Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 10, 2015 5:37 AM

Jul 2013
Well the title pretty much says it all. Which JJBA part is your favorite?
For me it's a tie between part 4 and 6. Both is really great! I am currently reading part 7, so I don't know if my opinion changes later.

Mod Edit: Spoiler warning added.
rodacFeb 10, 2015 10:19 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 10, 2015 5:40 AM

Dec 2012
From what I read so far, it's easily part 4. And Josuke is best jojo.
Feb 10, 2015 5:47 AM

Nov 2012
JoJo Bizarre Slice of Life 4 is the best
7 is my second favorite, 6 is awesome
3 is shit, 5 is like 3 but less shit
and 8 looks ultra gay
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Feb 10, 2015 5:52 AM

Jul 2013
Feb 10, 2015 5:54 AM

Jul 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
and 8 looks ultra gay

I think you are the first one, I have heard, that called part 3 shit hahaha.
Feb 10, 2015 5:56 AM

Nov 2012
Aqeha said:
ninjastarforcex said:
and 8 looks ultra gay

linear boring story line, with nothing but 1 dimensional main cast and villains of the week
you can even compare it with super mario bros but with more bosses
and jotaro is shittiest JoJo ever
Feb 10, 2015 6:01 AM

Jul 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
Aqeha said:

linear boring story line, with nothing but 1 dimensional main cast and villains of the week

well that's true. but most of the jojo parts have the villian of the week theme. i guess only part 1 and 2 were different with that, but i don't know about part 8.
jotaro is a pretty, idk, dull character. but in my opinion giorno is the worst jojo.
Feb 10, 2015 6:09 AM
Jul 2018
From what I have seen so far,which is not much,the second one,Battle Tendency.
Feb 10, 2015 6:15 AM

Sep 2011
Only read up to part 5, I'd have to say part 4 is probably my favorite with part 2 a close second.
Feb 10, 2015 6:30 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Battle tendency, hell yeah! Joseph's hidden tricks are always amusing to see

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 10, 2015 6:39 AM

Dec 2012
ninjastarforcex said:

You don't know what one dimensional means then. Which is not surprising coming from you.

Main characters can't be one dimensional, since they have most of the screen time and focus. And they don't have only one character trait, or dimension. As their motives, character traits, personality, emotions are explored through the series. They can't be accurately summed up in one trait.

For example, Jotaro at face value or first impression can be thought of as a tough stoic character, but the series shows him multiple times, being considerate and caring for the others, at some points laughing and having fun with the group, thus showing more dimensions, and emotions.
Feb 10, 2015 6:48 AM

Nov 2012
jotaro = just typical badass mofos
joseph = just joke relief old man
kakyoin = milf hunter
afdol = just another joseph assistant

have only 1 goal, no change or growth, just like that for maybe 50+ of weekly villain boring episode.

polnareff probably the least shit one compared to the other 4
Feb 10, 2015 6:50 AM

Dec 2012
ninjastarforcex said:
kakyoin = milf hunter

have only 1 goal, no change or growth, just like that for maybe 50+ of weekly villain boring episode.

So insightful..
Feb 10, 2015 6:51 AM

Nov 2012
tsudecimo said:
ninjastarforcex said:
kakyoin = milf hunter

So insightful..

its true
Feb 10, 2015 6:52 AM

Jul 2013
tsudecimo said:
ninjastarforcex said:

You don't know what one dimensional means then. Which is not surprising coming from you.

Main characters can't be one dimensional, since they have most of the screen time and focus. And they don't have only one character trait, or dimension. As their motives, character traits, personality, emotions are explored through the series. They can't be accurately summed up in one trait.

For example, Jotaro at face value or first impression can be thought of as a tough stoic character, but the series shows him multiple times, being considerate and caring for the others, at some points laughing and having fun with the group, thus showing more dimensions, and emotions.

I actually really agree with your points.
Feb 10, 2015 6:53 AM

Dec 2012
ninjastarforcex said:
its true

Nope.

The very notion that dimension of characters personality is exclusive to change a.k.a character development is dead wrong. Though I don't know why I'm taking you seriously =.=
Feb 10, 2015 6:55 AM

Jul 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
kakyoin = milf hunter

Joseph really isn't only joke relief. He helps the group and knows the most. If he wasn't there, they wouldn't even be on the journey. But of course Joseph says funny things, it's part of his character.
But in general I don't really agree with the way you explain the characters.
Feb 10, 2015 6:57 AM

Dec 2012
ninjastarforcex said:
i dont know how any of them have any growth or character development at all. except for polnareff and jotaro in the very end

Feb 10, 2015 6:57 AM

Feb 2013
tsudecimo said:
ninjastarforcex said:

If there's anything wrong with the guy, it's how his stand was overpowered
Feb 10, 2015 6:59 AM

Dec 2012
gedata said:

That's fair enough. And while I agree, I still find Star Platinum to be the most entertaining stand so far. It's just hype!
Feb 10, 2015 7:00 AM

Nov 2012
gedata said:
tsudecimo said:

not really, if there's anything wrong with the guy, its just he is a generic badass asshole without any personality in entire series.
Feb 10, 2015 6:34 PM

Feb 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
gedata said:

not really, if there's anything wrong with the guy, its just he is a generic badass asshole without any personality in entire series.

I guess you didn't read tsudecimo's post. Besides, I found him to be more intersting as aside-character in later arcs
Feb 10, 2015 7:05 PM

Jan 2014
Part 2 out of the 3 I've watched so far.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 10, 2015 8:02 PM

Jun 2014
The part where I went into a MAL thread about it and it was spoiled for me.
Feb 10, 2015 8:09 PM

Sep 2013
GER solos your favorite verse :)
Feb 10, 2015 10:17 PM

May 2012
I only watched part 1, 2 & 3. Never read the manga

Part 3 is by far the best one out of these three in my opinion. The humor, characters, stand abilities, enemies are all far better than others parts. It has lot of funny characters and funny scenes. Remember the scenes were the old joseph joestar was trying to ride the camel, that made me laugh hard. Part 1 & 2 didn't have anything funny. Aslo, the stand ability is more diverse and better than Hamon.
Feb 10, 2015 10:22 PM

Jan 2011
Mod Note: Moved from general Anime Discussion.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Feb 10, 2015 11:29 PM

Jun 2009
Part 4, I guess. I like Part 4, but mostly for Jolyne.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 13, 2015 7:33 AM
Mar 2014
Today I have finished Stone Ocean which means that I finished all the seven parts that are finished :allears:

So for those who are interested this is how I would rank each part

1. JoJo Part IV: Diamond is Unbreakable
2. JoJo Part VII: Steel ball Run
3. JoJo Part VI: Stone Ocean
4. JoJo Part III: Stardust Crusaders
5. JoJo Part II: Battle Tendency
6. JoJo Part I: Phantom Blood
7. JoJo part V: Vento Aureo

The top 3 was very difficult for me to choose cause for me they are all very close to each other. I would put those three at number one aha but then this wouldnt had any point. I went with DIU as number one mainly because it has the best cast and villain in the series. I do believe that in terms of story and (especially) character development Stone Ocean and Steel Ball Run are better.

The ranking of the MC per serie is:

1. Jolyne Kujo
2. Joseph Joestar
3. Josuke Higashikata
4. Jotaro Kujo
5. Johnny Joestar
6. Jonathan Joestar
7. Giorno Giovanna

I was contemplating whether to put Jolyne Kujo or Joseph Joestar as number one. I went with Jolyne Kujo cause she has amazing character development and she turns into a badass. Jotaro Kujo is supposed to be the badass of the series but imo Jolyne has surpassed him in that.

Ranking of the villains:

1. Yoshikage Kira
2. Dio Brando
3. Funny Valentine
4. Enrico Pucci
5. Diavolo
6. Pillar Men

Edit: I'm not sure if I ranked Johnny Joestar right. He was pretty amazing

http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=1564833.90
Feb 13, 2015 8:26 AM

Nov 2011
ninjastarforcex said:
tsudecimo said:

So insightful..

its true

Why do people insist on stating their opinions as fact? lol

In terms of the manga, Part 7 and 4 are my two favorites by far. For me, they stand head an shoulders above the rest. After that, I'd rank Part 3 and 6 tied for third place, then Part 5, then Part 2, then Part 1. I'd say it's too early to really give Part 8 a proper ranking, but if I had to, it would probably be somewhere between 6/3 and 5.

In terms of the anime, Part 3 wins by a landslide for me. The Stand abilities, the humor, the fight tactics and Stand power diversity are all interesting and spot on. The art and animation are also leagues better than the 2012 series. I love how the supporting protagonists of Part 3 actively participate in fights and actually win them, which something that does not happen in Part 1 or 2. It makes the supporting staff actually feel useful. Part 1 loses out for me because of Jonathan's unrelatable white knight personality, and while Part 2 is certainly entertaining, almost every single one of Joseph's fights is won by a completely impossible asspull or plain dumb luck. Most of the Part 3 fights are a lot more satisfying because the characters win fights by instead making the most out of their own strengths, rather than luck.

Of course, these are all just nitpicks. In reality, I love them all, and I would still pick my lowest rated Jojo part over most anime and manga out there.
Feb 13, 2015 9:34 AM

Sep 2009
ninjastarforcex said:
and 8 looks ultra gay

8 is the most heterosexual JoJo part yet. Fucken tiddies man

Anyway

7>4>2>8>5>3>6>1
Feb 13, 2015 3:04 PM

May 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
kakyoin = milf hunter

Part 3 is far from my favorite as well but you are just plain wrong...

Edit: Wow i got in late ahahaha

Also pt 2&7 are my faves

Of course, these are all just nitpicks. In reality, I love them all, and I would still pick my lowest rated Jojo part over most anime and manga out there.

Pretty much how I feel about the series as well
Feb 13, 2015 3:09 PM

Nov 2011
Lindle said:

How is seeing breasts of a human female "straight"? Just seeing a male or female body is not gay or straight. By your logic of "other sex's body = straight", if it were a girl watching it, than having a boobs come on screen would be more "gay" than seeing a dick. There is nothing inherently "gay" or "straight" about a human body. "Gay" or "straight" only comes from the way people/couples interact.

I'd say the most "straight" thing about Part 8 is...

Feb 13, 2015 3:51 PM
Jan 2011
Personally I loved the part 7 the most, the jojo lead wasn't that strong or interesting, but rest of the cast, storyline and theme really made it awesome. Not to mention the ridiculously amazing cameo by certain someone.

So to rank all parts I have seen so far:

1. part 7:Steel ball run
2. part 2:Battle tendency
3. part 4: Diamond is unbreakable
4. part 3: Stardust crusaders
5. part 6: Stone ocean
6. part 5: vento aureo
7. part 1: Phantom blood
Feb 13, 2015 4:21 PM

Jul 2014
1. Diamond is Unbreakable
2. Steel Ball Run
3. Battle Tendency
4. Stone Ocean
5. Stardust Crusaders
6. Vento Aureo
7. Phantom Blood

Josuke > Jolyne > Johnny > Joseph > Jotaro > Jonathan > Giorno
Feb 13, 2015 4:51 PM

Jun 2009
Fadeout4 said:
Lindle said:

How is seeing breasts of a human female "straight"? Just seeing a male or female body is not gay or straight. By your logic of "other sex's body = straight", if it were a girl watching it, than having a boobs come on screen would be more "gay" than seeing a dick. There is nothing inherently "gay" or "straight" about a human body. "Gay" or "straight" only comes from the way people/couples interact.

I think you may just be taking him a bit too literally. Likely he's just playing along with the idiotic things the other guy was saying.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 13, 2015 4:56 PM

Feb 2013
I was thinking between Part 2 and Part 7, but overall i loved too much more Part 7, so yeah.

Feb 13, 2015 6:18 PM
Jan 2015
Off topic but I never understood how people say Jonathon was unrelatable, he was kind, optimistic, and believed in the best of humanity I can't understand how those qualities are unrelatable.
Feb 13, 2015 6:28 PM

Nov 2011
insan3Inquisitor said:
Fadeout4 said:

I think you may just be taking him a bit too literally. Likely he's just playing along with the idiotic things the other guy was saying.

lol you're probably right. My bad.
Feb 14, 2015 1:49 PM

Mar 2010
From what I've readed for now the best (by far!) is Diamond. Gotta love that slice of life with series of unfortunate events and undoubtely best cast in the series. Rohan is just faultless, Koiichi shows us how to make "zero to hero" protag right (except he isn't protag :D ) and Josuke is friggin likeable laid back school guy. Not to mention the best antagonist in the whole series.

At the moment I'm reading Steel Ball Run (I'm currently on Catch the Rainbow arc) and this part is flawless too. Interesting setting and storyline and again strong characters with strongly marked personality. It could even dethrone Diamond from my no. 1 spot.

As for rest:
4>=7(?)>2>6>3>1>5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2015 3:11 PM

Dec 2012
Orzi said:
and undoubtely best cast in the series. Rohan is just faultless, Koiichi shows us how to make "zero to hero" protag right (except he isn't protag :D ) and Josuke is friggin likeable laid back school guy.

> no mention of Okuyasu, Josuke's best bro.

Shame on you.
Feb 14, 2015 5:04 PM

Jun 2011
For me my list would be 4>7>2>5>3=6>1

Main reason I like 4 more than the rest is the characters I loved reading the interactions between Josuke and Okuyasu back when I read the manga. Jojolion is not on the list because I want to give it more time before forming an opinion of it.
Feb 14, 2015 5:17 PM

Jun 2009
tsudecimo said:
Orzi said:
and undoubtely best cast in the series. Rohan is just faultless, Koiichi shows us how to make "zero to hero" protag right (except he isn't protag :D ) and Josuke is friggin likeable laid back school guy.

Shame on you.

Yeah, what the hell Orzi.

Anyway, I guess my ranking is 4, 6, 5, 3, 2, 1.

I haven't read 7 yet, which is why it's not on the list.

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 14, 2015 5:22 PM

Dec 2012
insan3Inquisitor said:

We finally completely agree on something insan3!

My ranking: 4, 6, 3, 2, 1
(haven't read enough of 5)

Most people place Battle Tendency high from what I can tell.
Feb 14, 2015 7:48 PM

Feb 2013
Fine I'll get in on this too.

7>4>6>3>2>1
Not sure where I'd place 5 since it's the only one besides 7 I have never revisited so I don't remember that much. Plus the bad translation would skew my judgement
Feb 15, 2015 1:01 AM

Mar 2010
insan3Inquisitor said:
tsudecimo said:

Shame on you.

Yeah, what the hell Orzi.

I know, I know, I just didn't want to mention every single character on this part (there are just to many great ones), so I cut my list to three. #bigsorry
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2015 11:30 AM

Apr 2014
I'm currently reading Steel Ball Run (still 2/3 to go) and has probably the most ambitious story of all the parts yet but I have a feeling it's missing some of the typical Jojo charm. It feels a lot more serious, less wacky regarding the stand powers introduced so far and I've trouble caring for any of the characters even though they get a lot of character development. Those last few chapters have been really exiting though so my opinion still might change afterwards.
Part 4-6 were all excellent and stand as the pinnacle of the series so far. I could chose one part over the other, they are all exiting in their own ways.
If I had to rank them I'd say : 4 = 5 = 6 > 7 > 2 >> 3 > 1
Feb 15, 2015 5:24 PM

Feb 2013
Halicone said:
I'm currently reading Steel Ball Run (still 2/3 to go) and has probably the most ambitious story of all the parts yet but I have a feeling it's missing some of the typical Jojo charm. It feels a lot more serious, less wacky regarding the stand powers introduced so far and I've trouble caring for any of the characters even though they get a lot of character development. Those last few chapters have been really exiting though so my opinion still might change afterwards.
Part 4-6 were all excellent and stand as the pinnacle of the series so far. I could chose one part over the other, they are all exiting in their own ways.
If I had to rank them I'd say : 4 = 5 = 6 > 7 > 2 >> 3 > 1

Lacking in charm? Perhaps your just glossing over the smaller moments. Johnny and Gyro have top-tier bro banter.
Feb 15, 2015 6:39 PM

Jul 2011
Parts 2-4 are the pinnacle for me. Best characters, best fights, and best stands (for 3 and 4). It also has my favorite art and character designs in the manga, although part 7 has great art in its own right.

I like part 5 a good bit as well, but it doesn't quite have that something special that makes the previous parts so good. Part 6 starts to feel forced in terms of topping itself and being bizarre, it doesn't feel natural anymore and the stands are just so out there they stop being cool. The writing is also at its worst and the best characters don't get nearly enough spotlight. Jolyne saves it from being the worst part overall. Part 7 is cool but I don't really see it as superior just because it's more serious. It lacks the vibe that made 2-4 so great, which overall makes it a bit less enjoyable to me. I also find Johnny really annoying, he is the only Jojo I don't like in any way.

3=4>2>5>7>6>1
Feb 15, 2015 8:29 PM

Aug 2007
Kellhus said:
Parts 2-4 are the pinnacle for me. Best characters, best fights, and best stands (for 3 and 4). It also has my favorite art and character designs in the manga, although part 7 has great art in its own right.

I like part 5 a good bit as well, but it doesn't quite have that something special that makes the previous parts so good. Part 6 starts to feel forced in terms of topping itself and being bizarre, it doesn't feel natural anymore and the stands are just so out there they stop being cool. The writing is also at its worst and the best characters don't get nearly enough spotlight. Jolyne saves it from being the worst part overall. Part 7 is cool but I don't really see it as superior just because it's more serious. It lacks the vibe that made 2-4 so great, which overall makes it a bit less enjoyable to me. I also find Johnny really annoying, he is the only Jojo I don't like in any way.

3=4>2>5>7>6>1

Dang, sounds like you're not fond of Part 6 at all, that one looks particularly interesting to me. Just the setting itself is unique.

I really can't say much right now since I haven't read Part IV to onwards. But so far Part 3 is great and is my favorite of the 3 parts I've experienced so far, I've seen people complain that it's too tedious, which is understandable I guess. But it's done so well and has that perfect Jojo charm that I really don't care.

I can totally understand why it's such an ironic part of the franchise.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

208 by gophers-insides »»
Apr 19, 9:11 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

132 by fgowy »»
Apr 17, 4:02 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2015

137 by vizthex »»
Apr 1, 10:43 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - Feb 20, 2015

187 by MISTERINVINCIBLE »»
Mar 16, 11:01 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

161 by Blitrapika »»
Feb 27, 8:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.