Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 12, 2015 12:11 PM

Sep 2014
RIP Juuzou's balls :(

I think the main reason I haven't found this frustrating like most people seem to, is because I've read the manga and I understand everything that is going on and its relevance to the plot. Honestly, other then Ken joining the other team nothing has really changed.

I really hope they change the manga ending though.
Feb 12, 2015 12:29 PM

Nov 2012
Akira is dammmmmm cute :D Amon i know how you are feeling xDDD

livingdarknetFeb 12, 2015 12:36 PM
Feb 12, 2015 12:32 PM

Aug 2014
Kvothe51 said:
I also expected Arima to be at the final scene about the Owl extermination unit.

I did too.
Feb 12, 2015 12:40 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Exposition episode.....I'd imagine that the action junkies hated this episode but personally I liked it

I'm really glad that we got the drunk Akira scene (although we didn't get to see her ass TwT) because it was one of my favorites and it was this scene that pretty much started my Amon x Akira shipping :DD

The Suzuya flashback was spot on.....His past was really tragic and I really felt bad for him after seeing what he went through during his childhood (Btw anime only's Mama ate Suzuya's balls during that jail cell scene >.< (The censoring during this flashback bugged me at times though). But alas his bond with Shinohara was just really sweet and I like how close they are to each other :'')

Centipede-kun going at it again this week except we can see that Kaneki is fucked up really bad mentally....The sad thing about this scene is that we have a lack of monologues wheeras in the manga we saw what Kaneki was thinking during it all

CCG planning their attack....Everything is shaping up nicely :)
TokoyaFeb 12, 2015 12:43 PM
Feb 12, 2015 12:42 PM

Dec 2014
livingdarknet said:
Akira is dammmmmm cute :D Amon i know how you are feeling xDDD

9/11 would bone.
Feb 12, 2015 12:44 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Z4k said:
Lots of develpment for Juuzou. Its funny because we just got both Juuzou and Shinohara in the :re manga and now we see them both in this episode. Pretty amazing that both the manga and anime parallels each other. These recent developments also confirm anteiku raid will happen. V14 anyone? lol

Roma huh... so they introduced her at last.

Amon and Akira scenes were perfect. I lold at Amon doing pushups there.

Drunk Akira is the best Akira.

Oh and those end cards are gold.
20/10 would bang

I prefer the manga version though
Feb 12, 2015 1:06 PM

Oct 2014
Juzo you poor kid ._.

Give Kaneki a line dammit.

Akira gets drunk, Amon fights hard to protect his virginity. You missed your chance Amon. Push-up scene was hilarious xD Maris Stella is a creepy name for a cat :P

That Roma girl seems dumb but she gives dark vibes to me, chasing Hinami lol

I want to see Tsukiyama. >:(
Feb 12, 2015 1:11 PM
Jul 2018
Kaneki is going insane.

I really like that Amon's push-up scene.
Feb 12, 2015 1:15 PM

Jul 2012
Kaneki going crazy was great. But srsly we need more Kaneki screen time...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2015 1:28 PM

Oct 2014
I loved the Akira and Amon scene's, really laughed at those push ups!

We get some Juzo development. And... I enjoyed it, but it also made me sad when I saw him looking up to Shinohara and Shinohara taking care of him and then I reminded myself a scene from :RE when we see what happened to Shinohara... Suzuya was so happy and then... ugh. The feels are strong.

We should have more Kaneki. It feels like he's not the main character anymore. Hopefully we'll get more of him in next episodes.

I can't belive how much I love that OST. It really is better and better in new episodes. I just miss some kickass tracks like the battle theme ("Symphony") from TG. But there are still six eps left!

Ishida-sensei, you'll never stop amazing me with every new ending.
Feb 12, 2015 1:37 PM

Sep 2014
I'm heavily biased in favor of this episode. Two of my favorite scenes from TG are the bar scene and the apartment/pushup scene. They did a great job adapting both when I was worried they might not do it at all. All of the stuff with Suzuya and Shinohara is really touching, and like Z4k said even more so now that we get to see a parallel of what's going on in :re.

Yep definitely looks like we're getting Anteiku raid next (called it!) They have 6 episodes to do it justice (and let's be honest, at least one full episode has to be devoted to the V14 chapters, and another whole episode to the aftermath) At this point I'm really just hoping we get the same ending as the manga, which it's looking like we might. For one, it will cause a huge shitstorm on here no doubt for anime watchers, and also because I want to see a proper adaptation of :re say, a year or two from now.
Feb 12, 2015 1:49 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Wew, 7890 push ups... But I wanna see more Kaneki ffs.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Feb 12, 2015 2:00 PM

Apr 2014
Kaneki only gets like 1 minute screen time D:
Pls we need more Kaneki..

That censoring was also a bit annoying.
Feb 12, 2015 2:02 PM

Mar 2012
I don't really care about Amon and Akira, so I found that part of the episode pretty boring. I enjoyed Juzo's development though, and the giraffe scene was nice.

I'm excited to see how they adapt the raid on Anteiku.
JoshFeb 12, 2015 2:10 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Feb 12, 2015 2:05 PM

Jan 2014
I think I get how Ishida is writing this season

That's what I think at least, but so far they've arranged the timelines for the side characters to get development.
Feb 12, 2015 2:06 PM
Sep 2013
They gave Suzuya his full backstory. I'm totally satisfied with this episode. They had me wondering how much would they be able to handle.
They kept the Amon pushup scenes lol.
Kaneki metaphor for the losing his mind added scene was nice.
The raid is coming up this is hoping for the best parts to be animated.
I feel we will get the same manga ending with an opening for re down the road.
Feb 12, 2015 2:09 PM

May 2012
hantere said:
They gave Suzuya his full backstory.

Yeah, but they left out...that one part. Y'know,

unless we can imply that she did it to him while he was in the cage, but it didn't show Juuzou

Really liked this ending. I always forget that the innocent Kaneki existed at a time T_T

Feb 12, 2015 2:18 PM
Jan 2014
i just really appreciate how amon apologized to akira's cat when he came into her house. thank u amon koutarou
Feb 12, 2015 2:18 PM

Feb 2013
Akira a qt

otherwise meh
Feb 12, 2015 2:26 PM
Sep 2013
Olem said:
hantere said:
They gave Suzuya his full backstory.

Yeah, but they left out...that one part. Y'know,

unless we can imply that she did it to him while he was in the cage, but it didn't show Juuzou

Really liked this ending. I always forget that the innocent Kaneki existed at a time T_T

I went back to the episode but the first time It did to me like she was totally going south with those instruments and he was screaming so I was amusing that he totally got them taken then but that was really implied.
Feb 12, 2015 2:50 PM
Aug 2014
Mado Akira has never been this awesome.
Feb 12, 2015 2:54 PM
Sep 2014
Juzo childhood seemed depressing. The Amon and mado daughter scenes seemed to drag in my opinion, I wished they had shown more screen time with Kaneki. The episode was really slow in my opinion. But I'm hoping things do really pick up next episode. Things are looking interesting from the way it ended
Feb 12, 2015 3:09 PM

Sep 2013
suzuya's past T^T

Feb 12, 2015 3:10 PM

Jan 2015
No much action but liked this episode. Kaneki is really suffering. Nice to see they kept most part of the manga. That ending with kaneki was nice.
Feb 12, 2015 3:30 PM

Nov 2014
This season seems to be a bit slow, but still enjoyable.
Drunk Akira was the best!
Hi there
Feb 12, 2015 3:36 PM

Oct 2013
Pacing is better then S1 most of the times, okay to good episode.

Feb 12, 2015 3:38 PM

Aug 2013
Amon could have been pounding something else instead of the floor.

Feb 12, 2015 3:49 PM

Nov 2007
Comic_Sans said:
Black_wind said:
meh......the whole Akira/Amon thing is leaving me completely cold.

This shit needs more Tsukiyama.
They should develop the love story between him and Kaneki better.

Still the best love story in Tokyo Ghoul!
Feb 12, 2015 4:33 PM

Jul 2014
THE FEELS !! THE FEELS Is coming T_T

Nice episode with the slow paced. The ED arts are masterpiece
Rumble_ShiftFeb 12, 2015 4:37 PM
Feb 12, 2015 4:40 PM
Feb 2015
not enough kaneki!
Feb 12, 2015 4:43 PM

Oct 2013
Drunk Akira? I gained ten times more respect for her
Feb 12, 2015 4:59 PM

Jan 2014
i really enjoyed this episode but man it was tough seeing juuzous past.

my only problem with this anime atm is the lack of kaneki and the lack of explanations, and its just hard to sympathise with him when he gets no more then 20 secs of screentime
Feb 12, 2015 5:29 PM

Jul 2014
A decent episode focusing of the CCG with two great scene's of Kaneki suffering the aftermath of his Kakuja form.
Feb 12, 2015 6:01 PM

Feb 2015
Mindy: "What are you doing?"
Josh: "Running off my desires!"

Amon is becoming a much more likeable character.

Feb 12, 2015 6:23 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
again, the censors at the Juzo story was annoying but beside that, i enjoyed this ep.

The ED was really good this week.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 12, 2015 6:24 PM

Dec 2014
liked the ep (Push ups!), but kinda wished the narrative of this season stayed with aogiri and kaneki and fleshed them out more instead of focusing on the CCG

tbh, the members of aogiri seem much more interesting than those of CCG
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2015 6:29 PM

Jan 2011
glad they kept in the stuff with Akira...but dat keyboard that legit had to be a photo lol
Feb 12, 2015 6:47 PM

Aug 2014
and here you go guys, another episode where nothing happens. Oh well at least Juzo is not quite as annoying now that he has a backstory for his craziness. But seriously, Tokyo Ghoul you have twelve episodes to push us through your big story and you think you can make it happen when you have episodes like this? This is fast becoming the most disappointing anime of the season, which is sad because I did not walk into this season with particularly high expectations.
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Feb 12, 2015 6:56 PM

Apr 2014
SoonaxUchiha02 said:
and here you go guys, another episode where nothing happens. Oh well at least Juzo is not quite as annoying now that he has a backstory for his craziness. But seriously, Tokyo Ghoul you have twelve episodes to push us through your big story and you think you can make it happen when you have episodes like this? This is fast becoming the most disappointing anime of the season, which is sad because I did not walk into this season with particularly high expectations.

- Nothing happened cause no actions hur dur

Only 1 arc is left and 6 episode is more than enough for the studio to cover the story.
Feb 12, 2015 6:57 PM

Aug 2010
Juuzou's past was cut too short and had no where near the impact it did in the manga. However I still liked it for what it was. Juuzou's past is by far the most tragic in TG. It's just like Shinohara said.. Juuzou himself is just a victim.

All Amon and Akira's scenes were kept in so that was good.

The owl investigation unit? That was pretty interesting. Hoping we'll see Arima soon.

Those ending credits... Tsukiyama, Hinami and Banjou watching Kaneki. That made my day.

radionoise said:

my only problem with this anime atm is the lack of kaneki and the lack of explanations, and its just hard to sympathise with him when he gets no more then 20 secs of screentime

Kaneki definitely feels like a side character in Root A so far. All I can say to the people complaining about lack of Kaneki.. go read the manga. I am thinking the purpose of Root A is to focus on characters other than Kaneki.

CNTRI715 said:
At this point I'm really just hoping we get the same ending as the manga, which it's looking like we might. For one, it will cause a huge shitstorm on here no doubt for anime watchers, and also because I want to see a proper adaptation of :re say, a year or two from now.

I can't see an adaptation of Re happening even if it does follow the manga ending. Even if it does I don't expect anything from it.
Ragna92Feb 12, 2015 7:20 PM
Feb 12, 2015 7:51 PM

Aug 2013
Episode full of sentimentality, nothing very important for the development of the story, just showed the relationship between the characters, I hope next episode return to action and fights ..
Feb 12, 2015 7:56 PM
Apr 2014
Ragna92 said:
Juuzou's past was cut too short and had no where near the impact it did in the manga. However I still liked it for what it was. Juuzou's past is by far the most tragic in TG. It's just like Shinohara said.. Juuzou himself is just a victim.

All Amon and Akira's scenes were kept in so that was good.

The owl investigation unit? That was pretty interesting. Hoping we'll see Arima soon.

Those ending credits... Tsukiyama, Hinami and Banjou watching Kaneki. That made my day.

radionoise said:

Kaneki definitely feels like a side character in Root A so far. All I can say to the people complaining about lack of Kaneki.. go read the manga. I am thinking the purpose of Root A is to focus on characters other than Kaneki.

CNTRI715 said:
At this point I'm really just hoping we get the same ending as the manga, which it's looking like we might. For one, it will cause a huge shitstorm on here no doubt for anime watchers, and also because I want to see a proper adaptation of :re say, a year or two from now.

I can't see an adaptation of Re happening even if it does follow the manga ending. Even if it does I don't expect anything from it.

See I would understand if Re wasn't selling really well, but it's selling about 700K. The sequel will definitely get an adaptation but the question is when.
Feb 12, 2015 8:11 PM

Apr 2014
drama_menck said:
Episode full of sentimentality, nothing very important for the development of the story, just showed the relationship between the characters, I hope next episode return to action and fights ..

See like many that have stated it already, Tokyo ghoul isn't only about the action and fights. The series relies in the interaction of the characters to move on the story and develop to develop them. And next episode will be the same as this one but this time they'll focus a bit on Hinami.
Feb 12, 2015 8:13 PM

Jan 2014
Z4k said:
drama_menck said:

See like many that have stated it already, Tokyo ghoul isn't only about the action and fights. The series relies in the interaction of the characters to move on the story and develop to develop them. And next episode will be the same as this one but this time they'll focus a bit on Hinami.
ACtually it has the title of chapter 120.
Feb 12, 2015 8:17 PM

Aug 2010
AquaWateria said:
See I would understand if Re wasn't selling really well, but it's selling about 700K. The sequel will definitely get an adaptation but the question is when.

It has a lot more to do with Root A sales though. Also I am expecting it to end in a way where a sequel isn't possible.
Feb 12, 2015 8:22 PM

Apr 2014
GreenBenjamin said:
Z4k said:

Yeah I know but according to the summary it seems Hinami has a bit of a role there too.

Ragna92 said:
AquaWateria said:

It has a lot more to do with Root A sales though. Also I am expecting it to end in a way where a sequel isn't possible.

:re will get an adaptation regardless though. I mean its really popular in Japan right now and the manga is already selling better than the prequel.
Z4KFeb 12, 2015 8:26 PM
Feb 12, 2015 8:28 PM
Apr 2014
Ragna92 said:
AquaWateria said:

As long the anime sells about 5000 it's fine. Also the sales don't just come from the anime but mostly from merchandise and other revenues, it's the same for other series. And as long as the manga sells really well there shouldn't be a problem.

Anyways we just have to wait.
Feb 12, 2015 8:33 PM

Jan 2014
Z4k said:
GreenBenjamin said:

Yeah I know but according to the summary it seems Hinami has a bit of a role there too.

Ragna92 said:

:re will get an adaptation regardless though. I mean its really popular in Japan right now and the manga is already selling better than the prequel.
where's the summary?
Feb 12, 2015 8:34 PM

Apr 2014
GreenBenjamin said:
Z4k said:

where's the summary?

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1337155&show=360#msg38087011
Feb 12, 2015 8:43 PM

Jan 2014

Mmmmm. I like hinami but i hope she doesn't take the whole screen time.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

760 by ShirJager »»
Apr 17, 5:39 PM

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

37 by Zimmu »»
Apr 3, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

402 by efectiviuli »»
Feb 18, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2015

300 by RapidPhantom »»
Jan 23, 7:50 AM

» From a strictly anime only viewpoint, Tokyo Ghoul S2 was good ( 1 2 )

CickNipolla - Feb 15, 2022

53 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Dec 23, 2023 7:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.