Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Clannad Episode 18 Discussion

Aug 10, 2015 3:46 PM

Don't like Nagisa at all --'
I prefer so much Kyou or Tomoyo... Active girls...

Aug 15, 2015 1:30 PM

Lol. All the girls this episode are like. "SHIT. WE LOST."

Toged said:
Don't like Nagisa at all --'

Kind of agree. It's not that I don't like her; she's probably more close to a real person than most of the other girls. She's just kind of boring. Or rather, my interest in her has waned because the show spent so long on focusing on other characters. In which case I blame it on the direction, not Nagisa's character.

Aug 20, 2015 2:01 AM

NOOOOOOO T_T
KYOU, DON'T CRY.

Thats what will happen when building many harems. Kyou is adorable when crying T_T
I will ship Tomoya X Kyou <3

Sep 4, 2015 4:59 AM

I either completely forgot or just didn't realize that Tomoyo's arc was only two episodes long and merged with the Fujibayashis' arc. WHY WAS BEST GIRL DELEGATED TO USELESS SIDE HOE???

Dec 18, 2015 11:34 AM

#Friendzoned

Dec 23, 2015 7:44 AM

This episode is perfection. Tomoyo's story moved me far more this time around and really got me thinking about my attitude back when I was around her age at that time too.

Ah the tennis scene. Truly an unforgettable moment. Shedding tears of joy and heartbreak at the same time. I'm happy beyond words when watching Nagisa and Tomoya, but my heart sank when Kyou and Ryou had to face defeat. I do like Tomoyo's response though, two and two click together and she sees that Nagisa is Tomoya's "family" that she mentioned earlier.

Dec 23, 2015 10:58 PM

Kyou and Ryou crying was quite the scene

Apr 30, 2016 4:51 PM
oreomonogatari

(RE-WATCHING) So this was the episode where the Tomoyo / Kyou / Ryou arc ends. I have to say, the merging of 2 arcs was done very well, and I love how all of the characters came to realise that none of them could come close to Nagisa. It was a very happy but sad episode. EDIT: I think Nagisa is getting too much hate. She's very sweet, kind and adorable. I prefer Tomoyo, but Nagisa works very well with Tomoya.
Modified by Oreomonogatari72, Apr 30, 2016 4:56 PM

May 7, 2016 6:29 PM

So I guess we won't be having Ryou x Kyou arc afterall? And what about Misae (she's at least hinted) or Yukine (was she ditched from this adaptations? Tomoyo's episode was nice (even though many things like Tomoya's house visit and ending ship sinking were anime-only material) and I think it actually flow pretty nicely.

Anyone interested in her own story I honestly recommend you reading Tomoyo After as that novel is in some parts even better than whole Clannad. And now I really wonder how they manage to sustain all those rejected characters relevant to the story. Well, I guess Nagisa is getting her theatre episodes now.

May 18, 2016 3:55 AM

That was really sweet of Tomoyo telling the significance of a Family ~.
Kyou and Ryou are both really lovely to be with but Tomoya has his own pick .
Very Great Episode ~ . Anyway, This is Romance after all ~ . Genre Type .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 12, 2016 11:07 PM

I know I commented before, but damn this episode gets me. IT'S THE MOMENT THEY ALL REALIZE.

R.I.P. Tomoyo and Kyou best girls. That's why we got the extra episodes, lol.

Sep 28, 2016 2:48 PM

I kinda knew it was coming, but she chose the bland girl. bloody hell, all the other girls were more interesting. sigh...

Dec 23, 2016 1:10 PM

One word: Harem!!

Mar 22, 2017 2:06 AM

Great episode because of Tomoyo, so he dumped all of them because of Nagisa well I saw that happening.
Avoiding spoilers be like

Apr 12, 2017 2:12 PM

That tennis scene!! Awesome one of my favorite scene of anime! NagisaxOkazaki is so great and without nothing said the situation gets clearer than ever -> kinda reminds me of Toradora, for the big love triangle and the characters who understand things implicitly (I know its not that rare, but I think that its pretty well done in those two anime, because for both anime around those episodes the main couple gets more real and the other have to step back and become only friends, the separation between the couple and their friends is in both nicely done)

Funny that for Kyou/Ryou and Tomoyo 's arc they needed Nagisa to be absent x) she is so much already like his girlfriend that if she is around nothing is possible for the three others; unlike Fuko and Kotomi who liked Okazaki as a friend then Nagisa's presence wasn't an obstacle at all, on the contrary.

Jun 6, 2017 1:16 PM

Fuck, I felt so damn sad.. ugh, I can feel the pain. :-(

Aug 10, 2017 9:09 AM

Seeing the other girls sad hurts me, but Tomoyo definitely loves Nagisa and there is nothing they can do for that, another beautiful conclusion to an arc, only one left!

Mar 21, 2018 8:36 AM
Sorry for Tomoyo,kyou and ryou- your days are over once Nagisa has back!!! And it jas shown very well in this episode!!! How happy Tomoya is when Nagisa back from school. And by the way that tennis scene where he helped Nagisa when she was hit by the ball was the CONFIRMATION, the look in the eys of sisters Kyou and ryou upon seeing that they just cry because they knew they loss already. And same thing to tomoya amidst having that win...

*anyways that lunch scene is great!!! Having a harem life is a winner!!!

Apr 15, 3:51 PM
This episode hurt my heart

May 6, 12:18 PM

I love how this anime unexpectedly takes a 'dark' turn. Kyou's backstory is painful and it broke my heart. Realising that things don't 'click' at home anymore is not easy. It was painful to see that Kyou felt like a bad sister because she had turn wild and could not make her little brother smile. He is adorable though and it was good to see that he did make it... I am sure that Okazaki could relate to her story on a personal level.

Well this episode ended on a somewhat lighter note. Seeing Kyou and Ryou cry like that together was touching though. And I am worried about Nagisa. Can't wait for more!

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]