Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 11, 2015 5:39 PM

May 2010
So just engaged in what devolved into a trolling match over Akame ga Kill, but I want to know if anyone has any rational, objective opinions for why popular anime (specifically but not limited to Sword Art Online, Attack on Titan, Akame ga Kill) that appeal to casuals/neutrals are so often discriminated and criticised against.I find it rather extreme and unfitting, so I guess that is the goal of this thread. I don't know if similar threads like this have been created, I don't feel i should have to appeal to moderators not to delete this thread, but I do so anyway. I only intend to respond to someone if they have valid things to say, and plan to avoid any comments that convey ignorance.

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 11, 2015 5:40 PM

Dec 2013
The answer is always popularity.

Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
Feb 11, 2015 5:40 PM
Mar 2011
jimmykudo3000 said:
So just engaged in what devolved into a trolling match over Akame ga Kill, but I want to know if anyone has any rational, objective opinions for why popular anime (specifically but not limited to Sword Art Online, Attack on Titan, Akame ga Kill) that appeal to casuals/neutrals are so often discriminated and criticised against.I find it rather extreme and unfitting, so I guess that is the goal of this thread. I don't know if similar threads like this have been created, I don't feel i should have to appeal to moderators not to delete this thread, but I do so anyway. I only intend to respond to someone if they have valid things to say, and plan to avoid any comments that convey ignorance.

no its the the real big anime like the real bigg thes witch dae hated
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Feb 11, 2015 5:43 PM

Oct 2012
Feb 11, 2015 5:47 PM

May 2010
Feaor said:
Hype Backlash

The biggest fallacy of that post is implying that anyone said Akame ga Kill, or the like are clinical masterpieces. I've yet to hear that even from the most optimistic of fans. To me, the first 14 episodes of Sword Art Online are a clinical masterpiece, but in its entirety, not even I who stand for Sword Art Online on the front lines would have the audacity to proclaim it as such.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 11, 2015 5:49 PM

Jul 2011
Some people don't like things that other people like.
Some people likes to eat fish, other people can't see it in the dinner table.
Feb 11, 2015 5:49 PM

Mar 2014
Akame ga kill isn't popular. You aren't the first to make this thread.
Feb 11, 2015 5:50 PM

Jan 2015
Pupa was never fully understood, thats why they hate
Feb 11, 2015 5:50 PM

Jan 2008
For a big part of it, it's the part of the internet community that hates on anything popular for the sake of starting shitstorms by pointing out the smallest flaws they can into a several page argument with them laughing their asses off behind their screen.

Naruto is a great example of people hating it because its Naruto. So many times I see people bashing it for no logical reason what so ever. "He wears a orange jumpsuit so I hate the series. Hurr durr."

In the case of Akame ga Kill, manga fans were butthurt over the choice of adaption.
Feb 11, 2015 5:51 PM

May 2010
Praland said:

Pal there's a difference between not liking something, and ignorant producing fallacies. Especially in art, we have objective standards to help establish quality. Animation, Art, Setting, Plot development, conclusion, etc.

I guess ultimately preference will always be subjective, but it is not as simple as this analogy.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 11, 2015 5:53 PM

Oct 2012
sullynathan said:
Sure, but it certainly was being hyped like hell here while it was airing, especially before the anime only portion and especially in the beginning. And when something has a lot of hype its not surprising when people who do not feel it deserves the hype lash out.

I don't hate anything and nothing is as good or as bad as the fans or haters make it out to be.
Feb 11, 2015 5:56 PM

May 2010
sullynathan said:

Never implied I was, in fact if anything, I probably implied I wasn't MAL Forums have predated my joining even in May of 2010, so it definitely should have been.

SkyEatsOcean said:
Pupa was never fully understood, thats why they hate

LOL Poor Pupa.

Paul said:
For a big part of it, it's the part of the internet community that hates on anything popular for the sake of starting shitstorms by pointing out the smallest flaws they can into a several page argument with them laughing their asses off behind their screen.

Naruto is a great example of people hating it because its Naruto. So many times I see people bashing it for no logical reason what so ever. "He wears a orange jumpsuit so I hate the series. Hurr durr."

In the case of Akame ga Kill, manga fans were butthurt over the choice of adaption.

Yeah well Surely there are these people out there like this, I don't want to generalise to the entire internet community as you do, but it definitely seems, in the blogosphere, or sites like /a/ or as I witness myself along these forums, more often than not i catch unjustified criticism.

As far as Naruto, I can go into an entire essay on that alone so I will avoid that, I don't say i like or dislike naruto, i think its an average shounen in the end.

As far as Akame ga Kill, being different should not automatically imply worse

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 11, 2015 5:56 PM

Dec 2012
"Too much fanservice" they say. "Train wreck" they say. Too much jealousy over Cross Ange, but hey hatuhs gawna h88888.
Feb 11, 2015 5:57 PM

Feb 2013
FGAU1912 said:

this post is truly 2deep4me
Feb 11, 2015 5:59 PM

May 2010
Hand_of_the_King said:
FGAU1912 said:

this post is truly 2deep4me

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL Stop, I'm Crying.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 11, 2015 6:02 PM

Oct 2012
jimmykudo3000 said:
Especially in art, we have objective standards to help establish quality. Animation, Art, Setting, Plot development, conclusion, etc.
The only one of these that has anything close to an objective 'standard' is animation, art does not have objective standards.
Feb 11, 2015 6:02 PM

Feb 2013
its all about supoer power kids fighting >__>
akame ga kill is the best of those cause they actually die
snk is pretty cool too mostly cause of levi
Feb 11, 2015 6:04 PM

Jan 2015
I think it is twofold.

1) Shows that are popular, by the very nature of them being popular, are viewed by a larger number of people than most other shows. Like with any show, not everyone that watches it will like it. But the absolute number of people that dislike a popular show will be greater than that of any other show, even assuming if the percentage of the viewership that disliked the show is the same. Since there is a larger number of people complaining about popular shows, we assume that they are more hated than they actually are. Regardless, they're considered popular for a reason so despite of how much hate they seem to get, the reality is that those people are ultimately the minority and the show is largely enjoyed by most.

2) Some people are simply hipsters and hate anything that is popular/mainstream because reasons.
Feb 11, 2015 6:04 PM

Apr 2013
Because casual people are idiots who can't be trusted, especially with anime. Therefore, all casual anime is objectively shit, you don't even have to watch it to know it's shit.

People like to start stupid arguments and dislike when things they deem as bad are more popular than their favorite anime, I suppose.
Feb 11, 2015 6:05 PM

May 2010
Feaor said:
jimmykudo3000 said:
Especially in art, we have objective standards to help establish quality. Animation, Art, Setting, Plot development, conclusion, etc.
The only one of these that has anything close to an objective 'standard' is animation, art does not have objective standards.

See that's where you wrong. It's based on your misunderstand on subjective

I don't blame you, It's a result of society since time immemorial that "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

Pal, literally took a philosophy course in college that dealt specifically with objective & subjective standards. For example, Murder is objectively wrong right? I can go into the reasons why the two are essentially the same standard, but it would be the equivalent of a University level Thesis that I really am not going to construct.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 11, 2015 6:05 PM

Jun 2013
jimmykudo3000 said:
Praland said:

Pal there's a difference between not liking something, and ignorant producing fallacies. Especially in art, we have objective standards to help establish quality. Animation, Art, Setting, Plot development, conclusion, etc.

I guess ultimately preference will always be subjective, but it is not as simple as this analogy.

This post is hilarious.

Objective standards in art? Humorous.

As posted above, the only one of those criteria close to being objective is 'animation'.

Otherwise, great troll thread.
It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
YandereTheEmo said:
The only thing more pathetic than quoting someone you know nothing about, is quoting yourself.
Feb 11, 2015 6:07 PM

Aug 2008
I heard AgK is quite hyped here in MAL. I never heard of it before it airing so I wasn't hype for it. I don't think it receive that much hated in other forums. At least not in Crunchy Roll or Animesuki.

Agk is very popular in USA and of course,this is English language forums. So you can guess where does the hype come from.
ZapredonFeb 11, 2015 6:21 PM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Feb 11, 2015 6:08 PM

May 2010
Xilium7 said:
I think it is twofold.

1) Shows that are popular, by the very nature of them being popular, are viewed by a larger number of people than most other shows. Like with any show, not everyone that watches it will like it. But the absolute number of people that dislike a popular show will be greater than that of any other show, even assuming if the percentage of the viewership that disliked the show is the same. Since there is a larger number of people complaining about popular shows, we assume that they are more hated than they actually are. Regardless, they're considered popular for a reason so despite of how much hate they seem to get, the reality is that those people are ultimately the minority and the show is largely enjoyed by most.

2) Some people are simply hipsters and hate anything that is popular/mainstream because reasons.

I'm ashamed to say I never really though of option 1 like that before, but you're only right. Good argument pal.

Edit: Even though you are objectively right in post 1, does that explain though the level of animosity and contempt those shows produce? So much of it seems disproportionate even for not liking a show.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 11, 2015 6:15 PM

Nov 2013
If I wanted to pick a fight, I'd choose something popular to bash on. No point talking shit about something that's unpopular because no one would be interested
Feb 11, 2015 6:28 PM

Jan 2015
jimmykudo3000 said:
Edit: Even though you are objectively right in post 1, does that explain though the level of animosity and contempt those shows produce? So much of it seems disproportionate even for not liking a show.

People generally like to see their opinions validated, which is why we tend to hang around people that share similar opinions. So it can be rather irksome when something you dislike becomes so popular that it can't be denied that you are of the "wrong" opinion. So the people of the dissenting opinion will then gather together and actively hate on the popular thing because it makes them feel better and surrounds them with like minded people.

Also, elitist will be elitist. They exist in every artistic fanbase and hold the opinion that anything that caters to the masses is somehow lessening the medium (sacrificing artistic value for greater popularity). Very rarely does this actually take away from the medium though (the stuff they want generally continues to be created) and their fears are largely unfounded.

Edit: Casual fans also tend to spend less time on web forums so their opinions tend to go largely unheard in places like this.
Xilium7Feb 11, 2015 6:38 PM
Feb 11, 2015 6:32 PM

Jan 2013
People hate things for being popular. It's kinda sad when you notice it.
Feb 11, 2015 6:32 PM

Apr 2014
Because it makes you cool to hate on what's popular
Feb 11, 2015 6:33 PM

Apr 2013
VitaminCaim said:
How do you differentiate between someone who hates something amply because it's popular, and someone who hates something popular because they thought it was bad?
Feb 11, 2015 6:34 PM

Jan 2013
YandereTheEmo said:
jimmykudo3000 said:

This post is hilarious.

As posted above, the only one of those criteria close to being objective is 'animation'.

You can set an objective standard to art if you establish a framework though.
Feb 11, 2015 6:34 PM

Oct 2012
Chelizzle said:
I know someone who said AkG is the only masterpiece and Tatami Galaxy is shit and rated it a 4.
He's right, Tatami Galaxy is pretentious garbage, AgK is a mature battle shounen deconstruction.
Feb 11, 2015 6:36 PM

Jun 2013
VitaminCaim said:
YandereTheEmo said:

This post is hilarious.

You can set an objective standard to art if you establish a framework though.

But that framework, in the confines of an entertainment medium, is more preferential, or prejudicial, than objective--or for the sake of questioning, probative.
It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
YandereTheEmo said:
The only thing more pathetic than quoting someone you know nothing about, is quoting yourself.
Feb 11, 2015 6:37 PM

Jan 2013
Cupquake said:
VitaminCaim said:
How do you differentiate between someone who hates something amply because it's popular, and someone who hates something popular because they thought it was bad?
Observation and implication. For example, when the new Fire Emblem IF trailer released, someone said it was going to shit because it's going to be like Pokemon and Call of Duty. "Because it's going to be popular"
Feb 11, 2015 6:37 PM

Dec 2012
Ratohnhaketon said:
"Too much fanservice" they say. "Train wreck" they say. Too much jealousy over Cross Ange, but hey hatuhs gawna h88888.
[right]
"The big secret to breaking the rules is to make it look as though you're following them."
Feb 11, 2015 6:38 PM

May 2010
Xilium7 said:
People generally like to see their opinions validated, which is why we tend to hang around people that share similar opinions. So it can be rather irksome when something you dislike becomes so popular that it can't be denied that you are of the "wrong" opinion. So the people of the dissenting opinion will then gather together and actively hate on the popular thing because it makes them feel better and surrounds them with like minded people.

Also, elitist will be elitist. They exist in every artistic fanbase and hold the opinion that anything that caters to the masses is somehow lessening the medium (sacrificing artistic value for greater popularity). Very rarely does this actually take away from the medium though (the stuff the want generally continues to be created) and their fears are largely unfounded.

Edit: Casual fans also tend to spend less time on web forums so their opinions tend to go largely unheard in places like this.

I really like you, not being sarcastic. Everything you say actually makes sense to me and does a good job of trying to rationalise my post.

Chelizzle said:
I know someone who said AkG is the only masterpiece and Tatami Galaxy is shit and rated it a 4.

First let me apologise, I have not seen Tatami Galaxy. Second let me state, that if that is a true occurrence, then I do not defend statements like that.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 11, 2015 6:40 PM

May 2010
Cupquake said:
VitaminCaim said:

I think I can answer that. Through the context and nature of what they say. I think rational people, with a rational perspective will have that thought properly conveyed.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 11, 2015 6:44 PM

May 2010
VitaminCaim said:
Like I said, you can establish a framework but there are some aspects to entertainment can never be judged objectively no matter how much one sugarcoats.

Completely agree pal, Cause entertainment and preference are going to be subjective always.

I argue that quality is objective.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 11, 2015 6:47 PM

Apr 2013
VitaminCaim said:
Observation and implication. For example, when the new Fire Emblem IF trailer released, someone said it was going to shit because it's going to be like Pokemon and Call of Duty. "Because it's going to be popular"
Indeed, but that case is obvious because the person is ignorantly making claims about something that hasn't been released.
jimmykudo3000 said:

I think I can answer that. Through the context and nature of what they say. I think rational people, with a rational perspective will have that thought properly conveyed.
Basically yea
Feb 11, 2015 6:47 PM

Nov 2013
jimmykudo3000 said:
So just engaged in what devolved into a trolling match over Akame ga Kill, but I want to know if anyone has any rational, objective opinions

Objective opinions aren't real (those two words actually contradict each other)

anyway I don't see any rational reason to dislike it. Annoyance is understandable though. I get irritated by series like Naruto because when trying to make non-anime fans watch an anime, they're only willing to watch a series like Naruto or of similar calibre in terms of popularity. Aside from this it's just a bunch of bullshitting and trying to look cool/elitist
Feb 11, 2015 6:48 PM

Jan 2013
Cupquake said:
VitaminCaim said:
Indeed, but that case is obvious because the person is ignorantly making claims about something that hasn't been released.
Which makes the realization of it all the more sadder that people think that way. That's the only way I can see the differentiation though.
Feb 11, 2015 6:50 PM

May 2010
xEmptiness said:
Why even debate about artistic objectivity when most people don't have a single clue about art or philosophy (objectivity vs subjectivity) anyway?

Despite overwhelming statistical and experimental evidence in objective intelligence (g factor, psychometrics), the majority of the general public is still convinced that intelligence is completely subjective. Does it matter? To researchers and businesses looking for competent new recruits sure it is; but the general public will continue to misinterpret and misjudge intelligence.

Art is the same. It doesn't take a PhD in literary analysis to see the huge gap in quality and artistry of different anime, but there are going to be people arguing the objectively worse work is better anyway. Much like everything else in life.

If you enjoy the worse work more ok, if you think you have a stronger emotional attachment to it then ok. It's still objectively worse in terms of quality.

Yeah i literally cosign all of this, in fact I said much of this in some prior posts, conceding that preference and enjoyment are always going to be individualistic but that quality itself is inherently objective. I guess I do smile when I see people with similar & articulate viewpoints., not that opposing opinions can't be productive as well.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 11, 2015 6:50 PM

Jun 2013
Xilium7 said:

I've always disliked the 'hatred in numbers' concept. Sure, it's evident that it's more comfortable to buttress and argument with the assistance of multiple people, rather than single-handedly fighting a downhill battle--but how is that any different than grouping up for the sake of sharing one's enjoyment of something?

Hatred and enjoyment are merely two sides of the same proverbial coin, and yet time and time again hatred is claimed to be unfounded--the burden of proof is asserted to fall on those who dislike something--which once again, always struck me as a bit 'odd'. No show is inherently 'good' or 'bad' in an entertainment medium, and writing off minority opinions as being purely disparaging is well... crude, to say the least.

Point being, as referenced in the bold, the idea of an opinion being 'wrong' because it stands outside the majority is fairly inane, as opinions don't lie on a scale, but rather a spectrum.
YandereTheEmo said:
Feb 11, 2015 6:55 PM

May 2010
monarchyanarchy said:
jimmykudo3000 said:
So just engaged in what devolved into a trolling match over Akame ga Kill, but I want to know if anyone has any rational, objective opinions

Objective opinions aren't real (those two words actually contradict each other)

anyway I don't see any rational reason to dislike it. Annoyance is understandable though. I get irritated by series like Naruto because when trying to make non-anime fans watch an anime, they're only willing to watch a series like Naruto or of similar calibre in terms of popularity. Aside from this it's just a bunch of bullshitting and trying to look cool/elitist

Nah you're actually right, you caught me in a poor choice of words, I admit that, thought I still believed my thought was conveyed quite well, as i'm really happy with the direction this thread has taken a better phrasing may have been objective ideas or Sensible opinions

But I do agree that it can be annoying and ridiculous trust me pal, I get on the people who go on about shows like "Sword Art" or "Attack on Titan" as God's saving grace to Anime just the same I do the opposite spectrum. It's just to me the former is more understandable. If all you have seen is DragonBall, Pokemon and Yugioh than of course those are going to be the best anime you have ever seen. To me, that doesn't justify the "haters" right to act just as ignorant.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 11, 2015 6:57 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Protaku94 said:
Because it makes you cool to hate on what's popular

"I haaet swurd ar onlin and akame g kil, imma so kool and rare and feel special hurr durr"

It's really unfortunate when people hate shows just because they are popular. If only those people judged the anime based on animation and art

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 11, 2015 6:58 PM

Jan 2015
YandereTheEmo said:
Xilium7 said:

I've always disliked the 'hatred in numbers' concept. Sure, it's evident that it's more comfortable to buttress and argument with the assistance of multiple people, rather than single-handedly fighting a downhill battle--but how is that any different than grouping up for the sake of sharing one's enjoyment of something?

Hatred and enjoyment are merely two sides of the same proverbial coin, and yet time and time again hatred is claimed to be unfounded--the burden of proof is asserted to fall on those who dislike something--which once again, always struck me as a bit 'odd'. No show is inherently 'good' or 'bad' in an entertainment medium, and writing off minority opinions as being purely disparaging is well... crude, to say the least.

Point being, as referenced in the bold, the idea of an opinion being 'wrong' because it stands outside the majority is fairly inane, as opinions don't lie on a scale, but rather a spectrum.

I put wrong in quotation marks for a reason...
Feb 11, 2015 7:00 PM

Aug 2008
Another one of those objective vs subjective opinion when it comes to quality of anime? Anime quality has always been subjective to me.

Not like MAL reviews matter. I mean come on,I think Japan itself already has their own version of OFFICIALLY OBJECTIVELY good anime given to anime in the form of award such as Shogakukan Manga Award and Tokyo Anime Award.

There's also Seiun award,award for science fiction where FMA and Parasyte won.
ZapredonFeb 11, 2015 7:03 PM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Feb 11, 2015 7:02 PM

May 2010
Zapredon said:
Another one of those objective vs subjective opinion when it comes to quality of anime? Anime quality has always been subjective to me.

Not like MAL reviews matter. I mean come on,I think Japan itself already has their own version of OFFICIALLY OBJECTIVELY good anime given to anime in the form of award such as Shogakukan Manga Award and Tokyo Anime Award.

Right, and it's basically quality that helps derive obtaining those awards, which means that objective standards for evaluating anime (or art in general) have to exist.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 11, 2015 7:05 PM

Jun 2013
jimmykudo3000 said:
Zapredon said:

Right, and it's basically quality that helps derive obtaining those awards, which means that objective standards for evaluating anime (or art in general) have to exist.

That's not really a fully fleshed-out argument. The concept of being 'objective' vs. 'subjective' is derived from human constructs, which are based on assumptions of the 'objective' based on past-present mind projections of what is 'objective'--thus making most everything, outside of non-observable nature, to an extent, subjective.

However, under those constructs, there is a stark contrast written between the 'objective' and the 'subjective'. In a medium where 'quality' or qualitative analysis is driven by preferences, quirks, and most importantly, opinions, any sense of objectivity in gauging what is quality 'entertainment' more or less dissolves.

I do appreciate the thread, though.
YandereTheEmo said:
Feb 11, 2015 7:08 PM

Aug 2008
jimmykudo3000 said:
Zapredon said:

Unfortunately,I'm not sure if MAL or elitists will agree with all those winners.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Anime_Award
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shogakukan_Manga_Award

On the other hand,some shows that are highly rated in MAL such as HxH never won any award.
ZapredonFeb 11, 2015 7:15 PM

Feb 11, 2015 7:09 PM

May 2010
YandereTheEmo said:
jimmykudo3000 said:

That's not really a fully fleshed-out argument. The concept of being 'objective' vs. 'subjective' is derived from human constructs, which are based on assumptions of the 'objective' based on past-present mind projections of what is 'objective'--thus making most everything, outside of non-observable nature, to an extent, subjective.

However, under those constructs, there is a stark contrast written between the 'objective' and the 'subjective'. In a medium where 'quality' or qualitative analysis is driven by preferences, quirks, and most importantly, opinions, any sense of objectivity in gauging what is quality 'entertainment' more or less dissolves.

I do appreciate the thread, though.

Well of course It's not a fully fleshed out argument, I see you are intelligent based on what you're saying, but it would take as I stated somewhere earlier, a University level thesis to help really support my point. Without sources, and quotations etc, I can't really have a complete argument, all i can really do is provide my own thesis, and my own collaboration of that thesis. But you are basically right in what you are saying, though I think you misunderstand it.

Edit: I don't think you misunderstand it necessarily, re-read what you wrote a second time, I think you do understand it, which is why I'm not really sure what you're arguing.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 11, 2015 7:12 PM

Oct 2012
Shows that are popular are simply in the spotlight and are the focus of discussion, both for those who like them and for those who don't.
ShrabsterFeb 11, 2015 7:18 PM

Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

66 by 23feanor »»
13 minutes ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 6 hours ago

13 by Otakupervert890 »»
20 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

90 by Theo1899 »»
23 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9069 by anime-prime »»
37 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

19 by Zarutaku »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.