Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 15, 2008 3:23 AM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
yay Tomoya and Nagisa arc finally starts >___<
Feb 15, 2008 3:34 AM

Jun 2007
So funny when everyone came over to feed Tomoya, even Fuuko showed up with her starfish stuff.
Loved this ep mostly due to Tomoyo's awesomeness
Feb 15, 2008 3:40 AM

Apr 2007
Awesome episode and hurray for finally establishing TomoyaxNagisa...though a bit sad Tomoyo/Ryou/Kyou arc is over

Lunchtime was epic...i'm amazed Tomoya actually lived through that

The Red Truth is the only truth in the world
Feb 15, 2008 3:56 AM

Feb 2008
Kyo and Ryo in broken heart. It's sad to see them crying, but Kyoto animation succsessfully put the "bargain of arcs" story in order.
Feb 15, 2008 4:04 AM
Nov 2007
Hikaru said:
Awesome episode and hurray for finally establishing TomoyaxNagisa...though a bit sad Tomoyo/Ryou/Kyou arc is over

Lunchtime was epic...i'm amazed Tomoya actually lived through that

I have yet to see it!!! What do you mean Tomoya x Nagisa!?!? Are they together?! Offically?!
Feb 15, 2008 4:10 AM

May 2007
no not officially
Tomoya is starting to realize it ...well you'll see ^__^
Feb 15, 2008 7:06 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
This was a fantastic episode. Some were upset to see the Tomoyo and Kyou arcs placed together, but I think it went very smoothly. When it gets too "arcish" I find everything seems broken up.

Another thing I've loved is the slow progression of Nagisa and Tomoya's relationship. I don't know that he knows he has feelings for her yet, but you can watch him develop them throughout the entire series. People kept comparing it to Kanon, but here I think Clannad wins. In Kanon, the romance there seemed sudden to me. Yuuchi treated her like every other girl in the series.

When he stood up from the table and his father was there, well done. And did you see the look on his face as Tomoyo was telling her story? Not happy. And it looks like from the previews that his family situation is likely what will be coming next.

I can safely say there is no show right now that I am as eager to watch as Clannad. I love it so much. And the ending was, of course, phenomenal. Tomoya stopping the tennis dude from touching her, and Ryou and Kyou crying. Just fantastic.

Edit: I want the song from the end!
KinetaFeb 15, 2008 7:14 AM
Feb 15, 2008 7:25 AM
Oct 2007
its a great episode...but i don't like it
because kyou and tomoyo's arcs are over...
and i dont like seeing tomoyo so sad and kyou crying.

anyway...can't wait for next epi
Feb 15, 2008 7:32 AM

Jan 2008
Mmm... it was just okay to me. A bit too over-dramatic for my taste. At least try to make me emotional before you throw a crying scene in my face. =O
Feb 15, 2008 7:36 AM

Sep 2007
nice episode
it's like Tomoya finally realize something :|♥

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/_Haru&sclick=1]
Feb 15, 2008 8:19 AM

Dec 2007
No episode next week because of a women's soccer match, kiddos. Next episode will air in two weeks.

It'll take longer than that for me to get over lack of DELICIOUS KYOU END. ;_;
Feb 15, 2008 9:10 AM
Jan 2008
Was a good episodes but it seemed to me like Tomoyo/Ryou/Kyou arc ended only after 1-2 episodes. I'm actually kinda dissappointed because kyou and tomoyo i feel doesn't really have a proper role and story, They are just 2 female characters that like tomoya. WE get to see a little bit of tomoyo's history and background but it was nothing like the kotomi' arc. shame aswell, becuase i really like the two characters.
D_lightning1Feb 15, 2008 9:17 AM
Feb 15, 2008 9:31 AM

Dec 2007
Yay nice ep. Lots of goodness for Tomoyo and Nagisa fans.

Well, as usual, Nagisa ruins everything =p Because she showed up again, Okazaki glued on to her and now Kyou, Ryou and Tomoyo know they don't have a chance... why does she have to be the main girl? >_<

Tomoyo is sooooo into Okazaki that she's using everything as an excuse to visit him ^^ I liked how he helped her gain popularity and how she trusted him enough to tell him about her past. If Nagisa didn't show up... "Naru hodo. Sou yuu koto ka"... damn I felt bad for Tomoyo right there. *hugs Tomoyo*

Also felt bad for Kyou and Ryou... after all Kyou did for her little sister, the part where Okazaki stops the tennis guy from helping Nagisa broke their hopes =/

Other than that, the sunday lunchtime scene was very funny, and I liked the sports matches. Nice amount of drama and character development. 5/5

Greggo said:
No episode next week because of a women's soccer match, kiddos. Next episode will air in two weeks.

It'll take longer than that for me to get over lack of DELICIOUS KYOU END. ;_;

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!1!!1! T_T

And the grand finale: a Kyou pic

SakinhoFeb 15, 2008 9:37 AM

Kemonomimi Shoujo, a site dedicated to beautiful nekomimis, inumimis, kitsunemimis, usagimimis and more! Check out the club, too!
Feb 15, 2008 9:32 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
D_lightning1 said:
it seemed to me like Tomoyo/Ryou/Kyou arc ended only after 1-2 episodes

Sorry, you weren't the only one who said this, but it was right above this so... ^^

I don't know that their arcs have completely ended though. If you look in the preview, Kyou and Tomoya are talking in the street. I don't think we've heard the last from them. Nothing really seems to need to be resolved with Tomoyo (her family is happy, Tomoya fixed her image, etc.), but I think I'd like to see Kyou confess (although I'm not thinking that's going to happen...)

We'll just have to see how it goes :)
Feb 15, 2008 9:42 AM

Dec 2007
@Sakinho: OH GOD KYOU IS HOT

Thanks, now I have to go cry into my nonexistant Kyou body pillow. xD
Feb 15, 2008 9:53 AM

Aug 2007
Aww. It's pretty clear to everyone now who he's chosen. *slap hand* I'm taking her to the nurse!! GARR!
Feb 15, 2008 9:57 AM

Dec 2007
It's amazing to me that Kyoto Animation can go from sucking and being lame (the lunch scene was SOOOOO painful) to rocking and being awesome (tennis match). I think the sudden attack of the drama was a large part of its effectiveness; it really emphasized how !!!! the scene was for all involved (except for Nagisa :P). And there was actually an unexpected layer of subtlety to the crying; Kyou wasn't crying because she'd lost to Nagisa but because Ryou apologized, and Ryou apologized because she'd known all along, and Kyou suddenly knows that she's wronged Ryou as much as Ryou wronged her and now they've both lost, and man. It was good.

Also, lol what's her face. Kotomi. Why is she still around.
Feb 15, 2008 10:34 AM

Nov 2007
lolikitsune said:
And there was actually an unexpected layer of subtlety to the crying; Kyou wasn't crying because she'd lost to Nagisa but because Ryou apologized, and Ryou apologized because she'd known all along, and Kyou suddenly knows that she's wronged Ryou as much as Ryou wronged her and now they've both lost, and man. It was good.

Also, lol what's her face. Kotomi. Why is she still around.

Yeah, an actual good crying scene for once. Kyou, Ryou, & Tomoyo...;_;

Kotomi needs to leave. D:
Feb 15, 2008 11:06 AM

Oct 2007
I lol'd at Sunohara with the pink boxershort on his head :'D

I liked the episode, not that much as the previous ones though. The lunchtime was okay, Sunohara with the boxershort was hilarious. Tomoya blushing was cute and Tomoya stopping the tennis coach(?) from touching Nagisa was the best in the episode. Fuuko randomly appearing was... fail (for me at least).

I do like how Nagisa and Tomoya's relationship seems to be progressing slowly, without him realizing right now. In Kanon it was too sudden.. just like somebody already said, Yuuichi treated her as every other girl.

The crying scene at the end was too sudden for me, so it didn't really 'touch' me. I did feel sorry for Tomoyo though when Nagisa was there and she 'realized'.

Tomoya blushing:
MellieFeb 15, 2008 11:14 AM
Feb 15, 2008 11:29 AM

Feb 2008
Another great episode!
Tomoya just broke 3 hearts in an instant (not sure if it was actually 3) =P

And I hate that Tomoya made my beloved Kyou cry *angry face*

Also, for once I actually enjoyed seeing Fuko again (I've desliked all her appearances since her arc finished).
Feb 15, 2008 11:36 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Omg , all the girls had fallen for him ~

But finally Tomoya shows his feelings towards Nagisa ~ We are on the final path ~
Feb 15, 2008 11:48 AM

Sep 2007
Totally awesome and emotional episode, so he finally realised and the other girls too...
I feel so sorry for them...

It seems they endet both arcs in two episodes, I hoped for more Kyou...but who knows, maybe there will be more.

Can't wait for the next episode :D

Like every week: In before Fuko-Hate-Flames!
TrineasFeb 15, 2008 12:38 PM

Feb 15, 2008 1:01 PM

Aug 2007
Awesome episode. It's funny how every girl likes him now.XD. I wonder who he will get in the end. I'm rooting for Kyou.
Feb 15, 2008 1:17 PM

Oct 2007
That was a superb episode that felt longer, due to all the developments that occurred. I loved the comedy and how each girl got their respective moments but are Tomoyo's and the twins arc really over? ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2008 1:26 PM

Sep 2007
Another great episode. Poor Kyou. :(
Feb 15, 2008 1:57 PM

Jan 2008
The episode was pretty good. I'm glad they didn't leave us with a cliff hanger leading into a week's break of the series.
Feb 15, 2008 2:00 PM

Jan 2007
I really don't get why people want Kotomi to not be around. It'd be weird if she just disappeared after her arc finished.

Anyways, this was a spectacular episode. The food scene was hilarious. I loved seeing everyone, especially Ryou, trying to get Tomoya to eat. But the highlight was defintely the second half with trying to get Tomoyo more support. The tennis match was really well done in the sense of pretty much putting the knockout on the competition for Tomoya.
Feb 15, 2008 2:07 PM

Aug 2007
Just awesome episode, from one of the most hilarious scenes yet, the food scene yay Fuko!, to Nagisa finally coming back, and most importantly, more development of Tomoya's and Nagisa's relationship.

And yeah, what's with the Kotomi hate now? I can at least understand Fuko hate, reasoning that she's supposed to be in a coma, not that i agree with it, but Kotomi hate doesn't make any sense.
Feb 15, 2008 2:08 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Beautiful episode, the food scene was indeed very funny. I really liked Tomoyo's background story and I'm glad they're making the Nagisa x Tomoya things more obvious. :D

Loved Kyou's outfit when they brought the food and Sunohara was hilarious again!
cyruzFeb 15, 2008 4:43 PM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 15, 2008 2:49 PM
Jan 2008
Nagisa x Tomoya is obvious since the first 5 episode because the story shows and talks the most is Nagisa. -__- dam i wanted Tomoyo x Tomoya. I guess Clannad is not going to have a Childhood friend together ending.(referring to Kotomi x Tomoya) But I can't wait to watch True Tears more than Clannad =P. dono why.
Feb 15, 2008 3:00 PM

Oct 2007
Hey Tomoya , I could of helped you eat all that food. All you had to do is ask me. But no, instead you have heartburn.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2008 3:36 PM

Jan 2008
wow a star shaped Baumkuchen would be hard to make! Fuko is amazing!
Feb 15, 2008 3:43 PM

Dec 2007
It's not that I dislike Kotomi (though she is a bit whiny and annoying) nor that I hate her existing in the show. But rather that her appearances only seem to be for the effect of "hey, there's one more girl over here who's sad that she doesn't get Tomoya."
Feb 15, 2008 3:54 PM

Mar 2007
Yay for some Nagisa/Tomoya action, but I feel so sorry for the other girls. ;___;

Tomoyo is so full of win.
Feb 15, 2008 3:57 PM

Sep 2007
lolikitsune said:
It's not that I dislike Kotomi (though she is a bit whiny and annoying) nor that I hate her existing in the show. But rather that her appearances only seem to be for the effect of "hey, there's one more girl over here who's sad that she doesn't get Tomoya."

Hmm... I don't think that Kotomi is really in love with Tomoya.
For her, he is just her best and first friend she ever had, so she is concerned about him..

Feb 15, 2008 4:37 PM

Oct 2007
That went from funny to sad episode pretty fast.

Feb 15, 2008 4:56 PM

Sep 2007
I really don't like Nagisa at all but the whole thing Tomoya knocking that guy's hand away was awesome. And I felt pretty bad for Kyou/Ryou =(

Sunohara with the pink hearted boxer shorts on his head was just fantastic. I love Sunohara <3

And Tomoyo...now I really want to read Tomoyo After :D
Feb 15, 2008 4:58 PM

Jan 2008
I'm going to absolutely hate having to go without this show for a week ;_;

That being said, this was a good episode, mainly because tomoyo got a good amount of screen time!

Yeah, by now it's pretty obvious that Nagisa and Tomoya are going to get together by the end of this series (well arguably that's been obvious since the beginning..but you get what I'm saying). I was kinda hoping they'd swerve us and put him together with maybe Kotomi, but it's looking less and less likely.

That being said, I want to make it clear that I think that keeping Kotomi around after the story left focus from her was a good decision, but I'm annoyed at how she ends up having less dialog than any of the other girls; even Fuko has at least 3-4 notable lines per episode, and she's in a freaking coma!
Feb 15, 2008 5:03 PM

May 2007
Once Nagisa returned from her absence, Tomoya unconsciously discover how much he longed for her. Even after Kyou's effort of making foods for the suspended Tomoya he still don't show any love interest. They were too slow to approach Tomoya who is a delinquent bum and actually have no desire for love relationship. The sign of defeat was when they broke down in tears. Pitiful, pitiful sight. :<

Winning matches in several kind of psychical competitions is so like Tomoyo. It's also a development to hear some of Tomoyo's background. Next episode looks very promising. Tomoyo's reign as student council begin. The Theater Club finally reestablished. I wonder where how they'll go from there on. My guesses are: Fujibayashi remain as "good friends", Nagisa and Tomoya getting closer to each other, Tomoyo fighting to preserve the sakura trees.

As for the Kotomi hate, Fuko hate, etc. whatever! Bah.
Feb 15, 2008 5:04 PM

Dec 2007
I really wished it would of been either Kyou and Tomoya, or Tomoyo and Tomoya. Sad to see that Tomoya is finally realizing he likes Nagisa... T-T
Feb 15, 2008 5:18 PM

Jan 2008
Wasn't the most interesting episode, but it was still very good.
Feb 15, 2008 5:25 PM
Feb 2008
It was pretty good. I was glad to see Nagisa back. :D
Feb 15, 2008 5:31 PM

Aug 2007
Wow kyoani copped out of that one...guess you call that killing two birds with one stone...

Both Kyou and Tomoyo arcs in total received around 4 episodes, with two dedicated episodes and two random snippets scattered throughout the series.

I guess that I have to applaud the way they avoided the other couplings and solidified the route they planned on using, but my fanboy side says death to kyoani! =P

We don't even get to see a confession or nothing, just your typical male harem lead oblivious to the other girls while he pines over the chosen one. Sure we have some Ryou/Tomoya, but Kyou is the more important sister of the two. The previews somewhat hint to a Kyou confession but the lack of the leg socks? adds more to the mystery of it.

Has to be my least favourite Clannad episode by far. Not against the Nagisa route, but bringing the hammer down at the expense of the other girls makes me sad. Kyou and Tomoyo didn't even get a chance to become love interests to Tomoya, just calmly stepping aside (or breaking into sad tears) once they find the situation utterly hopeless...

Feb 15, 2008 5:42 PM

Feb 2008
OMg , the las minutes it wass great , finaly okasaky think in nagisa!

But with this haren , i hope no end like school days (?)

Feb 15, 2008 6:01 PM

Dec 2007
OH MY LORD

most annoying cliffhanger ever,so at the moment all im getting is Tomoyo likes Tomoya, but Kyou's sister also likes Tomoya BUT Kyou likes him to but would rather see her sister happy... that is until she breaks down in tears at the end when she finally realizes Tomoya has the eyes for Nagisa?

I cant believe i have to wait another week for the next episode T____T
Feb 15, 2008 6:08 PM

Sep 2007
Apart from the usual fantasticness of Clannad (such as the overfeeding of okazaki and Fuko's "help") the ending was absolutely epic, when Okazaki's arm just shot out and the twins realized that Okazaki had already made his choice. Absolutely beautiful!
Feb 15, 2008 6:13 PM

Nov 2007
I think the lunch scene was the first time we had all the charicters in one room. Looks like it's time for the final stetch.

Boo....no Clannad for two weeks. *goes emo*
Feb 15, 2008 7:35 PM

Jan 2008
Great episode once again, but I hate to admit it...Fuko was really annoying and I usually love her. I love how it ended and the preview opens up a lot of new possibilities
Feb 15, 2008 7:37 PM

Nov 2007
1. Kyou > Nagisa
2. Kyou cried
3. Kyou> Nagisa

AHHHHHH I'M GOING NUTS.

KyoAni is a wonderful studio but they need to learn to STEP AWAY FROM BEING SO FAITHFUL TO THE ORIGINAL CONTENT ONCE IN A WHILE ;_;

Seriously, I would've loved to have seen Kanon end with Mai or Nayuki. Just as I would love to see this show end with Kyou or Tomoyo.
Feb 15, 2008 7:46 PM

Oct 2007
Faust721 said:
Anyways, this was a spectacular episode. The food scene was hilarious. I loved seeing everyone, especially Ryou, trying to get Tomoya to eat. But the highlight was defintely the second half with trying to get Tomoyo more support. The tennis match was really well done in the sense of pretty much putting the knockout on the competition for Tomoya.

It really is the best, Tomoya blushing, his feelnigs for Nagisa are all there, etc...
Loving it... Sad to see Kyou like that though at the end :(
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Oct 12, 2007

192 by Creepyy »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Clannad Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Awesmoe - Mar 28, 2008

349 by EM1LL3US »»
Apr 10, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 13, 2008

145 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 6, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KY791 - Mar 6, 2008

214 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 6, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nodoka-koi - Nov 29, 2007

442 by Viipers7810 »»
Apr 5, 2:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.