Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 14, 2015 12:29 PM

Oct 2014
Aomine or Akashi?

I would say that Aomine can win, because Akashi's skill is just working with eye contact. And if I remember correctly Aomine stopped Kuroko once with closed eye's. So that could be his trump card.

So what do you think ?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 14, 2015 12:32 PM
Jun 2014
Akashi most certainly
Feb 14, 2015 12:47 PM
Apr 2014
Akashi's skill doesn't require eye contact at all, where did even you get that.

Aomine could (not likely) win due to his superior strength and agility, but Rakuzan would still beat all the shit out of Too.
Feb 14, 2015 12:48 PM

Jan 2012
Akashi

Feb 14, 2015 12:49 PM

Oct 2014
gghelis said:

Aomine could (not likely) win due to his superior strength and agility, but Rakuzan would still beat all the shit out of Too.

I mean his command skill.
Feb 14, 2015 12:53 PM
Apr 2014
RaKana said:
gghelis said:

What command skill? He's obeyed because he's... well, badass and all that.
If you mean that people fall when he tells them to, that's not because of eye contact either. That's not even a separate skill. He just uses his "predicting" ability to move in a way that makes his opponents lose balance. All the "my orders are absolute" stuff is not boasting, it's just mere stating of a fact.
Feb 14, 2015 1:18 PM

Oct 2014
gghelis said:
RaKana said:

If you mean that people fall when he tells them to, that's not because of eye contact either. That's not even a separate skill. He just uses his "predicting" ability to move in a way that makes his opponents lose balance. All the "my orders are absolute" stuff is not boasting, it's just mere stating of a fact.

Oh I was thinking that Akashi intimidate his "victim" by looking into his eye's :D But I still think Aomine will win. possible that Aomine is so fast that even if Akashi know what Aomine do Akashi can't stop him.
Feb 14, 2015 1:22 PM
Apr 2009
Akashi will win.

But cmon dude... I know that KnB is not the most realistic show around but still it's not like Akashi can really see the future or use some hypnosis shit. He just analizes his opponent's body structure on a physical level to the pont he can predict his next move with 100% accuracy. When u see him anklebreaking he's dribbling his way forward cutting it in the the position where his opponents will fall due to inertia. (watch some nba videos about that move) And well... overall he's insanely skilled and smart (even though he's a psycho)
pivo2Feb 14, 2015 1:29 PM
Feb 14, 2015 1:30 PM

Oct 2014
pivo2 said:
Akashi will win.

But cmon dude... I know that KnB is not the most realistic show around but still it's not like Akashi can realy see the future or use some hypnosis shit. He just analizes his opponent's body structure on a physical level to the pont he can predict his next move with 100% accuracy. When u see him anklebreaking he's dribbling his way forward cutting it in the the position where his opponents will fall due to inertia. (watch some nba videos about that move) And well... overall he's insanely skilled and smart (even though he's a psycho)

I have never said that Akashi can see the future... and I know that move but I thought that Akashi combine that move with his scary Eye's :D
Feb 14, 2015 1:46 PM

Jul 2013
pivo2 said:
Akashi will win.

But cmon dude... I know that KnB is not the most realistic show around but still it's not like Akashi can really see the future or use some hypnosis shit. He just analizes his opponent's body structure on a physical level to the pont he can predict his next move with 100% accuracy. When u see him anklebreaking he's dribbling his way forward cutting it in the the position where his opponents will fall due to inertia. (watch some nba videos about that move) And well... overall he's insanely skilled and smart (even though he's a psycho)

Finally someone understands, and i agree with you (except for this psycho part)
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Feb 14, 2015 1:56 PM

Jan 2015
They both can win and there could be a tie too.
[/center] [/center]
Feb 14, 2015 4:04 PM

Apr 2013
I could see Aomine in the zone being too fast for Akashi to react to him even by predicting his next move. That is if Akashi doesn't have other hidden moves to show...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Feb 14, 2015 4:17 PM

Dec 2013
Obviously Akashi because of plot!
Feb 14, 2015 4:53 PM

May 2010
G_Spark233 said:
Obviously Akashi because of plot!

this.
Feb 14, 2015 5:05 PM

Jun 2014
Aomine because of his unorthodox style of play.
Feb 14, 2015 5:29 PM

Mar 2012
Eye contact? He is probably even capable of doing ankle breakers while with his eyes closed... I don't even know where you got the eye contact thing, it makes no sense.

Definitely Akashi, he can make ankle breakers when he feels like to, he is in a whole different level than the others. He's truly the most overpowered character ever, he is overpowered even among other overpowered characters.
Well, maybe Aomine would be able to battle with his Zone mode, but I still think he'd lose since his Zone isn't as good as Kagami's.

Who read the manga will totally understand what I meant.

That's why he's so self-confident, because he knows he's a beast among the beasts.
Feb 14, 2015 5:32 PM

May 2010
Dragic1 said:

yes..if you disregard all the supernatural abilities.
Feb 14, 2015 5:57 PM

Jun 2014
Kerozinn said:
Dragic1 said:

yes..if you disregard all the supernatural abilities.

I didn't disregard Akashi's abilities at all, It's just emperor eye won't mean much in a 1on1 (as oppose to team play) since theirs more emphasis put on athleticism than awareness.
Feb 14, 2015 8:13 PM
Apr 2009
Dragic1 said:
I didn't disregard Akashi's abilities at all, It's just emperor eye won't mean much in a 1on1 (as oppose to team play) since theirs more emphasis put on athleticism than awareness.

pivo2Feb 14, 2015 9:31 PM
Feb 14, 2015 8:49 PM
Jul 2018
Are we talking current anime Akashi or Akashi with every ability revealed in the manga?
Feb 15, 2015 1:34 AM
Feb 2015
pivo2 said:
Akashi will win.

According to Murasakibara, his Emperor Eye can see the smallest details of a person's movements, including their breathing, heartbeat, sweat, muscle contractions, etc.. Ankle break only occurs when the opponent's center of gravity is on their pivot leg while they're turning. Players collapsing due to this rarely occurs under normal circumstances. However, with his Emperor Eye, Akashi can predict the moment his opponent is unbalanced, allowing him to perform this technique with little difficulty.
It was already explained in the manga, so Emperor eyes actually help him a lot to do an ankle break, so it's not like his dribbling and actual skills THAT great, he is just simply known where and when his opponent's balanced is off. Akashi would having a hard time/ would never be perform an anklebreaking if it's not his emperor eye help

So I choose Aomine over Akashi
Feb 15, 2015 2:58 AM

Jun 2009
I have my own theory. I think back in season 2 Aomine was still stronger then Akashi, however currently Akashi is stronger then Aomine.
Aomine was first person in the manga that could enter the zone and he was the ace back in Teiko. HOWEVER Akashi in the final match showed some broken shit.

So yeah, Akashi > Aomine
Feb 15, 2015 4:16 AM

Oct 2014
odelia_anna said:
pivo2 said:
Akashi will win.

According to Murasakibara, his Emperor Eye can see the smallest details of a person's movements, including their breathing, heartbeat, sweat, muscle contractions, etc.. Ankle break only occurs when the opponent's center of gravity is on their pivot leg while they're turning. Players collapsing due to this rarely occurs under normal circumstances. However, with his Emperor Eye, Akashi can predict the moment his opponent is unbalanced, allowing him to perform this technique with little difficulty.
It was already explained in the manga, so Emperor eyes actually help him a lot to do an ankle break, so it's not like his dribbling and actual skills THAT great, he is just simply known where and when his opponent's balanced is off. Akashi would having a hard time/ would never be perform an anklebreaking if it's not his emperor eye help

So I choose Aomine over Akashi

Thats what I have tried to say :D Not exactly the same but in this direction :D
Feb 15, 2015 4:18 AM

Oct 2014
TheGuilty said:
Are we talking current anime Akashi or Akashi with every ability revealed in the manga?

We are talking about the Anime !
Feb 15, 2015 4:23 AM

Mar 2013
Akashi doesn't require eye contact in order to foresee the movement of the opponent. It would probably be Rakuzan that would win. 1v1 is debatable. On one basket, Akashi, on two, I cannot tell.
Feb 15, 2015 4:30 AM

Oct 2014
But when you have closed eye's you don't react on the ankle breaking move. So its possible to stop that move, when Aomine does the same thing as against Kuroko :D
Feb 15, 2015 4:54 AM

Aug 2008
RaKana said:
gghelis said:

Oh I was thinking that Akashi intimidate his "victim" by looking into his eye's :D But I still think Aomine will win. possible that Aomine is so fast that even if Akashi know what Aomine do Akashi can't stop him.

LOL! What Akashi did is ankle breaking to make his opponent fell. You see that sometimes in NBA. The anime just make things over the top.

ZapredonFeb 15, 2015 5:05 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Feb 15, 2015 6:10 AM
Dec 2010
Akashi will win simply because Touou is not on the same level as Rakuzan. Both teams rely on the sheer talent of their players, and the talent in Rakuzan is simply far more than that in Touou.
Feb 15, 2015 8:38 AM

Nov 2014
If both play at full power akashi will beat aomine
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Feb 15, 2015 4:25 PM
Jul 2018
RaKana said:
TheGuilty said:

We are talking about the Anime !

But thats, like, sad. Like i have to severely reduce the Akashi's abilities I know of. Ok can Aomine use zone? If so, Aomine wins. If not, Akashi wins. Even if Aomine can use zone, if I talk manga feats with explanation, Akashi wins.
Feb 15, 2015 4:37 PM
Dec 2014
Kurorko no Basket started to become a bullshit.
Well after 2 splendid seasons it was to be expected that the 3rd will come up with a whole load of crap.

We're not watching basketball anymore but fights between supernatural beings. That's the shit that always happens in anime.
From a nice beginning it escalates to godly levels. The same shit happened in Naruto -> when Sasuke used Chidori we all were like "WOW so freaking cool!!!". And now, with a sword's slash he cuts a mountain -_-

...Pillaging moves so that the former users can't use them anymore?! Emperor eye that makes people shit their pants and fell to their knees?

Dafuq... :/
Feb 15, 2015 8:40 PM

Sep 2013
orario said:
Well after 2 splendid seasons it was to be expected that the 3rd will come up with a whole load of crap.

We're not watching basketball anymore but fights between supernatural beings. That's the shit that always happens in anime.
From a nice beginning it escalates to godly levels. The same shit happened in Naruto -> when Sasuke used Chidori we all were like "WOW so freaking cool!!!". And now, with a sword's slash he cuts a mountain -_-

...Pillaging moves so that the former users can't use them anymore?! Emperor eye that makes people shit their pants and fell to their knees?

Does that mean Aomine is better?
Feb 15, 2015 9:17 PM

Jan 2011
Simply going by their official stats, Akashi.
Feb 16, 2015 12:59 AM

Jun 2011
Based on hype, Akashi would take this.
Ability wise I'd like to think that Aomine is above Akashi. Aomine > Kagami after training for a bit after his loss.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 16, 2015 1:42 AM

Oct 2013
... We'd have to go through manga spoilers for my explanation, but I'd say Aomine, if he got back into shape. Otherwise, Akashi for sure.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Feb 16, 2015 3:07 AM
Dec 2014
Torrible said:
orario said:

Does that mean Aomine is better?

If you are going to take in account his supernatural abilities, Akashi is the strongest, too op.

But if you only care about basketball skills, Aomine is the best in the entire anime and it's also the coolest.

That irregular street style uhh <3
Feb 16, 2015 2:24 PM

Jun 2009
Predicting opponents next move based on muscle movements is not superpower.
Besides that Akashi is the strongest not because of his eyes, but because how he use them.
Feb 16, 2015 2:27 PM
Dec 2014
kronos7 said:
Besides that Akashi is the strongest not because of his eyes, but because how he use them.

Oh then why did Kagami fell like a duck on his butt?
Was it because Akashi predicted his movements by observing his muscles? -_-
Feb 16, 2015 3:16 PM

Jun 2009
It is just my assumption, but I think Kagami moved away just a little bit when Akashi placed hand on his shoulder and for a moment his center of gravity changed. Akashi used that in the same way he ankle breaks people and put him on the ground with ease.
Feb 22, 2015 7:42 AM
Mar 2014
Akashi
Mar 2, 2015 6:10 AM
Feb 2015
Aomine after he start training again
Apr 25, 2015 3:36 PM
Sep 2009
Akashi because we know he won last championship what means Aomine lost to somebody who is either Akashi or Murasakibara.
Apr 25, 2015 5:14 PM

Mar 2012
Akashi is just overpowered, he can predict the future and that's fucked up, no one would be able to beat him unless he can't keep up with the movements, the problem is that he can, he's really fast/quick, Aomine would only have a chance if he restarted training and got even faster than he already is, enough that Akashi wouldn't be able to keep up with his speed.
Apr 27, 2015 3:37 PM

Aug 2014
geralt said:
I could see Aomine in the zone being too fast for Akashi to react to him even by predicting his next move. That is if Akashi doesn't have other hidden moves to show...
Apr 27, 2015 5:01 PM

Jan 2013
Kise.
Apr 28, 2015 1:52 AM
Apr 2014
geralt said:

I guess it's not a spoiler to say that Akashi can go to the Zone too.
Jun 28, 2015 10:05 PM

Mar 2010
orario said:
kronos7 said:

Oh then why did Kagami fell like a duck on his butt?
Was it because Akashi predicted his movements by observing his muscles? -_-
this. HAhahahah
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2015 6:37 AM

Aug 2014
I thought that Aomine could be able to win. Sure, Akashi can predict the future. But seeing the future and being able to change the future are two different things. Aomine was supposedly the fastest member of the GoM. Even if Akashi can predict what Aomine would do, Aomine would still be too fast to be able to stop him.

At least, that's what I thought before season 3. But Akashi is the absolute, and probably just as fast as Aomine. Akashi will win.
Jun 29, 2015 11:59 AM

Dec 2014
We need to see Extra Game and how Aomine and Akashi performs at their peak.

In their current states via anime material, Akashi beats Aomine marginally.

Aomine's full potential actually hasn't been revealed yet since he supposedly starting practicing after the loss against Seirin.
Jul 1, 2015 6:39 PM
Apr 2015
The answer is obvious: Akashi would destroy Aomine
Fuck that Aomine training bullshit Kagami (zone) defended and scored against Aomine (zone). He litteraly beat him on a one-one. Akashi (no zone) with his emperor eye defended against Kagami (zone) and used ankelbreak to make him sitt on his ass without his zone.
Kagami ( deep zone)>akashi (no zone) when he created that ring defense akashi was inferior and overwhelmed.
Akashi (zone) made Kagami (deep zone) lay on the ground with his hand and knees and Aomine couldnt even get passed Kagami (zone) they nedded dome bullshit zone 2 to defeat akashi. Enough with the fanboys and look at the facts. Akashi would destroy Aomine.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 30, 2015

284 by Matchappie »»
Feb 26, 3:24 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

226 by Matchappie »»
Feb 26, 3:11 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

91 by Matchappie »»
Feb 25, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

136 by Matchappie »»
Feb 25, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

141 by Matchappie »»
Feb 25, 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.