Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Feb 14, 2015 10:21 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was intense. Akashi proves himself why people need to fear him with his Emperor's Eye. However, I also have to say that Midorima still has fight in him left with the way he played. I mean, those 3 pointers are something to keep an eye on.

But in retrospect, I'd have to say that Rakuzen was the Goliath of this match. And right now, they are only showing 4 of their most prominent players. I give a lot of credit for Midorima's team and their effort though for this match.

Feb 14, 2015 10:32 AM

Showing more of OnoD's character's everyday life, especially with Suzuki-san's character. They are like Haikyuu!! main guys, who were enemies in junior high, but happened to be in same team in highschool. The shooting skill with the perfect passing shocked HiroC's character. The teamwork is also perfect.

They cannot be in their fullest? Wait, HiroC's character's huge bet... That led the teammates to continue to pressure OnoD's character's team, who tried their best not to give up.

It seems like the main team is finally playing against Kimura-san's character next.
Modified by tsubasalover, Feb 14, 2015 11:45 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Feb 14, 2015 10:55 AM

After thinking about things....I think that this was probably the best game of the tournament or the most entertaining one

Feb 14, 2015 11:56 AM
Tokoya said:
After thinking about things....I think that this was probably the best game of the tournament or the most entertaining one

There's like two games left.

Feb 14, 2015 12:00 PM

Royal said:
Tokoya said:

And both are a bad joke, especially the final.

Feb 14, 2015 12:30 PM
My favorite scene when Akashi said, he would gouge his eyes out xD

Feb 14, 2015 12:35 PM
Akashi has proven himself to be a truly worthy final boss. I can't wait to see him play Kuroko.

Feb 14, 2015 12:35 PM
Arcanix said:
Royal said:

That's sad to hear. ;_;

Feb 14, 2015 12:44 PM

RIP Shutoku

all the Midotaka was nice tho
And i still don't like Akashi.

next week Kaijo...hypeeeee

Feb 14, 2015 12:58 PM

Arcanix said:
Royal said:

yep they are the worst of all matches. especially in the dragged out manga version.

Feb 14, 2015 1:21 PM

Akashi's OST is so fucking epic.

Feb 14, 2015 1:23 PM

best part of the episode hands down

Feb 14, 2015 1:42 PM

This and the last episode were the best episodes so far.
Arcanix said:
Royal said:

I agree. Enjoy the awesomeness while you still can.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.

Feb 14, 2015 2:14 PM

Akashi Akashi ...why don´t you look for a tv work being a fortune teller ???
I guess he can´t predict everything...he must have a weak point,I´m waiting to see it...
I miss kagami and kuroko playing heheh :D

Feb 14, 2015 2:19 PM

I knew Midorima and Takao would pull something like that, but then it was easy to figure out afterwards.

Now looking for Seirin vs. Kaijo. I really hope they flash the match in great animation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 14, 2015 3:02 PM

Catching the ball mid air and shooting it at the same time. That is difficult to do.

Feb 14, 2015 3:09 PM

Why i Cant find the Subs T_T

Feb 14, 2015 3:14 PM
aerithclode said:

http://www.masterani.me/

Feb 14, 2015 3:22 PM

aahhh Midorima and Takao's trump card was as awesome as I imagined. That teamwork. The flashback. Besides Akashi, I really enjoyed this game. Now for the aftermath ;^;

Feb 14, 2015 3:32 PM

It just keeps getting better and better. Despite knowing what happens, seeing it animated gives me the same sense of enjoyment and even more excitement than the manga. But I'm already getting a little sad that it'll all be over soon.

Feb 14, 2015 3:32 PM

What a beautiful episode! Now y'all know why Midorima's my fave GoM XD
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"

Feb 14, 2015 3:33 PM

It was kind of predictable, but enjoyed it nonetheless.

Feb 14, 2015 3:39 PM

[quote=tsubasalover They are like Haikyuu!! main guys, who were enemies in junior high, but happened to be in same team in highschool.[/quote]
^^ exactly my thoughts

Whoah....this episode,...THIS EPISODE. I loved it. I love how any of those characters can become your favourite . And how Kuroko had only 1 line here.
Anyway, I'm more than fond of flashbacks, and what's better than the very first meeting of your favurite couple? I didn't expect Takao's story. Interesting.
Well, Akashi...it was obvious he couldn't lose. Looking forward to the next episode.

Feb 14, 2015 3:40 PM

This match turned out to be one of my favourite in the series. Akashi managed not to let down even after all the build-up in the previous seasons and I really liked the focus on Shutoku's team, even outside of Midorima.

It's disappointing to read a lot of posts on how it'll go downhill after this, though. I hope the anime'll be able to turn out to be more enjoyable than the manga then.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...

Feb 14, 2015 3:41 PM

SO BADASS

next week's preview was funny.

Feb 14, 2015 3:43 PM

Royal said:
aerithclode said:

http://www.masterani.me/

Thank You~! <3 :))

Feb 14, 2015 3:51 PM

''I will gouge my eyes out and give them to you.'' lmfao i love you akashi

Feb 14, 2015 3:56 PM

Someone has been watching Haikyuu hahahaha

Feb 14, 2015 4:01 PM

geralt said:
This match turned out to be one of my favourite in the series. Akashi managed not to let down even after all the build-up in the previous seasons and I really liked the focus on Shutoku's team, even outside of Midorima.

It's disappointing to read a lot of posts on how it'll go downhill after this, though. I hope the anime'll be able to turn out to be more enjoyable than the manga then.
It depends on what people mean when they say downhill. The manga felt like it dragged because there were multiple chapters that encompassed a ridiculous amount of dialogue and only one change of possession.

Feb 14, 2015 4:12 PM

Akashi's character is quite over the top, to the point of cringe at times. There's a limit to that type of character when the story revolves around basketball, and that limit was crossed. Still, the episode was solid enough.

Feb 14, 2015 4:12 PM

Akashi really is beyond ridiculous. Although I loved Shutoku's teamwork!

Hyped for Serirein vs Kaijou next week!

Feb 14, 2015 4:20 PM

Just Watched it.

Gosh, It's so Epic.

"I am Absolute."

Crazy Akashi, Through.

Feb 14, 2015 4:27 PM

Wow, Akashi is a scumbag. Doesn't even hold the ball until the end of regulation even though they're up by double digits. Talk about unsportsmanship.

Feb 14, 2015 4:32 PM

Akashi reminds me a lot of Aizen "everything goes acording to the plan".

Feb 14, 2015 4:46 PM

The result was inevitable but both teams were phenomenal in this game. They all really stepped up their game, especially Midorima and Akashi. Kept me on my toes all the way through.
Really proud of Midorima and Takao and their amazing play.
Akashi's ego bugs me a bit but I can't blame him completely. All of the Generation of Miracles are arrogant til they taste defeat. Still, Akashi's intetesting. :)
Can't wait for more Kise in next ep!

Feb 14, 2015 4:59 PM

ibearclaw said:
geralt said:

It depends on what people mean when they say downhill. The manga felt like it dragged because there were multiple chapters that encompassed a ridiculous amount of dialogue and only one change of possession.

the dragged out chapters where only a few second of ingame time went on for over a month should not be a problem in the anime since we dont have to wait. the problem lies in the absurd amount of plot armor and ridiculous powerups in the last 2 matches.

i mean do you remember Reo Mibuchi? he didnt even play for his own team lol :D

Feb 14, 2015 5:01 PM

Can a manga reader spoil me?
What's the deal with the silver head guy in Akashi's team? so mysterious.

Feb 14, 2015 5:03 PM

^I think its easy to guess :)

Midorima you're still a boss..

Feb 14, 2015 5:07 PM

Dark_Messiah said:

Feb 14, 2015 5:10 PM

tsudecimo said:
Dark_Messiah said:

Feb 14, 2015 5:10 PM

Kinda scary to think Akashi wasn't really playing to his full capacity and still blew out Midorima.

Feb 14, 2015 5:13 PM

WOW amazing episode.
Nice little flashback at the start. Nice to see how Midorima and Takao met.
Great teamwork between the two. Midorima and his mid air three's. Just awesome.
Gouging out both of his eyes and giving them to his teammates if they lost. Dam Akashi is crazy.
Akashi and Rakuzan just to powerful in the end.
Shutoku fighting until the very end.
Cannot wait for next week.
Finally get to see Seirin play against Kaijo.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Feb 14, 2015 5:33 PM

tsudecimo said:
Dark_Messiah said:

atleast he tried.

Feb 14, 2015 5:33 PM
555|Kabuto|Ryuki

Gouge his eyes out,that's some resolve.

Feb 14, 2015 5:34 PM

Kerozinn said:
ibearclaw said:

the dragged out chapters where only a few second of ingame time went on for over a month should not be a problem in the anime since we dont have to wait. the problem lies in the absurd amount of plot armor and ridiculous powerups in the last 2 matches.

Well yeah there's powers, it's Dragon Basketball Z. If someone is seeking realism than this the wrong place to look. And what are you talking about?

Feb 14, 2015 5:37 PM

One thing that i didnt like about this match was that - when its a battle between two generation of miracles, you would expect them to be playing in the ZONE . I think at least midorima should have gotten into the zone. This match kinda downplayed him by doing that.
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever

Feb 14, 2015 5:40 PM

ibearclaw said:
Kerozinn said:

Well yeah there's powers, it's Dragon Basketball Z. If someone is seeking realism than this the wrong place to look. And what are you talking about?

this manga was never about realism no matter how you look at it and i didnt even mention realism. If you dont know what im talking about go reread some chapters of the final game to refresh your memory.it still was somewhat normal basketball at the beginning.
Modified by Kerozinn, Feb 14, 2015 5:47 PM

Feb 14, 2015 5:48 PM

Awesome episode as usual (still can't get over midorima and takao pulling off that pass)
RIP Shuutoku T^T

Feb 14, 2015 5:53 PM

ibearclaw said:
Kerozinn said:

Now, I haven't read manga, and I really don't have time to do so, but I reaaaaaaally enjoy anime.

What I am only afraid of, is they'll take the route Naruto did (I take Naruto as an example because it's happening right now and it's also a great example) where all the "superpowers" used in the beginning seem like child's play in the end.

A thing that was completely "overpowered" is obsolete because a new godlike power is on stage.

That is my biggest fear in KnB. I mean, with all these powers, where do you go?

This match was great, and Midorima "power-up" was done incredibly well. It wasn't only he who "leveled-up", but also his teammates, his trust in them and their teamplay.
That was a great thing and as far as leveling up incredibly strong skills goes, this was a perfect approach.

To further explain what I mean, let me give you an example of what already happened.
Aomine vs Kagami game 2. A great game. Everyone in the zone, action, plays, really good stuff.
Next comes game vs Murasakibara and bam, when things started going bad, ZONE TIME!
Murasakibara decided game is lost, no, no, ZONE TIME!
That I didn't like. If everyone starts being in the zone all the time, it loses its special flavor.

I'm not talking about "in the zone", I am just giving it as an example of what I am afraid might happen.

It's kinda hard to explain. I don't mind superpowers, heck, I love this show for them, I am just afraid of overdoing them. There's a line where things go from superpowers to ridiculous. Where things go from basketball with superpowers to superpowered sport that resembles basketball.

I just hope KnB is not going to cross that line.

Feb 14, 2015 6:01 PM

Man that was crazy. Of course Akashi would be hiding his true skills.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »