Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Feb 14, 2015 6:05 PM

Kerozinn said:
this manga was never about realism no matter how you look at it and i didnt even mention realism. If you dont know what im talking about go reread some chapters of the final game to refresh your memory.it still was somewhat normal basketball at the beginning.
To a point and the natural progression is where we are now as the players get better and everything amps up. There's no returning to normalcy when someone takes a 94.5ft jumpshot. And seriously, what the hell are you talking about with Reo?

Feb 14, 2015 6:12 PM

Couldn't quite believe it when Akashi decided to shoot at his own basket, guess he was serious about the consequences if he lost. Them passes between Takao and Midorima were amazing though.

Feb 14, 2015 6:13 PM

Takao passing it to Midorima mid-air reminded me of Haikyuu's Tobio's passes to Hinata's spikes.

Feb 14, 2015 6:16 PM

They don't have ''powers'' let alone ''super powers''.

That dragnball super sayian meme shit is overused. 90% of the crazy abilities they have, is exaggerated things found in Basketaball, it is unrealistic, but it didn't touch the realm of impossibility and super powers that much, except for Kuroko.

Feb 14, 2015 6:28 PM

Super power is just the easy way of saying it, people will keep doing so as well, I know I will.

Anyway nice ep, Akashi is OP but he needs to be since he's the final boss. I'm not surprised to hear people talking about how the next 2 matches are disappointing, I've found as the series went on Seirin's matches got more predictable and somewhat boring other than a few parts of each match(Kagami vs. Aomine was cool). Plus, as they are in the next 2 I'm not expecting too much, especially as I'm assuming it'd require some pretty epic asspulls to win the final against Akashi and co.

Feb 14, 2015 6:36 PM

tsudecimo said:

That dragnball super sayian meme shit is overused. 90% of the crazy abilities they have, is exaggerated things found in Basketaball, it is unrealistic, but it didn't touch the realm of impossibility and super powers that much, except for Kuroko.

Some people probably still think the electricity from the eyes are real, Akashi can literally see the future, the entire Seirin team turned invisible during overflow (as opposed to one Touou player's attention being diverted at a time), and Himuro's shot can phase through solid matter.

Feb 14, 2015 6:38 PM

No sportsmanship from Akashi lol, dirty cunt.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 14, 2015 6:40 PM

Man you know that's some real nigga shit when somebody say's - "I Thought I Had Told You... I am The Absolute" and that's that good shit that my nigga Akashi brings to the table, I feel bad for Shūtoku lost even though Midorima put up a fight with his triumph card: Mid Air three but it was inevitable and know next week it's going to be "Kise Perfect Copy" VS Kagami Zone Destruction and I can't to see it in anime because it going to be lit unlike the manga because it doesn't have animation, Well till next time.
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02

Feb 14, 2015 7:26 PM

As soon as Midorima jumped without the ball in his hands, the quick pass into spike combo from Haikyuu instantly popped up into my mind and what do you know? That was exactly what happened :P

Feb 14, 2015 7:56 PM

Dat 12-0 run by Shutoku, a team with arguably the weakest GoM member. Rakuzan is strong, and they are not showing their true strength, but they are not so Godlike that they can beat a team like Shutoku without even sweating.

And bear in mind, the uncrowned kings didn't start playing up to their usual standards unlike Akashi gave them a verbal kick up their butts. Their lack of emotional resilience is evident in this episode. Even Otsubo was out rebounding and blocking the muscle dude for periods in the game. Just because one player is better doesn't mean that he will win out in every battle every time against his weaker matchup. It frustrated me that I had to keep pointing this out when the manga was ongoing.

The average quality of animation in this season is actually even better than last season's. I don't know if it is just the animation, or the editing or soundtrack, but even the normal plays seem so awesome to watch.

Ignore the manga people. The people complaining about ridiculous moves in the final are also the same ones complaining about the Kaijou match not being exciting enough. The normal basketball in the final was being used to bash the more "superpowered" moments, but somehow normal basketball wasn't good enough for them in the semi final. They just use whatever is convenient to bash the manga.

Feb 14, 2015 7:58 PM

Listening to the line "Gouge my eyes out" was so much better in the anime. Also, now that I think about Shutoku lost every single game against a team with a member of the generation of miracles, or tied.

As a side not, Emperor Eye needs to be nerfed so badly, way too OP.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."

Feb 14, 2015 8:29 PM

ph4zoN said:
Akashi's OST is so fucking epic.

This.

During episode 5, when we were shown Akashi's abilities, the music made it seem like a god had descended.

It sounds so epic.

Feb 14, 2015 8:34 PM

Whaaa, I'm a little upset Midorima lost after that awesome quick pass to shooting. It's like NBA Jam on steroids. But alas, we must see Akashi face Kuroko.

Feb 14, 2015 8:51 PM
Phoenix Wrong

Torrible said:
Dat 12-0 run by Shutoku, a team with arguably the weakest GoM member.

Damn, I never ever considered Midorima to be the weakest of the GoM. Infinite range 3 point shooting seriously would be the best offensive weapon in the game to have. Midorima is pretty underrated in regards to the other members.

Brilliant episode! The anime did not disappoint at all for one of the moves I had anticipated the most for this 3rd season! Very neat flashback with Takao and Midorima to set this combination play up well.

Haha, I forgot that Akashi scored in his own basket. Rakuzen definitely is fitting the bill as the final boss.

Feb 14, 2015 9:07 PM
XPwnDEnd said:

Damn, I never ever considered Midorima to be the weakest of the GoM. Infinite range 3 point shooting seriously would be the best offensive weapon in the game to have.

Well Kagami can stop it because his power is jumping. I bet Murasakibara can stop it too because he's 2+ meters and his power is strength and quick reflexes. = Kise can stop it too while using his perfect copy mode. (even though it lasts about 5 minutes) Akashi can stop it because... well because he's a god.

And with all those talks from Midorima like "It's not like I'm good only at shooting" lets face it and say that it's really only his shooting ability.

Feb 14, 2015 9:31 PM

Fkn amazing episode, best episode of the season thus far!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 14, 2015 9:54 PM

"I am absolute" - Akashi

Damn ... I feel so sorry for Midorima but Akashi was soo epic back there >_<

Next one ... Kaijou v Seirin !!

Feb 14, 2015 9:57 PM

XPwnDEnd said:
Torrible said:
Dat 12-0 run by Shutoku, a team with arguably the weakest GoM member.

Damn, I never ever considered Midorima to be the weakest of the GoM. Infinite range 3 point shooting seriously would be the best offensive weapon in the game to have. Midorima is pretty underrated in regards to the other members.

Brilliant episode! The anime did not disappoint at all for one of the moves I had anticipated the most for this 3rd season! Very neat flashback with Takao and Midorima to set this combination play up well.

Haha, I forgot that Akashi scored in his own basket. Rakuzen definitely is fitting the bill as the final boss.

Reasoning for Midorima being the weakest is this (GoM vs each other logic, anyway):

Vs. Akashi: No explanation needed.

VS. Murasakibara: Murasakibara could block his shots due to his height. Enough said.

Vs. Aomine: Aomine could likely block his shots as well considering there is only a two inch difference between the two in height. Even if he couldn't block his shots, he would still put up a massive fight with his own abilities and likely win on those alone. And if even that's not enough, he can enter the Zone. Win sealed.

Vs. Kise: This one is the most debatable. Same as with Aomine; Kise is only two inches shorter and could likely block Midorima's shots as well. If he couldn't, he would still be able to put up somewhat of a fight with standard moves he's copied from the players he's observed over time + in that very match. However, this likely wouldn't be enough. That's where Kise's "perfect copy" comes in. Even though it only lasts 5 minutes, it would likely prove to be devastating enough considering he could definitely block Midorima's shots with Murasakibara's block and would be able to shoot Midorima three's of his own to catch up and win. And if Midorima were to be able to stop Kise from shooting those three's, then Kise could use a certain other move that he has up his sleeve which has yet to be revealed in the anime. Click the spoiler at your own risk.
Modified by TheEnigmaticRR, Feb 14, 2015 10:15 PM

Feb 14, 2015 10:25 PM
Phoenix Wrong

RRokuro said:
XPwnDEnd said:

Reasoning for Midorima being the weakest is this (GoM vs each other logic, anyway):

VS. Murasakibara: Murasakibara could block his shots due to his height. Enough said.

Vs. Aomine: Aomine could likely block his shots as well considering there is only a two inch difference between the two in height. Even if he couldn't block his shots, he would still put up a massive fight with his own abilities and likely win on those alone. And if even that's not enough, he can enter the Zone. Win sealed.

Vs. Kise: This one is the most debatable. Same as with Aomine; Kise is only two inches shorter and could likely block Midorima's shots as well. If he couldn't, he would still be able to put up somewhat of a fight with standard moves he's copied from the players he's observed over time + in that very match. However, this likely wouldn't be enough. That's where Kise's "perfect copy" comes in. Even though it only lasts 5 minutes, it would likely prove to be devastating enough considering he could definitely block Midorima's shots with Murasakibara's block and would be able to shoot Midorima three's of his own to catch up and win. And if Midorima were to be able to stop Kise from shooting those three's, then Kise could use a certain other move that he has up his sleeve which has yet to be revealed in the anime. Click the spoiler at your own risk.

Fair enough. I never really thought too thoroughly about direct head-to-head match-ups in a 1 vs 1 situation. I think the main thing was that I sort of was thinking of the high value of shooting in real basketball relative to what it brings to a team, but that's pretty foolish to apply to this with some hindsight now. What I think would be truly interesting is to see Midorima vs Murasakibara/Kise/Aomine to see how he would truly adapt to them. But yeah, from the information we know, you make a very compelling case.
And don't worry, I'm already well acquainted with what's in that spoiler. :P

Feb 14, 2015 10:51 PM

XPwnDEnd said:
RRokuro said:

Fair enough. I never really thought too thoroughly about direct head-to-head match-ups in a 1 vs 1 situation. I think the main thing was that I sort of was thinking of the high value of shooting in real basketball relative to what it brings to a team, but that's pretty foolish to apply to this with some hindsight now. What I think would be truly interesting is to see Midorima vs Murasakibara/Kise/Aomine to see how he would truly adapt to them. But yeah, from the information we know, you make a very compelling case.

Understandable. In terms of value of shooting, Midorima is of course the most valuable through the perspective of amount of points that can be scored. Unfortunately though in the case of the GoM facing off against each other, he bites the dust. With Akashi being established as the best and Midorima (mostly) being established as the worst, the other three are extremely debatable. So much to the point where I don't even know if I want to think about it, haha.

Feb 14, 2015 11:04 PM
Phoenix Wrong

RRokuro said:
XPwnDEnd said:

Understandable. In terms of value of shooting, Midorima is of course the most valuable through the perspective of amount of points that can be scored. Unfortunately though in the case of the GoM facing off against each other, he bites the dust. With Akashi being established as the best and Midorima (mostly) being established as the worst, the other three are extremely debatable. So much to the point where I don't even know if I want to think about it, haha.

Yeah, in a direct face-off, Midorima hasn't really established anyway to gain the necessary separation to get off his shot against a good contest. While he may have the moves (fake to a stepback and such), they've never been shown, which is why I would love to see how he would do against Murasakibara/Aomine/Kise. Then again, he has played against Kagami and never used such moves, so it's probably alright to assume he doesn't really have that in his arsenal.
Haha, I still think Midorima is undervalued though since I feel his skillset potentially brings more to a team in general, but that's another argument that I don't really want to drag out. xP

Feb 14, 2015 11:05 PM

Akashi is too fucking BA in this episode. The Takao-Midorima combo reminded me of Haikyuu!!
Kaijo vs Seirin next week.

Feb 14, 2015 11:06 PM

Shimai_ni said:
This and the last episode were the best episodes so far.
Arcanix said:

And both are a bad joke, especially the final.

I agree. Enjoy the awesomeness while you still can.

Agreed. The last game was complete bullshit.

Feb 14, 2015 11:08 PM

Took like 1/3 of the episode for them to get to that Midorima/Takao secret technique, but the payoff was great. Too bad it just wasn't enough for Akashi.

Nice to see I.G. took their time with probably my favorite match of the whole 3rd season (from the manga), unless they managed to make the matches to come better than the manga.

NoongaJuice said:
What a beautiful episode! Now y'all know why Midorima's my fave GoM XD
Not yet,I truly come to love him after the Teikou flashback.

By the way, isn't Akashi supposed to "not break a sweat" in this match? I think I remember something like that from the manga.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Feb 14, 2015 11:23 PM
RRokuro said:
Akashi's character is quite over the top, to the point of cringe at times. There's a limit to that type of character when the story revolves around basketball, and that limit was crossed. Still, the episode was solid enough.

He really is cringe worthy. Seriously I don't get how he's supposed to be "bad ass". If somebody in real life said they would "gouge their eyes out" if they lost a basketball game and mean it, we would tell that person off to seek help and get to rehab.

Akashi is such a stupid character imo. He's more emo than anything. And a complete Lelouch wannabe. :P

Feb 14, 2015 11:28 PM

XPwnDEnd said:
RRokuro said:

Yeah, in a direct face-off, Midorima hasn't really established anyway to gain the necessary separation to get off his shot against a good contest. While he may have the moves (fake to a stepback and such), they've never been shown, which is why I would love to see how he would do against Murasakibara/Aomine/Kise. Then again, he has played against Kagami and never used such moves, so it's probably alright to assume he doesn't really have that in his arsenal.
Haha, I still think Midorima is undervalued though since I feel his skillset potentially brings more to a team in general, but that's another argument that I don't really want to drag out. xP

Agreed, he indeed seems a bit undervalued and it's also a shame he doesn't get as much appreciation as other GoM members in the community. It's interesting; of all of the GoM members, Midorima is the only one not to demonstrate any improvement whatsoever in terms of ability (Murasakibara excluded of course as he only played one game). His move with Takao is merely a clever trick and thus doesn't count as part of his ability, and before that he merely trained to improve his stamina. I wonder what the author's reasoning is for not allowing Midorima to improve. Perhaps it's because even the slightest addition would make him too powerful? One simple improvement that came to my mind is the ability for Midorima to shoot his three's with an altered or irregular form of some sort to counter against blocking. This could prove to be OP, however, and would increase his skill drastically. He certainly wouldn't be undervalued then, haha.

Feb 14, 2015 11:49 PM

well, their trump combo attack was pretty easily figured out

Feb 15, 2015 12:05 AM

naki12 said:
The episode was so EPIC I almost cried! Got sweaty, the chills through the body and heart racing doki doki all at the same time!

Geez, Midorima and Takao team work with that pass into three so BADASS!

And FINALLY someone actually gets up after falling down! Props to Midorima!

And Ootsubo blocked the dunk so amazing!! I was YES!!

But then Akashi blocked the pass from Takao OMG it was incredible!

The plays, man! The PLAYS!! GG well played both teams.

Your forum picture matches perfectly with your post.

Feb 15, 2015 12:11 AM
Phoenix Wrong

RRokuro said:
XPwnDEnd said:

Agreed, he indeed seems a bit undervalued and it's also a shame he doesn't get as much appreciation as other GoM members in the community. It's interesting; of all of the GoM members, Midorima is the only one not to demonstrate any improvement whatsoever in terms of ability (Murasakibara excluded of course as he only played one game). His move with Takao is merely a clever trick and thus doesn't count as part of his ability, and before that he merely trained to improve his stamina. I wonder what the author's reasoning is for not allowing Midorima to improve. Perhaps it's because even the slightest addition would make him too powerful? One simple improvement that came to my mind is the ability for Midorima to shoot his three's with an altered or irregular form of some sort to counter against blocking. This could prove to be OP, however, and would increase his skill drastically. He certainly wouldn't be undervalued then, haha.

You know, you're right about how Midorima hasn't really received a true new improvement. I feel like you're pretty much on the right track about how he would suddenly become OP with any adjustment to evade tenacious blockers (as that seems to be the main counter to his skill). Honestly, it shocks me to think that having unlimited range is considered the most underwhelming of the GOM. Having that skill is severely downplayed in this series and just simply undervalued by many in general; I've even heard a few people argue that Mibuchi is better than Midorima.

Feb 15, 2015 12:17 AM

So if Akashi loses in finals , will he take his eyeballs out ? :)

Feb 15, 2015 12:21 AM

I don't even care. Midorima proved to be a man, he's the person I respect the most in the gen. He and Aomine are my fav period.
Jaywalker.

Feb 15, 2015 12:37 AM

naki12 said:
The episode was so EPIC I almost cried! Got sweaty, the chills through the body and heart racing doki doki all at the same time!

Yeah, there are so many great moments in this episode. Midorima picking himself up and screaming "Akashi!" with that kickass music in the background has to be one of my favorite. Then you have the scene where Takao escaped the double team. After he shook his markers, the scene suddenly slowed down and then camera shifted to Midorima in mid-flight. The animators seem to be more creative and taking more pride in the animation this season (or maybe just more time and budget). The lightning dribble at the end, though brief, was awesome! Of course, the highlight of the episode, the Haikyuu!! move, was so much better than I had expected. My only and very minor quibble is that they are still a little lazy with the ankle-breaking.

Feb 15, 2015 12:56 AM

Wow, they actually showed Mayuzumi's eye :D

Also, two Kiyoshi/Izuki short conversations are using the exact same animation?
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
- T.Pratchett, "Jingo"

Feb 15, 2015 1:14 AM

Great episode, the out come was expected

Feb 15, 2015 1:19 AM

That moment when you hear the soundtrack and know shit is about to get real.

That epic combo was pure win... though you just need to block the pass to stop the combo. Still doesn't make it any less impressive than it already is.

I don't remember seeing Midorima shooting from a full court distance though, most of the time it's in the opponent's half I think.

Definitely an intense match. Seeing all the Shutoku members going all out was nice and my favourite moment was when Midorima got up after his ankle break, though I expected him to go into the Zone.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN

Feb 15, 2015 1:30 AM

chingira said:
My favorite scene when Akashi said, he would gouge his eyes out xD

nah, that was a terrible scene imo
they're trying too hard to make Akashi look cool, but it just ends up looking stupid

it's just fucking basketball... they're not professionals, just a school club.. and he will gouge out his own eyes? kk

furthermore.. Akashi always says these things himself: "I am above all" and all that shit.. what kind of "cool" character has to tell himself that all the time?

+ that scissor scene.. like an agry 12yo

they're really trying too hard with Akashi.. and that "Emperor Eye" is the dumbest shit of all the abilities in kuroko
blablabla he can see the future.. people constantly fall down before him

so dumb :/

Feb 15, 2015 1:40 AM

Torrible said:
tsudecimo said:

Some people probably still think the electricity from the eyes are real, Akashi can literally see the future, the entire Seirin team turned invisible during overflow (as opposed to one Touou player's attention being diverted at a time), and Himuro's shot can phase through solid matter.

^^^ Ikr... *Rolls eyes

Keneki said:
Shimai_ni said:
This and the last episode were the best episodes so far.

I agree. Enjoy the awesomeness while you still can.

Agreed. The last game was complete bullshit.

Agreed. Tokyo Ghoul was complete bullshit.

XPwnDEnd said:
RRokuro said:

You know, you're right about how Midorima hasn't really received a true new improvement. I feel like you're pretty much on the right track about how he would suddenly become OP with any adjustment to evade tenacious blockers (as that seems to be the main counter to his skill). Honestly, it shocks me to think that having unlimited range is considered the most underwhelming of the GOM. Having that skill is severely downplayed in this series and just simply undervalued by many in general; I've even heard a few people argue that Mibuchi is better than Midorima.

There's actually another post about this in some other thread... I might do some digging and PM you if I'm bothered.

Torrible said:
naki12 said:

Yeah, there are so many great moments in this episode. Midorima picking himself up and screaming "Akashi!" with that kickass music in the background has to be one of my favorite. Then you have the scene where Takao escaped the double team. After he shook his markers, the scene suddenly slowed down and then camera shifted to Midorima in mid-flight. The animators seem to be more creative and taking more pride in the animation this season (or maybe just more time and budget). The lightning dribble at the end, though brief, was awesome! Of course, the highlight of the episode, the Haikyuu!! move, was so much better than I had expected. My only and very minor quibble is that they are still a little lazy with the ankle-breaking.

While I do agree the animation has been amazing when it matters, there are some drawbacks to this- e.g. they recycled the same frames for Seirin's dialogue this game.

Epicenter said:
I don't even care. Midorima proved to be a man, he's the person I respect the most in the gen. He and Aomine are my fav period.

Der u go.

Also, H8ERS GONNA H8.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"

Feb 15, 2015 1:52 AM

Romeo said:
Akashi always says these things himself: "I am above all" and all that shit.. what kind of "cool" character has to tell himself that all the time?
How many times did Vegeta let us know he was the prince of all saiyans? He's still the badass by which all other badasses are to judged, and if I'm judging I'd say Akashi is pretty damn badass.

Feb 15, 2015 2:27 AM

Arcanix said:
Royal said:

There's like two games left.

And both are a bad joke, especially the final.

I actually think the next one is the worst.

Feb 15, 2015 2:50 AM

And the best game of the season is already over..... fuck.

musubime said:
Akashi Akashi ...why don´t you look for a tv work being a fortune teller ???
I guess he can´t predict everything...he must have a weak point,I´m waiting to see it...

That's something that the anime changed. Akashi can't see the future, except he has a very high level of perception which lets him see how the muscles are moving.

Feb 15, 2015 3:15 AM
MAYAZUMI'S FACE!!! OMG
I knew Rakuzan'll win, but till lat seconds I was enthustiastically cheering for Shutoku. And my gods, THE MUSIC. So motherfreakin' badass.

Feb 15, 2015 3:42 AM

Super tension! Amazing match. Akashi is way too smart, planning even the simple details that will have major effect in future! Thats really crazy!

Deep down, I really love Shutoku and wished they win :( They definitely gain my huge respect.

PS. Anime like kuroku no basket should be watched all in a row, waiting every week is just horrible :(

Feb 15, 2015 3:49 AM

holy shit, akashi is totally crazy. this match was pretty intense, but i kind of expected rakuzan to win. they're just too good :D

Feb 15, 2015 4:52 AM

Akashi is the boss.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.

Feb 15, 2015 5:51 AM

Dat Akashi OST, I want it :x

Feb 15, 2015 6:17 AM

Lol as I thought, Akashi steamrolled over Midorima. Though atleast he put up a decent fight. Let's see how the match between Kuroko and Kise turns out. Hoping for more OP super powers. :3

Feb 15, 2015 8:01 AM

Impressive! I never expect that from Akashi-san, and also Midorima-kun and Takao-kun with that precise pass, that was unexpected... :D
Maloween 2017
Main Candies

Feb 15, 2015 8:10 AM

Akashi is cool and all, I really do like his type of character, and the VA is a perfect fit for him, but the gouging his own eyes out thing was stupid. Can't argue with how good the music was.

Feb 15, 2015 8:33 AM

Akashi the boss. That own goal out of nowhere also surprise me.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.

Feb 15, 2015 8:36 AM

5/5 for emperor eye, atsushi badass.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »