Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2015 9:18 PM

Jun 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
You can totally tell where the idea for Danzo and Sasuke came from in this

Sep 26, 2015 10:33 AM

Oct 2009
The art is interesting; its not as sketchy as in the first naruto volumes, the lines are more clear, just like in the last naruto chapters; but theres this wild and dynamic feelingin in them. you can also seee akira influences, also the post apocalypse setting is more interesting; there are some clues that the naruto world may be a post apo world; like kishimoto played with this idea a lot.
Oct 12, 2015 3:23 PM
Nov 2008
They ran it in the English Shonen Jump finally this week. It's ok, but no Naruto.
Oct 15, 2015 6:34 PM

Oct 2013
Wow this look similar to Tokyo Ghoul.
Nov 19, 2015 2:20 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
teaknight said:
The art is interesting; its not as sketchy as in the first naruto volumes, the lines are more clear, just like in the last naruto chapters; but theres this wild and dynamic feelingin in them. you can also seee akira influences, also the post apocalypse setting is more interesting; there are some clues that the naruto world may be a post apo world; like kishimoto played with this idea a lot.

You probably already know this, but Kishi is indeed a fanboy of Akira, so it might seem similar.

I liked the way he drew the shadows, they were squiggly lines. While the characters don't look as good Kishi's current art does, but it's clear that he had a good understanding of proportions even back then. Can't say the same for all mangaka when they started out, lol.

The setting of the story was more interesting than the story itself. It isn't that attention-grabbing enough for most people to want to see a series on this, since even as a one-shot, it was alright. I think Kishi's a lot gotten better at the "cinematography" and storytelling, so if anything, I enjoyed reading his earliest published work for that.
Sep 5, 2016 2:28 PM

Aug 2014
MC looks like a fugly Sasuke.

Nice concept but this was overall meh.
Mar 1, 2017 3:22 PM

Oct 2014
Interesting back story but short.
May 26, 2017 1:24 AM

Jan 2013
So the main kiddo is basically some kind of Sasuke's prototype. Not that bad for his first published work. 6/10 sadly too short
thatPinkSpiderMay 26, 2017 1:34 AM

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Jul 17, 2020 9:36 AM
Feb 2020
A tragedy manga? Sadly yes, it goes with some plot holes like, why did the mc have to save the girl, or why does the enemy have to use the girls blood, idk man

Fairly interesting imo, better than naruto ending, but indeed, it's just a tragedy.

So basically nothing else happen in particular

Overall 6/10 enjoyable
Jul 17, 2020 9:37 AM
Feb 2020
Did I accidentally just post a review?
Sep 21, 2020 7:58 AM

Nov 2013
Theme was nice. Art is rough, story is whatever.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Aug 18, 2021 4:01 PM

Jan 2020
It's funny how one of the boss guy's henchmen looks like Itachi. He even has the gimmicky collars that hides his mouth.
KiroTheAssassinOct 18, 2023 5:18 PM
Jul 16, 2022 12:28 AM

Dec 2009
Interesting first One-Shot from Kishimoto. Not bad, 4/10.
The rat using the girl's panties smell to track her whereabouts is dumb, and the protagonist teenage boy having a crush on her is boring, but overall it's kinda decent in hindsight to the glimpses of Kishimoto's talent.

The art is somewhat rough and most of the action is difficult to distinguish, but the designs are unique, the foundation of the story's threat and main plot is cool.
The characters are okay. The villain needing blood transfusion to survive and licking the girl's face is cliche, illogical and distasteful, but the chase of rescue throughout the whole story is acceptable. It's not so bad.
Nov 7, 2023 4:52 PM
Mar 2016
Reply to jonnjonzz
They ran it in the English Shonen Jump finally this week. It's ok, but no Naruto.
@jonnjonzz Really? Which volume or issue of the american Shonen Jump has this manga...
Nov 8, 2023 10:58 AM
Nov 2008
Reply to Matthappy
@jonnjonzz Really? Which volume or issue of the american Shonen Jump has this manga...
@Matthappy it was one of the digital American weekly Shonen jump magazines which were being produced in the 2010s. Going by my original post, sometime around October 12, 2015.

More topics from this board

» Published in the american Shonen Jump?

Matthappy - Aug 14, 2023

0 by Matthappy »»
Aug 14, 2023 10:33 AM

» There is a complete series about this?

Matthappy - Aug 5, 2023

2 by EroKyojin »»
Aug 5, 2023 11:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.