Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 7, 2015 8:08 PM

Sep 2011
Rayzer said:
Wow lots of post again! (But I'm not happy with this)
How is this at all on alfonso? Hell even the gramps wasnt at fault its the fucking mindless horror that caused this. Though gramps could of handled this way better

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 7, 2015 8:36 PM

Dec 2012
Amazing episode, a masterpiece. Since 5 episodes, the relationships are really became important, that make this episode hard to see.
The evolving of Leon and Alfonso are really good developed. This show impress me more and more !
Feb 7, 2015 8:43 PM

Nov 2012
JizzyHitler said:
Rayzer said:
Wow lots of post again! (But I'm not happy with this)
How is this at all on alfonso? Hell even the gramps wasnt at fault its the fucking mindless horror that caused this. Though gramps could of handled this way better

I also don't think it is Alonso's fault either, but I agree with the Screw You Alfonso..... I mean, can something bad happen to him for a change. He's got it easy so far, playing hero while being oblivious of what is going on around him.
Feb 7, 2015 8:45 PM

Sep 2011
jose21 said:
JizzyHitler said:

I also don't think it is Alonso's fault either, but I agree with the Screw You Alfonso..... I mean, can something bad happen to him for a change. He's got it easy so far, playing hero while being oblivious of what is going on around him.

did you miss the part where his mother died?
Or his father in the hands of mendoza's subordiante?

Alfonso had it rough too, just cause its not AS bad as leon doesnt make his life any less of a suffer to go through.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 7, 2015 8:59 PM

Apr 2014
JizzyHitler said:
jose21 said:

Alfonso had it rough too, just cause its not AS bad as leon doesnt make his life any less of a suffer to go through.

I am just saying "Screw You Alfonso" because he took Zaruba out of his greediness to be the Golden Makai Knight.
He didn't even know what Leon has been through about his mother. (It was Leon's greatest Nightmare!)
If Leon was still have Zaruba and a Makai Knight he could have saved them!
Haters always gonna hate.
Feb 7, 2015 9:19 PM

Nov 2012
Rayzer said:
I am just saying "Screw You Alfonso" because he took Zaruba out of his greediness to be the Golden Makai Knight.
He didn't even know what Leon has been through about his mother. (It was Leon's greatest Nightmare!)

That is exactly what annoys me even more about his character. Was there really a good reason for him to take Leon's armor other than greediness?...... However, I think he got Zaruba from Herman cause he was the one who took the ring on that episode, so I assume Herman may have gave it to him later on on the series, but they just didn't show it.
Feb 7, 2015 9:43 PM

Apr 2014
She didnt have to die, right?
I never expected Leon to stay there but I though she would go with him when he left...
I say "I'm speechless" to tell you I want to say something though am not sure how...
Feb 7, 2015 9:45 PM

Apr 2014
jose21 said:
I think he got Zaruba from Herman cause he was the one who took the ring on that episode, so I assume Herman may have gave it to him later on on the series, but they just didn't show it.

I was actually gonna say Alfonso took Zaruba and the Makai Sword/Armor (Because I thought Zaruba turns into a sword).
Herman gave Zaruba to Alfonso because If someone have the Golden Knight Sword the ring must be together with it.
Feb 7, 2015 9:51 PM

Sep 2011
Rayzer said:
JizzyHitler said:

leon slaughtered hundreds of innocent civilians and couldnt fight the enemy right in front of him, alfonso didnt steal the garo armor the garo armor chose him instead after leon failed. It doesnt matter how understandable leon's anger was, HE SLAUGHTERED COUNTLESS INNOCENTS

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 7, 2015 10:15 PM

Nov 2012
JizzyHitler said:

leon slaughtered hundreds of innocent civilians and couldnt fight the enemy right in front of him, alfonso didnt steal the garo armor the garo armor chose him instead after leon failed. It doesnt matter how understandable leon's anger was, HE SLAUGHTERED COUNTLESS INNOCENTS

I guess pretty much the same way, Alfonso's parents and him killed many Makai knights and priest believing in Mendoza.
Just like them, Leon did all of that cause Mendoza played with his mind.
Also, Sure the armor choose Alfonso, but he was the one that took the sword from Leon, while he still have the other armor. That's why Alfonso even asked Herman (who was a bit surprise when Alfonso asked him that) if he can take garo's armor. Why did he need it, if he already have the other one?... BTW, Alfonso failed as well since Mendosa still alive, and so far Alfonso is quite clueless trying to find the enemy. I mean, the horrors either have to be in plain sight or come at him otherwise he cannot find them. Last episodes, he needed Herman's help otherwise he would still be looking for them.
Anyway, I guess everything is just building up for him to go down just like Leon once he figures out what is going on around him. I mean, he doesn't know about his father being under the care of Mendoza's subordinate. He still thinks he saved the day and Mendoza is dead. His mother died in vain. Him sort of failing to protect people, I mean last time that chick and her boyfriend almost died if weren't cause of Herman, and now, even thought it wasn't his fault, he couldn't help Leon.
jose21Feb 7, 2015 10:21 PM
Feb 7, 2015 10:20 PM

Apr 2014
JizzyHitler said:

Man have you watch this episode? Alfonso already said that If he was on Leon's situation he could do the same (or worse).
Alfonso said that "People may not understand what they do not experience themselves"

And Alfonso steal the Golden Knight Armor (Taking without permission to the owner).
He just got the requirements to be the Golden Makai Knight, so he was accepted by Zaruba.
And how that Leon's anger/feelings doesn't matter? Those people who he "slaughtered" was the same people as those who discriminated/abused/accused Leon's Mother (Anna) as a Witch (and also those Makai Alchemist)... It serves them right!!!
Feb 7, 2015 10:37 PM

Sep 2012
I am so fucking pissed that Lara died. What the flying fuck. Ximena got to fucking live. Why the fuck did Lara die? I was thinking Leon would go back to being a knight after coming to realization that he can't protect Lara and her family as he currently is. But fucking no. They HAVE to make the old man obsess over those dumb seeds (which was an obvious death flag now that I think about it), saying those seeds were his life, (yeah, more like they fucking took it) and make them ALL die. GFuckingG.

Even in the fucking ending credits you see Leon and Lara together while Leon has a sword, protecting her. Normally OPs and EDs are supposed to be damn spoilers. Fucking lying douches.

Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck. /flips 10000 tables over
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Feb 8, 2015 12:41 AM

Oct 2009
What if now Leon will try to revive her with some kind of taboo magic like Mendoza?
Feb 8, 2015 2:08 AM

Mar 2014
OMG NOOOOOOOO LAAAARRRRRAAAAAA

I can't believe this, how could she have die !!!!!!

Feb 8, 2015 3:25 AM

Nov 2014
You people still buy this bullshit plot device mother story? C'mon, he was a baby, no one would have any feelings for someone distant to them, let alone set on a revenge.
Also, the plot armor for Mendoza to server some "greater" purpose later in the shows is just crap. The Horror that "ate" him was split in half, yet he miraculously survives.
No, just, no!

In defense of Alfonso, because this is an action show, I doubt they'll show political play and what might be happening in the court, Alfonso having enemies, powerful people not agreeing with his policy and et cetera.
So far, he's doing a marvelous job as the Golden Knight, while Leon pretty much murdered hundreds of innocents, because the show had to have retarded plot for his revenge.
ourielFeb 8, 2015 5:50 AM
Feb 8, 2015 3:54 AM

Dec 2012
ouriel said:
You people still buy this bullshit deus ex machina mother story? C'mon, he was a baby, no one would have any feelings for someone distant to them, let alone set on a revenge.
Also, the plot armor for Mendoza to server some "greater" purpose later in the shows is just crap. The Horror that "ate" him was split in half, yet he miraculously survives.
No, just, no!

What are you talking about? What does that have anything to do with Deus ex Machina? I understand that's really weird(a baby who understood what's going on around him), but that is not a Deus ex Machina.
A bad plot armour is when it happens to the one of the main characters, not to the antagonist/villain.
I like anime.
Feb 8, 2015 4:22 AM

Nov 2014
Pat_To_Do-List said:
ouriel said:
[spoiler]You people still buy this bullshit deus ex machina mother story? C'mon, he was a baby, no one would have any feelings for someone distant to them, let alone set on a revenge.
No, just, no!

What are you talking about? What does that have anything to do with Deus ex Machina? I understand that's really weird(a baby who understood what's going on around him), but that is not a Deus ex Machina.
A bad plot armour is when it happens to the one of the main characters, not to the antagonist/villain.[/spoiler]

She is plot device, for him seeking revenge and going berserk.
And I assume all of us knew Mendoza was/is alive, although he got eaten and then sliced in half by Alfonso, but he avoided death somehow.
His dead was anticlimactic, so, it was expected to be alive, that's why I said plot armor for him, to serve some "greater" purpose later. :)
Feb 8, 2015 4:38 AM

Nov 2012
ouriel said:
You people still buy this bullshit deus ex machina mother story? C'mon, he was a baby, no one would have any feelings for someone distant to them, let alone set on a revenge.
No, just, no!

In defense of Alfonso, because this is an action show, I doubt they'll show political play and what might be happening in the court, Alfonso having enemies, powerful people not agreeing with his policy and et cetera.
So far, he's doing a marvelous job as the Golden Knight, while Leon pretty much murdered hundreds of innocents, because the show had to have retarded plot for his revenge.

I don't understand anything of what you said.....What the hell are you talking about. Who was a baby? You mean Leon....... I mean why wouldn't he love his mom, even if he never got to meet her.... are you out of your mind???? Why wouldn't he got pissed that his mom got killed when he was a baby??...
And what cause Leon to kill of that innocent people was that he fell for Mendoza's tricks, pretty much just like everyone else on the series including Alfonso. It isn't like Leon wanted to kill everyone right from the beginning. How many innocent people do you think died during the reign of Alfonso's parents while they were witch hunting innocent people on Mendoza's advice. Even at the beginning of the series, Leon's mother died because they were stupid enough to listen to Mendoza and believed that killing her would cure the king.

Anyway, marvelous job, are you serious? He kind of sucks at it. I mean, he has been able to kill some horror, that is true, but cause he is so clueless about the real word it seems that he is unable to find/sense his enemy unless they are right in front of him (And not even like that since under his nose, Mendoza's helper is the one "talking care of his father.")
Alfonso is pretty the same as Leon was in the past; only difference is that Leon was set on revenge while Alfonso is obsess about being the knight of his childhood stories. Both get blinded by their desires once they see an Horror and forget about anything that is going on around them.
Feb 8, 2015 5:17 AM

Dec 2012
ouriel said:
She is plot device, for him seeking revenge and going berserk.
And I assume all of us knew Mendoza was/is alive, although he got eaten and then sliced in half by Alfonso, but he avoided death somehow.
His dead was anticlimactic, so, it was expected to be alive, that's why I said plot armor for him, to serve some "greater" purpose later. :)

Plot device is not the same as Deus ex Machina.
At first you seemed like you hated how "Mendoza died," but now you do not mind at all? What's your point exactly?
I like anime.
Feb 8, 2015 5:44 AM

Nov 2014

You're telling me that you'll have a strong love for someone you never met? He can be sentimental, but he won't have any strong love to go an revenge and berserk just because his mother was put on a stake; he can have some imaginative picture about his mom, but it won't develop strong feelings for her.
By that logic, the Chinese people should go on a revenge for the atrocities the Japanese people did to them, or the countries affected in the WW2 by Germany should kill off the whole populace of Germany for what Hitler did to their families? Or maybe, the Japanese should develop an atomic bomb and drop it in New York and Washington because the Americans did that?
Leon knew what a Makai Knight duties are in the first place and that his personal issues shouldn't meddle with his Makai Knight duties.

True Alfonso is a newbie, but he cares for his people and his kingdom, he receives people at his palace to listen to their problems, he repaired the city, to which Leon destroyed, which probably cost Alfonsos' kingdom a lot of money to repair it, along with the hundreds of innocent dead people.
Oh, and, when we're on the innocent people that died by Leon, they should also seek revenge to kill Leon, because, not only he destroyed their homes, but their loved ones as well, right?
Or is it only justifiable for Leon only?

(I certainly don't have any feelings for distant relatives I barely know, let alone ones that I've never met; I also don't have feelings for strangers I never met.
Just like you don't care if I die and have any emotions toward me, it'll be the same with any stranger like it or not.)

@Pat_To_Do-List I don't care how he died, I prefer for him to stay death, that was all I wanted.
(My mistake for deux ex machina, I'll edit it out.)
ourielFeb 8, 2015 5:57 AM
Feb 8, 2015 6:04 AM

May 2014
asdlolxd_ said:
I didn't want this but honestly ... it was predictable that he had to lose someone again to go back to the makai knights and have a new reason to fight.

I think the reason to protect her were more than enough. She didn't necessarily need to die.
Feb 8, 2015 6:08 AM

Nov 2012
ouriel said:

You're telling me that you'll have a strong love for someone you never met? He can be sentimental, but he won't have any strong love to go an revenge and berserk just because his mother was put on a stake; he can have some imaginative picture about his mom, but it won't develop strong feelings for her.
By that logic, the Chinese people should go on a revenge for the atrocities the Japanese people did to them, or the countries affected in the WW2 by Germany should kill off the whole populace of Germany for what Hitler did to their families? Or maybe, the Japanese should develop an atomic bomb and drop it in New York and Washington because the Americans did that?
Leon knew what a Makai Knight duties are in the first place and that his personal issues shouldn't meddle with his Makai Knight duties.

True Alfonso is a newbie, but he cares for his people and his kingdom, he receives people at his palace to listen to their problems, he repaired the city, to which Leon destroyed, which probably cost Alfonsos' kingdom a lot of money to repair it, along with the hundreds of innocent dead people.
Oh, and, when we're on the innocent people that died by Leon, they should also seek revenge to kill Leon, because, not only he destroyed their homes, but their loved ones as well, right?
Or is it only justifiable for Leon only?

(I certainly don't have any feelings for distant relatives I barely know, let alone ones that I've never met; I also don't have feelings for strangers I never met.
Just like you don't care if I die and have any emotions toward me, it'll be the same with any stranger like it or not.)

Why can't u read or just watch that episode again... Leon killed all that people cause Mendoza got on his mind. All I am saying is that He didn't really wanted to kill that people. It was bad anyway, he knows it, but it isn't like did it on purpose. I am not trying to justify what he did, but he is being treated like a villain, when he is only another one that got used by Mendoza, just like Alfonso and his family did when they went along with the witch hunts.
It is pretty much like Herman's friend, he was the bad guy, but later on it was explained that he was being deceived by Mendoza and Mendoza got him under his control.

About the feeling/love for strangers thing. well I guess that's how you think. Like you said, I don't know u, I don't care if you feel that way. It doesn't mean everyone has to think that way or the way I think.
Anyway, I would love my mom even if I never got the chance to meet her, why wouldn't I? Why wouldn't I get mad at the people who deprive me of being with my mom? It isn't like Leon's mother abandoned him. She got killed "by stupid people" who believed in Mendoza's words just like he did later on (Actually, even that people can't really be blame for killing the "witch." they did it only cause they were following Mendoza's advice.)
And once again, Leon went on rampage only after Mendoza deceived him and showed him how supposedly his mom died.
jose21Feb 8, 2015 6:16 AM
Feb 8, 2015 6:09 AM

Apr 2010
So I stopped watching this as the episodes recently have pretty much been filler style eps. How were 16 and 17? Still fillerish or is story actually progressing?
Feb 8, 2015 6:22 AM

May 2011
mangalicker94 said:
asdlolxd_ said:
I didn't want this but honestly ... it was predictable that he had to lose someone again to go back to the makai knights and have a new reason to fight.

I think the reason to protect her were more than enough. She didn't necessarily need to die.

I agree. The death of her isn't helping him to return to be a Makai Knight in any way, quite the opposite. He finally found something to protect, just to get that taken from him.
Feb 8, 2015 7:03 AM

Nov 2014

But, would you go on a revenge, if something like that happened? Plus, they were really seen as witches by the citizens and by what they were able to accomplish.
I don't think you can go against the citizens, if they support that idea, which is shown that they do.
Things have probably changed since the time his mother was killed.(It seems as well like it is set in the Dark Ages period, so, in our real world things like that happened as well.)
Also, he was training as a Makai Knight his whole life, he should know full well that his professional life shouldn't be meddled with his personal.
I like the current Leon, he's more mature, while I didn't like him as much in the first season. :)
I still find his revenge unjustifiable, and, I don't think he's villain, nor should he be seen as one, at least for now, unless they make him one.

@Antonnn Yeah, there's a progress in the story, major one you could say, I think.
Feb 8, 2015 7:44 AM

Nov 2012
ouriel said:

But, would you go on a revenge, if something like that happened? Plus, they were really seen as witches by the citizens and by what they were able to accomplish.
I don't think you can go against the citizens, if they support that idea, which is shown that they do.
Things have probably changed since the time his mother was killed.(It seems as well like it is set in the Dark Ages period, so, in our real world things like that happened as well.)
Also, he was training as a Makai Knight his whole life, he should know full well that his professional life shouldn't be meddled with his personal.
I like the current Leon, he's more mature, while I didn't like him as much in the first season. :)
I still find his revenge unjustifiable, and, I don't think he's villain, nor should he be seen as one, at least for now, unless they make him one.

@Antonnn Yeah, there's a progress in the story, major one you could say, I think.

DUDE u are still not reading or don't understand me.
Mendoza got on his mind.
Leon went on rampage only after Mendoza deceived him and showed him how supposedly his mom died.

All I am saying, He didn't mean to kill that people. Mendoza broke him down. A teenage immature guy. Like somebody mention before on this same discussion, even Alfonso said it himself on this episode that even him might have done the same or worse.

Anyway, just who do you think he wanted revenge on??? The people or Mendoza?..... It seems to me he grew wanting revenge on Mendoza and the horrors, but Mendoza twisted his mind and turned everything on the people at that moment.
About the Makai knight training thing I guess that was Herman fault. Come on, I like Herman, but he is not really such a great role model.
jose21Feb 8, 2015 7:58 AM
Feb 8, 2015 8:58 AM

Feb 2014
For the entire time I was saying no dont do it no no no no no no noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

... I was shipping that couple hard, heart broken </3
Feb 8, 2015 9:01 AM

Nov 2014

I know who he wanted revenge, and, I am reading what you're saying about what Mendoza did to deceive him. However, I'm telling you that his professional life shouldn't be mixed with his personal life, which, leads us to the unwanted incident that happened because of his personal grudge that he had against Mendoza.
He got his finger because they trusted him that he overcomed the lust for revenge and would act professionally about the whole thing.
We don't see Herman lusting for revenge, even tho he loved Anna, and knew her for a long time.

And it wasn't just his mother that died, other Makai Knights and Alchemists died and there was nothing they could do. Leon is not a freaking special snowflake and his revenge is unjustifiable and unfounded because he never knew his mother, nor he wasn't the only one who had a parent die by an unjust cause.
Just because Mendoza showed him a memory of his mother on a stake, doesn't mean you need to lose your shit, when you know that you'll go berserk and wreck chaos.
I don't want to see a stupid pretext for a revenge story, I want him to be level-headed, to think things through and not to act rush.

For example, I would've found his revenge on the Horrors(or Mendoza) more justifiable when saw Lara die(if she's dead). This way, he doesn't even know his mother and he seeks revenge, that's where the problem lies for me, that's where I see it as a plot hole and a major one at that.

Now, the citizens of Valiante should seek Leon and kill him, because he killed their parents and/or children as well as destroy their homes and shops. Where is their revenge story? See where I am going? That's where the story for his revenge is being stupid and unfounded.
Feb 8, 2015 9:08 AM

Jul 2010
R.I.P to Lara, so will Leo get his armor back?
yeo
Feb 8, 2015 9:19 AM

Nov 2009
Surprised that Lara got killed off, after all... I thought she had a plot armor for being Leon's love interest and featured so prominently in the ED... But she's still in the preview for the next ep, and she's quite alive there...? wtf.

I wonder what armor Leon is gonna wear. Alfonso fitting the Golden Knight image perfectly invalidates him suddenly losing the armor to Leon, so this option is out of question. (and that little tidbit with Alfonso talking to Zaruba? It made me happy). Unless Alfonso suddenly up and gives the Golden armor to Leon out of his own will? But it won't make sense either, and I'll probably hate this series if they made Alfonso do something like that. So, Leon needs some other set of armor - either Alfonso's former armor, Gaia, or the armor that Herman's late friend left with him, I suppose?
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Feb 8, 2015 10:04 AM

Nov 2012

Dude, come on, WTF.... Not sure how to explain it to you, so you won't misunderstand anything I am saying.
Anyway, From what I understand. It isn't like Leon chose to be a Makai Knight cause he wanted to protect people. He didn't really have any motivation to be a Makai Knight other that getting revenge for his mother death. That is pretty much what was said on this episode as well. I mean, do you seriously expect an immature 17 year old guy with an immature father to be "professional"/level headed. Even Alfonso said he might have done the same. Also, Dude he is not the only one that got deceived by Mendoza. Pretty much everyone else in this series has, but it seems he is the only one that can be judge.

Now, It seems, like usual, that you misunderstood what I said about Herman. Sure, Herman as a Makai Knight there is nothing to complain about. Although, There was nothing "professional" when Alfonso found him, a couple episodes ago. Only Alfonso would think Herman wasn't there for the flowers for a girl, but instead chasing a Horror. But as a mentor and father, I would seriously think he is not quite the right guy. Also, If Leon grew up wanting revenge wouldn't it the job of his father/mentor to try to do something.

Anyway, I still cannot comprehend why it isn't a valid argument for him to try to get revenge for his mother's dead. So he shouldn't feel anything for his mom cause he never met her, so basically she is a stranger according to what you have said, but he is suppose to help strangers just cause is his duty; Are you kidding me?
Also, yeah, I am sure there must be people on Variante who might want revenge or at least justice for what he did, only that how the hell are they supposed to know about Leon. I doubt there are people actually knew what happened that day. So far it seems they think the Golden Knight already took care of that. It isn't like Alfonso or anybody else where telling everyone else that Leon did it. Unlike, Leon they don't even know who is responsible.

I would actually think it is more ridiculous the Why Alfonso needed to take Leon's armor. For what purpose other than his own power hunger did he need Garo's armor. It is almost as saying that he is not good enough, so he needed Garo's armor. So basically, he is useless unless he has Garo's armor.
Feb 8, 2015 10:37 AM

Nov 2014
I agree about Herman and his duty as a father and as a Makai mentor is not to be taken as a role model at all.

Okay, let me ask you this, say, you're an infant, one of your parents is killed unjustly and you never get the chance to meet that parent. Now, you're 13-14 years of age and your guardian decides to tell you that your parent was killed unjustly, so, will you go and exact revenge?
I'm saying, that, as humans being, we cannot develop strong feelings for someone we don't know, compared to those with whom you've spent your entire life living with. You can be sentimental about that deceased parent, but not to any extremes to go and seek revenge.

He's supposed to help strangers because that's his job, just like the police, firefighters and hospitals are supposed to help strangers(read citizens) and just like the army is supposed to protect the country.

The Garo armor chose Alfonso, because of what Leon did. It doesn't matter if it was an incident and the cause for that incident was Mendoza, it's his fault for being unable to control his feelings.
Feb 8, 2015 11:44 AM

Nov 2012
ouriel said:
I agree about Herman and his duty as a father and as a Makai mentor is not to be taken as a role model at all.

Okay, let me ask you this, say, you're an infant, one of your parents is killed unjustly and you never get the chance to meet that parent. Now, you're 13-14 years of age and your guardian decides to tell you that your parent was killed unjustly, so, will you go and exact revenge?
I'm saying, that, as humans being, we cannot develop strong feelings for someone we don't know, compared to those with whom you've spent your entire life living with. You can be sentimental about that deceased parent, but not to any extremes to go and seek revenge.

He's supposed to help strangers because that's his job, just like the police, firefighters and hospitals are supposed to help strangers(read citizens) and just like the army is supposed to protect the country.

The Garo armor chose Alfonso, because of what Leon did. It doesn't matter if it was an incident and the cause for that incident was Mendoza, it's his fault for being unable to control his feelings.

Come on, just watch the episode again and listen clearly to what Alfonso said. Alfonso not Leon, He said it all. There is no way to tell how would you react unless it happens to you. It didn't happen to me, so I have no clue how I would act. I can come up with an answer, but it is easier said than done (I mean, I might say something now, but in reality I might do otherwise). There are people who would seek revenge, there are those who won't, and I would think an immature guy who was raise only to fight not even knowing what he was protecting has a good chance to do it. I mean, I thought it was quite clear on this episode that Leon only learned what he was supposed to be fighting for, now that he's met Lara and her family.

I think the whole the armor chose him thing is a bit misleading. It isn't that the armor chose him, but that he can also be Garo since he is also part of the bloodline. He even asked Herman (To his surprise) if he could take it. It isn't like the amor went to beg Alfonso to take it. He took the armor/sword from Leon out of his own will. If the armor were to chose, it probably would have been better choice for Herman to take it wouldn't it (But he has the other armor, well, so did Alfonso).
If it is about choosing, how the hell the armor chose Leon in the first place?
jose21Feb 8, 2015 11:49 AM
Feb 8, 2015 1:39 PM

Apr 2013
"A fire?! The seeds!!! Those things are more important than our lives! Also, the plot no longer requires us for Leon's character arc, so it's time to die!"

Poor Lara. Life is hard for thinly-veiled plot devices. As soon as it was clear that Leon would be staying with them for more than a single episode it was painfully obvious that they'd all get killed by a horror.

Also, why did Lara get crushed when her family got vaporized outside? Since they only went back for the seeds, she had no reason to go inside. It's possible her family told her to wait inside while they got the seeds, but I find it horribly unlikely that someone who was always so willing to help would let her family put themselves in such danger while she waited inside.

Additionally, the seeds were relatively safe under the wood. Seeing as there was dirt between the wood and the house, the fire would've had to have spread across the dirt to get to them, which was unlikely in the first place. In other words, their train of thought was, "Leon left! Okay, let's go get ourselves killed! We can even use the seeds as an excuse for our untimely demises!"
Feb 8, 2015 2:05 PM
Nov 2007
antonnn said:
So I stopped watching this as the episodes recently have pretty much been filler style eps. How were 16 and 17? Still fillerish or is story actually progressing?

It's progressing! I guess 16 was still a filler (altho one that focused on Herman and his relationship with Ximena for a change so it didn't feel as useless as some of the previous eps). But 17 = big changes for Leon and it seems like the story's finally going to pick up from now on.
Feb 8, 2015 5:13 PM
May 2007
Finally, Zaruba has some use to some minimal again
Feb 8, 2015 6:30 PM

Feb 2011
zunderdog24 said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OUT OF THE 400 ANIMES I HAVE WATCHED, I HAVE NEVER HOPED SO MUCH THAT SOMEONE WOULD PULL THROUGH AND LIVE AS MUCH AS I DID WHILE WATCHING THE MOMENT BETWEEN LARA AND LEON
I REALLY THOUGHT SHE WAS GONNA SURVIVE AFTER SHE CALLED OUT TO LEON
AND BEFORE THAT, THE SHADOWS....... IF ONE OF THEM WAS LARA I DONT KNOW WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE, IT MADE MY STOMACH TURN WITH JUST THE THOUGHT

WHY COULDNT LARA LIVE GOD DAMMIT! GOD DAMMIT! GOD DAMMIT! GOD DAMMIT!

this...

Feb 8, 2015 9:14 PM

Aug 2013
Holy fuck, after of all the Lara's death flag came true, and Leon eventually lost everything he had

Even knowing what would happen, even though they know is for the protagonist grow, I do not wanted her to have died, turned into one of the deaths I was more angry in animes, damn plot

I'll keep watching, but I hope that have finished the fillers and now focus on the main story ..
Feb 8, 2015 9:27 PM

Nov 2014
jose21 said:
ouriel said:

Come on, just watch the episode again and listen clearly to what Alfonso said. Alfonso not Leon, He said it all. There is no way to tell how would you react unless it happens to you. It didn't happen to me, so I have no clue how I would act. I can come up with an answer, but it is easier said than done (I mean, I might say something now, but in reality I might do otherwise). There are people who would seek revenge, there are those who won't, and I would think an immature guy who was raise only to fight not even knowing what he was protecting has a good chance to do it. I mean, I thought it was quite clear on this episode that Leon only learned what he was supposed to be fighting for, now that he's met Lara and her family.

I think the whole the armor chose him thing is a bit misleading. It isn't that the armor chose him, but that he can also be Garo since he is also part of the bloodline. He even asked Herman (To his surprise) if he could take it. It isn't like the amor went to beg Alfonso to take it. He took the armor/sword from Leon out of his own will. If the armor were to chose, it probably would have been better choice for Herman to take it wouldn't it (But he has the other armor, well, so did Alfonso).
If it is about choosing, how the hell the armor chose Leon in the first place?

Man, I'm telling you, that you can't get attached to dead things and have fully fleshed feelings for someone you never met, even if that is your parent. You get attached and develop feelings for them by being with them.
If Alfonso mother was killed when he was being born I would say the same thing. However, if his mother was killed now, at his 20 or so years of age, his revenge would be justified. Why you ask? Because he got to live with her for 20 or so years; during that period he got attached and grew feelings for his mother, 'tis not the same with dead beings you never met.
Leon wanting to take the armor back is fine now, because he developed feelings for Lara, a living being, with whom he spent more time than he did with his dead mother.
I don't know what's so hard to understand, that you can't get attached and develop emotions for dead people you never met.
Feb 8, 2015 11:31 PM
May 2008
I seriously want to know if anyone is as retarded as that grandpa about something -.-; I mean I heard about similar cases of people obsessing about something when they are in the middle of a life or death struggle, but not when they are relatively safe.

Like for example the house is on fire and you have to escape but you're washing dishes at the time. A person first finishes washing the dishes, puts them away, turns off the water etc. Then finally escapes.(read this somewhere else)

When people are in a panic state they do absurd things because that's all they're used to doing.. I guess since he's a senile old fart he was stuck in his thought process even more -.-;

I dunno did I just answer my own question?
Feb 9, 2015 9:49 AM

Sep 2011
everyone is blaming the grandpa, or alfonso, but why is no one blaming the FUCKING HORROR

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 9, 2015 4:01 PM

Nov 2012
JizzyHitler said:
everyone is blaming the grandpa, or alfonso, but why is no one blaming the FUCKING HORROR

I am actually blaming the writer... The Horror was just a tool of the writer...lol
Feb 9, 2015 5:27 PM

Dec 2011
Probably one of the best episodes of the series. Gotta admit I was so teared up at the death of Lara, I honestly just hoped Leon would quit his previous life and just live with Lara in peace and leave the world saving to Alfonso.

But Lara's death and Leon becoming a Knight again doesn't really make sense. If anything he should be back where he started with the revenge goal and nothing to protect. I hope what comes what comes next isn't cliche and predictable. There's a few ways this show can go forward.

1. The cliche path, Leon sees that the power of Makai Knights is from the desire to protect something, and now he wants to protect the people from experiencing Horrors killing people's loved ones and the pain afterwards. He somehow takes back Garo, and Alfonso goes back to using Gaia if the ED is any indication.

2. Same thing but maybe Leon, instead of getting back Garo becomes the next Black Knight, since Bernando died and Herman did say he will find a successor worthy of the power for him.

3. The most interesting, Leon becoming a villain of sorts similar to Mendoza, out to destroy Horrors and Makai Knights alike, wishing to end the cycle of death and destruction that they bring to the world.

Either way, that Grandpa is a fucking idiot, who in the right mind would go back to where a monster is to get some fucking seeds.

And Alfonso seeing Lara die was a great add-on, will probably really make him reflect and may even become the reason Leon takes back Garo if he does due to his inability to save the family.
Feb 9, 2015 7:55 PM

Sep 2011
jose21 said:
JizzyHitler said:

I am actually blaming the writer... The Horror was just a tool of the writer...lol
Mappa confirmed main antagonist of garo

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 9, 2015 8:28 PM

Aug 2013
JizzyHitler said:

Because the Horror is just doing what Horrors do. Alfonso got there as fast as he could, so he shouldn't be blamed. The grandpa on the other hand, was well on his way to safety and protection for him and his entire family, until he freaked out about some stupid seeds and led his entire family to their deaths. Things, even those necessary for your livelihood, are not as important as your life.
Feb 9, 2015 8:39 PM

Dec 2013
I seriously almost dropped this shit when Lara died. Fucking old man and his seeds, I was perfectly fine with the rest of the family being killed but killing Lara too is just bullshit.

The previews for the next episode leave hope that she might not be dead, or could be resurrected somehow, so I will continue to trek on- but even as great as this episode was the series is losing points if Lara is actually dead.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Feb 9, 2015 10:03 PM

Jun 2007
everything about this episode was super upsetting but did the dog really have to die too??? the entire family AND the dog??? now that's just too harsh!!! you can't kill of pets...that's just not allowed...

alfonso's face was beautiful this episode tho. im crying but my ween is still hard

Feb 10, 2015 8:48 AM

Apr 2014
PaleBlue said:
JizzyHitler said:

Because the Horror is just doing what Horrors do. Alfonso got there as fast as he could, so he shouldn't be blamed. The grandpa on the other hand, was well on his way to safety and protection for him and his entire family, until he freaked out about some stupid seeds and led his entire family to their deaths. Things, even those necessary for your livelihood, are not as important as your life.

How does Alfonso did go there as fast as he could?
It's clear that he was getting cocky because he's the Golden Makai Knight now.
He was like showing off what he got and feeling high and mighty.

And you can't not blame the Grandpa because the rest of their lives depends on that seed.
Yes you can say it's stupid. Because you got plenty (I guess?) compared to there situation.
And yes can't blame the Horror because it's what they do. And No Horror means Garo not worth watching.
Feb 10, 2015 9:05 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that takes to the big main story.
It is worth the wait so much, melancholy rhythm and interesting at the same time, I regret that there has been a final like that, I wish they would turn the story in a different way.
Excellent quality of the drawings, CG spectacular.

Until the end I prayed that Lara would not die, because it did not happen all that? I'm sad! T_T
Feb 10, 2015 9:46 AM

Nov 2012
JizzyHitler said:
jose21 said:

Mappa confirmed main antagonist of garo

LOL
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Garo: Honoo no Kokuin Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

65 by macabongx »»
Nov 8, 2023 4:02 PM

Poll: » Garo: Honoo no Kokuin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2014

169 by Inexplicable »»
Oct 3, 2022 3:40 PM

» 2nd half is a lot better than first

Barry_Allen_14 - Aug 16, 2021

2 by Scythe97 »»
Sep 30, 2022 3:52 AM

Poll: » Garo: Honoo no Kokuin Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

89 by Creepyarea »»
Sep 17, 2022 1:42 AM

Poll: » Garo: Honoo no Kokuin Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

101 by dragynfaerie »»
Jun 26, 2022 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.