Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 4, 2015 5:02 PM

Aug 2009
Geez people, you try publishing an anime of your own if you can write such exceptional reviews for this anime.

I don't think this anime is strong in a lot of categories but I think it at least had good concepts. Definitely not anything below a rating of 6.

Give it a shot if you're bored with generic animes I guess. Nothing much to lose with only 12 episodes. That said, don't raise your expectations too high if you're coming from Steins;Gate or other masterpieces.

8/10
Feb 4, 2015 5:05 PM

Aug 2014
Is that a pink squid girl?
Sieg Zeon!
Feb 4, 2015 5:09 PM

Jan 2012
the Mc is so pussy... He became a bad ass at the last episode lol

8/10 that's a high score for ChäoS;HEAd .. the only funny funny thing about that show is the foot job scene

Feb 4, 2015 5:16 PM

Dec 2013
Because it's terrible.
I don't claim to be able to make an anime that is good, but I know how to judge one from watching many good ones.

You even admit you "don't think it's very strong in a lot of categories" and get you give it an 8/10, which translates to "very good."
You say the strong point is that it had good concepts, but just about anyone could come up with a good concept for an anime if they tried, but if the follow through is terrible then that means nothing.
Feb 9, 2015 2:33 PM

Feb 2013
I personally loved this anime. Main char was annoying sometimes but interesting. Also a lot of mind fuk whitch made the show interesting for me. Don't remember much now but I really liked it!
Feb 9, 2015 2:45 PM

Aug 2013
This was the most painful regular television series I have ever had to suffer through in order to finish.

I gave this show a 2/10, because frankly, there are even worse things out there.
Feb 16, 2015 3:53 PM
Sep 2013
sirhcnil said:
Geez people, you try publishing an anime of your own if you can write such exceptional reviews for this anime.

I don't think this anime is strong in a lot of categories but I think it at least had good concepts. Definitely not anything below a rating of 6.

Calm down; the rest of the world seems to agree seeing as it's rated slightly higher than a 6.0. That said, I also gave it an 8. I'm honestly shocked this show is rated lower than Robotics;Notes, which just felt like a jumbled up mess of shallow characters, poorly executed ideas, and a lack of direction.
Feb 17, 2015 12:59 PM
Sep 2014
sirhcnil said:

Give it a shot if you're bored with generic animes I guess. Nothing much to lose with only 12 episodes. That said, don't raise your expectations too high if you're coming from Steins;Gate or other masterpieces.

8/10

I agree, this anime has quite a few flaws. But, it has interesting and tense story, great MC, i was amazed how he was actually paranoid till last episode ( i expected that he will become badass around episode 5,6), he fought that paranoia and he overcome his weakness through pain and suffering. Well, all "knights" did that. Im sure this show would be much, much better if we could see long version of others past. 12 episodes are just too short for it. But nevertheless i had a lot of fun watching it. Underrated imo.
Apr 1, 2015 2:30 PM

Aug 2009
NaCro said:
sirhcnil said:

8/10

I agree, this anime has quite a few flaws. But, it has interesting and tense story, great MC, i was amazed how he was actually paranoid till last episode ( i expected that he will become badass around episode 5,6), he fought that paranoia and he overcome his weakness through pain and suffering. Well, all "knights" did that. Im sure this show would be much, much better if we could see long version of others past. 12 episodes are just too short for it. But nevertheless i had a lot of fun watching it. Underrated imo.

If you think the terrible anime adaptation is good, then you should read the visual novel. It will blow your mind.
Apr 2, 2015 3:49 PM
Sep 2014
I cant say is this good or bad adaptation since i didnt read VN. But i did liked the show. Maybe one day i read it.
Apr 7, 2015 12:09 PM
Sep 2009
Frankly, the only thing I found exceptional about the show was how bad it was. Might have had some interesting ideas and for all I know the source material might actually be really good, but as for the show itself, it's pretentious garbage. It takes interesting concepts and mushes them together into an unintelligible mess that comes across as obnoxious because of all the overblown philosophical and science babble being thrown around. The characters were largely unlikable and not relatable, and in some cases flat-out insufferable. The art design was bland, the animation was subpar, and the direction was just horrible; I honestly had to question if anyone working on the show actually cared about it because everything was just so poorly handled. My blood boils just thinking about the show; it's an insult to anyone who believes that visual medium can be an outlet for artistic expression.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
May 15, 2015 11:47 PM

Apr 2014
judojon said:
Frankly, the only thing I found exceptional about the show was how bad it was. Might have had some interesting ideas and for all I know the source material might actually be really good, but as for the show itself, it's pretentious garbage. It takes interesting concepts and mushes them together into an unintelligible mess that comes across as obnoxious because of all the overblown philosophical and science babble being thrown around. The characters were largely unlikable and not relatable, and in some cases flat-out insufferable. The art design was bland, the animation was subpar, and the direction was just horrible; I honestly had to question if anyone working on the show actually cared about it because everything was just so poorly handled. My blood boils just thinking about the show; it's an insult to anyone who believes that visual medium can be an outlet for artistic expression.

I don't think it can be put better than this, except that also it almost seems like some random people were thrown in as the villains at the end. Really just another show about characters saying cool sounding but totally nonsensical words in a (supposedly) mysterious way.
Jun 1, 2015 7:40 AM
Jan 2013
As many problems as this show has I kinda am with sirhcnil on this, why all the flaming. I see a ton of ppl go in to threads just to bash shows and slap down others ppl options. Can't you just let the ppl that like it be happy liking it even if its terrible.
ifreatJun 1, 2015 7:43 AM
Sep 20, 2015 10:51 AM

Nov 2013
I really like Chaos;Head and I prefer it over Steins;Gate everytime. The happenings in CH are much more plausible and I like the characters more.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 15, 2016 9:44 AM

Jan 2012
TheBigGuy said:
I really like Chaos;Head and I prefer it over Steins;Gate everytime

Chaos;Head is better than Steins;Gate ok!

Jan 23, 2016 4:08 AM

Dec 2014
I am still conflicted about this anime though
Feb 17, 2016 12:11 PM

Nov 2013
AllenVonStein said:
TheBigGuy said:
I really like Chaos;Head and I prefer it over Steins;Gate everytime

Chaos;Head is better than Steins;Gate ok!

I never said that.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 6, 2018 11:57 PM

Dec 2015
With the new season of Steins;Gate airing soon I finally wanted to start all the anime with the semicolon (;) in their names - in order of their release/airing.

I know they probably aren't related by plot (only by same universe maybe) and I could just watch the higher scored and better stuff.

But I want to watch everything. (Seems Steins;Gate was 2nd one with the ;.)
So only Chaös;Head with 12 painful episodes ... I thought.

Someone I know scored it by 3 points lower than Steins;Gate. And after I skipped through some of the first few episodes Chaös;Head seemed boring. Male main char, school ... and girls that seemed annoying.

Now that I have watched the first 3 episodes comepletely I can say: It seemed interesting - from the start. Feels weird as if the main himself is the culprit having psychological issues. Let's see how this keeps up. Bit confusing every now and then if you don't know what's real and what not. (But hey I managed to read the whole Umineko VN ha ha.)

I guess later or at the end this will get bad here? At least the reviews seem like that.
Apr 7, 2018 12:34 AM

Aug 2008
It wasn't that great, but I did enjoy it. If nothing else it had one of the most relatable main characters I've ever seen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2018 11:41 AM

Oct 2017
Just finished watching it after playing the VN.

It wasn't as bad as some people try to make it to be, but I really disliked:
1) how they heavily toned down all the more mature stuff (especially gory/disturbing one)
2) that they kinda messed up the heavy atmosphere
3) That they kinda hinted too soon at

4) Episode 8 was totat bs.
5)

6)

At least I didn't have to go through the endless stupid thoughts of the MC which is actually unbearable in the novel until you get at least midway.

But yeah, I feel like people love to hate on this series in particular for an unknown reason. It's kinda average, but not worthy of a 2/10.
Sep 23, 2018 1:10 AM
Jul 2017
Main character is garbage. He's useless and annoying. Even the main heroine said it herself. Romance was forced af. It was alright in the first third but it turned for the worst after introducing the dumb sword shit. Voice acting us average at best. When the MC tried to say cool things i cringed so hard cuz of his generic "useless, shit character" voice. Barely no character development or background. Background were briefly explained and thats it. The best you could rate this is a 6. And "try publishing an anime of your own" really isn't a sound argument no matter how you look at it, it's not a valid reason for a shit adaptation. They are professionals at producing anime and they did a shit
Sep 23, 2018 1:12 AM
Jul 2017
Luthandorius said:
With the new season of Steins;Gate airing soon I finally wanted to start all the anime with the semicolon (;) in their names - in order of their release/airing.

I know they probably aren't related by plot (only by same universe maybe) and I could just watch the higher scored and better stuff.

But I want to watch everything. (Seems Steins;Gate was 2nd one with the ;.)
So only Chaös;Head with 12 painful episodes ... I thought.

Someone I know scored it by 3 points lower than Steins;Gate. And after I skipped through some of the first few episodes Chaös;Head seemed boring. Male main char, school ... and girls that seemed annoying.

Now that I have watched the first 3 episodes comepletely I can say: It seemed interesting - from the start. Feels weird as if the main himself is the culprit having psychological issues. Let's see how this keeps up. Bit confusing every now and then if you don't know what's real and what not. (But hey I managed to read the whole Umineko VN ha ha.)

I guess later or at the end this will get bad here? At least the reviews seem like that.

The first 3 were the best part of this show. It goes downhill from there on
Dec 21, 2018 7:44 AM
Feb 2013
NeverKnowsBest26 said:

I haven't actually watched the anime, but I can confirm that the source material is NOT good, for basically all the reasons listed here. There were interesting concepts integrated into the story, no doubt, but almost all of them failed to come together in a meaningful way, and probably half of them were dropped without follow-up as the story progressed. The sci-fi mumbo-jumbo is very bad, because it explains real-world concepts in a wrong way, so by the time the fictional parts of the concepts are applied, it's already a bunch of unfollowable nonsense. Philosophical garbage is only incorporated in a flimsy attempt to give depth to shallow characters (specifically, Ayase and all of the villians -- who basically exist just to be evil). Foreshadowing is also too heavy-handed and clumsy, to the point that no twist should surprise you by the time it actually happens. And while an anime would have all sorts of time and other constraints affecting this, the VN is frustrating because the heroines are basically in and out of the plot from start to finish, and ultimately serve little to no purpose in the narrative as a whole. Listening to Takumi stammer and groan his way through ~40 hours of dialogue is also a strange creative choice.
Dec 22, 2018 10:22 AM
Jan 2018
GrizzlyB said:
NeverKnowsBest26 said:

I haven't actually watched the anime, but I can confirm that the source material is NOT good, for basically all the reasons listed here. There were interesting concepts integrated into the story, no doubt, but almost all of them failed to come together in a meaningful way, and probably half of them were dropped without follow-up as the story progressed. The sci-fi mumbo-jumbo is very bad, because it explains real-world concepts in a wrong way, so by the time the fictional parts of the concepts are applied, it's already a bunch of unfollowable nonsense. Philosophical garbage is only incorporated in a flimsy attempt to give depth to shallow characters (specifically, Ayase and all of the villians -- who basically exist just to be evil). Foreshadowing is also too heavy-handed and clumsy, to the point that no twist should surprise you by the time it actually happens. And while an anime would have all sorts of time and other constraints affecting this, the VN is frustrating because the heroines are basically in and out of the plot from start to finish, and ultimately serve little to no purpose in the narrative as a whole. Listening to Takumi stammer and groan his way through ~40 hours of dialogue is also a strange creative choice.
To be fair most of that is fixed on Chaos;Head Noah, which is the actual true version of the story.

But hey at least all of C;H's flaws are fixed in Chaos;Child (VN)

More topics from this board

» The Chaos;Head Anime is Bad, but don't give up on it!

Volcanic_Phoenix - Yesterday

1 by xXGoreGrinderXx »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 25, 2008

247 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 22, 12:40 PM

» Friendly reminder the anime is an absolute embarrassment and the visual novel is legitimately up there with steins gate

Fischer77 - Mar 22, 2023

19 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Jan 14, 12:34 AM

» I. Hate. The. Main. Character. ( 1 2 )

SY_IS_DEAD_IRL - Oct 22, 2008

66 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 10, 2023 4:08 PM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DeadIEnd - Nov 20, 2008

118 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 10, 2023 4:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.