese w/subtitles, and usually understand a fair amount even w/o the subtitles, however i was confused a bit about what he was saying out loud and what he was thinking. I initially couldn't determine if all of it his lines were the thoughts running through his mind, or if nearly everything was said aloud, or the more likely mix of the two with a rebuke to her and him protesting his own words in his mind. I tuned into the english dub for the first time to see their take on it, and was VERY surprised to see their interpretation of things. Usually i despise when dubs take liberty with scripts, but in this case the lines "I, Big Brother, I'm Falling in -- I'm Falling in Love with you" seemed to be enlightening and possibly accurate. In japanese all she says is "Suki", which can be vague since thats the same type of wording for love that she used earlier in the show to represent normal sibling love. I was able to figure out what he said aloud, namely the normal morale protests, and the battle in his mind, namely wishing he wasn't saying those words which weren't what he truly felt. So in that regard the dub was helpful, as was rewatching the scene to be certain.

I'm still not a 100% sure if she was in effect confessing in Japanese, although it seems unlikely (hopefully) that the English dub would screw up the interpretation that catastrophically. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he was misunderstanding things, and that her intentions and feelings were more innocent in nature. On the one hand he has a super Kawaii imouto laying on his bed, so its natural for his fantasies to run wild and project the hope that she was orchestrating some form of seduction. On the other hand when he hugs her to him her first reaction shouldn't be to run off and get away, since clearly his action conflicted with his rebuke and rejection moments before, which if she loved him romantically should be a pretty big indication of his feelings and remorse for his harsh words . Following this reasoning, If she WASN'T confessing, but rather mainly stating her love as siblings, then her actions would make perfect sense. In the "she wasn't confessing scenario" He rants a rebuke that to her would be completely out of place and creepy, since he is misinterpreting her intentions, and is in effect calling her a Bro-con. This also means that since thats the first thing that he spouted, he must be sharing some similar thoughts, or at the least that similar train of thought is what he himself is battling to come to grips with. To then compound that with the unprecedented and completely out of character hug/cling, it would make sense that she would pull away and be frightened.

In short it seems the general consensus is that she was confessing, and perhaps the resolution in the forthcoming episodes make that abundantly clear. However this is at the least a confusing scene that can easily be interpreted another way, especially if this was the final episode and the end of the manga, which would prevent future input from being proof.

Edit-

In turns out it was a confession, and i saw different subtitles that had the line as "It turns out brother that I'm in love with you" . The subtitles by anime.fin are CRIMINALLY bad here, with the very vague "I.. Brother.. Love You" which is inconclusive, especially relative to the other sub and the english dub.
SlickDFeb 25, 2014 10:04 AM
Dec 14, 2014 5:30 PM

Sep 2014
That ending was really heartbreaking. They can't be brother and sister, they can't be lovers. They should at least be happy.
Dec 3, 2015 12:37 PM

Nov 2015
that ending made me cry more than i wanted :(
Apr 16, 2016 7:43 AM

Jun 2013
this is getting weird
Jul 4, 2016 10:24 PM

Apr 2014
Damn it, they just need to be honest with each other. Nanoka is trying really hard coping with her feelings that she knows are severely looked down upon by society but Koshiro just stomped on her heart by calling her weird. He even likes her too and was the first person to show his feelings. Regardless if they actually decide to go against society and develop an intimate relationship, Koshiro is a hypocrite, and made his sister feel really disgusted with herself.

This show is really quite unique in many regards, and I think is an accurate representation of how something like this might play out in the real world, people do often say very hurtful things that are really the opposite of how they really feel just because they are embarrassed.

So far this is a solid 9/10

Sep 5, 2016 3:48 PM

Oct 2012
I didn't start watching this anime expecting a normal sibling relationship, but there are moments where I sometimes wish that this were an anime about a brother and a sister re-kindling a long lost bond after not having seen each other in 10 years rather than full blown incest as the romantic bond this show is trying to set up between these two feels a little forced as if they're being pushed together for the sake of the plot.

Though while I felt the development of their relationship wasn't great, I did like the way the anime handled things between the two this episode. It's very honest.
Nov 25, 2017 7:44 AM
Jan 2017
Best episode of the series so far..I have watched many anime melodrama but this is only 2nd series after welcome to NHK which has managed to bring tears to my eyes.
Mar 17, 2018 8:40 PM

May 2010
For the first time in the series Koshiro acts like a decent human being, or, at least, potential boyfriend... That scene made me skip a beat, won't lie. Still, I do think that for Nanoka it's just longing for mature, older and manly guy, and from Koshiro I suspect mainly high sexual tension and some loli-preferences... but I have to see the rest of episodes to decide for sure.
Sep 27, 2019 12:43 PM

Jan 2016
"Do you want to sleep with me?"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

And she finally expressed how she felt
Mar 15, 2022 12:58 PM

Jun 2020
Yep.... The triggers are building up... I am expecting a crescendo in the final set of episodes.
Jun 13, 2022 5:24 AM

Dec 2009
The suspense that's building up slowly but steadily makes the anime good. In fact nothing really happens that could be triggering for anyone, but the constant emotional monologues and denials to convince themselves what they're feeling is wrong make the show sweet. And sinful. I assume nothing will happen at the end, but still hoping for the best. Even if the "best" is incest... Hehe.
Jan 9, 2023 3:37 AM

May 2018
Okay, it's happening.

Can't believe it's finally happening.

More topics from this board

» That scene surprised me...

KietaTeenRomance - Apr 12

0 by KietaTeenRomance »»
Apr 12, 7:25 PM

» What were your problems with Koi Kaze?

removed-user - Nov 20, 2016

16 by zharth »»
Oct 21, 2023 12:48 PM

Poll: » Koi Kaze Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kisami - Jan 25, 2009

183 by oyabuntaro »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:25 PM

Poll: » Koi Kaze Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

rreggiebryant1 - Sep 1, 2009

57 by MrYandereFan26 »»
Aug 16, 2023 4:37 AM

» Should I watch Koi Kaze's English dub or Japanese original?

SigTheSauceMan - Mar 8, 2018

4 by WatchTillTandava »»
Jun 30, 2023 1:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.