Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 4, 2015 10:00 AM
Jul 2018
I'm so glad they're animating this, it's my favourite arc so far in the manga. Hak and Jae-ha combined attack was awesome to watch. I had no idea that he was voiced by Suwabe Junichi which is a very nice surprise.

"I don't remember giving birth to such ugly children." <--- best line
Feb 4, 2015 10:32 AM

Sep 2014
Damn

Yona doesn't even care that Hak's screwing around in a brothel

that's BS

Edit:

Rebelhero said:

I like this Green Dragon guy too. and Yona sounds like she doesn't entirely understand the kind of place Hak was in

I'm just going to hope this is why
notsomachoFeb 4, 2015 10:36 AM
Feb 4, 2015 11:31 AM

Jan 2014
I really cannot get used to the new OP... It will be interesting to see the reaction of the green dragon when he sees Yona :3
Feb 4, 2015 2:05 PM

Jan 2013
Ahaha, I like the Green dragon's personality.
This is gonna be fun.
Feb 4, 2015 4:36 PM
Jan 2015
asdlolxd_ said:
That captain Gigan looks exactly like togane's mother from psycho pass :o

He does, he does! I didn't even think of that
Feb 4, 2015 5:35 PM

May 2013
Port city is beautiful!

Strangely shaped head. Poor Kija xD

Annnd there's the Green Dragon. Extraordinarily beautiful (not really, he's got a lot of bad angles). Jeaha, interesting name.

Hak really dug himself haha.

Gigan is so fcking amazing.
Feb 5, 2015 12:48 AM

Oct 2011
I love Jeaha already <3

Poor Shinha but he's gonna help out next week YAY!!!

Ao is so adorable <3
Feb 5, 2015 7:28 AM

Jan 2014
oh man Jae-ha being an narcissist, I love him. A fun character, especially when he's paired up with Hak. There is some serious potential bromance between the two.

Poor Hak, being caught at a place like that by the others, thankfully Yona is very understanding.... or maybe just a tad ignorant.

It will be interesting to see what kind of shenanigans Jaeha will get up to in his attempt to recruit Hak.

Feb 5, 2015 9:39 AM

Mar 2013
Pirates O_O

wow that misunderstanding with Hak and the girls,
lol, the Green Dragon put is eyes on Hak :)
Feb 6, 2015 10:24 AM

Nov 2014
Finally! Someone nearly as awesome as Hak, loving the green dragon so far :D
Feb 6, 2015 10:27 AM

Dec 2014
I love this episode... CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODES :)))

Feb 6, 2015 11:49 AM

Jul 2013
I don't know, i still really liked the white dragon's story best. I love the blue dragon though. This green dragon has potential. I like the back story so far.
Still, it'd be pretty cool if one of the new four dragons was another girl. But hey.
Feb 6, 2015 4:08 PM

Jun 2014
THEY ADAPTED JAE-HA PERFECTLY YES!!!! (And does the captain have the same seryuu as Kasei from psycho-pass? O.o)

This is such a great arc, I can't wait for the next episode *^*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2015 4:41 PM

Nov 2011
Jae-ha is fun. He's pretty charming despite how stuck on himself and womanizing he's portrayed. I like that he isn't simply subservient to his "duty" as the Green Dragon; I was actually wondering if one of the Dragons would be like that. That he found Yona's presence to be ominous was interesting as well. I think it's pretty clear at this point that she's a descendent of the Red Dragon.

Oh, and that the group would look suspicious in town, especially Sinha, was rather amusing. Can you imagine someone with a mask like that walking up to you? xD

The subplot looks more involved than the previous ones given Jae-ha's nature. Yona and co. will probably have to help resolve the town's problems before Mr. Beautiful will agree to join them. I do like spending more time on subplots like this, but I hope the show is leaving itself enough time to do more after all of the Dragons are assembled.

babymimi said:
RAWRfizzz said:

I agree the arcs have been enjoyable, I'm just thinking in terms of how many episodes are left and how much is left to do. I hope they've left enough to do it right, because so far it's been great.

It could be a long-running show since we still don't know how many episodes are left (no way it's gonna end at ep 24), plus Studio Pierrot has done a lot of 51 episodes long shojo anime.

Yes please. ♥

Edit: I compared the ratio of volumes/chapters to episodes, and it looks like they're making three episodes for every volume plus an extra episode for about every other volume. Given the current speed of pacing, I'd guess that the anime will end around volume 7 if it is indeed a two course. However, if Perriot were to instead exhaust the currently published material in the manga (13 volumes), they would be able to create roughly 28 more episodes in addition to what has already aired, netting a total of roughly 45 episodes.

This is assuming the chapters don't come out before the volumes, though. I'm not familiar enough with manga to know.

If they wanted to continue the show beyond a two course, they might be better off waiting awhile or at least taking a one-season break before the second half, to give the manga time to publish enough material for at least two more courses.
TripleSRankFeb 6, 2015 5:43 PM
Feb 6, 2015 6:44 PM

Jan 2013
The Green Dragon sure is powerful. Good episode.
Feb 6, 2015 6:45 PM

Jun 2014
TripleSRank said:
Edit: I compared the ratio of volumes/chapters to episodes, and it looks like they're making three episodes for every volume plus an extra episode for about every other volume. Given the current speed of pacing, I'd guess that the anime will end around volume 7 if it is indeed a two course. However, if Perriot were to instead exhaust the currently published material in the manga (13 volumes), they would be able to create roughly 28 more episodes in addition to what has already aired, netting a total of roughly 45 episodes.

The anime will probably end at the end of volume 8.

Also, the manga is just about starting its 18th volume and by the end of the anime, chapter 104 will have come out.

This is assuming the chapters don't come out before the volumes, though. I'm not familiar enough with manga to know.

They do. Akatsuki no Yona is published in Hana to Yume, which publishes on the 5th and 20th of every month (unless the magazine or Kusanagi are on break).
dream_eater1012Feb 6, 2015 6:52 PM
Feb 7, 2015 5:44 AM
Apr 2014
yea I definitely like the green dragon the most from the three we know by now. The others are awesome, too but he seems like he'd be the most fun to have around. A good VA helps, too(although this is just like a bonus point. The character wouldn't be less awesome with another VA).

It also looked like he'd be the most trouble to convince but after the conversations of him it's pretty sure that he'll get convinced by Yona. Just feel sorry for his captain and the crew. Not an uncommon scenario and always kinda sad :(
Feb 7, 2015 10:50 PM

May 2010
Jaeha seems pretty interesting. A ladykiller, narcisstic, bi and an M, I assume.

Yona is helpless. "Maybe he is going to meet someone." and she is like woaaah. I liked that.

That grandma is quite something. She reminds me of the one from Hanasaku Iroha a bit.
Feb 8, 2015 1:44 AM

Oct 2013
I'm trying to imagine Hak as a pirate...

Good episode but worse than the last few, IMO. Not sure what to think of Jaeha yet considering it's only been one episode, but I think I'll like him.

Also, it needs mentioned how awesome the OP is after all. It doesn't fit the tone of the series at all, but it is seriously great. Second OP and second ED are the best themes of the season.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 8, 2015 6:22 AM

Jun 2014
TripleSRank said:

If they wanted to continue the show beyond a two course, they might be better off waiting awhile or at least taking a one-season break before the second half, to give the manga time to publish enough material for at least two more courses.

Good to know... I like the idea of taking a break between each cour, a la DRRR x2. It depends on when the manga is ending too, otherwise they'll just end it after adapting every available chapters & we'll have a loose end.
Feb 8, 2015 9:13 AM

Jan 2014
It's hard not to like this Green Dragon ^-^
And his voice is so hawt oh yeah ^-^
Aomineee and Archer's VA HELL YEAAAH
Shaba daba doo
Feb 9, 2015 2:55 AM

May 2013
The Green Dragon is such an interesting fellow. Although, it looks like he'll be a tough one to persuade. Let's just see his methods in trying to recruit Hak.
Feb 12, 2015 2:22 AM

Oct 2008
Green Dragon more adept on freedom.

Feb 14, 2015 2:50 PM

Jul 2009
Jae-ha is fun! haha
It was such a funny episode, specially when they find Hak in the hostess's house hahaha
Feb 14, 2015 10:49 PM

Jul 2013
So Jae-ha's a flirtatious individualist who resents the history of the four dragons. Hmm, getting him will be hard. But now that he's warmed up to Hak and has an apparent love of women maybe it won't be so hard to get him onto Yona's side. O: I kind of like him and Hak has friends.
Feb 15, 2015 10:28 AM

Aug 2011
Jae-ha is great addition to the group. They need another upbeat personality to keep the comedic aspect of the story going. I like the female pirate Captain; she quite a character.

Poor Hak, Yona encouraging him to see women, that was a hoot.

It'll be interesting to see how Jae-ha reacts to meeting Yona.

'Til next episode.
Feb 15, 2015 6:01 PM

Apr 2013
Sick episode. I'm so happy that we're back to Yona & Hak's adventures and not that Su-won crap. He just sucks so much.
Mar 9, 2015 2:57 PM

Dec 2012
Jae-ha is easily the most interesting dragon so far, the pirate's life huh? This whole thing of camaraderie he has for Hak is amusing. I'm willing to bet he's going to join just because Yona is a cute girl.

It's intriguing how the pirate boss looks like the Chief from Psycho-Pass and has the same seiyuu to boot.
Mar 18, 2015 7:42 AM

Nov 2011
Interestingly enough the story, as well as maintaining a cheerful atmosphere.
Plot that despite advances remained almost stationary two episodes. Not bad characterization given so far to the various Dragons.
Drawings and animations as good quality.
Apr 21, 2015 3:08 AM
May 2007
currycurry said:
soredemoii said:
Does anyone know name of this instrument?

Erhu.

Edit: whoops, ninja'd.

Erhu confirmed ♥
The same used for ED2 Akiko Shikata tweeted about (1, 2)

May 31, 2015 10:00 PM

Jan 2015
"Aren't there any good young men around ?"... I feel like I already heard that somewhere :p But really, coming from a female pirate captain that must have been the ship's whore when she was young...

And yeah, morals... People selling drugs are bad, but people byuing from them are victims. Dat logic, go figure.

Looking forward to Jaeha realizing his mistake regarding Hak. Will be an epix facepalm :)
Jul 13, 2015 3:53 PM

Oct 2012
Not bad episode. Wish whole series was at least like this. And green dragon seems to be interesting character.
Jul 25, 2015 5:40 AM

Jan 2013
The green dragon seems he's another bishounen-who-has-sympathy-for-MC stereotype..
Oct 11, 2015 6:49 PM

Jul 2013
I like the Green Dragon. He's a really cool guy, he and Hak make a pretty good team.

His power come from his leg, that's interesting. He seems also very strong. Dragon + pirates? That's a new thing but also not bad :D

The captain is an old lady, atm we're on an one piece trip.^^

The story in this stage is very interesting, I'm curious how this will go on!

Feb 2, 2016 12:00 PM

Aug 2014
bi jae-ha pls and thank u. that's it.
Apr 3, 2016 7:18 AM

Jan 2012
the green dragon guy is pain in the ass

Apr 25, 2016 4:48 PM

Feb 2016
Are there any other good anime that is set in Korea? In the pilot people were saying it's chinese or japanese (royal fashion, architecture). But clearly the map/kingdoms, the clothing of the Kai Empire (Qing) etc, the fact that the port city looks a tad bit more 'Chinese' suggested it's a fictional version inspired by three kingdoms Korea with a newer Qing/Kai Empire above.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
May 18, 2016 4:21 AM

Jun 2013
Hak and Jae-Ha can be best friends.
Aug 21, 2016 2:39 PM

Jul 2014
Nice twist on the dragon warrior thing.
Nov 29, 2016 4:34 PM

May 2015
Green dragon is the best dragon so far.:D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 17, 2017 10:38 AM

Apr 2013
jonnyhan said:
RAWRfizzz said:
While I enjoyed the episode, I'm concerned about the pacing of the show overall... apparently we still have no idea exactly how many episodes we're getting, and the slow as molasses pacing at the very beginning means a rushed final third and no character development time for the fourth dragon, it looks like. I'm enjoying the journey a lot, but I don't think they have time to reach the destination cleanly. :(

I think the slow pacing is a bother if we are watching episode by episode. But once the series concludes and years later we binge watch, it would likely feel properly paced. The pacing does not bother me as much and I would actually prefer to see a compelling storyline for the green dragon at least where Yona and her team spend some time with him trying to fight for his cause. The mark of any good series is how interesting its arcs are and so far this series has had only 2 arcs. One with escape of princess from her Kingdom and second, searching the dragons.

I'm binge-watching this and the pacing feels way too slow for 24 episodes.... it's an enjoyable series though :)
May 23, 2017 10:39 AM

May 2015
I like the captain, she is noble and is fighting for a just cause...
Aug 22, 2017 10:33 PM

May 2013
lolol poor Hak. Yona-hime doesn't care if you play around with other women hahaha

btw where did my bby Sinha go? D': I didn't see him after the ocean scene ;A;
Sep 9, 2017 11:03 PM

Jul 2016
dankzel said:
Sick episode. I'm so happy that we're back to Yona & Hak's adventures and not that Su-won crap. He just sucks so much.

I am the opposite. More Su-won stories!
Jan 12, 2018 4:37 PM

Mar 2016
Maybe my favorite episode as of yet! I love this green dragon guy!
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Apr 2, 2018 7:05 AM

Nov 2016
Haha,reaction towards the ocean was best.

And we got to see the Green Dragon,convincing him is apparently going to be really tough.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 30, 2018 2:31 PM

Mar 2016
I must say that I like how they gradually introduce the Green Dragon and not just jump too fast to his flashback/backstory.

Nov 24, 2018 2:03 PM
Aug 2018
I can already see the Jaeha x Hak ship starting. Really good episode.

I wonder how Yona is going to convince Jaeha to join her. In the opining we see Yona shoot an arrow from a ship. That might be next episode.

Sad to see that the show is almost over
Nov 24, 2018 2:03 PM
Aug 2018
I can already see the Jaeha x Hak ship starting. Really good episode.

I wonder how Yona is going to convince Jaeha to join her. In the opining we see Yona shoot an arrow from a ship. That might be next episode.

Sad to see that the show is almost over
Apr 5, 2020 5:23 AM

Feb 2020
Finally, we meet the Green Dragon ! Quite an interesting guy, I wonder how they'll manage to convince him to come. We now have the Dragons' claws, eyes and legs... so I suppose the Yellow Dragon's power will be his hearing. (Maybe it has already been said when Ik-Soo told the story... I can't remember.)
This episode was pretty funny, I laughed when Yeon and Yona found Hak at the house (don't know how to call it in english without sounding like I'm insulting someone).
But Yona actually knows about this kind of place ? What were they teaching her at the palace ?!
Also, I like how each dragon as a very particular personality depending on where they're coming from. This makes me even more intrigued to get Jae-Ah's backstory and see what kind of person the last Dragon is. (From what the opening shows, he seems to be a pretty fun character.)
FafetteApr 5, 2020 5:32 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2015

374 by perseii »»
Apr 8, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2014

138 by Seraschi »»
Apr 6, 1:42 PM

Poll: » should i keep watching????

Tamar5858 - Jul 31, 2022

20 by BiobulletM »»
Apr 3, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 17, 2015

146 by nyaasar »»
Mar 21, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2015

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 9, 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.