Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 8, 2015 8:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh, we have censors this episode so will have to wait for BDS.

Otherwise, it's the beach episode. I knew this show would eventually get one of these sooner or later. The girls looked cute though and they even have a little party with everyone having fun (kind of). Hope the show will return to more action soon. Oh and I forgot, that lewd position is definitely going to get people to raise some eyebrows...
Stark700Feb 8, 2015 9:18 AM
Feb 8, 2015 10:50 AM

Sep 2012
I laughed too hard in this episode.

"Is my ass a crack"
What the fuck man?
Oh god who are you people?
Feb 8, 2015 11:21 AM

Dec 2013
"Grown-up lotion..." lmfao Kanzaki
mods are cucks
Feb 8, 2015 11:24 AM

Jun 2014
A beach episode. Lots of swimsuits and ass grabing that looked very painful. I swear that woman is crazy. The OST this episode was nice tho.
Feb 8, 2015 11:24 AM

Jul 2012
Lol the fanservice was a bit much, hope we return quickly to the action.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Feb 8, 2015 11:38 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
It was so over the top, i laughed my ass off though.

And this anime does very well with showing the beautiful scenes at night. Again a good episode.
Feb 8, 2015 11:43 AM

Jan 2014
chakracat said:
I laughed too hard in this episode.

"Is my ass a crack"
What the fuck man?

aha,AWESOME episode

iPinoy said:
"Grown-up lotion..." lmfao Kanzaki

and the balls grabbing xD

Can't wait for more!
Feb 8, 2015 11:43 AM

Feb 2013
The episode is horrible and does nothing to bring the story along. Pretty much a big cliche of a beach episode all harem anime's need I guess.
Feb 8, 2015 11:48 AM

Jan 2012
Now THIS felt like a beach episode. Take notes Fafnir. I guess I shouldn't say that though since I probably enjoyed this week's Fafnir more anyway. Well regardless this week also served as a bit of an introduction to several secondary characters, which felt kinda awkward coming this late. That vice president is really obnoxious btw. I liked what little time Moroha and Satsuki got to spend together though. Looks like a giant crab fight next week.
Feb 8, 2015 12:06 PM

Apr 2013
Well, that was absolutely horrible. I didn't think they'd be lowering the bar after finishing the first arc, but they really did.
Feb 8, 2015 12:59 PM

Dec 2014
What the fuck is wrong with that Kanzaki... rofl.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Feb 8, 2015 12:59 PM
Sep 2014
out of that...

Shizuno wins the ep at the end!
Feb 8, 2015 1:04 PM

Dec 2014
Well, it seems like just a beach episode,but in this way we get to know secondary characters(by the way vice captain was AWESOME :D i mean i laughed my ass off)
Feb 8, 2015 1:17 PM
Jul 2018
Lol, Kanzaki keep grabbing Moroha's ass and keep getting caught by the captain was hilarious.
Feb 8, 2015 1:27 PM

Apr 2010
Well Satsuki was less annoying then she usually is.
But the best girl in this anime is clear even tho they are making a pointless effort to beat around it.

In any case the vice captain was funny.
Feb 8, 2015 1:41 PM

Feb 2014
I have an ass and I find this episode offensive.
Feb 8, 2015 2:06 PM

Jul 2014
rdtx2013 said:
out of that...

Also probably the worst traning camp idea ever. There was like NOO training done
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Feb 8, 2015 2:22 PM
Sep 2014
abyss333 said:
rdtx2013 said:
out of that...

Also probably the worst traning camp idea ever. There was like NOO training done

Agreed.. it was a poor excuse for a beach episode.....
Feb 8, 2015 2:38 PM

Dec 2014
Kanzaki is out of control lmao
Feb 8, 2015 2:45 PM

Dec 2011
I think Moroha's ass got raped back there...

I guess the swimsuits were nice and RIP Moroha's ass once more T.T

Dat touching moment doe T.T

RIP cucumber and Moroha's ass once again... grown-up lotion eh...

I'd dare say that Shizuno won again XD.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Feb 8, 2015 3:10 PM
May 2014
I feel a bit sorry for Moroha. He isn't just a target for weapons, but foodstuffs too.
I guess they had to do the beach-episode now, or there wouldn't be any.
The next one doesn't seem to be so relaxing.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Feb 8, 2015 3:44 PM

Nov 2012
Oh the famous beach episode with lots of fan service and this time with a super perverted woman.
Feb 8, 2015 4:05 PM

Oct 2011
Meh episode, only redeeming factor that come from this episode was Shizuno once again proving she's the best. But looking forward to the giant crab fight.
Feb 8, 2015 4:06 PM

Aug 2012
Kanzaki = Amazoness lol
Feb 8, 2015 5:05 PM

Dec 2011
The episode was like every other beach episode I've seen in Harem Anime. It was brought characters out of no where. Who the heck is momo-senpai? It's almost like they broadcasted the wrong episode. It also looked like Moroha chose Shizuno over Ranjou. When did this happen? Did he even have feelings for her? This could be a good sign though, it's not going to have one of those typical harem cliff hangers, where the mc doesn't end up with any girl at all. Another way to look at it is he's stepping on two boats, and you all know what happens, he drowns. The animation was put offed, like when the Vice Prez grabbed Moroha's balls, he starts shaking but the animation done for it was horrendous. Oh dang, its not one, but two characters that are thrown in there. Like wtf.

The only thing that was done right was the comedy.
Feb 8, 2015 5:11 PM
Sep 2014
silver_gospel said:
The episode was like every other beach episode I've seen in Harem Anime. It was brought characters out of no where. Who the heck is momo-senpai? It's almost like they broadcasted the wrong episode. It also looked like Moroha chose Shizuno over Ranjou. When did this happen? Did he even have feelings for her? This could be a good sign though, it's not going to have one of those typical harem cliff hangers, where the mc doesn't end up with any girl at all. Another way to look at it is he's stepping on two boats, and you all know what happens, he drowns. The animation was put offed, like when the Vice Prez grabbed Moroha's balls, he starts shaking but the animation done for it was horrendous. Oh dang, its not one, but two characters that are thrown in there. Like wtf.

I think the last couple episodes there has been a leaning to Shizuno.. probably with him remembering his wife from past life etc.. He did say that he doesn't want to be without her in Ep4

Or he is just a good guy and is oblivious like a lot MCs
Feb 8, 2015 5:23 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode, quite unusual scenes were shown and some very funny, besides another girl are going into the harem of Moroha

Shinuno for sure is the best girl in anime, even though only highlight in the end, still steals the show

I'm curious to continue following the development of the story ..
Feb 8, 2015 5:34 PM

Jul 2013
drama_menck said:
Good episode, quite unusual scenes were shown and some very funny, besides another girl are going into the harem of Moroha

Shinuno for sure is the best girl in anime, even though only highlight in the end, still steals the show

I'm curious to continue following the development of the story ..

That's it. Nothing else to add. Shizuno was given like one or two minutes with Moroha and completely stole the show. I feel bad for Ranjou but I can't help if Shizuno is way better than her.
Feb 8, 2015 5:49 PM

Jul 2010
Not enough Shizuno, she almost got nothing, except a bit of the ending.
The perv girl is the best girl of 2015 anyway.
Feb 8, 2015 5:52 PM

Aug 2014
That episode was only redeemed by the moonlight scene at the end. Everything else was just pointless fanservice.
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
Feb 8, 2015 6:05 PM

May 2009
Guys, stop whinning about fanservice. It's straight from third volume
Feb 8, 2015 6:18 PM

Mar 2014
You mean as far as it being Cannon?
Feb 8, 2015 7:30 PM

Dec 2007
silver_gospel said:

Yeah, it gives a very strong vibe of having passed over character introductions that should have been done properly well before this episode. This is likely to fit more material in, but it's painfully jarring, and sad that they basically have to throw in extra lines just to explain what the characters' roles are.
And there was indeed a major quality drop every time Moroha got grabbed.

That being said, the background maneuverings seem nice, and I like where it's going with Satsuki's likely (hidden) ability as well. Beyond that, not much of an ep, but it's building up to more interesting stuff.
Feb 8, 2015 7:48 PM

Feb 2011
My take away is that even MCs can get crazy sexually harassed.
Feb 8, 2015 8:08 PM

Dec 2011
ErwinJA said:
Yeah, it gives a very strong vibe of having passed over character introductions that should have been done properly well before this episode. This is likely to fit more material in, but it's painfully jarring, and sad that they basically have to throw in extra lines just to explain what the characters' roles are.
And there was indeed a major quality drop every time Moroha got grabbed.

That being said, the background maneuverings seem nice, and I like where it's going with Satsuki's likely (hidden) ability as well. Beyond that, not much of an ep, but it's building up to more interesting stuff.
Satsuki's latent potential haha, yeah I guess its alright.
But there's a few thing that doesn't make sense.

First, there's two eras of power, white iron and black magic. They never explained how white iron became extinct and how black magic became extinct. Or... did they actually became extinct? It wouldn't make sense then, why do they even need saviors.

Second, why can't these abilities be taught? Just because they are reincarnations? Then how did they learn it in the first place, before reincarnating?

Third, what is white iron and black magic abilities? If white iron is the dog tag that transforms into a weapon, then I'm guessing that the writing in mid air is black magic. Mannendo used both abilities in episode 3. Does this also make him an ancient dragon? Of course, this is all under the assumption that black magic and white iron are extinct arts.

Fourth, where did the monsters come from, they didn't looked like it was in the white iron era.

Why would I think that both arts are extinct? Well, first there's no distinction between students with past lives and who are newly taught the abilities. People in that school were all people with memories from their past lives, hence they have their ability naturally. I think the age is 14? When the characters awaken their memories. That mean's no one attempted to learn both arts before that age. It can also be speculated that they couldn't, why? Its an lost art. And let me repeat, from my knowledge, there isn't a single person in that school, that learned either of the two arts that has no past life memories. Besides if they can be learned, then why won't everyone do it to protect themselves against monsters? Oh wait, if they can learn then the MC Moroha would lose his uniqueness.

My theory is that the black magic creators destroyed the white iron ability users as magicians became more common. Thus ending the lineage of white iron users. It makes sense though, since Moroha is the only one from both eras, hence the if the other characters were in the Black Magic era cannot be in the White iron era, and vice versa. They can't coexist, otherwise they would've both been passed down. In history, there were plenty of witch lynchings, I think that's how the black magic people died. They were probably few in numbers by then too, probably few people have the ability to use black magic power. This is just my speculation, it was never explained, that's why its a flaw.

It might be hard to understand because of my poor english. But I'm just saying that the logic of this anime doesn't make sense, the devs probably know this and plot development is limited to fan service. That may have been an exaggeration.
Feb 8, 2015 8:23 PM

Jun 2013
Best Girl= Shizuno
Most irritating girl= Satsuki
Though i usually like Beach and Fanservice episodes, this was just a large step down from the last couple of episodes, have high hopes that next will be better though ^^
Feb 8, 2015 9:09 PM

Mar 2013
Kanzaki finally showed her provocative swimsuit at the ending sequence. lol
Feb 8, 2015 9:22 PM

Dec 2014

This line cracks me up the most, what a perfect punchline for the series.
Feb 8, 2015 10:36 PM

Nov 2014
This anime is expecting too much from me. In my mind, the "beach episode" should be saved for after we, as the audience, have known the characters for awhile. It should act as a breath of fresh air - seeing the characters we've seen fighting monsters and saving the universe etc, etc, finally get a chance to relax and have fun.

Offering it up as the fifth episode, as if to say, "Beach episodes are popular, right? Well, here's a beach episode!" - well, it kind of pisses me off more than anything.

In any case, for some reason I still support Satsuki, despite her being incredibly annoying and the whole *technically not* incest thing.
Feb 8, 2015 11:01 PM

Aug 2013
I was very 50/50 this episode.

On one hand, it was like 90% Satsuki worst-girl, so I was fighting a migraine the entire time.

On the other hand, the fan service was great (Satsuki's included), the side characters were great, and we had Shizuno totally steal the show at the end.

Gotta say, was pretty disappointed with Shizuno's swimsuit. Like they made Satsuki's not even fit her, her ass was literally out of that bottom half...AND the top fell off. They kind of glimpsed at Shizuno's and you could tell her bottom half was even more lewd, but they never followed through on it.

Those side characters though...fantastic. Kanzaki easily the best side harem girl. Although my asshole cringed every time Moroha got buttfucked with something, her pervert levels were off the charts. That made me very happy. Also, if you notice during the end credits, they actually show an image of Kanzaki in her bikini...and if you missed it...it's fucking leeeewwwd. Go rewatch it.

Lol and the tan girl. "don't touch meeeee", "is my ass a crack?" Like the dumbest shit. Reminded me of Kongou from KanColle.

The one thing that kind of bothered me was Momochi in this episode. Not her character, but the fact that they pretty much just introduced her this episode, but threw her into all of these interactions like she's buddy buddy with everyone. Had to check the character page just to see she's listed as a main character, and she's on the promotional art. So is that Elena girl who hasn't been introduced yet, but she's only listed as supporting.
Feb 9, 2015 12:20 AM

Mar 2014
This time there is a lot of awkward jokes but it still acceptable (at least for me)
Feb 9, 2015 1:25 AM

Aug 2013
Jonesy974 said:
I was very 50/50 this episode.

On one hand, it was like 90% Satsuki worst-girl, so I was fighting a migraine the entire time.

On the other hand, the fan service was great (Satsuki's included), the side characters were great, and we had Shizuno totally steal the show at the end.

Gotta say, was pretty disappointed with Shizuno's swimsuit. Like they made Satsuki's not even fit her, her ass was literally out of that bottom half...AND the top fell off. They kind of glimpsed at Shizuno's and you could tell her bottom half was even more lewd, but they never followed through on it.

Those side characters though...fantastic. Kanzaki easily the best side harem girl. Although my asshole cringed every time Moroha got buttfucked with something, her pervert levels were off the charts. That made me very happy. Also, if you notice during the end credits, they actually show an image of Kanzaki in her bikini...and if you missed it...it's fucking leeeewwwd. Go rewatch it.

Lol and the tan girl. "don't touch meeeee", "is my ass a crack?" Like the dumbest shit. Reminded me of Kongou from KanColle.

The one thing that kind of bothered me was Momochi in this episode. Not her character, but the fact that they pretty much just introduced her this episode, but threw her into all of these interactions like she's buddy buddy with everyone. Had to check the character page just to see she's listed as a main character, and she's on the promotional art. So is that Elena girl who hasn't been introduced yet, but she's only listed as supporting.

I agree, the main problem I had with the episode was that it made me feel like I skipped some episodes because to be honest, I don't even remember the pervert girl who is grabbing Moroha's ass let alone this momo girl who is apparently well acquainted with Moroha?

The episode makes a bit more sense with that context though, when he was chasing her around the swimsuit store I was thinking that it was pretty aggressive for the MC to do that to someone he wasn't familiar with.
Feb 9, 2015 2:24 AM

Mar 2011
Story? Plot? Who cares, of course the reason you tuned in this week was because you really really wanted to see a character you probably don't even remember grab the MC's package, then stuff a corn cob in his butt, then act out a sex scene in the middle of the group? We also have swimsuits, and hey, some of them will be falling off!

Dafuq studio? Who possibly sat down on a meeting and decided this was a good idea? Dropped.
Feb 9, 2015 3:03 AM

Oct 2011
Kanzaki OMFG. Reminded me of Hanji from AOT : O

Satsuki trying her best to be with Moroha

But Shizuno was beautiful @ the End

Kanzaki dat swimsuit @ End song : 0
Feb 9, 2015 3:17 AM

Jun 2013
Moroha x Shizuno - The best couple of this anime. I really like the ending of this episode.
Feb 9, 2015 4:54 AM

Apr 2011
Oh gawd that Vice-captain is hilarious.

As soon as I heard her voice, I quickly thought of Naruko sensei from Seitokai Yakuindomo. Both are perverted, the same personality, and the same seiyuu.

Shizuno wins this episode. Wearing a Yukata without undies, all love-dovey with Moroha while watching the fireworks. So romantic.
Feb 9, 2015 5:02 AM

Jul 2012
Ugh this episode sucked.

Kanzaki's actions were irritating and not remotely amusing. She and that Momo chick seemed to have popped out of nowhere and straight into Moroha's harem. In fact, I barely know half the cast. I don't read the novel but they probably skipped a lot of introductions.

Thankfully, the best character saved it at the end. Those last few minutes with Shizuno were beautiful. If only it weren't so short :(

I don't mind Satsuki but I haven't really enjoyed the majority of her screentime. It's not going to be very fun watching her arc. Wish they'll expand more on Moroha's past life as Shu Saura.
Ga_LaxyFeb 9, 2015 5:08 AM
Feb 9, 2015 5:04 AM

Jan 2013
Sadly Shizuno didn't get much time, but she got it at the end.

Stark700 said:
we have censors this episode so will have to wait for BDS.

Wait, where?
Feb 9, 2015 6:32 AM

Jan 2015
I'm sorry but I really didn't like this episode at all. I don't like fan service but I've learned to more or less tolerate it. So what bothered me? KANZAKI! Honestly, people think that Satsuki is annoying. I think Satsuki's a bit hyper but fine nonetheless. But what the hell's wrong with Kanzaki? Moroha should file a sexual harassment case against her as soon as he gets back to school... And she's the VICE-CAPTAIN of the Strikers? WTF.
Also, I gather that Momo Haruka is supposed to be an important character. And she gets basically no proper introduction at all. And she seems like a pretty decent character too.
BTW, Shizuno's brother went from kinda evil to plain comical. Really? He thinks its okay for his sister to have kids as a student? Wow.
I'm a Shizuno/Moroha fan but it's nice to see Satsuki interacting with Moroha. Considering how obsessed she is with him, it'd be unnatural for them to get no screen time together.
It seems that Moroha's taken to Shizuno or something. When Satsuki hugged him, his reaction was "Let go!" But at the end of the episode, Shizuno leaned onto his shoulder and he seemed pretty happy about it. Not to mention they were in a rather intimate pose at the end of episode 4 and Moroha seemed pretty okay with it.
The ending with Shizuno was the only thing I liked about this week's episode. Oh wait, there's another thing. The beach episode is OVER. That means that I won't have to deal with this crap again. I know some people like episodes like this but not me. I kind of hope the captain really does crack Kanzaki's skull at some point...
The next episode looks like it'll have some action. Looking forward to it.
MALoween 2017 Candy:
Feb 9, 2015 8:41 AM
ざわ・・ ざわ・・

Oct 2012
i don't understand how people can rate this episode 5/5....
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2015

61 by Nekoburger »»
Sep 24, 2023 9:16 PM

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2015

156 by LemonSvk »»
Jul 26, 2023 5:36 AM

» The spells

Estatia - Dec 15, 2016

1 by UTSGhost »»
Apr 14, 2023 5:42 AM

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2015

97 by tanaymulik_ »»
Apr 2, 2023 12:09 PM

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2015

76 by orbone »»
Mar 2, 2023 7:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.