Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Sep 23, 2017 4:05 AM
Aug 2017
That "want to commit suicide with me" tho... xD I feel like it's a joke, but idk. Can't wait to see how kousei would respond haha.

Nagi's kinda cute too haha. She's so lucky that Kousei is teacher her now.
I love anime and kpop! <3 BLINK and SONE
Jan 19, 2018 2:01 AM

Jul 2013
"Will you die with me?" Lol wtf is wrong with this selfish bitch. Anyway that new loli's addition to the character is a nice change of pace but she likes her brother? Wtf Japan.
Jan 21, 2018 3:33 PM
Dec 2017
The ending line for this episode got me SHOOKETH what the actual hell????????????????????????????????????????????????
Jan 22, 2018 7:16 AM
Apr 2016
It's kind of like this show influenced Doki Doki Literature club if you know what I mean. Tsubaki is like Sayori, and Kaori is like Monica or Yuri.
Phosphophyllite is best gem
Feb 20, 2018 5:44 AM

Dec 2015
Multiple sclerosis considering her age and gender? I honestly wanted to see Kaori and Kousei to play together at least a few more times :'(
~
Mar 19, 2018 9:24 PM
Dec 2017
so she is really dying Kaori... just like Seto Hiroko..
Apr 15, 2018 2:02 PM

Dec 2016
Kousei is so cute, i want to protect him ;-;
So, Kaori is trying to do the same that Saki did :/ She must be terrified </3
The fear of being forgotten... yes, it sure it's difficult to deal with such a thing, even more being so young :(
May 13, 2018 9:23 AM

Jul 2008
I didn't get the same line about double suicide everyone else did... is that really what it translate to?
Dec 30, 2018 12:16 PM

Apr 2013
That new loli girl is kinda annoying. Not because the character is annyoing, though it's another female that wants to abuse Kousei *yawn*, but because she doesn't seem to have a real purpose. She's just stealing screentime from interesting characters.

Ero-Camel said:
I didn't get the same line about double suicide everyone else did... is that really what it translate to?

Same, I was wondering what the people in here are talking about O_O
Feb 25, 2019 10:09 PM
Feb 2019
Pavane for a Dead Princess? Talk about a lack of subtlety...
Feb 28, 2019 3:57 AM
Feb 2019
I cried like a fucking baby, most emotional anime ever
Mar 8, 2019 2:08 PM

Mar 2016
Lol, I got some good chuckle seeing Kousei becoming a teacher for Nagi, which is obviously Aiza's little sister. I don't like this kind of loli that is planning a 'sabotaging plan'. In this case, to destroy Kousei. This is why whenever Nagi got told off and criticized by Kousei, it's quite satisfying!

A day out just between Kousei and Kaori, she knows she could never experience things that she would usually do any longer, so she went and do all the fun things besides playing music for the final time. From how she said that she was actually waiting for Kousei instead of Watari, I'm pretty sure Kaori is just close friends with Watari, besides, she had never been shown hanging around with Watari besides from some small encounters. This doesn't necessarily mean that she's in love with Kousei, but...

KOUSEI! CONFESS WHILST YOU STILL CAN!!! Or just commit a double suiced instead...
Mar 30, 2019 9:11 AM

Dec 2018
Well this episode is the craziest yet.

That little girl could have just ask Aiza to teach her right? And did she love her brother, as a lover?

There goes again Kaori with her lies. And was Arima a rich guy?

Kaori start to resemble her mother with the harsh word and keep asking Arima to train.

And here we goes with the saidst bits on the episode:
1. "If you put him in danger, I'll kill u myself.
2. "Want to commit double suicide?"

This is just my guess but I think this show gonna have a tragic ending. They're trying to hide it with some comedy but the true color of this show is.......
Kish0Mar 30, 2019 9:16 AM
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jun 28, 2019 9:48 PM

Sep 2017
I didn't actually think she hit her head. I always thought that was just her excuse to through Kousei and co. off her trail. And what a smash too. That probably hurt a lot. No wonder she instantly passed out. I love how proud and confident Nagi was only for Kousei to completely rip her performance to shreds. It's fitting for Kousei to be the teacher to someone who is as misinformed as he was all of those years ago (although it was only like two years ago). The face Kaori had while reminding Kousei he hadn't gone to see her to the point where she had forgotten who he was was terrifying. She did seem awfully excited to find a lost girl. I think Nagi actually has the right to be angry. Some people pay for these lessons. I'd be pissed too if I got a text from my teacher saying "Yah I won't be there, lol." Let's be honest. Koharu's drawing sucked ass. Anyone here played Corpse Party: Book of Shadows? The scene where Kousei and Kaori went to the school to grab Kaori's bag reminded me of Chapter 3. If you have played the game, you know what I mean. They just really going to brush over the part where she admitted she was waiting for Kousei and not Watari? I'm enjoying the dynamic between Kousei and Nagi. I hope we get more of it. I didn't realize Miike went to the same school as Nagi. That's pretty interesting, I guess. Is it really the teacher's job to run after their students? I've never had one do that for me... To be fair, those sweet potatoes looked pretty damn good. I've seen this rock paper scissors game in other shows like Nichijou and I still have no idea what the rules are? Are they allowed to repeat words like that? Uhhh... Can we please find out what it was that made Kaori cry there? What did the doctor tell her? It doesn't sound very good... When did Nagi sneak that hickey on there? Why hickey's a jacket anyway? I think teaching someone else is good practice in its own right. The show seemed to try and make it a huge shocker that Nagi was Takeshi's little sister, but it was pretty obvious, lol. Is that last line getting translated as Lover's Suicide for some people? For me, it is "Will you come with me to find out how it ends?" Pretty radically different meaning.
Aug 5, 2019 5:35 PM

Aug 2007
I can't believe Hiroko told Nagi if she hurt Kousei she would kill her. Such ruthlessness even to a kid, I love it.

Jan 15, 2020 10:18 PM

Jul 2016
Probably of the worst handles of drama I have ever seen in "respectable" series. Seriously, the jumps from forced comedy scenes to Kaori crying and sobbing over her illness are so misplaced. Totally out of place and that last line, "Want to commit double suicide with me?"... Damn, though it was just a quote, this series always decides to go for an extra mile xD

It seems this has become a thing now... but yep, it was another bad episode again.

By the way, sorry but Seto acting protectively at this point made me laugh. More than two years late, Seto.
Apr 14, 2020 11:38 PM

Feb 2019
It looks like Kaori's illness is getting worse, though I'm still not sure what it is. ALS? Anemia? She did say she was anemic early on (but I don't know if the translation was on spot there). Or haemophilia? Because it seems like she bled really easily, though I'm very unsure of this part.

I see now that Nagi does indeed have a part to play. In a way she really is similar to Kousei, but I think it's just a small similarity. So she is Aiza's sister, huh? I'm guessing she wants to destroy Kousei so that her brother can be free of obsessing over defeating him.

It's been a while, but finally an episode with lots of focus on Kaori. It seems she's slowly losing control of her legs and hands. When the bow fell from her hand and it seems like she started crying, that was really hard to see. I first thought it was a delusion when Kousei saw her on his way to the hospital, on the spot where they met when Kaori first tried to wait for Watari. But I get the feeling she was never waiting for Watari.

When she cried while riding the bike with Kousei, that also hit hard. But Kousei definitely knows something's wrong now. And then when she cried again in hospital when everybody was visiting. It definitely reminded Kousei of how his mother was. The panic and fear of somebody who might die. Out of everyone there, probably only Kousei could recognise that.

That last line.

"Want to die with me?"

What does this mean?

I'm becoming more afraid with each episode. And the ED just keeps on getting heavier and heavier.
Apr 30, 2020 6:01 AM

Feb 2018
Kaori's mentality seems to be tested here.
May 8, 2020 11:32 AM
Oct 2019
Make it stop... Kaori :'(

Hoping at least Kousei and Nagi can "grow" by piano-ing together.
Jul 5, 2020 1:40 PM

May 2018
God damn translations turned the double suicide line into a more euphemistic one :(
Dec 5, 2020 8:13 AM

Jan 2017
I should've seen the "Nagi is actually an imouto" twist coming, goddamnit
Jan 16, 2021 12:13 AM
Oct 2020
WHAT DID SHE JUST SAY
Boy am not ready for this shit......i hope they dont do what she just said from that book
Mar 7, 2021 11:13 AM

Mar 2019
Things are getting worse and I'm scared. Also, this new girl is kind of random. I mean yea she's that guy's brother, but Idk, it feels random.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 14, 2021 11:57 PM
Mar 2021
I really felt weak parts with Nagi. Although I had time for Kaori’s complications at the hospital, I don’t quite like those 2 chapters every time I watch the anime, except for the performance at the festival.
Mar 17, 2021 3:58 PM
Mar 2020
Kaori really reminded me of Kousei's mother this episode and I don't really know how I feel about this anymore. It was hard enough watching 16 episodes of this boring anime and that last line of "wanna kill yourself with me?"

Kaori wtf....bringing him down with her is something out of the ordinary. Right now I am having mixed feelings but I guess we will see by the end of the anime how it all ties up
Mar 18, 2021 6:33 AM
Dec 2020
Finally they showed some glimpses of Kaori's illness. I hope Arima has some clearity about Kaori's sufferings, otherwise at the worst case scenario, it's going to destroy him again.

So, Nagi is sister of Takeshi ! Don't know what role she's gonna play. But, I wanted to see more of Takeshi's rivalry with his idol Arima.
Apr 1, 2021 5:02 AM

Feb 2019
If you think about it, Kaori's offer isn't actually that bad.

It would save a world of pain for them both - she wouldn't have to die not being able to play the violin, and he would die without watching her deteriorate.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Apr 23, 2021 1:13 PM

Feb 2020
I finished this episode 20 minutes ago, a bit saddened but quite okay, but now I'm thinking more and more about it and it's actually hard. The topic of the terminal disease is one I'm very sensitive to, and no matter how emotionally manipulative this show can be at times, when it comes to that subject I feel like it knows what it is doing and wow, this episode's ending has made a way bigger impact on me than I thought it would. I didn't think Kaori's disease would be this hard to witness because I read spoilers and I'm not that attached to her but actually... Yeah, it's hard to see her in such a deteriorating state. Poor thing doesn't deserve that.
May 11, 2021 11:58 PM

Feb 2021
Nagi wanting the attention of her brother, it was nice to see that she also got to understand Kousei just a little. Kaori is ending up just like Arima's mother. Being sick, pale and partially paralyzed. That double suicide though...I hope it's a joke....

Jun 21, 2021 6:33 PM

Apr 2020
So Nagi is Takeshi's sister... lmao
Aug 30, 2021 10:21 AM
May 2021
kickmesign said:
What a bitch just kill yourself, don't drag others into your selfishness.
ayo it's just a quote from a book chill xD
Jan 10, 2022 7:49 AM

Jul 2021
I think Nagi is changing her mind about her plans to try to harm Kousei.
asdasdsadad
Apr 7, 2022 7:34 PM

Jan 2021
Damn so this is the path there taking is Kousei really going to lose Kaori the same why he lost his mother
Jun 23, 2022 9:27 AM

Nov 2018
This boy surely needs help, he is attracted to toxic controlling females with fatal diseases :(
I hate everyone equally
Feb 4, 2023 10:47 AM
Apr 2021
banger ep fr the end was a shock
Apr 19, 2023 10:54 AM

Nov 2018
I feel more and more tormented. I stick to not watching more than one episode daily, but God! How tempted I was to watch another one today. I feel the drama like boiled oil on my skin and I crave relief. I strongly hope I will be okay emotionally by the end of it.
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Jun 4, 2023 9:02 AM

Aug 2014
so it is not only legs? ;/
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 10, 2023 1:37 PM

Oct 2020
This is getting too insane 
I'm not sure if Kaori meant that last line as a morbid joke, but she definitely understands the position she's putting Kousei in 
Aug 27, 2023 4:37 PM
Feb 2023
Welp - the first episode of this show I was iffy on. I don't like the little blonde girl. Her inclusion feels contrived, the way Kousei takes her back to the piano tutor's house feels contrived, her reveal as the younger sister of a rival is decent, but man, I wish it was better written.

We've already got two characters the same age as Kousei that he's both learned from and taught something - I don't think we need another. Even if it leads somewhere interesting, the beginning of this character bond feels contrived and unnecessary. The first time I've not been totally sucked into what was happening on-screen. The focus is being taken off a sickly, dying girl for this? Not a fan.

First half of the ep was fantastic, though. I love how Kaori has faded both literally and figuratively - her hair is a more muted blonde, her attitude far tamer than her usual lust for life. Everything that didn't involve her was stinky though.
Sep 8, 2023 6:24 PM

Mar 2023
it's so clear that Kaori is withering away, her lips are pale and her hair is losing color :(

I really could care less about the blonde pigtail girl, she's just hear to create tension
Sep 24, 2023 12:11 AM
Jul 2021
Yay this is what this show needed! An annoying bratty loli character! Yuppy! Folks we can rest assure that from now on this show will pick up and fly us to the stars! Now sarcasm off, I'm not feeling it for this stupid, annoying loli cvnt.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Nov 19, 2023 6:03 AM
Feb 2021
Its just beautiful. There isnt really much else to be said. The begining might be a bit a hard to get into but the sensational exsperience later on is worth it 100%
Dec 17, 2023 1:46 AM

Nov 2023
Holy shit what is even happening to kaori oh no qwqwqqwqqwqwqwqqw
Jan 17, 8:47 AM
May 2023
It's just masterpiece.
Apr 9, 9:36 PM

Jul 2023
The episode opens with how Kaori collapsed that day.

Arima had to teach Nagi, who is the little sister of one of his competitors.

Back to Kaori, does she actually like him back? It's as if she knows her days are numbered.
Apr 16, 11:18 PM
Jan 2023
We Lie In April🎵
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Yesterday, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Yesterday, 4:46 AM

» Let me share my experience to re-watching it again

GuyWithoutFear - Apr 13

1 by falko92 »»
Apr 20, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1174 by LordArmandtrox »»
Apr 16, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Is this worth watching even if you got spoiled on the ending ? ( 1 2 )

Mister_WD - Apr 23, 2022

70 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 15, 11:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.