Forum Settings
Forums

Favorite Anime character morals or philosphy?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 6, 2015 10:48 PM

Aug 2013
Hiryu12 said:
"Nobody wins but I."

Guess who's that... :)

Akashi from "Kuroko no Basket"?

I have no idea.

That or maybe Madara or Obito.
Feb 6, 2015 10:50 PM

Dec 2014
"One for me, all for me."
Feb 6, 2015 10:52 PM

Apr 2013
StevenHu said:
Hiryu12 said:
"Nobody wins but I."

Guess who's that... :)

Akashi from "Kuroko no Basket"?

I have no idea.

That or maybe Madara or Obito.
Tokuchi from One Outs. But it is kinda applicable to Aomine...

Feb 7, 2015 2:07 AM

Nov 2014
“Children don’t grow up looking at perfect parents. Rather, using their imperfect parents as anti-teachers, children nourish a spirit of independence.”
— Alex Cazellnu

"There are few wars between good and evil; most are between one good and another good."
— Yang Wenli

"What is the most cowardly and shameful thing in human conduct? It’s when people with power, and people who flatter them, hide in safe places and extol war, force patriotism and self-sacrifice upon others, and then send them to the battlefield to die."
— Yang Wenli

“An army is a tool for violence, and there are two kinds of violence…Violence to control and oppress, and violence as a means of liberation. You know, what we call a national army, is fundamentally the former example. It’s a pity, but history doesn’t lie. When those in power confront popular opposition, there aren’t many examples of the army siding with the people. Far from it, in the past, in country after country, the army itself evolved into a power structure, and came to control the people with violence.”
— Yang Wenli

“All heroes have established their thrones atop not just their enemies, but a large quantity of allied corpses as well. There are no monarchs with clean hands.”
— Paul von Oberstein

"Even if you look at a mountain, if you only look at it from one direction, you can’t grasp the whole…Embodiments of evil don’t exist other than in television dramas…Maybe history will classify us not as good but as the evil camp…people aren’t strong enough to endure the recognition that they’re evil. Therefore, believing in their own righteousness, they fight to force their views on other people."
— Yang Wenli

“No, its citizens have turned over rulership to politicians, instead of participating in it! The people have democratic principles on their lips, but can’t spare the effort to safeguard it! The collapse of a government is the sin of its rulers and leaders. The collapse of democratic rule is the sin of every citizen!”
— Alexander Bucock

“I despise those who hide in safety while they glorify war and patriotism and send other people to the battlefield while they relax behind the lines. It is a difficult thing to live with those people under the same flag.”
— Yang Wenli

"I am not impatient. But since there is an opportunity, then it must be made full use of."
— Reinhard von Lohengramm

“The people of this era had forgotten again that every army in history, while trumpeting defense and peace, can also go on mad offensives. In truth, the army is the most powerful violent organization that a country possesses. This is common sense to those who understand history. In addition, a country which has united all of humanity has no external enemies. Minimal levels of military power will suffice.”
— Historian fella

"The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent! Usurpation is ten thousand times better than that! At least the usurper will toil for the sake of gaining power. They know that the power was not originally theirs!”
— Oskar von Reuenthal

“Fleet Admiral, have you ever thought about the difference between you and Kaiser Reinhard? It’s the difference in ambition. Kaiser Reinhard takes fate by the neck and forces it to obey his will when it tries to pass by him without his permission. Whether it’s good or bad, thats the principle.”
— Walter von Schenkopp

“Instead of pining for the bitterness of last year’s grapes, we should find the seeds of this year’s grapes.”

“So long as an organization relies solely on the genius of one individual, such an organization will remain immature.”

“Yang Wenli has many shortcomings, but he has one virtue that no one can possibly criticize. That is, he honestly believes in the principle that a democracy’s military exists solely for the purpose of protecting the lives of its citizens, and that he has acted upon that principle on more than one occasion.”
— Trung Yu Chen

“History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be."
— Oskar von Reuenthal

“Maybe humans are capable of committing far more shameless acts than they imagine they are. If they hadn’t faced adversity, they might have gone without discovering such ugly facets of themselves.”
— Hildegarde von Mariendorf

"Republican democratic structure is often born from the muzzle of guns. But the military, despite engendering democracy, should never boast of its accomplishment. And it’s not an unfair thing! Because the gist of democracy lies in control by the people, who have the power. Democracy institutionalizes the control of the power-holders by law and structure. And the military needs this control the most. They fight for the political structure that fundamentally denies them. The military of a democracy must accept that contradictory structure. The only things the military can demand from its government are a retirement pension and paid leave; that’s about it. In other words, the rights of the workers–they cannot demand for more than that."
— Yang Wenli

"People may need societies, but they don’t necessarily need “nations.”
— Yang Wenli

"Just like wine, some human relationships need time to mature."
— Daisuke Aramaki
ourielFeb 7, 2015 2:31 AM
Feb 7, 2015 2:09 AM

Nov 2014
The whole combined philosophy of Mawaru Penguindrum and Tatami Galaxy.

That is a effin lot.

Feb 7, 2015 2:11 AM

Jan 2013
Musashi Miyamoto from Vagabond. He does some real psychological monologues.
Feb 7, 2015 2:13 AM

Nov 2012
Exrial said:
What is your favorite characters morals or philosophy? Mine would have to be Touma from the toaru majutsu no index series. I like how he wants to protect everything and just thinks things will work out even though it probably is naive thinking. He is like the ideal hero and protects everything by just swinging his fist around

i love his equality punch lol
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

12 by Astachanna »»
10 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

23 by FanofAction »»
20 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

59 by KittenCuddler »»
33 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 11 hours ago

18 by traed »»
39 minutes ago

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 52 minutes ago

1 by SnipeStrike »»
45 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.