Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 34 Discussion


Dec 1, 2009 1:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 793
 
Dec 1, 2009 1:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1620
Another great episode, FMA:B just keeps delivering. The second Miles talked I recognized the voice of course.

Olivier carries on being awesome like usual. Especially that last close-up where she says:

"I'll show you how we do things at Briggs."



She's just to cool >_< I think her VA is really fitting.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
 
Dec 1, 2009 1:42 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 2687
Ok first of all, that Miles guy is hot. XD And I wonder if Scar will find out about him and if he does, what will his reaction be? Also Olivier is more and more awesome with each episode. Now, Sloth... why is he there? Where did he come from? Interesting. :O


 
Dec 1, 2009 3:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 302
Smasher said:
Another great episode, FMA:B just keeps delivering. The second Miles talked I recognized the voice of course.

Olivier carries on being awesome like usual. Especially that last close-up where she says:

"I'll show you how we do things at Briggs."



She's just to cool >_< I think her VA is really fitting.


uu...I like Olivier..both scary and cool at the same time^^ hehee..nice ep. i wanna see more :)



I didn't want to hurt you but you're pretty when you cry. I didn't really love you but I'm pretty when I lie.

 
Dec 1, 2009 6:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5120
So we finally see Sloth.



#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
 
Dec 1, 2009 8:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 57
tachyonserj said:
I'm still confused.. I can't find a subbed version anywhere. Could someone please help me out here? Thank you.

http://eclipse.speedsubs.org/ --> direct torrent from the best fansub group for this show
http://isohunt.com/ --> everything is there
http://www.lolipower.org/ --> DDL
http://www.animetake.com/ -->DDL
http://www.nyaatorrents.org/ --> torrent
....
(>-.-)> d(>.<)b <(-.-<)
 
Dec 1, 2009 8:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 806
Olivia is fucking hot.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
 
Dec 1, 2009 9:37 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 54
Somehow sloth makes me laugh.
 
Dec 1, 2009 9:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 793
aminorsus2 said:
Somehow sloth makes me laugh.


me too lol he says simple things and they're probably things we think everyday xD
 
Dec 1, 2009 10:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15757
Brotherhood continues being awesome. A little settle down at start and action at the second half. Can't wait for next week to learn what the hell is this new Homunculus.
The guy really doesn't seem that bad. He is just an idiot that wants to dig. If they left him alone he could get out of there by him self.
BTW was that Kenpachi? He even looks a little like him.
Ed would have to give some explanation in the future and with that crazy guy coming there thing will get messy especially if they meet.
Modified by Monad, Dec 1, 2009 10:47 PM
 
Dec 1, 2009 11:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1867
kkmaster1337 said:
is it me or sloth sounds like Madao?

I thought it was just me, it sounded like him to me too. That would be funny if Gendo Ikari was Sloth xD
EDIT: I checked. Yep, we were right :D
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.


Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
 
Dec 1, 2009 11:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 33
Oh gods, I'm so in love with Olivier. This show just keeps getting better and better. I really need to pick up the manga when I have the time... I can't wait for the next episode.
 
Dec 2, 2009 12:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 849
loved it......absolutely loved it.....
 
Dec 2, 2009 12:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 492
Yay for Sloth appeared in this episode!!
Oliver using bazookas & commanding tanks to fire Sloth is so badass.
Poor Falman, always been make fun by Elric brothers XD
Next episode should be interesting & some mysteries will resolves.
 
Dec 2, 2009 1:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 8437
So I'm not the only one going nuts over Olivier, awesome.
 
Dec 2, 2009 2:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 59
Go Sloth go!
 
Dec 2, 2009 3:12 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 133
oh, i missed sth. Arghh...i gotta dwnload !
 
Dec 2, 2009 4:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 1151
Ed and Al have some super vision to be able to see the tattoo on Sloth's back when he's facing them XD
 
Dec 2, 2009 8:36 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 416
Nooo! I want the next episode!!! >.<
 
Dec 2, 2009 8:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 4376
omg that Ishibal guy has Zoro/Mugen's voice acting o_O
awesome episode btw...

man the week wouldnt be the same without brotherhood ;P
 
Dec 2, 2009 12:13 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 9
So true man, I like the voice acting of the new characters as well. Can't get the party started without Sloth, now we just need to have Pride.
 
Dec 2, 2009 3:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 810
Yessss, Sloth! :D
Love the character, and Tachiki Fumihiko was a great choice, even if I wouldn't have necessarily thought of him. (He did Gendou Ikari from Eva, and does Kenpachi from Bleach)
Also loved seeing Miles get to talk a bit this week. I've always really liked that scene with Ed.
And poooor Falman. XD;
 
Dec 2, 2009 7:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 3916
Sloth really is what he is. He dull (mentally), has no interest in what's around him and just wants to walk around. Fighting doesn't seem to be something he wants to do!! Yeah!! Great episode.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

 
Dec 2, 2009 8:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 83
God, Olivier is sooooooooo awesome. I love, love, love her!!! I think Brotherhood makes me love her twice as much as I do in the manga. <3
I really liked Sloth's voice. I always found it kind of hard to picture how he would sound, but it's absolutely perfect for him.

Can't wait for next week and some more Kimblee and Miles.
 
Dec 3, 2009 6:45 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 148
By the time my excitement of seeing Briggs and Olivier waned, half the episode was through. Poor Falman lol.

Miles looks awesome :D
Dang, just now looking for Miles' seiyu, Wikipedia told me about Buccaneer =_=; I guess it was just stupid of me.

Anyway, about the episode, I just hate that we have to wait till next episode for the conclusion.

9/10; Kick a** episode though, overall.
 
Dec 3, 2009 10:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 807
Man. Other anime may have female characters who are more powerful and ruthless, but as far as pure, epic badassery, FMA has the monopoly. Olivier is right up there with Izumi.

 
Dec 3, 2009 12:11 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 249
Ahhhhhhh... This is so exciting xD
Sloth's voice is awesome! Perfect pick and adaptation :D

Mendokusee :D
 
Dec 3, 2009 4:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1301
Nooooooeeessss how can it end like that. ><

Anyway, great episode, I didn't see the time pass while watching it. The Briggs arc is really starting out good.
 
Dec 3, 2009 5:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2086
not a bad episode...nothing much to say though

still wrote on it though
http://gamesmind.wordpress.com/2009/12/03/fullmetal-alchemist-34-burning-ice/
 
Dec 3, 2009 8:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 3301
Since the last episode was so good, its amazing how this one managed to be even better... FMA really doesn't let down.

And... Enter Sloth! Argh I wanna see that Behemoth wrecking havoc!

Oh in the last ep discussion I stated how I didn't understand all this Oliver commotion, however this episode they introduce a really nice character! Miles! Really liked the image and personality, I hope we'll see enough of him!
 
Dec 3, 2009 8:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 150
Wah *---* great episode!
Briggs' background is so nicely done! I can almost feel the cold air...

Miles' voice is perfect! It made him look even more hawt XD OH GOD I THINK MILES IS HOT *punches* he's an awesome character...

Olivier is so pretty! In every scene she was in, I just couldn't stop looking at her beautiful hair *--* it looks so awesome <333 and I'm used to her voice now. x3 so good!

Can't wait for more! oh yes!~~
[Olivier is so hot that I even forget that I'm an Ed fangirl c_c where are the shirtless/fanservice scenes??]
 
Dec 4, 2009 12:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 898
Surprise Kazuya Nakai made my day.

Also, Olivier is a whole lot of woman.
Modified by DeadBonesBrook, Dec 4, 2009 2:22 AM
 
Dec 4, 2009 7:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 807
And I gotta say this:

Olivier has the most amazing lips in the history of anime.

 
Dec 4, 2009 7:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 488
Good episode
 
Dec 4, 2009 4:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 3301
ArnoldK said:
And I gotta say this:

Olivier has the most amazing lips in the history of anime.


LIES!
 
Dec 4, 2009 9:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 46
so sloth make an appearance
he seems clumsy ^^
why edward dont want to tell Olivier de truth?
hmm
great episode ;D
 
Dec 5, 2009 1:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4908
yeyawankenobi said:
why edward dont want to tell Olivier de truth?
hmm

Well that's kinda obvious ain't it?
Or at least in my point of view (have not read the manga yet) he's hesitating to tell Olivier because she might just be in cohorts with the homunculus.
Which would put Ed and Al in a quite difficult situation, and which in turn is why they don't tell her everything.
That's my view on things anyway.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
 
Dec 5, 2009 2:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 987
Oosran said:
yeyawankenobi said:
why edward dont want to tell Olivier de truth?
hmm

Well that's kinda obvious ain't it?
Or at least in my point of view (have not read the manga yet) he's hesitating to tell Olivier because she might just be in cohorts with the homunculus. Which would put Ed and Al in a quite difficult situation, and which in turn is why they don't tell her everything. That's my view on things anyway.
Father and the Führer let Ed and Al roam freely although they know what they know about homunculi. They are important sacrifices. Therefore if Olivier is involved with the homunculi she wouldn't be allowed to harm them.
In the case Olivier doesn't know they could win her over.
There really is no benefit in not telling her. It just makes those two suspicious.
 
Dec 5, 2009 3:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4908
Proselyt said:
Oosran said:
yeyawankenobi said:
why edward dont want to tell Olivier de truth?
hmm

Well that's kinda obvious ain't it?
Or at least in my point of view (have not read the manga yet) he's hesitating to tell Olivier because she might just be in cohorts with the homunculus. Which would put Ed and Al in a quite difficult situation, and which in turn is why they don't tell her everything. That's my view on things anyway.
Father and the Führer let Ed and Al roam freely although they know what they know about homunculi. They are important sacrifices. Therefore if Olivier is involved with the homunculi she wouldn't be allowed to harm them.
In the case Olivier doesn't know they could win her over.
There really is no benefit in not telling her. It just makes those two suspicious.

Indeed it does, but Ed and Al might've thought it wouldn't be a good idea to tell her.
Or they're thinking something like "OH SHI- if we tell her, maybe they'll start targetting her too! We wouldn't want that now would we D:"? xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
 
Dec 5, 2009 3:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 987
Oosran said:

Indeed it does, but Ed and Al might've thought it wouldn't be a good idea to tell her.
Or they're thinking something like "OH SHI- if we tell her, maybe they'll start targetting her too! We wouldn't want that now would we D:"? xD
Yeah she looks like she totally can't handle something like that!
As if she would believe two little kids who say that the military has been infiltrated by artificial lifeforms who want to kill everybody.
 
Dec 5, 2009 3:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4908
Proselyt said:
Oosran said:

Indeed it does, but Ed and Al might've thought it wouldn't be a good idea to tell her.
Or they're thinking something like "OH SHI- if we tell her, maybe they'll start targetting her too! We wouldn't want that now would we D:"? xD
Yeah she looks like she totally can't handle something like that!
As if she would believe two little kids who say that the military has been infiltrated by artificial lifeforms who want to kill everybody.

Which could be another reason why they're hesitating to tell her.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
 
Dec 5, 2009 5:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 807
Oosran said:
Proselyt said:
Oosran said:

Indeed it does, but Ed and Al might've thought it wouldn't be a good idea to tell her.
Or they're thinking something like "OH SHI- if we tell her, maybe they'll start targetting her too! We wouldn't want that now would we D:"? xD
Yeah she looks like she totally can't handle something like that!
As if she would believe two little kids who say that the military has been infiltrated by artificial lifeforms who want to kill everybody.

Which could be another reason why they're hesitating to tell her.


I think it's just that they don't want to risk the top brass like Bradley finding out that they're spreading word of what they know.

 
Dec 5, 2009 9:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 987
ArnoldK said:

I think it's just that they don't want to risk the top brass like Bradley finding out that they're spreading word of what they know.
Bradley cares about that? He would have captured them if he cared.
They've already massively spread word. The Führer isn't so naive, he thinks they wouldn't. He even released Mustang after he caught him spreading word although he isn't an important hostage.
All in all it's no plausble reason.
 
Dec 5, 2009 10:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 1505
I just want to say that the subtitles I watched had Miles speaking random Portuguese about Olivier and it made me laugh loud! :lol

"nao, estava a falar a serio..." ("She was talking to me seriously..")< or something like that

And hell yeah! The eyecatches were Miles/Sloth! *ish good*
Modified by shakeyourpup45, Dec 5, 2009 10:40 AM
 
Dec 5, 2009 12:32 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 1409
Good episode, but the pacing seemed a bit awkward imo. I don't think the dialogue and the battle flowed that well, or at least to be in the same episode.
Dead Account
Please Delete
 
Dec 5, 2009 1:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 807
Proselyt said:
ArnoldK said:

I think it's just that they don't want to risk the top brass like Bradley finding out that they're spreading word of what they know.
Bradley cares about that? He would have captured them if he cared.
They've already massively spread word. The Führer isn't so naive, he thinks they wouldn't. He even released Mustang after he caught him spreading word although he isn't an important hostage.
All in all it's no plausble reason.


Bradley doesn't need to capture them, he has Winry under his thumb. Remember the scene with Ed, Bradley, and Mustang where Ed threatened to leave the military and expose the truth to everyone. Bradley made it very clear that if Ed does anything of the sort, Winry's dead. They haven't spread word to other members of the military since.

 
Dec 5, 2009 2:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 467
Sloth is such a cutie. <33
 
Dec 6, 2009 4:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 783
Amazing episode. Olivier's seiyuu makes her 100x more awesome, if that's possible. I can't wait for the next one.
 
Dec 7, 2009 3:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 401
Subarashii!!

So, Sloth the Homunculus has finally appeared.

Olivier: "And why can't you answer?"
Ed: "Please try to realize..."

That smile of Olivier while saying: "I'll show you how we do things at Briggs." were quite evil :o

"All that stands in our way shall be annihilated. This is the law of the North."

5/5!


Can't wait for next ep~
ho---------ge---------~~~
Peace, peace!! xPP
"Ore wa Kaizoku Ou ni narunda!!" -Luffy
"If you don't risk your life, you can't make a future." -Luffy
#1: "Who is this brute?" #2: "A monster!" -said about Luffy (by Bayan & Zap)
"It was nothing. We just beat him up because he pissed us off!" -Straw Hats Pirates >> Beware of their anger!
"Yo. Omae wo .. BO TSUBUSU!" -Luffy
"Man, That was fun!" -Luffy xDDD
"If that katana's the strongest, then I must be... the very, very, very, very, very, very, very ... STRONGEST OF ALL! THE PIRATE KING!" -Luffy
"Gomu Gomu no Home Run!" -Luffy xDDD
 
Dec 7, 2009 5:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 319
Sloth rocks

 
Top
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »