New
Which Naruto was better?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 22, 2015 8:52 PM

Apr 2014
Original anime and manga for shippuuden
Feb 23, 2015 1:35 PM

Oct 2014
I haven't caught up with Shippuden so I can't say much for the development or anything, however, I think honestly, I'd choose the original over Shippuden purely due to nostalgia anyhow. Though I do like both!
Feb 24, 2015 1:51 AM

Dec 2008
Original one.
Sep 14, 2015 5:42 PM
Sep 2015
Naruto was the best seeing some little shit kid turn into a ninja like who remembers when the rasengon was the best jutsu and summoning was super epic and the show was I don't know actually FUNNY. But I will say shippuden was good all the way through the pain invasion arc. After that it turned into some war/alien /dragon ball Z/jutsu that are complete bull shit show
Sep 14, 2015 6:24 PM
Aug 2014
I like Shippuden way more than the first one.

The orginal was a simple anime about a silly, funny kid who just wants to become stronger with a very simple villain. Shippuuden however is more darker. Now the anime is bout world wars, fratricidal wars, politics, underground organisations, deaths, etc. Shippuuden handles lots of serious subjects. It is often brutal. Togheter with the darker OST the anime says goodbye to the humor of the original series.
Sep 15, 2015 10:07 PM

Mar 2015
I liked Shippuden until the end of the Kakuzu arc, which began the "make bigger/more Rasengan to win fights" era.

So I'll say I like original Naruto (minus filler) more.

link9us said:
I don't understand why people hate the war so much, its on a grand epic scale unlike anything the series has ever seen, its intense, full of plot twists, revelations, really awesome action scenes, major major growths for characters.

something something filler something. Also, the last plot twist in the war was awful.
manga spoilers
Sep 16, 2015 12:38 AM

Mar 2014
They're both 7 out of 10.

But I enjoyed the original more.
Sep 17, 2015 1:36 PM

Apr 2014
Shippuuden minus all the shit but with all the shit then the original.
Sep 20, 2015 7:54 AM

Mar 2012
The one that is better than one piece
End Zionazism
Sep 20, 2015 8:09 AM

Jun 2014
Shippuden had more incredible arcs than Part 1. If the Sasuke Retrieval arc was its own anime it would be a clear 10/10. The Zabuza part was actually way better than I remembered it being after re-reading Naruto, people give Kishimoto a lot of shit for ripping of HxH in early Naruto but no one acknowledges the originality of this arc, child soldiers and yakuza are not a common shonen trope.

Everything starting from Sai's introduction in Shippuden until the mid-point of the Great Ninja War was breathtaking and superior to Part 1. The Pain arc is a bit too emo and tryhard after I rewatched it, and I assume most people who praise it are a bit blinded by the nostalgia of the Pain fight. Ignoring the asspull ending with talk no jutsu retconning all the deaths in the Battle of Konoha like Kakashi.

A point is taken off for fillers in both though, so Naruto is a 7 and Shippuden is an 8.
Sep 20, 2015 8:14 AM

Mar 2012
He ripped off HxH in his next arc more. Nobody hated him for Zabuxa, but the rest just cost Kishi a lot of respect
End Zionazism
Sep 20, 2015 1:07 PM
Oct 2013
Jerkhov said:
Shippuden had more incredible arcs than Part 1. If the Sasuke Retrieval arc was its own anime it would be a clear 10/10. The Zabuza part was actually way better than I remembered it being after re-reading Naruto, people give Kishimoto a lot of shit for ripping of HxH in early Naruto but no one acknowledges the originality of this arc, child soldiers and yakuza are not a common shonen trope.

Everything starting from Sai's introduction in Shippuden until the mid-point of the Great Ninja War was breathtaking and superior to Part 1. The Pain arc is a bit too emo and tryhard after I rewatched it, and I assume most people who praise it are a bit blinded by the nostalgia of the Pain fight. Ignoring the asspull ending with talk no jutsu retconning all the deaths in the Battle of Konoha like Kakashi.

A point is taken off for fillers in both though, so Naruto is a 7 and Shippuden is an 8.

I´ve rewatched the whole of part one and remembered how good it was (avoiding all filler), yet the essential part of the Pain arc you call emo is it´s poetic message.

If anything it´s anything but emo. Emo´s are faggots who pity themselves and do nothing because they think they´re fucked up and can´t do anything about it because god or something. Then they proceed to tell the world that they are fucked up.Pain(Nagato) intended to change an evil world with realistic means (gotta spill some eggs), who faced Naruto his idealistic beliefs and idealistic solutions.

Actually philosophicaly Naruto in a way represents the religious approach of buddhism, where as Pain approached his solution with the scientifical approach.

In the end it fits with the message the manga keeps preaching throughout, which is brotherhood with a pacifistic undertone, probably mirrorring Kishimoto´s own pov towards life.

Regarding the Yakuza thing in Shounen, it was severly popular in the 80´s, the everyone is human approach however is something no other shounen I´ve seen delivered. Even the critically acclaimed One Piece delivers villains to just be douchebags.
IsterioSep 20, 2015 1:15 PM
Oct 18, 2015 3:24 PM

Mar 2015
I definitely prefer the original. The fights were more technical and tactical bar a few.
Shippuden took too many wrong turns and wasted too many potentially good characters. From the war arc on it became Dragon Ball Z with most of the fights/power ups
Nov 4, 2015 8:22 PM
Oct 2015
Shippuden has its moments, but Naruto has never been as consistently good as it was in the Chunin Exams. A lot of people claim the Pain arc was the best, but it was mainly because of the fight while the episodes before the fight were lackluster. A lot of people don't give the Chunin Exams credit for the way it played with your emotions with clever mindgames.
Jun 9, 2016 7:17 PM
Nov 2015
The original because unlike shippuden the big fights didn't only consist of Team 7. (exp. Rock Lee vs. Garra; my utmost favorite fight)
Jun 9, 2016 7:29 PM

May 2015
Old thread is old but while I don't like...80% of part 2, I wouldn't really call it a let-down. I haven't liked it since 09(in the anime) anyway. And as you know it's continued dragging out a arc with filler, that by the way, I didn't like anway. Hate the plot, hate the pacing and even hate characters(or most the antagonist and team 7 anyway, and especially Sasuke. I liked the rest of Konoha 11). So, pretty easy choice.

Edit: Actually I can tell you the EXACT moment I stopped liking it, exactly after
, it's been incredibly consistent, consistently bad, since the end of the Pain arc.

The fillers really don't help, but Naurto even when it was good has been horrible with filler and bad pacing(if the source plot was fine). So how about since after epsiode 135-ish? I think that answers your question.

Also, it's like everytime he tries to be lighthearted like part 1 (best part of the story, by the way), it's not really. I'm sorry, but not sorry.

GoldenLink64 said:

I actually remember when I saw that arc for the first time. I got so mad that I made a video JUST for it. I couldn't believe how badly paced that crap was :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWczN5ltyL8

Incredible video.
ashfrliebertJun 9, 2016 7:44 PM
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Jun 9, 2016 7:38 PM

Jan 2014
Original is easily better. The Zabuza arc is just perfect

Shippuden is just ok I guess. Should have ended it at the pain arc tbh
Jun 9, 2016 8:25 PM

Aug 2015
Original hadn't much filler, had great openings and was more funny. I feel very nostalgic when you start to see the first episodes of the origin of this great shounen anime. Sometimes I drop a few tears see how the time has passed since the first time I saw it.

Shippuden has some great openings and some a little strange or inadequate, has more filler and recaps. Some parts where very weird for me (part of the filler episodes). I must admit that is has more and better action and fights, and had most tragic and painful losses than original and were showing the past of all the characters in where was not seen or heard in the original, but the simple fact of make long arcs of filler or recaps and senseless episodes, they ruined a bit.

I know that many fans do not want to end the story of this anime, perhaps that's why there is much filler and recaps as producers do not want that his masterpiece ends finally, after almost 15 years of broadcast.

Naruto will never be forgotten. No doubt it will be seen by other generations and future otakus.

Ahora con mi propio lenguaje quisiera decir que Naruto si me ha conmovido y entretenido al igual que otros anime shounen. Posiblemente lo vuelva a ver en el futuro.

Así que......
Jun 9, 2016 8:37 PM
Jun 2016
Regular Naruto hands down.
Jun 10, 2016 5:42 AM

Nov 2012
Well, this is tricky for me. I'm not counting fillers as a story arc so the amount of fillers doesn't really interest me because I never watched them until the latest ones, they're kinda okay. (440+)

As a story, I believe that Shippuden is better, we saw how he grow up, lots of deaths, Pain arc, Tale of Jiraiya, Great Shinobi War, Akatsuki Suppression... Lots of great things happened in Shippuden, what happened to Itachi... Everything made sense and everything unraveled.

And in Naruto there was Chunin Exams (my fav arc, it was amazing), Sasuke Recovery, those great missions! We basically met the characters and it built up for Shippuden.

When it comes to animation, I put them both equals because yes, they're not the masterpiece they don't have fancy effects etc. but they're amazing and it never lets down.

Openings wise, I think Naruto was better than Shippuden, my favorites are from original and Shippuden also has great ones but I'll go with Original.

But I think if we don't count fillers and HUGE AMOUNTS OF FLASHBACKS, Shippuden is better hands down. Especially in the episodes of the Great Ninja War the fillers and flashbacks tired me. But I can't just sweep those great moments of Shippuden and lots of WTF, NO, PLEASE DON'T moments. Original has great pace, less fillers and flashbacks and Team 7, it was just solid fun but I'm a story gal, I value story more than pace and I watched most of the show without the fillers (when I started watching Shippuden was around 240th episode).

So I'm gonna go with Shippuden because of the amount of thing that had happened during the show and the great story, it was just so good.
WelshcakeJun 10, 2016 5:48 AM
Apr 26, 2017 2:25 PM
May 2014
Original naruto by far, War arc is shit and ruined the series, Shippuden was pretty good up until the later arcs, Naruto's Sabuza arc, chunnin exam+invasion and sasuke rescue arc are all great, Shippuden has good arcs too but seriously Kishi ruined the story so badly it's hard to believe it's same writer with how bad the later arcs are in comparison.

If Shippuden had ended in Pain arc (and everyone in the village wasn't magically revived with the power of friendship bullshit) then Shippuden would win.
May 24, 2017 9:43 AM

Jan 2017
Shippuden easily , soundtrack alone makes it better.
Only thing that was better in the Original Naruto was Rock Lee
"In this world, wherever there is light – there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exists, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars, and hatred is born to protect love."
-Madara Uchiha

Jul 31, 2017 1:51 PM

Mar 2016
The original was better...
Even the fillers were highly enjoyable!
Feb 1, 2018 4:51 AM
Nov 2017
The original was really good over all... It had an amazing story line and the filler wasn't even that bad
Shippuden had great character design(AND EPIC OPENINGS) The akatsuki arc was dynamite but three things were endless :.
1. Sasuke fagotness
2. The irrelevant fillers
3. Sakura screen time
Dec 11, 2019 3:50 PM

Dec 2018
Naruto (before the extremely long stretch of fillers near the end)>>>>>Shippuden (until the Pain Invasion arc)>>>>>Naruto fillers=Shippuden after Pain Invasion arc=Boruto.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Yesterday, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 485 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2016

50 by Vysarine »»
Apr 20, 11:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.