Feb 13, 2015 6:46 PM

Oct 2014
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 13, 2015 6:47 PM

Feb 2013
the one where he holds his shit for the entire race
Feb 13, 2015 6:51 PM

Nov 2010
Leaning towards Naruto. I really liked the amount of nonstop growth Naruto went through and it had a lot of good scenes condensed in the first 130 episodes. The filler wasn't even that bad, the comedy episodes were hilarious. The beginning of Shippuden was very bad and so is like 70% of the filler. I might also have some problems with the war arc when it's done.
IntroverTurtleFeb 13, 2015 6:54 PM
Feb 13, 2015 6:56 PM

Jan 2013
original first 130 or so episodes were great. A lot of the filler was even heartwarming and funny

ship has too many unnecessary fillers, the fights are dragged on, the arcs come to a random stop out of nowhere; it's just a disaster.
Feb 13, 2015 6:56 PM

Oct 2012
Are we talking character design or content? Shippuden Naruto has a better character design. I'd say that Naruto was better than Shippuden content wise as the first few arcs in Naruto up through Oorchimaru's invasion were great where as Pain's Invasion was the only real stand out arc from Shippuden.
Feb 13, 2015 7:00 PM

Jan 2015
Feb 13, 2015 7:09 PM
Sep 2014
Naruto pre-fillers and Shippuden before the zombie wars
Feb 13, 2015 7:16 PM

Aug 2008
Part 1 Naruto is definitely better. Kishimoto troll everyone when Pain kill lots of people in Konoha only to DBZ bringing them back to life. Too cliche.

Massive trolling there.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Feb 13, 2015 7:19 PM

Jan 2015
The 1st Naruto series is better
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Feb 13, 2015 7:21 PM

Jul 2013
I liked the first season the most, though early shippuden was equally as good.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Feb 14, 2015 1:28 AM

Jan 2015
It's really hard to decide.
The original was overall good with some really good arcs and also I watched it as a kid so I'm a little biased.
Shippuden was either really good (Sasori, Pain, Killer Bee training, etc.) or really crap (the entire war arc except for the very beginning, Searching for Sasuke, etc.).
The animation quality in Shippuden was sometimes so abyssmal it's not even funny.
BUT Shippuden had better/more awesome fights.

I think overall the original was better.
Feb 14, 2015 1:33 AM

May 2014
Feaor said:
Are we talking character design or content? Shippuden Naruto has a better character design. I'd say that Naruto was better than Shippuden content wise as the first few arcs in Naruto up through Oorchimaru's invasion were great where as Pain's Invasion was the only real stand out arc from Shippuden.

i kinda of agree with you.
But there was some more memorable moments in shippuden too, all in all i think orochi]'s invasion was really BAD ASS!!
Feb 14, 2015 1:35 AM

Dec 2013
Definitely the original Naruto. Although this might just be the nostalgia talking.
Feb 14, 2015 2:13 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
The original one, Ninjas in Shippudden are more like some OP sorcerers or magicians

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 14, 2015 2:17 AM

Mar 2014
None, both are shit
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 14, 2015 2:18 AM

Feb 2015
Original. Kakashi v zabuza round 1 the best
At that moment, no one will be able to stand in our way..You will be swallowed whole by me..Racing with hatred and ecstasy..So that these fangs will chew on the true light that burns me..For now so be it..I will deign to obey you..Within my depths, from the bottom of darkness..I shall breathe lightly..Keep me in chains..suppress me..I will store my power..And then..One day..
Feb 14, 2015 2:20 AM
Apr 2014
Naruto abridged was the best Naruto anime.
"Chinese cartoons was a mistake"

Hayao Miyazaki
Feb 14, 2015 2:28 AM

Sep 2014
Pre-time skip was much better on average
but the best arc (Pain arc) is from shippuuden
Feb 14, 2015 2:31 AM

Dec 2014
Part 1 Naruto is surprisingly compelling when I go back and rewatch it. Shippuden on the other hand just took everything I liked about the original and just threw it all away.

Now I have writing that emphasizes the meaning of friendship (Gaara retrieval, Sai arc) and horrendous animation/pacing to boot (I preferred Naruto over DBZ because it was better paced and animated, NOW the show's just as bad as DBZ used to be.

I'm only 50 episodes in so I'm hoping it eventually gets better but honestly Part 1 was good right from the get go and you shouldn't have 50+ episodes that are this bad.
Feb 14, 2015 2:32 AM

May 2014
woowwww shippuden is getting stumped!!!
the war arc really killed this series huh??
Feb 14, 2015 4:00 AM

Dec 2012
Well, since Naruto Shippuden is longer, and I have more favorite moments in it, I'm inclined to believe I prefer it more. But I rated them both 10/10, so I won't vote.

Zapredon said:
Part 1 Naruto is definitely better. Kishimoto troll everyone when Pain kill lots of people in Konoha only to DBZ bringing them back to life. Too cliche.

Massive trolling there.

tsudecimoFeb 14, 2015 4:05 AM
Feb 14, 2015 4:15 AM

Aug 2013
Supremewolf said:

Their second round in "Shippuden" is better because the context for it felt less silly.
Feb 14, 2015 4:20 AM

Feb 2015
Naruto is better because it was funny shipuuden is meh stopped watching in middle of the episodes
Feb 14, 2015 4:25 AM

Dec 2013
Naruto >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shippuden. First Naruto series has my favorite moments in overall all anime and Chuunin exam arc was just amazing. However, I rated Naruto kinda low because of the enormous amount of filler in the end. It was like 4-5 seasons of filler. But without them it's easily 8 - 9 from me.
Feb 14, 2015 4:28 AM
Mar 2013
I think they're both good for different reasons. Naruto is more character driven whereas Shippuden is more story driven and has a bigger scope. I would say Shippuden has the better ost though. It depends on what you like more in a series but in terms of overall quality I would say they are about the same.
Feb 14, 2015 4:28 AM

Jun 2014
Shippuden probably has the best individual moments and arguably the best arc (Pain invasion) but Part 1 was more consistent overall so I'll go with that.
Feb 14, 2015 4:37 AM

Apr 2013
Where's the neither option? Both have to much filler that's bad. Of the two Naruto OG is the best just because it had an amazing first half. The rest kinda sucks but eh.
Feb 14, 2015 4:48 AM

May 2014
StevenHu said:
Supremewolf said:

Their second round in "Shippuden" is better because the context for it felt less silly.

actually the 2nd round in shippuden kinda killed zabuza and haku's moment in naruto,
rendering it pointless, kichi also did the same when
Feb 14, 2015 4:49 AM

Dec 2012
StevenHu said:
Supremewolf said:

Never liked the first arc much. It along with ''Sai and Sasuke'' were my least favorite arcs in the whole series 7/10.
Feb 14, 2015 4:59 AM

Nov 2012
Original Naruto, the episodes from Zabuza to the end of the Konoha Invasion were simply the best in the series, meanwhile Shippuden has very boring arcs like Kazekage rescue, the Sai arc and most of the Final War arc.
Feb 14, 2015 5:16 AM

Apr 2014
Original, hands down.
Feb 14, 2015 5:18 AM

May 2014
Milk_is_Special said:
Original, hands down.

it too milk!!!
IT TOO??!!!
:(
Feb 14, 2015 5:21 AM

Apr 2011
The original is in my favorite anime so...
Feb 14, 2015 5:21 AM

Jan 2014
i prefer the first one
"This is boring...I'm bored..."
Feb 14, 2015 5:24 AM

Apr 2014
WAD1992 said:
Milk_is_Special said:
Original, hands down.

it too milk!!!
IT TOO??!!!
What?
Feb 14, 2015 5:25 AM

May 2014
Milk_is_Special said:
WAD1992 said:

it too milk!!!
IT TOO??!!!
What?

u too hate shippuden??!!!
*sighs*
Feb 14, 2015 5:28 AM

Nov 2013
Original because I growing up watching it and like the chuunin exam.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Feb 14, 2015 5:29 AM
Dec 2013
Well I've watched 135 episodes of Naruto, and only 52 episodes of Shippuden so far. The Search for Tsunade arc is where I really started to enjoy Naruto because of the introduction of the rasengan and Itachi's debut (before that, I was indifferent to it). Also, my personal favourite arc is the Sasuke Recovery Mission arc, because the fights against the Sound Four and Naruto vs Sasuke were awesome, so I'd say Naruto Part 1 was better. But that's mostly because I haven't watched enough Shippuden yet, and the only thing that has stood out to me was Sakura and Lady Chiyo's fight against Sasori.
wildhoodFeb 14, 2015 6:01 AM
Feb 14, 2015 5:45 AM

Jun 2013
Naruto. It has the best arcs in the series; The first mission of Team 7, and Chunin Exams. Honorable mention; Kakashi's side story.
Feb 14, 2015 5:57 AM

Jul 2013
Both have their pros and cons. I prefer the ost of shippuuden and the story up to the pain arc. However Shippuuden is plagued by way too many useless and boring filler episodes and after the pain arc the quality just starts to decline. It wasn't immediately bad or anything, but once the war arc starts the quality really starts to drop lower and lower. Those who didn't read the manga have no idea just how bad it's going to get ^^

While the original has a slow and relatively boring start and naruto himself is waay too annoying in it.
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Feb 14, 2015 5:58 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
WAD1992 said:

Yeah, but Shippudden is actually not that bad, it's just the original has better battle and fillers

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 14, 2015 6:01 AM

Jul 2014
i prefer shippuuden (before the war arc cuz shiot is getting annoying)
i personally prefer shippuuden because i think that's where i got more involved with most characters? like.. i think i got to bond more with the characters. and i do think the character design itself was more steady. though i have to say i liked the growth naruto was going through in the original too. and i think the arcs where a bit more interesting back then. shippuuden does drag out a lot but i still cant help loving it
Feb 14, 2015 6:06 AM

May 2014
RayAdha said:
WAD1992 said:

Yeah, but Shippudden is actually not that bad, it's just the original has better battle and fillers

i know, the fact that it's longer and has more content should have made it #1 here, but the things that final arc did !!! ... tsk tsk .....
Feb 14, 2015 6:28 AM

Jun 2013
Definitely Naruto, at least first 135 episodes of it before goddamn fillers. I love that kind of animation and it was actually funny back then. Considering it is second anime I watched (after Bleach) of course I feel nostalgic.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Feb 14, 2015 9:15 AM

Jan 2009
The original Naruto had many battles involving different characters, I especially like it because of Rock Lee and Shikamaru, also, the battle between Orochimaru and Sarutobi was the most epic in the whole series.

And the biggest reason why I like it more than Shippuden, is because of the OSTs and pacing.

Shippuden was annoying! only focusing on Naruto and Sasuke! the idea that Sasuke left Konoha and became more like a villain didn't suit me to begin with! also, to be honest, I was expecting too much from the Akatsuki, but didn't really like any of their members, and 80% of Shippuden focused on the battle against them.

About the pacing, it was so horrible!
*spoiler* they once wasted about five minutes of an episode on a scene about Yamato crossing a bridge to meet a spy of Orochimaru, and then repeated the whole scene because of the interval in the middle of the episode! that was painful to watch! and I can't count how many episodes were wasted on Naruto doing almost the same training under Kakashi and Yamato's supervising, when he just came back from the 3 years training with Jiraya without any new jutsu! *spoiler*

Btw, I didn't include fillers, because I always skip them.
Feb 14, 2015 4:07 PM

Sep 2013
Kazekage Rescue Mission, The Arc of the Immortals, Itachi vs Sasuke and Pain Ivassion; all of them are better than Part 1 as a whole.
Feb 18, 2015 4:29 AM

Jul 2007
I don't understand why people hate the war so much, its on a grand epic scale unlike anything the series has ever seen, its intense, full of plot twists, revelations, really awesome action scenes, major major growths for characters.

The author always wanted to establish some sort of war setting from the get go and i personally think its a fine way of showing just how much all of these characters have grown and you can now see the fruits of there labor, on there long journey to adulthood and becoming leaders in there own right. Something that has been drummed up since the beginning of the series and i think that speaks volumes in the story as far as character development goes.

One of the things i will never understand is how some people are so stuck on the whole idea of the "EDO tensei" still being used as "plot device" as an excuse to bring back dead characters. This is something that has forshadowed a very long time ago and the author always intended to use the EDO tensai as core focus in the story. I don't understand why people are still complaining bout that. I mean get over it!!. It happened like 8 years ago. I have even heard some people stills state that naruto should of ended after the pain arc. Its like they writing off the whole remainder of the story.

Anyways that is my rant. Now i won't deny that the war can feel sort of claustrophobic at times due to how many things the author want to pack into one arc. But i don't see it like that, the war is more like a saga with different subtitle arcs. It was meant to be HUGE, a large part of the story line. Now you can argue bout the filler, that becomes a mute point though if you skip which most people do anyways.

The whole Final arc of the series i guess you can say takes a very almost complete 180 turn i guess that some people felt that it just came out of no where. But you have to remember that even from the beginning Naruto was always prophesied to be "special" in some way, and the author finally resolves the whole mystery behind his character which is nice but i don't want to speak bout that since this is an anime only discussion.

Avok said:
Kazekage Rescue Mission, The Arc of the Immortals, Itachi vs Sasuke and Pain Ivassion; all of them are better than Part 1 as a whole.

Yeah precisely i agree. Though the original series maintained more consistency with its animation and production, but shippuuden has a far more deeper story line that was quite a bit more interesting then the original series has imo and if you look at character dev as a whole, they obviously go through much more in shippuuden then they do in naruto, especially the war.
ArtimesGamerFeb 18, 2015 4:36 AM

Feb 20, 2015 5:22 PM
Dec 2013
naruto shippuuden easily
the original is a solid series but Shippuuden is one of the best anime I have ever watched
Feb 22, 2015 8:35 PM

Dec 2014
DiabloMask said:
About the pacing, it was so horrible!
*spoiler* they once wasted about five minutes of an episode on a scene about Yamato crossing a bridge to meet a spy of Orochimaru, and then repeated the whole scene because of the interval in the middle of the episode! that was painful to watch!

I actually remember when I saw that arc for the first time. I got so mad that I made a video JUST for it. I couldn't believe how badly paced that crap was :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWczN5ltyL8
Feb 22, 2015 8:38 PM

Feb 2015
Shippuuden is a let down and cbf after around a hundred episodes however naruto is watchable and its on hold for whenever I feel like.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Yesterday, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 485 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2016

50 by Vysarine »»
Apr 20, 11:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.