Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 12, 2015 2:16 PM
Jul 2018
Nagi is getting a little nervous before her performance with Kousei onstage.
Feb 12, 2015 2:30 PM

Dec 2013
F**K I hate when the episodes ends in this series!

I've gotten a Clannad After Strory feeling from this series for quite some time now... GG.

Feb 12, 2015 2:36 PM

Jun 2014
Jesus-desu said:
babymimi said:
I don't care for Nagi so it's a boring episode imo. & damn, everything triggers flashbacks in this show.

Agreed, it went downhill since drama took over the show.

but the main theme of the show is drama.......so there is no "since"

The first half of the show was nowhere near as melodramatic as the latest episodes. Am I supposed to care about a side character that was introduced 2 weeks ago? Boring.
Feb 12, 2015 2:46 PM

Jul 2014
AHHHHHH NEXT NEXT NEXTTTTT
Feb 12, 2015 2:55 PM

Nov 2008
I always love the feels showed on this series despite being so predictable xDD

I like the handling of the atmosphere. xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Feb 12, 2015 3:12 PM
Nov 2010
I really enjoyed this episode. I personally didn't think it was a slow episode at all. I shed a couple tears...seeing Arima's fears, seeing Nagi's fears, seeing Kaori's fears... seeing them struggle is real.

It's amazing that Nagi sucked me into her performance, I'm looking more forward to her performance than Emi's and Takeshi's. Guess that's what the "slow" parts are for.

When they showed the calendar was November, it made me think of Shirobako and wonder if they started the production for this episode in November. xD

I was super surprised when Watari confessed to Arima that Kaori's eyes looked toward him. That really was much more mature than his years...but maybe cuz they've been friends for so long...

Anyways this episode was really powerful. Everyone was so vulnerable. Perfect timing for Valentine's Day. That part where Arima held Nagi's hands was a tender moment for me.

I remember all the time my hands shaking when that adrenanline rush came right before performing. It's almost the same for public speaking lol.
yngtadpoleFeb 12, 2015 3:19 PM
Feb 12, 2015 3:45 PM

Jan 2009
Nagi aiza is alright but I really don't understand her role in this story. It's like she just taking up the show time among the 4 main chars. If anything, they should've focused on emi igawa much more than nagi.

8/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Feb 12, 2015 3:52 PM

Jan 2014
This has to be said:

Watari++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If every guy respected the bro code such as he does, I would have never had to pick up fencing.

Shaniyaz said:

Nagi looked nice in her green dress. Outgrowing her brocon, she'll might begin to harbor feelings for her sensei instead. :3

She allready has, she ran after him when she noticed he was down, because he reminded her of her brother.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Feb 12, 2015 3:57 PM
Feb 2013
Oh, YAY, one more piano performance ! :D
Feb 12, 2015 4:04 PM
May 2013
I know the anime is adaptating the manga really well, but I feel like Nagi is more likeable in the anime than manga >.<
Feb 12, 2015 4:04 PM

May 2012
god damnit this is some powerful stuff, its even more impactful if youve actually had a background of somesort in music to understand where the nervousness comes from, or any type of performance art or sport, etc, but damn dude, havent cried this much since clannad and ef
Feb 12, 2015 4:14 PM

Jan 2013
Damn! They just have to end it when it gets so exciting ;_;
So Nagi also has to endure a lot of pressure. It was really nice to see Kousei encouraging Nagi and both going to the stage.

Feb 12, 2015 4:18 PM

Feb 2012
Okay, any girl would be fine for Kousei... even Nagi. She was acceptable in this episode. Though Kaori and Kousei obviously have feelings for each other, the chances are still hazy with Kaori x Kouse ending together.

Since Kaori just told Kousei things don't look good for her. Kousei should prepare himself emotionally for the worst. I have, but I still feel that tears will pour in the latter parts of the anime. :((

I can't wait for Nagi and Kousei's performance!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Feb 12, 2015 4:25 PM

Jan 2014
this whole kaori thing being ill is starting to drag on for too long imo
and the comedy seems really out of place now when the show is trying to be serious n_n

3.5/5 for this episode
Feb 12, 2015 4:31 PM

May 2012
Nice builder up episode. I hope Kousei and Nigi can touch Kaori with their music.
Feb 12, 2015 4:32 PM

May 2014
This was a great episode. Poor Nagi, having to face the expectations of everyone at her school and all those flashbacks just gave me the feels. It was nice to see Kousei and Kaori have a normal time together again, even though it lasted like 10 seconds. Next episode will definitely be spectacular.
Feb 12, 2015 4:46 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Cloudy-Sky said:
AT LEAST LET THEM REACH THE STAGE DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN IT.

I'm not 100% sure that Arima realized Kaoris condition yet. Or did he?

On another note I really like Nagi so far. I guess she is gonna play a big role after the "thing we all know is going to happen" happens or else why did she had so much development. Anyways I'm really anxious about the next episode now. Wanna see Nagis brother reaction too.

I think Kousei knows she has a bad condition. Kousei sees Kaori in the same position as his mom was, stuck in a hospital bed. However, right now he seems to be in denial, not wanting to accept the reality which is Kaori.

I'm anxious to see Nagi's performance. So what is Kousei going to do at the performance?
SweetKiichigoFeb 12, 2015 4:51 PM

Feb 12, 2015 5:05 PM

Jun 2013
Wow, would you look at that.... Another episode of Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso that killed my heart
Feb 12, 2015 5:12 PM

Oct 2013
Dat moment when Kaori becomes perfectly fine. I'd actually get kinda mad if that happens. Yeah I want to cry instead of get mad. I don't like people who troll.

This is honestly going to be beautifully sad.
Feb 12, 2015 5:20 PM
Jul 2018
I... liked this show much more at the beginning. There are all of these emotional scenes and I find myself not invested. I don't know at what point in the series that happened, but it did.

Also, I think the way it transitions back and forth from drama into brief comedic moments feels... forced? Weird? Giving me whip-lash? Killing the mood?
Feb 12, 2015 5:22 PM
Oct 2012
Chelizzle said:
On another note;The teacher(black haired woman) hit Kousei on the head,isn't that a bit idk shitty,considering the fact she knows that his mother traumatized him?

That kind of hit is soooooo cliched in Japan that even an abused child would know that it meant nothing. It's the kind of thing a teacher is expected to do to a wayward student, its pretty much on par with a zen master hitting you on the shoulder with a wooden stick to help you achieve enlightenment.

That aside, this show isn't that big on internal consistency, so probably not. Besides, all of Kousei's women hit him, the poor guy is probably going to end up being an "m".
Feb 12, 2015 5:34 PM

Mar 2013
You know, I've been saying this since the beginning but I still don't like her. It's just impossible for me.
It's not the fact that she gave Kousei something, it's how she's treating that something she gave him.
When the episode started and she asked him about the suicide I wanted so bad Kousei to tell her : "No, why would I want to do that ?" and when she said "It might be too late for me" I wanted him to answer : "Then die already". Seriously, this drama, I hate it. I may like this anime a lot, but this thing, with her being in the hospital, it's ruining it.
If Kousei said yes, it would have made me stop watching, because it would be ridiculous. Even the fact of thinking about it is stupid. Nobody will follow somebody to death, even though she was quoting, she was really asking him, in a way. I mean, she already gave up ? It's contradictory to her character, don't you think so ? Anyways, let's see how Aiza will react when he'll see Kousei with his sister :D
Feb 12, 2015 6:50 PM
Jul 2012
A great emotion with lots of character progression. Arima gets some resolve and Nagi shows more of whts beneath her boldness. I just hope Kaori doesn't become jealous rather than hear Kousei's feelings.
Feb 12, 2015 6:51 PM

Aug 2014
Why would they do this to us? :-(
Have to wait a week again.
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Feb 12, 2015 7:00 PM

Dec 2012
Another good episode.
Kaori just kidding.
Lol at Kousei eating the canale that he bought for Kaori.
Nagi getting in a lot of practice for the cultural festival and Kousei joining as well.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Feb 12, 2015 7:42 PM

Mar 2009
Good episode... eagerly awaiting the next one.
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Feb 12, 2015 8:20 PM
Oct 2010
babymimi said:
I don't care for Nagi so it's a boring episode imo. & damn, everything triggers flashbacks in this show.

VVaifu said:
Ehhh, cut right before the performance. I liked the first half of this anime when they performed all the time.

Unfortunately, this is true, and I am sorry I recommended this show to several people thinking it would not devolve to constant wangst. It is perfectly fine for a target audience still mesmerised by overblown LE TRAGIC, but for those of us past this adolescent stage where bigger (angst) is better (angst), it is merely tedious.
Feb 12, 2015 8:25 PM

Aug 2013
If Watari wants to be a pervert around 13 year old girls, the United States is also a nice place for him to be at.

http://abcnews.go.com/Weird/wireStory/oregon-judge-upskirt-photos-teen-store-illegal-28781542
Feb 12, 2015 8:54 PM

Jan 2014
I have a soft spot in my heart for mascots. More please.
Feb 12, 2015 9:10 PM

Feb 2013
My prediction for this series:

I'm going to cry my brains out.

That's all I've got so far.
Feb 12, 2015 9:23 PM

Oct 2007
hentai_proxy said:
babymimi said:

Unfortunately, this is true, and I am sorry I recommended this show to several people thinking it would not devolve to constant wangst. It is perfectly fine for a target audience still mesmerised by overblown LE TRAGIC, but for those of us past this adolescent stage where bigger (angst) is better (angst), it is merely tedious.

I don't think it would be as big a problem if it wasn't just so ridiculously drawn out. Then again this sort of thing is really really popular in Japan and with a decent number of fans here so it's probably just a cultural thing. The show actually seems to have gotten more popular in Japan as it does away with the things I used to find interesting about the story like the music aspect and meetings and partings with old friends to center around the story of a dying girl so that should say a lot. Companies like KEY wouldn't be as popular as they were if this weren't the case and if you've ever seen live action Japanese stuff then you know they love their full on overblown melodrama just dripping in weepy tones and overwrought pathos.

I just don't understand how I'm supposed to get invested and crying over the plight of a character that has been dying for over a cour now (again the painfully drawn out death of a character is a pretty common thing in live action Japanese drama where it can sometimes take an hour after you figure a story should have damn well ended already) when it's just such a commonplace trope and the execution is so typical.
Feb 12, 2015 9:34 PM

Aug 2013
Well, Kaori told Kousei she's terminal...as if we didn't already know.

A lot of conflict about people dealing with their ugly sides. Tsubaki saying she's ugly for being happy about Kousei not going to the hospital. Nagi saying she's an ugly phantom. Kaori saying a violinist who cant use her hands is no good. Even Kousei a little bit, with not knowing how to support Kaori.
Feb 12, 2015 10:05 PM

Apr 2014
I enjoyed this episode of Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso this week. It has a lot of set up for Nagi and at least Watari did something. I can't believe it took sooo many episodes to see Watari do something good. Overall, 4/5 for me. :) I still liked it though.

But there is still stuff to this episode that makes me question the show. Like why do people still act like jerks to Kousei even though he went through a significant amount of trauma. Like why do that to this poor guy? And some characters come off as unlikeable at times because of this. Yes, I am looking at you Kaori, Hiroko and Tsubaki. -_-
Feb 12, 2015 11:32 PM

Nov 2012
well, this was an ok episode i guess. i don't care about nagi that much, but i'm curious to see them play next week.

Chelizzle said:
On another note;The teacher(black haired woman) hit Kousei on the head,isn't that a bit idk shitty,considering the fact she knows that his mother traumatized him?

yeah, this scene left kind of a bad taste in my mouth. :/
Feb 12, 2015 11:57 PM
Jul 2018
babymimi said:

VVaifu said:
Ehhh, cut right before the performance. I liked the first half of this anime when they performed all the time.

Feb 13, 2015 12:20 AM
Dec 2012
I like how the anime whent from a nice,happy and fun story to a sad anime which whe know won't end so happy...
Sad I liked the blonde.
But I realy hate arima his childhood friend. Damn I can't stand her annoying and selfish behaviour...
Feb 13, 2015 12:54 AM
Feb 2015
nooo :( stop just before the performance again!!
we want more playing!
Feb 13, 2015 1:01 AM

May 2010
Kyandesu said:
Also, I think the way it transitions back and forth from drama into brief comedic moments feels... forced? Weird? Giving me whip-lash? Killing the mood?
I'll agree with "whip-lash" and "Killing the mood". As a feelings kind of person, just when I'm about to feel something, the comedic moment suddenly comes up and, BAM! Scene ruined. Like why it gotta be half-assed? Just choose one! щ(゚Д゚щ)
Feb 13, 2015 1:01 AM

Sep 2014
5 more episodes until I cry my heart out for Kaori :'((

Those costumes onstage were cute, can't wait for Nagi X Kousei performance.

Watari's the real MVP on this episode, I guess he already knows he's onlt the looks and Kosei's actually the man for Kaori.

Feb 13, 2015 2:48 AM

Sep 2013
kaori- chan.. the only reason im watching this show..
and she keeps getting a flag every episode.. and even though i know what will happen in the end, im still watching every updates..
am i a masochist?
Feb 13, 2015 2:58 AM

Aug 2011
man this is depressing... now this loli mascot yeah i know she has some points but they are putting her like she is going to be in a near future romance I can't handle that
Y-Y Kaori forever it breaks my heart
and if it's not kaori then Tsubaki but i hate how they always portrait the energetic friend who doesnt know where belongs and put her in a bitchy way U_U she was with him always tho she didnt like music she stays by his side and wanted to see him happy :/ but no they had to add the loli blonde who is popular at school Im sorry i know 90% of the people love those heroines or wtv
Feb 13, 2015 3:36 AM

Dec 2014
i hate cliffhangers! well,anyway I want to see how Takeshi reacts if he saw Kousei, I just can't wait xD
Feb 13, 2015 3:37 AM

Jan 2014
jbeat said:
Since Kaori just told Kousei things don't look good for her. Kousei should prepare himself emotionally for the worst.

He's getting there. I think the last episodes will be more about him realising he has to be there for her too though, as she needs him at least as much as the other way around.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Feb 13, 2015 3:53 AM

Jun 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
hentai_proxy said:

I don't think it would be as big a problem if it wasn't just so ridiculously drawn out. Then again this sort of thing is really really popular in Japan and with a decent number of fans here so it's probably just a cultural thing. The show actually seems to have gotten more popular in Japan as it does away with the things I used to find interesting about the story like the music aspect and meetings and partings with old friends to center around the story of a dying girl so that should say a lot. Companies like KEY wouldn't be as popular as they were if this weren't the case and if you've ever seen live action Japanese stuff then you know they love their full on overblown melodrama just dripping in weepy tones and overwrought pathos.

I just don't understand how I'm supposed to get invested and crying over the plight of a character that has been dying for over a cour now (again the painfully drawn out death of a character is a pretty common thing in live action Japanese drama where it can sometimes take an hour after you figure a story should have damn well ended already) when it's just such a commonplace trope and the execution is so typical.

I feel like we're supposed to feel bad for every damn character, no thanks.
Feb 13, 2015 4:04 AM

Mar 2011
Kaori looking more and more pale, makes my heart HURT T_T, i want moreeeee....
10 - [A+] Personal favourite: Best of its genre.
9 - [A] Excellent: Highly enjoyable and memorable.
8 - [B] Great: Genuinely liked and worthwhile.
7 - [C] Average: It's average, still entertaining.
6 - [D] Poor: It's aight. Flawed show.
5 - [E] Bad: Why did i even watch this.
< - [F] Uhh: Nani the fuck?!
Feb 13, 2015 4:07 AM

Jun 2013
That's quite a sad episode. Though, is it just me or is the show a bit rubbing the fact on our faces that Kaori is gonna die and that you should feel emotional?

I don't have any problems with the drama though it just feels so forced with Kaori.

I wonder when Watari would get his character development. Out of the four mains, he's the only one who hasn't gotten the slightest bit of development...
Feb 13, 2015 5:42 AM

Aug 2012
Cloudy-Sky said:
AT LEAST LET THEM REACH THE STAGE DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN IT.

Feb 13, 2015 6:06 AM

Sep 2014
This Anime is officially evil. It's playing with my fickle heart too much, dammit. ;-;

Somewhat annoyed that the damn episode ended just before they even started the performance. Now I'm guessing the Cultural Festival will take up like 2 episodes atleast. Oh well, let's see what happens next.
Feb 13, 2015 7:34 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode, I loved how he snapped at the hospital and ate everything.
Can't wait to hear the performance.
Feb 13, 2015 8:59 AM

Dec 2013
Watari = Walking hard-on
Arigatou sub team, you made my day and forever etched those words into my mind. XD

Having read the end of this manga already I won't say much, but I enjoyed every moment this episode brought. The fact that everything is so real, that everyone has their own issues, well... apart from Seto and her daughter (they're hilariously crazy good fun, I wish I knew people like that). Nagi is unsure of how to encourage her brother to get with the program and start chasing after Kousei again, and Kousei is facing the dilemma where he can pretty much see all the signs of Kaori being just like his mother, and feeling helpless about it because he doesn't know what to do to make her happy and stop giving up on herself (in his mothers case, he kept winning Competitions).

This episode and the next one will officially cement Nagi as best girl. Looking forward to it immensely!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
5 hours ago

» Let me share my experience to re-watching it again

GuyWithoutFear - Apr 13

1 by falko92 »»
Apr 20, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

295 by kyledluffy »»
Apr 16, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1174 by LordArmandtrox »»
Apr 16, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Is this worth watching even if you got spoiled on the ending ? ( 1 2 )

Mister_WD - Apr 23, 2022

70 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 15, 11:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.