Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 9, 2015 8:16 PM
Apr 2014
(MAJOR TORADORA ENDING SPOILERS!!!)

Hi everyone, I don't really post here on the forums but I just wanted to get some opinions on the last episode of Toradora. Personally, I hated it. I don't get angry easily, but holy shit that episode grinds my gears for a couple of reasons, mainly due to Taiga's bullshit.

I mean, I understand that she wanted to reconnect with her mom before she married Ryuuji, but for fuck's sake woman! She runs off without telling Ryuuji for a YEAR and has ZERO contact with him. Oh wait, she sends him a picture of a star cause she's so deep, then she doesn't call or text for a year. Anyway, then she shows up after the credits, Ryuuji tells her he loves her, she does the tsundere thing (because that's not old yet, right?) and they presumably live happily ever after.

God, it just infuriates me because I LOVED the show leading up to this last episode, it was almost a 10 out of 10 (still an 8 out of 10). So, am I the only one who has problems with the ending?
BlueWarzoneFeb 9, 2015 8:32 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 9, 2015 8:22 PM

Jan 2013
The ending sucked ass muffins.

Taiga is a bitch and Ryuuji should have ended up with Ami

I actually would have rathered Ryuuji going the yaoi route than that shit
Feb 9, 2015 8:25 PM

May 2014
On the inside I was rooting for Ami even if I knew she had 0% chance, although she did kind of bring it upon herself.

Not saying Taiga isn't 13 layers of cute tho.
Feb 9, 2015 8:27 PM

May 2012
Still would have preferred Minori

Feb 9, 2015 8:28 PM

Feb 2013
Nice job with the spoilers.
Feb 9, 2015 8:28 PM

Feb 2013
Yea... all of Taiga's personal life stuff just kind of came up out of nowhere. They certainly could have handled it better.

At least that's what I remember of the end... it's been a few years.

Spoilers is implied by the thread title... so I'm not using one.
Feb 9, 2015 8:29 PM

Sep 2014
I wish the anime ended with them going through with the wedding after running away. The fact that Taiga just took off without saying anything for a year pissed me off.
Feb 9, 2015 8:30 PM

Aug 2013
NTAD said:

Yep.

OP, this should have been in the "Toradora!" sub-board.
Feb 9, 2015 8:31 PM

Jan 2015
I don't understand why she had to disappear off for a whole year without any contact just to reconnect with her family. The overdrama led to a weak ending
Feb 9, 2015 8:32 PM

Feb 2013
BurntJelly said:
Spoilers is implied by the thread title... so I'm not using one.
The thread title implies that the ending of Toradora is up for discussion. Such as "What did you think about it?" It doesn't mention that details are being revealed. The title needs a warning.
StevenHu said:

And that.
Feb 9, 2015 8:35 PM
Apr 2014
StevenHu said:
NTAD said:

Yep.

Sorry about that, haha, I put up a spoiler warning. Yeah, I probably should have posted this to the Toradora board, but fuck I just had to vent my anger about this godawful last episode.
Jun 22, 2015 12:59 PM
Jun 2015
Ryuuji should have ended up with minori. Taiga and ryuuji getting together is completely one sided. Ryuuji never changed his feelings about minori the whole anime, even though she cruelly kept turnjng him down and lied in order to ignore his feelings.
Jun 28, 2015 1:56 PM
Jan 2015
Huo_Harris said:
Ryuuji should have ended up with minori. Taiga and ryuuji getting together is completely one sided. Ryuuji never changed his feelings about minori the whole anime, even though she cruelly kept turnjng him down and lied in order to ignore his feelings.
I just finished it i feel you bro
Oct 27, 2015 3:14 AM
Jul 2018
i finish this anime a month or so. i still remember how i reacted and how i said. but beware, you are going to read some saltiness of myself so you guys can flame at me if you want but this is how i feel...

When i finish toradora or last episode

so, what do you guys think about the anime toradora ending? =D

Mod Note: Merged with previously existing thread.
rodacOct 27, 2015 8:40 PM
Oct 27, 2015 3:21 AM

Jul 2013
Protip: Never ship couples in a romance anime. Especially if the main couple is obvious before you even start the show.

Toradora was good. Nice romance, decent drama and it has a tsundere that is actually good. One of the few slice of life romance shows that I like.
Oct 27, 2015 3:54 AM

Nov 2014
I agree I don't like the ending too. and how he ended up with worst girl. even if it was obvious from the start.
Oct 27, 2015 8:43 AM
Jun 2015
If it was realistic he probably pick the red haired girl or the model.
Oct 27, 2015 8:44 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
See this is why you should try to see a story for what it is rather than be so fucking serious about shipping wars..

If you're really incapable of enjoying a romance story just because your favorite girl didn't win, you're watching the wrong genre. Go play a visual novel instead where you can pick yourself
Oct 27, 2015 8:47 AM

Jan 2014
15poundfish said:
If it was realistic he probably pick the red haired girl or the model.

Yeah it felt rushed and forced. How he felt in love with her... -,- srsly he had mutual feelings with Minori so... sigh. I don't get why authors always choose the "bad/mean" love interest. I don't get why it is necessary. Even if for drama I don't believe it ought to be there.
Oct 27, 2015 8:47 AM

Feb 2013
you sure convinced me with those hot opinions
Oct 27, 2015 8:56 AM

Jun 2015
The ending left me a bit bewildered. But I LOVED the rest
Oct 27, 2015 9:00 AM

Mar 2015
HaXXspetten said:
See this is why you should try to see a story for what it is rather than be so fucking serious about shipping wars..

If you're really incapable of enjoying a romance story just because your favorite girl didn't win, you're watching the wrong genre. Go play a visual novel instead where you can pick yourself
this.

for me, the problem is not ending it self, but the building of it ending. feel so forced and make everything before it is useless. still fun ride TBH. just feel "why". i think it will better if last 4 episode is non exist and make it longer with more conflict and more interact between taiga and ryuuji.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 27, 2015 9:01 AM

Nov 2012
HaXXspetten said:

If he wants his ship to win, he can just read this and pretend it's canon.

https://vndb.org/v4137
Oct 27, 2015 9:08 AM

Jun 2011
You know, at one point, you realize that Ryuuji himself seems to care a lot lesser about Minori as a romantic interest after spending more time with Taiga.

Your definition of shitty romance is f#$k my favorite girl didn't win it's total bullshit. The entire title name is dedicated to Taiga and Ryuuji, what do you expect? Like, seriously?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 27, 2015 9:10 AM

Mar 2014
if this whole train wreck was realistic, he would have never EVER picked Taiga over Minori/Ami, i mean he already won Minori and yet he does a 360 turn and picks that retard
come on, people must have been fucking mad when this shit was airing
Oct 27, 2015 9:15 AM

Sep 2012
You have to have the shittiest of taste, and probably be a moronic sexist, to go through toradora and come to he conclusion that Ryuji is an asshole.
Oct 27, 2015 9:39 AM

Jan 2010
The couple is established in the name of the show. I'm not sure what to say here.

And yes, Ami is a great character and is one of my favorites, but I'm not sure if it would have worked out since she came in later than everyone else. Same for Minori, though for more complicated reasons. But, well, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the show as much, and I hope you can find something else that fits your style.
Oct 27, 2015 11:27 AM

Apr 2013
He had no reason to choose Ami at all. And Minori rejected him. Taiga was loving him. He knew Taiga better than anyone else, and her good side better than anyoen else. He choose to go out with Taiga.
That's realistic. He has no reason to go out with Ami and can't go out with Minori. The only other logical choice was to reject Taiga and have Ryuuji finish the story alone, but that's less logic than what he choose considering how close he was from Taiga after all this time.

The only thing I'm seeing in that thread is that some peoples are furious that their favourite shipping didn't happen. Which is.... Pathetic.
Oct 27, 2015 11:37 AM

Jun 2015
yo nora, you aite?

i think toradora actually has the best romance ending so far, i'd rather see something that actually happens and it ended quite beautiful rather then fucking seeing the two main characters do fuck all
Oct 27, 2015 11:39 AM

Jun 2015
Another one of those blog threads...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2015 12:10 PM

Sep 2014
toradora was the best romcom I have watched and the ending was great

and them getting together was obvious from the first 30 seconds of first episode, before the opening played
damn, it is even out there in the title...

nice salt though
Oct 27, 2015 12:12 PM

Nov 2014
It was good.

Oct 27, 2015 12:13 PM
Jan 2015
Worst girl won, but still an enjoyable show regardless.
My Queens

Oct 27, 2015 12:29 PM

Jun 2010
Great show.
Ami is a best.
Worst girl won the Ryuji-bowl.
Life doesn't always go the way you want.
More on.

Nice blog, by the way.
Oct 27, 2015 12:30 PM
Apr 2013
better than harem end.
Oct 27, 2015 12:31 PM

Jun 2014
I know how you feel OP. Too bad megane-kun was rejected by Ryuuji. Was hoping for some bromance.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Oct 27, 2015 12:33 PM

Aug 2015
Toradora is SHIT
Taiga is a BITCH who back stabbed her best friend and act like nothing happened
Oct 27, 2015 12:34 PM

Sep 2014
MeinKaiser said:
Toradora is SHIT

lol lmao I think you've watched a different anime
Oct 27, 2015 12:37 PM

Apr 2013
MeinKaiser said:
Toradora is SHIT

Hah? backstabbed? She wanted to sacrifice herself for her friend, so that's the exact contrary...
That's some level of understanding for what you're watching here. Are you liking LoGH just because you think it makes you"look cool", or because "you didn't understand a thing but it sounded awesome"?
Because yeah, being as bad to get the plot correctly for a school romance plot, I'm doubtful you can follow 110 episodes of that plot correctly...
Oct 27, 2015 12:43 PM

Aug 2015
Zefyris said:
MeinKaiser said:
Toradora is SHIT

Hah? backstabbed? She wanted to sacrifice herself for her friend, so that's the exact contrary...
That's some level of understanding for what you're watching here. Are you liking LoGH just because you think it makes you"look cool", or because "you didn't understand a thing but it sounded awesome"?
Because yeah, being as bad to get the plot correctly for a school romance plot, I'm doubtful you can follow 110 episodes of that plot correctly...

And her best friend ended up sacrificing herself for her... and what does Taiga have to said about it ? as if nothing ever happened at all

and boy you need to chill LOL
Oct 27, 2015 12:46 PM

Jun 2010
Zefyris said:
MeinKaiser said:
Toradora is SHIT

This is really funny coming from the guy who supports the "Taiga isn't a tsundere. She's a psycho-sociological deconstruction of the archetype hur-dur".
I agree he's being silly of calling the events on the show "back stabbing" but m8, you're just going overboard now.

Your posts always have a special taste to them. You should post more.
Oct 27, 2015 12:50 PM

Oct 2013
I rated Toradora 6/10 just cuz im really kind. Should be lower.
Didn't like it that much and Kushieda would be pretty high in my Top 10 Hated/Annoying characters. I literally hate everything about her, she acts dumb but then she shows her smart side and when you think she got some char dev and got smart she then turns to stupid a** b*tch once again...
Oct 27, 2015 12:55 PM

May 2013
Wait wait wait, the ending wasn't obvious to you? Oh dear :/

And here I thought this was going to be about the credits thing again. I guess if it wasn't obvious though, I can understand why you'd be upset. We all have our favourite ships after all :)
Oct 27, 2015 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
HaXXspetten said:

i wasn't in the shipper wars, i am very piss that ryuji decided to change his feelings....
he likes minori from the beginning and im a type of person who likes the character who sticks with their first crush and stay with it, no change of feelings. idc if they had to reject the other person feelings to stay on track.
and
Shocked said:
The couple is established in the name of the show. I'm not sure what to say here.

And yes, Ami is a great character and is one of my favorites, but I'm not sure if it would have worked out since she came in later than everyone else. Same for Minori, though for more complicated reasons. But, well, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the show as much, and I hope you can find something else that fits your style.

i learn that I decided just to watch pure hardcore ecchi or fighting and kill genre after finishing this anime.
Oct 27, 2015 1:07 PM
Jun 2015
Zefyris said:
He had no reason to choose Ami at all. And Minori rejected him. Taiga was loving him. He knew Taiga better than anyone else, and her good side better than anyoen else. He choose to go out with Taiga.
That's realistic. He has no reason to go out with Ami and can't go out with Minori. The only other logical choice was to reject Taiga and have Ryuuji finish the story alone, but that's less logic than what he choose considering how close he was from Taiga after all this time.

The only thing I'm seeing in that thread is that some peoples are furious that their favourite shipping didn't happen. Which is.... Pathetic.

Minori actually confessed in the end and it would not seem odd if she won in the end. Taiga winning really is just an Otaku's wet dream or the underdogs fantasy because I can't see a reason why someone would pick pedophilia over characters that are nicer and have blewbs. Men are simple creatures which is why this ending doesn't make much sense. Even in Anime that do the switch near the end give valid reasons for rejecting one over the other like the bitch could be crazy and unstable and told him to throw away his dreams.
15poundfishOct 27, 2015 1:47 PM
Oct 27, 2015 1:37 PM

Oct 2009
Toradora romance is just slightly above average, it is a classic trope of friends vs love. However there are one thing that irks me about the show, that the author seems to be trying too hard to construct a theme where all adults are portrayed as irresponsible, immature, and childish. For example Ryuuji mom which is initially portraying a good responsible single parents being treated like a child for no good reasons, just to make the protagonist 'progress' to 'adulthood'. There's also the nonexistent parent of Taiga, and seriously with that gigolo kind of a father. Clearly the author want to make their audience to saw them both as 'mature' teenager that stand up without their parents support. I can understand why it appeals so much to teens.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Oct 27, 2015 8:13 PM

Oct 2014
15poundfish said:

because I can't see a reason why someone would pick pedophilia over characters that are nicer and have blewbs.

This has to be the funniest, most nonsensical thing I've read today.

Personally I think Toradora's characters are disagreeable in their actions. I understand the author's intent to tell a story trying to explore what love is (similar to her masterpiece, Golden Time, but in a different perspective).

In Toradora she simply tries to highlight that time spent and a gradual building of trust and relationship is a much more real, grounded type of affection rather than simple admiration or shallow infatuation. Something that often hits people without them really noticing it, taking things for granted or not really understanding their own feelings until the opportunity is gone (hence the cliche of how rejections can turn into infatuation, these of which are all hinted multiple (very obvious) times as the main themes of the story, e.g. Taiga liking Kitamura after "rejecting" him).

I agree it's a little tough sometimes to look past the character inconsistencies or how their actions can sometimes seem a little unbelievable. It's overall executed well though.
Nov 6, 2015 7:01 PM

Aug 2015
I think the way Taiga left suited her completely.. My only complaint about the end is that we don't get too see much TagiaxRyuuji. But I'm glad that they didn't just run of and get married. Taiga took responsibility and went to clear things up with her family and try to fix it up the best she could, so that they can properly get married and have a future with both families at the wedding.

I do wish they came out with a few OVA's though. I liked Ami throughout the series (even more when I rewatched it) and wish they had a few OVA's that show a route of AmixRyuuji and MinorixRyuuji, kinda like Clannad did.
Nov 6, 2015 8:13 PM
Jul 2015
She didn't leave for a year though. If it had one more kiss it would be perfect.
Nov 7, 2015 2:52 AM
Jun 2015
I was pissed off at the ending until I saw the after-credits scene. The locker was great. It was really cute but I need a series two because I want more Taiga. (Or at least an episode dedicated to her beating the shit out of people with a stick). The last 3 episodes were very emotional, especially with Minorin.
It hits the spot but I crave more.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.