Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2015 5:29 AM
Mar 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh. Minor character development. Interesting as always. I'm kind of surprised that Yotsuba was an idol as well, but I suppose it makes sense given where he's working..

Not a fan of the Pop'N Bubbles song, but that The Little Mermaid coord looks great!
Feb 15, 2015 7:56 AM

Jan 2012
Bepp getting outclassed and put in place once again. C'mon man! Gotta bring the heat like your fellow students and acquaintances.

And I thought that other episode from earlier this season was loaded with chocolate. Goodness gracious! Very curious to know the total weight of all the goods...
Feb 15, 2015 12:04 PM

Jan 2013
That was a nice episode. So Yotsuba-san was an idol as well. I mean, he's good-looking and working in an idol academy.
It was really nice to see his fans caring for him even after he quit being an idol.
And Nao-kun got the most chocolate. ^^

Mar 8, 2015 5:02 PM

Jan 2009
Probably the worst episode of 2015… am I the only one who doesn't care about yotsuba?

5/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Mar 12, 2015 9:48 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
StyleF1re said:
Bepp getting outclassed and put in place once again. C'mon man! Gotta bring the heat like your fellow students and acquaintances.

And I thought that other episode from earlier this season was loaded with chocolate. Goodness gracious! Very curious to know the total weight of all the goods...

The episode lacked Aoi's "Odayaka Janai" line. I mean mountain of chocolate, it's a "Odayaka janai" moment, especially when Yotsuba-san said he used to be an idol. Oh well, I guess Kirayaism needed to recharge.

That chef was quiet and all but boy did he come packed with history on his resume. An idol for a brief period of time. I can see how he likes making his idols happy with his cooking.

Strawberry-chan interviewing Yotsuba was great. He gave a great speech for his followers.

Darn, Bepp gets outshined by rock star kid and even Idol Chef lol. Hilarious how Orihime teased Bepp-sensei xD
Juri's new cord looked great. Didn't really like Hinaki's cord, too colorful imo.

I give the episode a 4.5/10
Would've been perfect if Aoi gave the episode her touch.

Mar 16, 2015 9:21 PM

Jul 2008
I don't really get why the MCs were Ichigo, Sakura, and Otome. Why not Powa Powa Puririn? Where was Shion?

Yurika receiving chocolates in the shape of a coffin was a nice touch.

Poor Johnny-sensei~ He is the least popular male at Starlight.

I am not really against learning more about Yotsuba-san, but there was a lot of other stuff I wanted to see in this episode that I didn't get to. For example, why bother to include Raichi and Noelle at all if we aren't going to see him giving Aoi his chocolates? Also, why show Vivid Kiss's designer showing up to give Hinaki the dress, but Juri just happens to have a mermaid themed one? lol

The insert song was nice, but it didn't feel very Valentines-y, and it didn't really mesh with the episode at all. It just seemed like they were like oh shit the episode is almost ever we need to throw in a song.
Mar 1, 2016 8:26 PM

Apr 2012
So the janitor is a rock star and the chef is a former idol.
So... even applying for non-idol related work in Starlight, you're required to have idol experience. sure.

Also I'm quite surprised Aoi, the Idol Professor, didn't know that the chef was a former idol (or maybe she did, she just didn't want to say it for some reason?)
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Apr 11, 2018 6:30 AM

Jul 2015
Yotsuba focused episode! IIRC we started seeing him when the focus switched to Akari, it's nice that he got a chance to shine, having people remembering him after a long time is heartwarming.

Johnny Beep losing it with the chocolates was hilarious, the girls who gifted them to him clearly have the best taste.
May 3, 2020 10:10 PM

Feb 2013
so there IS male idols. Even though we have not seen one live on stage yet
<-click
Sep 14, 2021 9:27 AM

Feb 2020
Sweet Valentine's Day episode.

I really wanted Yotsuba to perform instead of the girls, lol. It would have been something surprising and refreshing.

Hinaki and Juri were beautiful together on stage. I also liked the song "Poppin' Bubbles."

SerafosMar 2, 9:01 AM
Sep 29, 2022 6:03 AM

Dec 2012
These little detours for lesser known support characters are where Aikatsu's heartwarming charm really shines through the most. It constantly conveys that feeling that one doesn't need to be an idol to pursue & share happiness in the same way. Idols are simply there to help connect different walks of life in a common optimism.
Dec 4, 2023 12:47 PM
Dec 2023
This was a great episode, loved learning more about newcomer Yotsuba. I swear it feels like every teacher at Starlight was an idol at some point XD

Okay but can we just talk about how it's the Valentine's episode, and they had Hinaki and Juri perform together for it? This show is up to something, I swearrrr

ALSO JOHNNY ONLY GETTING LIKE 5 VALENTINES AND NAOTO HAVING LIKE 50 MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD LMAO

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 5 Discussion

Blackbird - Nov 5, 2012

16 by daiyoukai »»
Apr 14, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 76 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Apr 3, 2014

16 by Edocchi »»
Apr 4, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 22 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Mar 12, 2013

14 by Sylicone »»
Apr 3, 4:24 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 70 Discussion

Zaraquiel99 - Feb 21, 2014

13 by aloradear »»
Feb 20, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 178 Discussion

megmica - Mar 31, 2016

37 by VivaceRex »»
Feb 17, 2:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.