Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 50 Episode 6 Discussion

Feb 14, 2015 3:53 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, a lot of spotlight on Daiki this episode.

I have mixed thoughts on that little feature film on the screen.. The show has its Hollywood like mood still though.

Feb 14, 2015 12:22 PM

Daiki has a lot of spotlight in this episode.

His acting was pretty meh in the film.

Feb 14, 2015 1:12 PM
News Team
Overkilled Red

Tommy's detective drama basically took all of the episode screentime and it was kinda disappointing at first since there'll be no philosophical conversations between the idols. But the drama was surprisingly good, and I really loved the instrumental theme they played at the end! Totally fitting for a detective show. I hope they include it in the OST.

Just wished they'd shown other characters' part too, such as Detective Kanzaki, Detective Gojo, Detective Amamiya and Detective Tasaki. I'm sure Kanzaki and Amamiya are badasses!

After watching this, I feel like the current Tommy will eventually become a regular actor like his senpai. It'll be awesome if he takes after the Migratory Bird Cop series.

Good episode. Eigen previewing the next episode was pretty funny though. Even someone powerful like him fears the studio Starchild. XD

Feb 14, 2015 2:31 PM

The drama was alright but it would be interesting if that drama were to be an actual series, I might just watch it xP In all the episode was good, now I want to see more of Shounen Hollywood next week , I miss them since they were not that much in this episode~

Feb 14, 2015 9:47 PM

Now even the drama in this anime are realistic. Wish they didn't use all of their time on the drama tho. Well it wasn't bad, just that the start was a bit boring and yeah, the end was frustrating. Loved the bgm in the credits.

Feb 15, 2015 1:10 AM
Anime Moderator
That detective drama was kind of silly XD Especially the migratory bird talk. The bgm for the drama were fitting in the cheesy way too haha. They also did something like this the first, though it was a TV show and lots of performances. I think I preferred that one to this, only because I don't really care for Daiki...but wow, a detective drama that goes in the time with real life? I would not be able to take it waiting for cases to be solved in two years holy crap.

Feb 16, 2015 10:32 AM

Meh. Pretty boring episode tbh.

I didn't like Makki much at first but I think now he's starting to become my favourite. I'm starting to dislike Tommy more and more though.

Feb 16, 2015 11:49 PM

Detective Drama. Felt like one of the J-Drama I had scene.

Feb 17, 2015 5:04 PM

Uh... while I definitely appreciate things being covered fully, such as performances and dramas, but the script and dialogue is so freakin' weird, choppy, illogical, random and abstract (especially this episode)! I can't keep up with it very well (it makes me go: ...what?) and it doesn't feel smooth or natural in the least. Was it this bad last season? (The resolutions, wtf.) I don't recall being so uninterested and disconnected. The story of the drama is really strange too... weird metaphors that are poorly used, etc. And lack of philosophy. Wasn't there some in S1?

Just give me more full 2D performances... can't go wrong with that, not as much at least. -Sigh-
I remember that full group performance on that talk/variety show last season. :D

Feb 28, 2015 8:09 PM

I love sakaguchi daisuke, but the migratory bird detective drama was stupid >_> lmao I'm not sure if the series was being serious about it, or if this was satirical of J-dramas.

Mar 2, 2015 1:36 AM

Kind of a dull episode. Everytime this show tries to go "real-time" on me, I just get sleepy. If they have these kinds of "show in a show" segments, they should just cut it down instead of making it almost as long as the episode!

At least Maki's scared expresisons were funny to watch :>

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Nov 21, 2015 5:55 PM

He's actually a good actor! surprise :o