Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 12, 2015 3:16 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
> Just kidding, just thought I'd say it?
Wow...

Well, that is her response although I have mixed thoughts about it. I definitely think Watari is right though about trying to get Kousei to see Kaori again. I love how Kousei just decides to play the cultural festival though lol or rather Nagi's reaction to it. Still, I think Nagi should toughen up a bit and not shed tears so much...

Slow episode but imo necessarily for the buildup. Everyone can get scared sometimes even if it's just a school festival.

Really loved the way her mentor motivated Nagi though this episode. That's what I'd call a role model! Same with Kousei. His motivating words was nice imo and now, I can't wait to see her perform.

That last scene of Kaori this episode still worries me a bit though..
Stark700Feb 12, 2015 3:21 AM
Feb 12, 2015 8:45 AM

Nov 2007
Leaked again, huh?!

Her forgetting was not real... yet. So Pianist guy ended up not going... and is not in the mood, and even that KajiKaji's character's sister feeling worried (though only because that reminds him of her brother). Now violinist girl says just forget about her.

KajiKaji's character's sister is actually painful for the expectation from the people. School festival concert and KajiKaji's character and pianist guy's friends are there, but not violinist girl.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 12, 2015 11:26 AM
Oct 2013
I swear this anime has me sitting so far at the edge of my seat it's ridiculous. They definitely know how to build anticipation. And man, the ache in my heart for Kousei and Kaori is growing so painful. I don't know how I'll deal with it when Kaori dies :( (I'm an anime only watcher so thats NOT SPOILERS but speculation)
Feb 12, 2015 11:32 AM

Jul 2010
Really enjoying on how I perceived this episode. Being afraid, being irresponsible and more thoughts and conflicts colliding with each other.

Wanting to be remembered, yet wanting forgotten if it hurts anyone. Perhaps being too nice for their own good or something much simpler yet complex. All the conflicts as each of them are trying to find themselves, it really was quite emotionally impacting.

Nagi is quite the likable character. Having to hear what others say so casually, filled with ill-intent and what not. Kousei getting Nagi on stage. Seeking companionship and empathy from others, it really makes me think of what extent can a person live alone.

Really great episode, but seeing Kaori like that is :/ not so pleasant.
Feb 12, 2015 11:49 AM

Jul 2007
AT LEAST LET THEM REACH THE STAGE DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN IT.

I'm not 100% sure that Arima realized Kaoris condition yet. Or did he?

On another note I really like Nagi so far. I guess she is gonna play a big role after the "thing we all know is going to happen" happens or else why did she had so much development. Anyways I'm really anxious about the next episode now. Wanna see Nagis brother reaction too.
Feb 12, 2015 11:52 AM

Aug 2010
Why did it have to end there T^T...well at least this ep wasn't sad compared to the other. Finally my heart was able to have a break XD

I wanted to see the performance and Takeshi's reaction to Arima so much D:

Watari's quite the Bro. Nice to see how he realized the one Kaori is in love with is actually Kousei.

Loving Nagi and Kousei's interactions a lot. She's definitely growing to become his support. Tsubaki probably has no idea she has another rival in the making :P

Still sad for Kaori every single time :( Will we really never hear her perform ever again T^T
Feb 12, 2015 11:55 AM

Feb 2014
Cloudy-Sky said:
AT LEAST LET THEM REACH THE STAGE DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN IT.

On another note I really like Nagi so far. I guess she is gonna play a big role after the "thing we all know is going to happen" happens or else why did she had so much development. Anyways I'm really anxious about the next episode now. Wanna see Nagis brother reaction too.

99% sure he does know lol
Feb 12, 2015 11:56 AM

Apr 2010
RIP in peace Kaori.

Kousei x Nagi OTP
Feb 12, 2015 11:59 AM

Feb 2014
i wish they would stop stalling the romance between Kousei and Kaori :/
but i did enjoy the budding relationship as student and mentor between Kousei and Nagi. (perhaps something more in the future? :P)

loving the ED more and more with each passing week
Feb 12, 2015 12:05 PM
Apr 2013
Haven't you heard/read manga? You should know the ending..
Feb 12, 2015 12:13 PM

Jul 2013
Watari, what a bro.
Waiting for Takeshi's reaction when he sees Kousei up there with Nagi.

Nice episode.
Feb 12, 2015 12:17 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
One of the best episodes of this anime. Kousei x Nagi, wonderful big brother - little sister type relationship. The real star of this episode though was Watari, he gained big, big points in my book.
Feb 12, 2015 12:17 PM

Aug 2013
HBKwowo said:

No. Not everyone has a time for read all released mangas.
And look at the top of thread -ANIME NOT MANGA DISCUSSION.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 12, 2015 12:18 PM

Oct 2009
Next episode will be amazing.

Cloudy-Sky said:

I think Kousei knows it very well.
Feb 12, 2015 12:18 PM

Feb 2014
HBKwowo said:

it's pretty obvious what's going to happen to a terminally ill patient lol
you don't need to read anything to know what's going to happen now

come on a morbid, double suicide comment and saying she doesn't have much time left
can someone be that dense to not know what's happening?

Feb 12, 2015 12:19 PM

Apr 2011
I love the build up at the end I hope Kousei and Nagi.
But the feels at the end for Kaori I just wonder what is going through her head.
Feb 12, 2015 12:20 PM

May 2013
Nagi getting a little nervous before they go right up, but Kousei is there to calm her down. Can't wait to hear the performance.
Feb 12, 2015 12:21 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
And yes, next episode will be powerful.
Feb 12, 2015 12:23 PM

Feb 2014
i love when they use IRL scenes from the anime in music videos

music video of the second ED (full)
it even has some live action kousei and kaori :D

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1599045106996716&set=vb.1476682549232973&type=2&theater
Feb 12, 2015 12:31 PM

Sep 2012
>Just kidding.
That's not alright..
Oh god who are you people?
Feb 12, 2015 12:33 PM

Apr 2013
My god, this anime is something else.
Feb 12, 2015 12:36 PM

Aug 2014
lllllllll said:
My god, this anime is something else.

It's predictive; is what it is.

I can't even hold my breath till the last episode already. It'll be my greatest day.
Feb 12, 2015 12:41 PM

Dec 2013
Ehhh, cut right before the performance. I liked the first half of this anime when they performed all the time.
Feb 12, 2015 12:42 PM

Jun 2014
I don't care for Nagi so it's a boring episode imo. & damn, everything triggers flashbacks in this show.

VVaifu said:
Ehhh, cut right before the performance. I liked the first half of this anime when they performed all the time.

Agreed, it went downhill since drama took over the show.
Feb 12, 2015 12:43 PM

Dec 2013
antonn said:
RIP in peace Kaori.

Kousei x Nagi OTP

Kinda. She looks like a primary school kid tho :/
Feb 12, 2015 12:52 PM

Oct 2014
You know a Nagi X Kosei arc won't be bad.
Feb 12, 2015 12:56 PM

Feb 2014
VVaifu said:
antonn said:
RIP in peace Kaori.

Kousei x Nagi OTP

Kinda. She looks like a primary school kid tho :/

that's because she probably is and Kousei ain't much older than she is.
Feb 12, 2015 1:00 PM

Feb 2014
babymimi said:
I don't care for Nagi so it's a boring episode imo. & damn, everything triggers flashbacks in this show.

VVaifu said:

Agreed, it went downhill since drama took over the show.

but the main theme of the show is drama.......so there is no "since"
Feb 12, 2015 1:04 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode. I really love Hiroko, she's such an amazing character. And Watari is such a great friend.

Also, fortunately, Tsubaki appeared only for a short time. Honestly, I can't stand her - she's so irritating. Yup, I know - she loves Kousei, but she's in denial etc, etc. Sorry, but I still don't like her.

I can't wait for the next ep - to hear the performance.
Feb 12, 2015 1:06 PM
Oct 2012
Jesus-desu said:
but the main theme of the show is drama.......so there is no "since"

You left out the melo prefix :-)

I like this arc primarily because it has the second most natural feel to it (the original piano competitors was my favorite). Nagi trying to live up to her brother, which has trapped her talent into a box (though this isn't the fault of either, but rather external expectations), her growing up literally before our eyes. Kousei learning that he does have something to offer (not just playing the piano, but in being a human), and is growing a bit wiser. Nice sequence.

This arc is where this series is very good, however it also serves as a juxtaposition that highlights what this show could have been (IMO a lot better).
Feb 12, 2015 1:09 PM

Feb 2014
Shaniyaz said:
That Kaori scene at the end though.. No dialogues, no BGM but only the sound of rain and her sitting alone, and that was enough to break my heart again. T_T

Great episode! Takeshi's reaction next week after seeing his imouto next to Kousei would be something to look forward to. XD

I thought that was the sound of applauding coming from Kaori's phone, as if Watari is on the other end recording the performance or something so Kaori could hear it since she's not there.

And yes! Can't wait to see his reaction.

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Feb 12, 2015 1:10 PM

Jan 2014
Another boring episode...*sigh* The first half of this show was really good, now it's just meh. The more they are crying, the less impact it will have on the audience, like cmon can we have one episode without crying plz . I really feel like dropping this show, but I'll bear with it and see if it's ending can save it
Feb 12, 2015 1:11 PM

Oct 2007
Man they REALLY seem to love emphasizing the weepier portions of the manga wherever possible. I'll never understand why people go for this sort of thing, it's just so painfully overwrought.

DoctorWasabi said:
Another boring episode...*sigh* The first half of this show was really good, now it's just meh. The more they are crying, the less impact it will have on the audience, like cmon can we have one episode without crying plz . I really feel like dropping this show, but I'll bear with it and see if it's ending can save it

Just way WAY too much weepy stuff for sure. It remember it being something of a problem with the manga but not nearly to the degree it is when it's voice acted. I also still maintain that they chose the voice casting for the MC very poorly and based on favoritism rather than best choice at least for me because I continue to find Natsuki Hanae cannot find that middle ground necessary between brutal overacting and deadpan underacting, sometimes within the same role. Sometimes I think Yoshiyuki Tomino isn't being all that unfair when he argues that the new generation of voice actors kind of suck. There's just something very try hard about a lot of the newer ones where nothing really feels naturally.

The thing is for me that the material itself doesn't necessarily come across as that particularly dramatic, it's just being interpreted that way and being driven in by the show with all the subtly of a jackhammer. This isn't the only show that does this sort of thing mind you, it's just kind of a problem with a lot of Japanese drama in general for me, especially teen melodrama like this show.
PeacingOutFeb 12, 2015 1:17 PM
Feb 12, 2015 1:12 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Always the same people...tsk.
Feb 12, 2015 1:13 PM
Feb 2015
It is getting there, slowly but surely......
I really hope that it ends on a happy note..

By the way, can anyone please tell me what the 18th episode is titled as?
I missed the preview :(
Feb 12, 2015 1:15 PM

Oct 2007
Smudy said:
Always the same people...tsk.

I'm sorry your thread can't be all non-stop unconditional praise and adulation.
Feb 12, 2015 1:17 PM
Jan 2014
only 5 more episodes left this was sad part your right his child hood friend need speak up tell how she feels i not sure it wasn't translated
Feb 12, 2015 1:20 PM

Aug 2012
Nice bulid up between Kousei and Nagi .... and they ended it right before the performance , of course ..

I can't wait for the next episode though
This is going to be great .
Feb 12, 2015 1:27 PM

Oct 2014
i have a feeling of what's gonna happen.....history repeats itself.
Feb 12, 2015 1:28 PM
Jan 2014
Fatma94 said:
Jesus-desu said:

that's because she probably is and Kousei ain't much older than she is.

she's in her first year of junior high and Kousei is in his last year I believe.

i don't think he in high school because that's music school so he in junior high like maybe e 7th grade she in 6th because teacher ask him choose next school witch is next high school for musical interests
Feb 12, 2015 1:28 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
ScarletCrystal said:
Shaniyaz said:
That Kaori scene at the end though.. No dialogues, no BGM but only the sound of rain and her sitting alone, and that was enough to break my heart again. T_T

Great episode! Takeshi's reaction next week after seeing his imouto next to Kousei would be something to look forward to. XD

I thought that was the sound of applauding coming from Kaori's phone, as if Watari is on the other end recording the performance or something so Kaori could hear it since she's not there.

Yeah, it could be a possibility that it was the sound of applauding coming from Kaori's phone; and since Kousei asked Watari for a favor, this is it probably.

But to me, it felt more like the sound of rain, considering the gloomy looking weather outside and Kaori's current circumstance. I think this scene was made deliberately to have a double meaning. Or, maybe I'm over-analyzing it.

Feb 12, 2015 1:29 PM
Feb 2015
szympus11 said:
Nice bulid up between Kousei and Nagi .... and they ended it right before the performance , of course ..

I can't wait for the next episode though
This is going to be great .

Yeah, they had to end it there and show Kaori listening either the claps or rain over her cellphone....

Can you tell me what the 18th episode is titled as please?
I missed it
Feb 12, 2015 1:31 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Shaniyaz said:
ScarletCrystal said:

Yeah, it could be a possibility that it was the sound of applauding coming from Kaori's phone; and since Kousei asked Watari for a favor, this is it probably.

But to me, it felt more like the sound of rain, considering the gloomy looking weather outside and Kaori's current circumstance. I think this scene was made deliberately to have a double meaning. Or, maybe I'm over-analyzing it.

Kousei told Watari to do something for him...i assume, he told him to live record the performance for Kaori.
Feb 12, 2015 1:31 PM

Aug 2013
ranma6899 said:
Fatma94 said:

she's in her first year of junior high and Kousei is in his last year I believe.

i don't think he in high school because that's music school so he in junior high like maybe e 7th grade she in 6th because teacher ask him choose next school witch is next high school for musical interests

I meant Arima is in his last year of middle school :o
Feb 12, 2015 1:41 PM
Aug 2014
This anime keeps fluctuating between beautiful and melancholic to silly and light-hearted.

Ugh, Shigatsu is too sugoi for me.

(Sorry, I let my inner weeb come out.)

And at 12:12 what was up with Nagi's face? Did the creators make her eyes like that on purpose or was it an accident?

(And omg I felt so bad when I laughed at "lolicon bait", sorry not sorry.)
Feb 12, 2015 1:56 PM

Dec 2011
Dat question doe...

It's really nice seeing Nagi wanting to cheer up Kousei T.T

Ah, so Kaori actually told Kousei that she's not doing that well... damn...

Dem feelings doe T.T

That "lolicon bait" part was kinda annyoing... Kousei x Nagi...

Watari's such a bro... and a pervert...

I really hate it when I have to wait another week to hear them play... a week filled with hard exams... I guess it will be my reward XD
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Feb 12, 2015 2:02 PM

Jul 2014
Just 5 more episodes.... Already crying
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Feb 12, 2015 2:02 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, some very emotional scenes. I don't like how some of them were cut off.
Feb 12, 2015 2:03 PM

Feb 2014
Kousei is 14 I believe. Didn't Nagi say she was 13
Feb 12, 2015 2:09 PM

Aug 2013
Jesus-desu said:
Kousei is 14 I believe. Didn't Nagi say she was 13

she did but she also said she was a first year student in the music program of her school in episode 15
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

295 by kyledluffy »»
Apr 16, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1174 by LordArmandtrox »»
Apr 16, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Is this worth watching even if you got spoiled on the ending ? ( 1 2 )

Mister_WD - Apr 23, 2022

70 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 15, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Who do you like with Kousei Arima more ?

randomlock - Mar 24, 2016

20 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 15, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2014

286 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 14, 9:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.