Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2015 9:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good to see the pacing of the episode get better this time with the action.

Really liked some of the mecha action that is adapted here and then the shifting balance in the second half with the calmer atmosphere. Seeing a few of the flashbacks combined with the usage of the piano OST also gave this episode imo a melancholic tone.
Feb 5, 2015 11:34 AM

Aug 2012
I really wonder what kind of hell is waiting ahead, the future doesn't looked too optimistic to me.

The new generation pilots are strong indeed, hope they can keep up.

Tsubaki awakes.

And Kazuki's wish is "to live", heartbreaking.
Feb 5, 2015 12:41 PM

Nov 2009
I don't like the new kids. I mean, doing much better than Kazuki's whole generation of pilots, including Kazuki and Soushi themselves, in their very first battle? Excuse me, but I call bullshit.

I just remembered why I don't like Toomi: it's her way of speaking, that elongation of random vowels really gets on my nerves when she has more than a couple of lines.

Kazuki is still as far from getting into the cockpit of his mech as in the beginning, which is frustrating all the more because without a clear goal, a clear purpose like fighting and protecting, he seems so lost, to me... he by far looks the saddest among the cast.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Feb 5, 2015 1:52 PM

Dec 2012
Oh, boy. Why do all great fights herald tragedy? ; _ ; Dat bad feeling, duuuh.

I think the anime goes with a good pace so far and lots of things got better explained (or defined). Exodus is a really good watch - can't wait for the next episode!
Feb 5, 2015 5:26 PM

Jul 2014
Can never find anything bad to say about this series
Feb 5, 2015 10:59 PM

Sep 2013
They should've changed Toomi's seiyuu. Seriously, she's not a kid anymore and her voce is annoying the shit out of me.

The kids are nice, but like the guy above said, too overpowered. I bet one or two of them will be obliterated from Earth to show how the golden guys (lol) are even more powerful now lol.

So... they will travel 1 month... shit will happen to them and to the people in the island. Thankfully Kazuki will be there to show the balls he still has hahaha.

By the way, Kanon totally needs to be with Kazuki... they match so nicely :)

(but I bet she'll die as well lol).
Feb 6, 2015 2:10 AM

Dec 2013
Maybe it's just me, but I saw death flags flying high all over the place in this episode. I have a feeling that the entire expedition, or at the least an large portion of it, will be obliterated. The Third Generation also seemed like they were flying death flags, they were way too good for their first mission- as has been stated here already, they were doing better than the best ever in their first go around. This episode just seemed like one giant herald of impending doom.

The emphasis being put on the former generation about retirement is like a large neon sign with flashing capital letters spelling out "We're going to be forced back into action before it's all said and done".

The only person on the expedition that I really wouldn't want to see obliterated, as I theorize is going to happen, would be Toumi. I don't really mind the rest being killed at all, there's been enough development for me to care about them.

The pacing was better with this episode, the past few have been horribly slow and boring. I mean, I know that is actually part of how this series handles the storytelling- it begins slow and builds up to the climax, but even so the pacing in the last few episodes could have been handled better. At least a bit, IMO.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Feb 6, 2015 5:46 AM

Oct 2009
The_Bif said:
Maybe it's just me, but I saw death flags flying high all over the place in this episode.

No, it's not just you.....there are death flags everywhere.
Feb 6, 2015 7:00 AM

Aug 2012
I, too, think many death flags are raising high in this episode, as well as in previous episodes, just this time they are more prominent. (And I believe almost everyone who has been following this series would see the flag rising.) What we have now:

- An inevitable scenario that old soldiers are forced to return to battlefield to save the day (as suggested in OP).
- A very dark, glooming ending sequence.
- Soshi’s prophet of death at the end of every episode (this time he clearly addressed the word “sacriface”).
- Newbie with exceptional performance, which is very unusual. But remember, the enemies were also evolving at an unimaginary speed.
- A very memorable death of important character was first present in episode 6 in the original series, next week we are having the episode 6.
- Tsubaki (Orihime) woke up way too early.
- Emery is not as innocent as she appears.
- Ubukata Tow being the main script writer.

My speculation about the possibility of death for the expedition members:

Hiroto – High
When an old Go-bin passed his mask to the new generation, his fate is sealed.

Akira – High
Those who involved in a one-sided relationship in Fafner usually don’t end well, said Shouko, Kouyou, Mamoru, Yukie, Yumi... Besides, he was WAY TOO EXCITED about seeing the world out there, he is likely to be disappointed.

Yumiko – Medium
She will do anything to protect her daughter.

Mizoguchi – Low
The living death-flag breaker built some death flags in this episode again, but I think his legend will continue.

Maya – Very Low
If the PV was trustworthy, she still need to live on to take the task of obliterating “comrades”.
eeveelugiaFeb 12, 2015 1:07 PM
Feb 6, 2015 5:20 PM

Jul 2009
So...

Also I can feel the scent of betrayal in the air and looks like Hiroto will be the first one to die.

Anyway, the overall quality of this show don't seem to drop, I'm impressed with this because this show has a small fanbase compared to all the airing trainwreck of this season.
Feb 7, 2015 10:34 AM

Sep 2013
Poor Hiroto. Biggest death flag ever lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if Miziguchi died as well. Maybe not now, but surely by the end of the anime.
Feb 8, 2015 12:55 AM
Jan 2015
Sadly, I don't see Akira and Hiroto returning ( as much as I fallen for their characters in just a short amount of time). Their role in this episode and ep 4 was pretty much saying goodbye to their loved ones (e.g. Rina & Seri). The OP shows both pairings together hanging out, which is pretty much a message to us foreshadowing their upcoming deaths.
It's sad to see them kill off pretty cool characters just like this.
I don't think they're gonna kill off the 3rd generation so soon cuz that Sui kid is showing potential of seriously replacing Soushi faster than they expected Soushi to retire.

If they kill Maya off now, the fandom is gonna be extremely disappointed. She is loved by her underclassmen and has special place in Kazuki's & Soushi's heart. If she was to be killed off, then they would have to make one whole episode in memory of her. (not even that is enough)

I think this episode was sad and at the same time trying to be funny with the whole interviewing all the characters segment with Hiroto and Seri. Then the whole Gobain stunts Mimika kept blabbering about and Soushi is like "STFU, I just said there is no such name like that. I told you it doesn't exist." LOL

Soushi told Maya to be a judge of the Neo US army. If she felt anything strange she should immediately get rid of them. I JUST KNOW that its gonna happen. Most of the crew and staff are gonna die in the upcoming month mission.

I feel as if they're gonna run into a huge snag of a festum and the Neo US army are gonna bail on them and be like "sorry we don't feel like helping you anymore." Then the pilots are left to deal with this festum while most of the crew are being obliterated.
Feb 10, 2015 5:22 AM
Jan 2015
All i am hoping for is kazuki and kanon surviving the blood baths that are surely coming, on a side note anyone else heard about how well fafner sold? 6k for 1st volumes woooo, really sad to see only 5000 people who have fafner in their list.
Feb 10, 2015 9:11 PM

Sep 2011
Come on hiroto, im counting on you man escape your death flags
eeveelugia said:

Mizoguchi – Low
The living death-flag breaker built some death flags in this episode again, but I think his legend will continue.
Hes too much of a beast to die, seriously in any other story this guy would have died a hundred times over but here this dude is still kicking ass and taking names.

Edit: oh shit it just hit me, a group of fafner pilots heading out for a one month exploration mission

oooooh fuck
JizzyHitlerFeb 10, 2015 9:17 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 11, 2015 3:24 PM

Aug 2011
Love the new pilots!!! This will be an interesting mission; can't wait.
Apr 28, 2015 2:23 PM

Dec 2008
3rd generation's got some BAMFs.

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 24, 2016 2:30 AM

Dec 2012
Holy shit! Awesome battle.

Kazuki and Maya need to confess to each already.

Damn it. Maya, Hiroto, and co. are leaving. I can only remember RoL.

Kazuki wants to live.

DAT ENDING.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

54 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Oct 8, 2022 3:27 AM

» Hmmm

Anamewthameaning - Apr 17, 2020

2 by mariox7777 »»
Sep 19, 2020 6:42 PM

» licensing?

NG_Chloe - Aug 20, 2018

1 by Setsuna200 »»
Dec 13, 2018 6:37 AM

» Kazuki and Toomi?

HatsumiShinogu - Jan 15, 2015

20 by KazeNoChikara »»
Jan 31, 2017 1:44 PM

Poll: » Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2015

25 by Rob »»
Dec 25, 2016 3:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.