Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 15 Discussion

Feb 3, 2015 3:09 PM

Putrescence said:

P.P.S. I also don't think the "(pig)" below "Borg" is supposed to be a translation. None of the "other" german words have a translation below; rather, this might be similar to Urie's monologues in brackets.

You're right, that's a good point. Thank you for noticing this. Well, I still don't know what on earth it is supposed to mean, but maybe this will help me researching if I won't focus on any pig-related translations.
Still, no such word as borg in German, so this remains a mystery too me.

Feb 3, 2015 3:18 PM
Oh, yes, I agree that it is quite possible someone will die, but that particular conversation with Akira was about Sasaki sympathizing with Shimoguchi. Plus, the someone that dies could be from outside the Qs Squad.

"an organization that brings death"? Do you mean the CCG? Because if that is the case, then we don't know yet whether Sasaki joined them voluntarily.

And also, I don't agree about the kindness-ruthlessness thing. The Kaneki of the prequel was always chasing the extremes and that didn't really work out. At this point, I think it is all about him finding balance. He has to accept both his human and ghoul parts, to recognize that both the CCG and Aogiri are not the answer. Basically, he needs to grow up. And, as you pointed out, some tragedy could do him wonders.

Feb 3, 2015 5:23 PM

Next chapter better have everyone there now! T^T I want to see Tsukiyama and Sasaki together Q.Q More like I just want Kaneki back but still able to protect all the ones he wants to :c

Feb 3, 2015 7:06 PM

Putrescence said:
Oh, yes, I agree that it is quite possible someone will die, but that particular conversation with Akira was about Sasaki sympathizing with Shimoguchi. Plus, the someone that dies could be from outside the Qs Squad.

"an organization that brings death"? Do you mean the CCG? Because if that is the case, then we don't know yet whether Sasaki joined them voluntarily.

And also, I don't agree about the kindness-ruthlessness thing. The Kaneki of the prequel was always chasing the extremes and that didn't really work out. At this point, I think it is all about him finding balance. He has to accept both his human and ghoul parts, to recognize that both the CCG and Aogiri are not the answer. Basically, he needs to grow up. And, as you pointed out, some tragedy could do him wonders.

In this case yes, I do mean the CCG, they are trapped in a never ending cycle.
Also he did join "voluntarily" it was explained by Akira in ch 7 or 8. A ghoul attacked him, a doctor transfered the ghouls organs into him...and Sasaki wants to help.

I don't think Kaneki's problem was about bc he was ruthless or not...it was bc he wanted to save everyone by himself, without trusting his friends.
His all searching was about himself, in a costume that he was doing for others.

Also what Akira said, I did not understand how you said it, I think she said it in general, he is too kind, and like she said in CCG one loses a person...a subordinate or a boss, so she was actually referring someone close to him, it wouldnt make sense for someone to die who was not close to him, bc he would not feel it, and I don't think Akira would die, she still has to play her part with Amon.
So that's why I believe he is going to lose one of the quinx.
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Feb 3, 2015 8:04 PM
gabyta07 said:
Putrescence said:
What is with the Urie hate? He is probably the most capable member of the Qs Squad (bar Sasaki). And he is also the one with the most potential (again, except Sasaki). But hey, different strokes for different folks.

I'd be great if Sasaki could, this time, protect all the people he is responsible for. Perhaps he could act a bit like an angry parent who is trying to protect his progeny.

P.S. Gabyta, I think you are wrong on this one. When I put "Borg" through few multilingual dictionaries, the only languages that have a "borg" in them are Danish, Dutch, Faroese, Icelandic, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Old Norse, and Swedish. And it broadly means the same thing in all of them - a castle and/or a credit, but supposedly the latter is dated and not really in use anymore.

P.P.S. I also don't think the "(pig)" below "Borg" is supposed to be a translation. None of the "other" german words have a translation below; rather, this might be similar to Urie's monologues in brackets.

But Akira already foreshadowed that he might lose someone.
Personally I do want him to lose someone, so he wakes up (not in the Kaneki sense), what I am trying to say its like Akira said, he is too kind, and also too naive. He is living in this fantasy world that he has a "family" which he doesn't, this is an organization, he has to be ruthless, he can not go saying I will save everyone, bc its not realistic.
Just take Amon,, another naive character. He lost Mado, he saw Seidou "die" in front of his eyes, and he was captured by aogiri.
This is an organization that brings death. And Sasaki chose to join them, wanting to "help people" but he is not really helping, death continues, if they stop the nutcracker another ghoul is going to come, plus just take Matsuri, he is so obsess killing ghouls that he doesnt give worth to human life...any life.

by the way, this what I found...its not exactly the word but its the closest

блок

its pronounce blok, and it means pig

which it kind of makes sense, taking into account that japanese language doesnt have an L

well, there is a difference between believing in fantasy in which you live, and know that everything that you live is a lie, we know in which of these two Sasaki fits by chapter 8.

and I do not understand how to become ruthless will help Sasaki, he was once so once, and lost everything,

the current chapter showed Sasaki hard training the Qs, that was constructive.
Modified by Acernos, Feb 3, 2015 8:14 PM

Feb 4, 2015 9:07 AM

So basically everyone will be at the auction next chapter. Haise and crew, Kanae, "Floppy (who might be Amon)" and Ayato and crew. Sh*t is about to hit the fan.
I have a feeling Tsukiyama might also be there.

I so want Hinami and Kaneki to meet!
So, who will fight next chapter? I think it will be Urie vs Ayato and Kanae vs Kaneki.

It seems like Ayato became nicer, probably thanks to Hinami's influence.

Feb 4, 2015 10:55 AM

Haise14 said:

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention this. Ayato really does seem alot less vulgar and pissed at everything. Granted, we haven't really seen him that much, but for now Hinami's angelic presence seems to have softened him up.

Hopefully he's one of those reserved badasses now. I'm also thinking Urie will be the one to face him, though Ayato should prove superior.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~

Feb 4, 2015 11:33 AM

Maledict said:
Haise14 said:

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention this. Ayato really does seem alot less vulgar and pissed at everything. Granted, we haven't really seen him that much, but for now Hinami's angelic presence seems to have softened him up.

Hopefully he's one of those reserved badasses now. I'm also thinking Urie will be the one to face him, though Ayato should prove superior.

urie and ayato? hmm! we'll see.

and out of topic but why so few comments? o.O normally there would be at least 8 pages of comments but this time just 3 pages? o.O

if you ask me, the long wait has been ruining everything. pfff imperialscans so slow like tortoise. im gonna get crazy o_o
EustassKiddo !

Feb 4, 2015 11:47 AM

ftsyzc said:
Maledict said:

and out of topic but why so few comments? o.O normally there would be at least 8 pages of comments but this time just 3 pages? o.O

if you ask me, the long wait has been ruining everything. pfff imperialscans so slow like tortoise. im gonna get crazy o_o

That's what I have been saying that even thou TG is popular in japan, it is not popular internationally.
Board for TG are kind of empty...in youtube there is just one person who reviews the manga.
Don't know why forneverworld stopped reviewing it...specially after he called himself a fan.

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Feb 4, 2015 11:56 AM

This Urie brat really pissed me off, it's a success if the author intention is to make reader like me to hate him, ceh.

He really have no redeeming points and has a really Sasuke-like personality which i hated too, damn.

Aside from that, Hinami and Ken Reunion certainly gonna be interesting. Is Suzuya gonna kill Madam or what, can't wait to see.

Feb 4, 2015 11:57 AM

gabyta07 said:
ftsyzc said:

Forevernworld's reviews are always bland and uninsightful anyway, in my opinion at least.

That's what I have been saying that even thou TG is popular in japan, it is not popular internationally.
Board for TG are kind of empty...in youtube there is just one person who reviews the manga.
Don't know why forneverworld stopped reviewing it...specially after he called himself a fan.

Forevernworld's reviews are always bland and uninsightful anyway, in my opinion at least.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 4, 2015 12:01 PM

gabyta07 said:
ftsyzc said:

no, no. tg is quite popular, at least as i see. o_o

about manga reviews... maybe the real reason that tg is seinen. i dont know. though tg is really valuable manga..
EustassKiddo !

Feb 4, 2015 12:58 PM

ftsyzc said:
gabyta07 said:

no, no. tg is quite popular, at least as i see. o_o

about manga reviews... maybe the real reason that tg is seinen. i dont know. though tg is really valuable manga..

mmmm, but most of his readers as far as i have seen are teenagers.

Feb 4, 2015 3:38 PM

WELL this chapter helped with a few things.

1. It helped me finally understand why the priest ghoul in the CCG who gives out information to everyone (guy who raised amon) is still alive. we know that ghouls only stay alive if they have useful information and we know that hes been in there for atleast 3-4 years and he still seems to have information for people that is current and about things that are going on now. like how he hinted at which ghoul will be the one who helps haise recover his memories. I believe its because he has an extremely exceptional hearing like hinami does. capable of hearing everything that happens in the ccg around him and maybe even outside of the cCG to the town since hinami seemed to be able to hear things very far away.

so he uses his hearing to keep up to date.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO idk about you guys but does anyone else find it strange that right after the chapte rof the clown gang talking about how they missed kaneki and how haise should die, hinami just happens to hear tons of people talking about an investigator who used to be a ghoul (for the record i dont like how they say used to be a ghoul like hes no longe ra ghoul when he joined the CCG or just any ghoul in the CCG isnt considered a ghoul? either way its fucked) anyway she just happens to hear all this talk about haise when you would think turning humans into ghouls would be something the CCG wouldnt want to get out to the public if it could be avoided.

this makes me think that pierrott aka clown gang went out and spread this rumor, i mean think about it. if they start spreading the rumor that a ghoul is working for the CCG or if they mention its a half ghoul, you can imagine that a lot of anteiku ghouls and friends from kanekis past would hunt him down to find him to see if kanekis still alive just like how banchou went looking for rize. And when they find Haise at first theyd probably be happy but since haise doesnt remember them theres a really good chance he'll end up fighting them and killing one of his past friends which will be the trigger to bringing back his memories thus killing haise (well we dont know if haise will remain once the memories come back i bet he'll be like how rize was in TG a figment of kanekis memories except instead of persuading him to do ghoulish things itll most likely be kind things.

i mean the clown gang is always doing things from behind the shadows and you can never tell its them thats directly responsible but you know they are the ones who caused it. and just by spreading those rumors they setup a scenario where indirect as it is they could end up causing his memories to return and he'll be back int he state of tragedy they wished for. interesting to see that girl who worked at anteiku after kaneki left with the pierrott especially since she was such a big fan of kaneki in TG well i guess we can see why.

NeutralSide said:
"Floppy?"
Is that Sasaki? You know because he flip flopped to the other side o.o
I hope some Qs members dies in the auction.Particularly Saiko.

you know that when saiko finally fights shell probably be like the strongest amongst the Qs right? (aside from haise) we havent been told what higher compatibility to become a ghoul actually means but ive read stories where things like that result in higher power or being able to pull out the power more easily.

that with the fact that shes teh character whose always sleeping and never wants to do anything except laze around practically garauntees when she finally gets around to fighting her strength will be EXTREMELY forimidable.

IMO saiko is like an ACE but not one thats easy to control. ive read many stories/shounens where the person who never wants to fight or do anything or is always laying around sleeping when the time comes for them to fight they are usually top tier fighters borderline prodigy
Modified by bromains, Feb 4, 2015 3:42 PM

Feb 4, 2015 5:07 PM
I do not believe Donato be able to hear the conversations, RC suppressor practically become ghouls in fragile human, I think as he is much sought after by the CCG for advice through cases, he reads many files and so comes to many conclusions.

Feb 4, 2015 7:00 PM

bromains said:
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO idk about you guys but does anyone else find it strange that right after the chapte rof the clown gang talking about how they missed kaneki and how haise should die, hinami just happens to hear tons of people talking about an investigator who used to be a ghoul (for the record i dont like how they say used to be a ghoul like hes no longe ra ghoul when he joined the CCG or just any ghoul in the CCG isnt considered a ghoul? either way its fucked) anyway she just happens to hear all this talk about haise when you would think turning humans into ghouls would be something the CCG wouldnt want to get out to the public if it could be avoided.

this makes me think that pierrott aka clown gang went out and spread this rumor, i mean think about it. if they start spreading the rumor that a ghoul is working for the CCG or if they mention its a half ghoul, you can imagine that a lot of anteiku ghouls and friends from kanekis past would hunt him down to find him to see if kanekis still alive just like how banchou went looking for rize. And when they find Haise at first theyd probably be happy but since haise doesnt remember them theres a really good chance he'll end up fighting them and killing one of his past friends which will be the trigger to bringing back his memories thus killing haise (well we dont know if haise will remain once the memories come back i bet he'll be like how rize was in TG a figment of kanekis memories except instead of persuading him to do ghoulish things itll most likely be kind things.

Yep, that totally sounds like something that Pierrot would do. I like your train of thought, though i think ''Haise'' won't really die - in fact, i'm willing to bet he'll still be the main character at least until the later parts of the manga. I don't know, i just don't think we'll follow Kaneki exclusively like in the original manga, which would be bad news for some people.

bromains said:
you know that when saiko finally fights shell probably be like the strongest amongst the Qs right? (aside from haise)

Hah, now that will piss Arcanix off. I doubt it, though, after all only Mitsuki has a lower RC count. I think Saiko will have other uses, like being the sensor of the group.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~

Feb 4, 2015 7:26 PM

gabyta07 said:
mmmm, but most of his readers as far as i have seen are teenagers.

you're right. i dont know, as i said before. maybe tg:re is just in the beginning. as the time progresses, the audience will increase. of course, the translation must come in time. DAMN. im searching on the net, but i dont remember tg anymore like "after all, there hasnt been translations yet". thanks to imperialscans!

Maledict said:

Hah, now that will piss Arcanix off. I doubt it, though, after all only Mitsuki has a lower RC count. I think Saiko will have other uses, like being the sensor of the group.

i completely agree. saiko will be like hinami. i mean, she has ears, guys!
EustassKiddo !

Feb 5, 2015 7:44 AM
gabyta07 said:
ftsyzc said:

Forneverworld had been in a car crash and so things will be a bit slow, but if you want manga reviews then you she try Chibi Reviews. I like his stuff.

Feb 5, 2015 8:23 AM

Baka_Panda said:
gabyta07 said:

Forneverworld had been in a car crash and so things will be a bit slow, but if you want manga reviews then you she try Chibi Reviews. I like his stuff.

The car crash was about two weeks ago...and even thou he was in the car crash he has been doing reviews for tg anime, fairy tail, magi, bleach, parasyte and others...so I don't think its cause he was in the car crash.
as for chibi reviews I do watch it...chibi is entertaining bc he gets excited but he is still missing something...and I like to watch forneverworld bc he is more serious about his reviews...
anyhow thats not the topic...the topic is that a manga which supposedly is super popular, only has one reviewer.

Feb 5, 2015 10:22 AM

gabyta07 said:

The car crash was about two weeks ago...and even thou he was in the car crash he has been doing reviews for tg anime, fairy tail, magi, bleach, parasyte and others...so I don't think its cause he was in the car crash.
as for chibi reviews I do watch it...chibi is entertaining bc he gets excited but he is still missing something...and I like to watch forneverworld bc he is more serious about his reviews...
anyhow thats not the topic...the topic is that a manga which supposedly is super popular, only has one reviewer.

There are more than one reviewers for TG and the reason why there are not even more it's because people want to watch the anime before the manga. After the anime is going to end, you will see a lot more people reviewing TG.
Forneverworld is going to prob come back and review the first "dumb action chapter" and say something about the lines of "This is why i love Tokyo ghoul", because he has no clue what the fuck he is talking about half the time and all he cares is the mindless fightin and the ghoul side.
Modified by Arcanix, Feb 5, 2015 10:26 AM

Feb 5, 2015 6:25 PM
then a manga be popular mean having people talking about it on youtube?

the last two RE chapter left translated two days after the raw left, those who think that this is something "late", not see other manga that often late weeks or months to be translated, the last chapter of Akame ga kill was not translated immediately, and when it left had a horrible edition where the original words were not deleted

Feb 5, 2015 11:13 PM

Acernos said:
then a manga be popular mean having people talking about it on youtube?

the last two RE chapter left translated two days after the raw left, those who think that this is something "late", not see other manga that often late weeks or months to be translated, the last chapter of Akame ga kill was not translated immediately, and when it left had a horrible edition where the original words were not deleted

Tg is on Naruto and One Piece level now, is it being translated as fast as those two get translated? At the very least it doesn't seem the translations are as consistent. When I started reading Naruto chapters online they came out on friday and they only moved earlier - until this anti piracy thingy at least. What I mean is Naruto didn't come out wednesday one week then friday another week then thursday and be completely random like TG seems to be. I expected Naruto on wednesday and it was on wednesday every single week for years.

Edit: After looking into it more it seems TG is on Naruto and OP level in Japan but may not be in other parts of the world which might explain it.
Modified by n0thinglasts, Feb 5, 2015 11:18 PM

Feb 6, 2015 12:44 AM
bromains said:
WELL this chapter helped with a few things.

1. It helped me finally understand why the priest ghoul in the CCG who gives out information to everyone (guy who raised amon) is still alive. we know that ghouls only stay alive if they have useful information and we know that hes been in there for atleast 3-4 years and he still seems to have information for people that is current and about things that are going on now. like how he hinted at which ghoul will be the one who helps haise recover his memories. I believe its because he has an extremely exceptional hearing like hinami does. capable of hearing everything that happens in the ccg around him and maybe even outside of the cCG to the town since hinami seemed to be able to hear things very far away.

so he uses his hearing to keep up to date.

Well, we all know about Hinami's excellent sensory ability but if you refer to the scene in this chapter, I dont think she was hearing things from far away. There were soundspeakers and stuffs around her so she was analyzing multiple audio simultaneously from recorders or something. It probably was the USB content she got from Torso in ch.4.

the theory about the Priest sounds plausible but wouldnt his sensory will be weakened since he was under RC depressant in Cochlea?

bromains said:

i mean the clown gang is always doing things from behind the shadows and you can never tell its them thats directly responsible but you know they are the ones who caused it. and just by spreading those rumors they setup a scenario where indirect as it is they could end up causing his memories to return and he'll be back int he state of tragedy they wished for. interesting to see that girl who worked at anteiku after kaneki left with the pierrott especially since she was such a big fan of kaneki in TG well i guess we can see why.

I dont know who started the 'Haise' rumor first but I bet it was from the CCG folks itself(if the stuffs Hinami heard in this chapter were from chapter 4) It had been 3 years since Haise being under CCG and some of investigators might have seen Haise fight before. Shimoguchi mentioned about Haise being a ghoul back in ch.1 and also Akira, when she warned the Qs not to become like Haise, so the fact that Haise is a half-ghoul investigator pretty much an open secret among the CCG. Plus, the Clowns also seemed to hear it from the rumor but yeah, I think they were spreading it now in the ghoul world.

bromains said:

NeutralSide said:
"Floppy?"
Is that Sasaki? You know because he flip flopped to the other side o.o
I hope some Qs members dies in the auction.Particularly Saiko.

you know that when saiko finally fights shell probably be like the strongest amongst the Qs right? (aside from haise) we havent been told what higher compatibility to become a ghoul actually means but ive read stories where things like that result in higher power or being able to pull out the power more easily.

that with the fact that shes teh character whose always sleeping and never wants to do anything except laze around practically garauntees when she finally gets around to fighting her strength will be EXTREMELY forimidable.

IMO saiko is like an ACE but not one thats easy to control. ive read many stories/shounens where the person who never wants to fight or do anything or is always laying around sleeping when the time comes for them to fight they are usually top tier fighters borderline prodigy

I would not say she will be the strongest but she might be one who has the best control of her kagune since she is the most compatible for the Q surgery. so handling the kagune might be natural for her, she just needs to get out of her bed and trains to polish her 'talent'. It's not use if you have the ability but dont know how to use it. But among the Qs, I think Urie will be still the strongest and the most capable in combat (well he's pretty smart too).

idk if any of the Q will die by the end of the series, I think it will be Shirazu. His development is quite stagnant and direct, compared to the other 3, and once his background revealed, I think his story is done for(well, if Ishida decides to kill any of them) Plus his death will have the most impact to Qs squad since he's the one who has pretty good mutual relationship with all members. lol dont get me worng tho, Shirazu is my fav among Qs.

Feb 6, 2015 12:56 AM
So many new questions from this chapter:
How strong is Urie now?
wheres Amon and is he "floppy" or someone else? I can't wait to find out!
It's getting very interesting.

Feb 6, 2015 4:07 AM
Hype

Feb 6, 2015 2:39 PM

I actually want Urie to not mess up, in fact I want him to hold his own. I'm pretty sure he would get demolished by Ayato or Naki(?) or he fights several weaker ghoul like underlings, but IDK maybe I want a surprise or something.

So much shit will be getting real these next few chapters though and what ever or who ever floppy is, seems like Eto failed taking care of it.
Good chapter though.

Feb 6, 2015 8:15 PM

ftsyzc said:
and guys, c'mooon ... there will be no DEATHS. dont fly pls.

Don't die Nico :'(

Feb 6, 2015 11:18 PM

Sasaki sensei is the best sensei in the world.

Feb 7, 2015 10:00 AM
gabyta07 said:
Baka_Panda said:

I know its off topic but to be honest I don't know why Forneverworld is so popular... pretty much in all his TG reviews he's like : OMG enough with the CCG stuff, I just wanna see some Ghouls!! blah blah... And again, given his condition, he can't really make as much videos as he can. He tends to review series that will give him a lot of views, such as Fairy Tail and Naruto, where he was pretty much reviewing filler cause it got a lot of views. The Tokyo Ghoul re manga chapter reviews didn't garner as much views as some other series, simply because the anime is more popular than the manga. The Tokyo Ghoul Root A anime reviews do get a lot of views.

This is just my personal preference, but Chibi Reviews (I think his Tokyo Ghoul reviews are the best out of the other series he does) really analyzes not just the "cool stuff" in the chapter, but also the literary elements such as foreshadowing and symbolism. Also he gives credit to theories that he didn't come up with.

Feb 7, 2015 10:48 AM

bigbuttlol said:
gabyta07 said:

I know its off topic but to be honest I don't know why Forneverworld is so popular... pretty much in all his TG reviews he's like : OMG enough with the CCG stuff, I just wanna see some Ghouls!! blah blah... And again, given his condition, he can't really make as much videos as he can. He tends to review series that will give him a lot of views, such as Fairy Tail and Naruto, where he was pretty much reviewing filler cause it got a lot of views. The Tokyo Ghoul re manga chapter reviews didn't garner as much views as some other series, simply because the anime is more popular than the manga. The Tokyo Ghoul Root A anime reviews do get a lot of views.

This is just my personal preference, but Chibi Reviews (I think his Tokyo Ghoul reviews are the best out of the other series he does) really analyzes not just the "cool stuff" in the chapter, but also the literary elements such as foreshadowing and symbolism. Also he gives credit to theories that he didn't come up with.

That's funny, that's the only thing that bothers me from Chibi, that he never notices the symbolism or foresahdowing. I have never seen him talk about the tarot numbers or about the psychology like Rize's being Kaneki's mother and Yamori' being his father, which are confirmed by the author himself.
I do like him, I find him cute (I mean I am a decade older than him probably) he gets so excited like a kid, and he does seem very interested in the anime, I just think that since he is interested in a lot of animes, that is the reason he doesnt see the foreshadowing and symbolism in TG, since he can't really focus his all-attention to it, since he is reviewing many other animes and mangas.

Feb 7, 2015 3:21 PM
bigbuttlol said:
gabyta07 said:

You should check out Sawyer7mage's reviews. Despite not being a mangareader he does pretty good reviews for Tokyo ghoul.

Feb 7, 2015 3:36 PM

gabyta07 said:
bigbuttlol said:

That's funny, that's the only thing that bothers me from Chibi, that he never notices the symbolism or foresahdowing. I have never seen him talk about the tarot numbers or about the psychology like Rize's being Kaneki's mother and Yamori' being his father, which are confirmed by the author himself.
I do like him, I find him cute (I mean I am a decade older than him probably) he gets so excited like a kid, and he does seem very interested in the anime, I just think that since he is interested in a lot of animes, that is the reason he doesnt see the foreshadowing and symbolism in TG, since he can't really focus his all-attention to it, since he is reviewing many other animes and mangas.

He still notices and talks a lot more about the actual plot than Forneverworld does. But yeah, I suppose that if you review so many anime and manga you can't devote as much attention to it as some other readers.

Z4k said:
You should check out Sawyer7mage's reviews. Despite not being a mangareader he does pretty good reviews for Tokyo ghoul.

This. I've been watching his reviews since Attack on Titan.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 7, 2015 3:38 PM

Z4k said:
bigbuttlol said:

I terribly dislike him, I don't like how he diminishes the opinion of his audience and even mocks it, he doesnt have any respect for them, and he believes he knows everthing.
Modified by gabyta07, Feb 7, 2015 3:43 PM

Feb 7, 2015 3:45 PM
gabyta07 said:
Z4k said:

I terribly dislike him, I don't like how he diminishes the opinion of his audience and even mocks it, he doesnt have any respect for them, and he believes he knows everthing, he is too righteous for my taste.

As long as he isn't biased like foneverworld who stopped reviewing the chapters because of the CCG perspective, its alright. Also unlike forneverworld, sawyer actually cares the development from the CCG perspective and analyzes them properly.
Modified by Alter96, Feb 7, 2015 3:48 PM

Feb 7, 2015 3:49 PM

Z4k said:
gabyta07 said:

I terribly dislike him, I don't like how he diminishes the opinion of his audience and even mocks it, he doesnt have any respect for them, and he believes he knows everthing, he is too righteous for my taste.

As long as he isn't biased like foneverworld who stopped reviewing the chapters because of the CCG perspective, its alright.

Oh, I didn't know forneverworld stopped reviewing because of that :/ that's a shame.
Well if you don't have a problem with ppl who do not respect you, mock you and doesnt care about anybody else opinion's but his, then yeah, he is alright

Feb 7, 2015 3:53 PM
gabyta07 said:
Z4k said:

As long as he isn't biased like foneverworld who stopped reviewing the chapters because of the CCG perspective, its alright.

Oh, I didn't know forneverworld stopped reviewing because of that :/ that's a shame.
Well if you don't have a problem with ppl who do not respect you, mock you and doesnt care about anybody else opinion's but his, then yeah, he is alright

Its not like he mocks them on purpose. He already gets bashed because of his opinions from a lot of people in tumblr and most of those people are Narusaku fans. Also I don't have any problems with him because our views are usually the same lol.

Feb 7, 2015 4:17 PM

Z4k said:
gabyta07 said:

Its not like he mocks them on purpose. He already gets bashed because of his opinions from a lot of people in tumblr and most of those people are Narusaku fans. Also I don't have any problems with him because our views are usually the same lol.

If you don't have a problem with him that's fine, when I used to watch him (2 years ago), I did find his reviews were nicely done. Its a shame he is a terrible human being. Bc he doesnt mock by defending himself, I saw countless times him mocking other ppl in a very mean way, ppl who were just stating their opinions on the anime.
For example if I say "I think "Kaneki is really the one-eyed king" and state my reasons...he would say "that's the most stupid thing I have ever heard, you make me laugh"
I do not think that is the way a reviewer should behave with ppl who is watching him.
That is why I like Chibi and forneverworld, they are not ever offensive on purpose, or even mocking to its audience, or think themselves as the king of the world.
The fact is that Sawyer is too arrogant, and think he is better than others. Maybe is bc he is a pocho, or for whatever other reason.
But hey, as I said if you don't mind that he comes and mocks you one day for voicing your opinions, thats ok, as I said a terrible human being but a nice reviewers, personally no matter how good reviewers you are, if you are not a nice human being I prefer not hearing you, but that my very personal take.

Feb 7, 2015 4:41 PM
Z4k said:
gabyta07 said:

As long as he isn't biased like foneverworld who stopped reviewing the chapters because of the CCG perspective, its alright. Also unlike forneverworld, sawyer actually cares the development from the CCG perspective and analyzes them properly.

This is one of the problems I have with Forneverworld. The fact that he says this is what Tokyo Ghoul is when action occurrs says a lot. I mean Tokyo Ghoul isn't about the action/fights it's about the build up, character interactions, symbolism, and foreshadowing. It's what makes the series enjoyable and without that it would just turn into a mindless action series. Also the CCG perspective is highly important and adds a lot to the narrative but some people just see it as boring shit which can be a bit annoying.

Feb 8, 2015 6:02 AM
I love Sawyer!! I don't really remember Sawyer mocking his audience's beliefs. I mean once in a while like for Fairy Tail (that was a long time ago) and those tumblr "feminists".... If you could give specific instances where he does so, that'd be great. A lot of things he says aren't meant to take seriously (like when he says Sasuke, best character of the show for example) he has a very sarcastic type of humor. It's totally fine if you don't like him though. I mean he does seem to interact nicely with his audience, like featuring funny comments, Swagbito, saying thanks, agreeing with some comments he saw etc. To me, Sawyer Is also a really wise person, especially in his more serious advice videos. After all, he is trying to become a counselor, had straight As in college and grad school.

I don't hate Forneverworld, but I disagree with a lot of what he says (you can disagree with someone but still be friendly with them). For instance, I think it was his TG manga experience review that he was like (im roughly paraphrasing here) Fuck Hide, he seems really irrelevant.
Everyone has his or her own opinion, but to me, Hide is a really important character for Kaneki and has a lot of mystery surrounding him.

Edit: while I agree to an extend with Fornever that the ghoul side is more interesting (most of the time), I still do think the CCG development is really important. I do wish Ishida would give a bit more insight with some of the investagators, aside from the investigators saying "parents killed by ghouls". Wish he'd show an in-depth flashback or something, especially with Akira and the Quinx squad.

And if you compare Sawyer's and Forneverworld's Toph vs Gaara reviews you can tell Fornever's arguments are fueled on his bias for Naruto,where as Sawyer does state his bias, but he reviews it more analytically.
Modified by RemixX, Feb 8, 2015 6:33 AM

Feb 8, 2015 6:13 AM

watching reviews on youtube... meh
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro

Feb 8, 2015 6:32 AM

RemixX said:
I love Sawyer!! I don't really remember Sawyer mocking his audience's beliefs. I mean once in a while like for Fairy Tail (that was a long time ago) and those tumblr "feminists".... If you could give specific instances where he does so, that'd be great. A lot of things he says aren't meant to take seriously (like when he says Sasuke, best character of the show for example) he has a very sarcastic type of humor. It's totally fine if you don't like him though. I mean he does seem to interact nicely with his audience, like featuring funny comments, Swagbito, saying thanks, agreeing with some comments he saw etc.

I don't hate Forneverworld, but I disagree with a lot of what he says (you can disagree with someone but still be friendly with them). For instance, I think it was his TG manga experience review that he was like (im roughly paraphrasing here) Fuck Hide, he seems really irrelevant.
Everyone has his or her own opinion, but to me, Hide is a really important character for Kaneki and has a lot of mystery surrounding him.

I remember when he cristicized that he knew in RL bc they didn't like the same anime, I think it was for Fairy tail

Then he criticized a classmate of his for having a debate (which I found it of bad taste, obviously he was looking for confirmation that he was right, no fandom of his, specially not having all the info was going to tell him was wrong)

Then a guy responded to a commentary he said with a video, his english was not the best and he made fun of it.

Then, I commented to him that Naruto had the topic of history repeating itself, (this was even before the Madara and Hashirama chapter story) and he said in his video that was the most stupid thing he had heard, and that where the hell I had read that, when its funny bc not only did Naruto did follow what I said but its also a well known quote, that has been repeated stretched or reason with.

Anyway, I won't keep listening to a guy who mocks ppl he knows in RL bc he had a disagreement with them, I won't also stay with a guy who offends me bc it doesnt agree with his points of view.
It's ok to defend yourself agressively if you want if they are making fun of you, but putting your laundry for everyone to see so they can't tell you yours cleaner than the other one, I find it distasteful.
Plus mocking you audience.
Yeah if you don't respect me I can't respect you.
But maybe he has matured, after all this happen 2 years ago.

Look its not dark humor, I understand dark humor bc I am the same nationality he is or his parents are.
While he did have dark humor in some instances, in those 4 times he was being arrogant and mocking.

Feb 8, 2015 6:44 AM
gabyta07 said:
RemixX said:
I love Sawyer!! I don't really remember Sawyer mocking his audience's beliefs. I mean once in a while like for Fairy Tail (that was a long time ago) and those tumblr "feminists".... If you could give specific instances where he does so, that'd be great. A lot of things he says aren't meant to take seriously (like when he says Sasuke, best character of the show for example) he has a very sarcastic type of humor. It's totally fine if you don't like him though. I mean he does seem to interact nicely with his audience, like featuring funny comments, Swagbito, saying thanks, agreeing with some comments he saw etc.

I remember when he cristicized that he knew in RL bc they didn't like the same anime, I think it was for Fairy tail

Then he criticized a classmate of his for having a debate (which I found it of bad taste, obviously he was looking for confirmation that he was right, no fandom of his, specially not having all the info was going to tell him was wrong)

Then a guy responded to a commentary he said with a video, his english was not the best and he made fun of it.

Then, I commented to him that Naruto had the topic of history repeating itself, (this was even before the Madara and Hashirama chapter story) and he said in his video that was the most stupid thing he had heard, and that where the hell I had read that, when its funny bc not only did Naruto did follow what I said but its also a well known quote, that has been repeated stretched or reason with.

Anyway, I won't keep listening to a guy who mocks ppl he knows in RL bc he had a disagreement with them, I won't also stay with a guy who offends me bc it doesnt agree with his points of view.
It's ok to defend yourself agressively if you want if they are making fun of you, but putting your laundry for everyone to see so they can't tell you yours cleaner than the other one, I find it distasteful.

Look its not dark humor, I understand dark humor bc I am the same nationality he is or his parents are.
While he did have dark humor in some instances, in those 4 times he was being arrogant and mocking.

Are you talking about his "How I learned about Fairy Tail" video? Cause if so, he wasn't crticizing him for liking Fairy Tail, it was because of his personality. Again, we could be talking about completely different videos, so..

I recall Sawyer stating a lot of times "history repeats itself" in his reviews.... If you could post the exact video ( if you remember it) where he did that to you, I'd be great.

I'm not trying to be aggressive with you or anything, I acknowledge Sawyer has flaws. I don't really remember some of the things you said he did , so I'd be great if you could provide links, if you remember them.

Feb 8, 2015 6:49 AM

RemixX said:
gabyta07 said:

Are you talking about his "How I learned about Fairy Tail" video? Cause if so, he wasn't crticizing him for liking Fairy Tail, it was because of his personality. Again, we could be talking about completely different videos, so..

I recall Sawyer stating a lot of times "history repeats itself" in his reviews.... If you could post the exact video ( if you remember it) where he did that to you, I'd be great.

I'm not trying to be aggressive with you or anything, I acknowledge Sawyer has flaws. I don't really remember some of the things you said he did , so I'd be great if you could provide links.

Wow, as I said it was a long time ago, it could be that video that you are saying or it could be another one, the thing is criticizing someone that you know being his personality, his taste in anime and manga or his way to communicate and all that in your channel, I don't think that is cool, you are making use of your popularity so ppl tell you, you are right.
Put yourself on the shoes of that guy, how would you feel?

LOL he did??? That's so funny, you insult someone and then say the same thing lol, and yeah I don't know what video it was since I told you it was a long time ago, plus I unsubscribed to his channel immediately when it happen.

Feb 8, 2015 6:53 AM
gabyta07 said:
RemixX said:

I'm not trying to be aggressive with you or anything, I acknowledge Sawyer has flaws. I don't really remember some of the things you said he did , so I'd be great if you could provide links.

Wow, as I said it was a long time ago, it could be that video that you are saying or it could be another one, the thing is criticizing someone that you know being his personality, his taste in anime and manga or his way to communicate and all that in your channel, I don't think that is cool, you are making use of your popularity so ppl tell you, you are right.
Put yourself on the shoes of that guy, how would you feel?

LOL he did??? That's so funny, you insult someone and then say the same thing lol, and yeah I don't know what video it was since I told you it was a long time ago, plus I unsubscribed to his channel immediately when it happen.

Okay, I didnt expect you to remember them, cause he has a lot of videos and stuff. I don't really remmeber them either. Sorry to have bothered you. Now we can talk about Tokyo ghoul...

Feb 8, 2015 8:27 AM

My vote goes to Tekking101 for TG reviews. At the moment he only does Bleach, and he probably won't start doing another review series until it ends because he puts a TON of effort in to his Bleach reviews. Check him out if you read Bleach, because he is the sole reason I'm still doing so

Feb 8, 2015 8:32 AM
MikeHunt said:
My vote goes to Tekking101 for TG reviews. At the moment he only does Bleach, and he probably won't start doing another review series until it ends because he puts a TON of effort in to his Bleach reviews. Check him out if you read Bleach, because he is the sole reason I'm still doing so

Tekking said he'll probably review Toriko once bleach ends

Feb 8, 2015 9:22 AM

I checked Tekking, he is good. We need someone like that, who can really focus on TG

Feb 8, 2015 10:22 AM

ninjastarforcex said:
watching reviews on youtube... meh

Agreed.

RemixX said:
MikeHunt said:

Bleach ends? Is this even possible?

Feb 8, 2015 12:02 PM

Earame said:

RemixX said:

Bleach ends? Is this even possible?

aizen = ishida sui
bleach is never ending
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro

Feb 8, 2015 7:37 PM

TK :re might end before Bleach does.
Go read Bleach if you want a similar manga since tk was inspired by Bleach.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »