Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2015 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty intense episode. I just love the intimidation that Shunsuke shows towards Hakone's Juichi. And somehow, I think it's working.

Same goes for Makishima. Really fun seeing how they are taking the fight against Hakone in full force this episode. It was definitely interesting to see a bit of Shunsuke's past this episode too imo.
Feb 2, 2015 11:14 AM

May 2013
Imaizumi is now taking it upon himself to win this whole thing and he is doing it while pressuring Fukutomi. Better look out for Midousuji though. He might make a move.
Feb 2, 2015 11:20 AM

Nov 2007
Imaizumi was really cool!
And i loved how Makishima was excited about him doing that stunt:')

Ishigaki RIP you have done well ;; (in both the race and bath,lmao)
Feb 2, 2015 11:30 AM

Dec 2012
Imaizumi was really determined to get stronger. Now that Midousuji is back, I'm sure something will change specially with Imaizumi. Though Imaizumi might overcome his past with him in this race.
Feb 2, 2015 11:30 AM

Feb 2008
We can predict that Midousuji is coming lol

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 2, 2015 11:51 AM

Feb 2014
Full speed ahead Sohoku!

Oh.
Midousuji.

The post credits.
Poor Ishigaki, not noticing that Midousuji already left.

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Feb 2, 2015 11:55 AM
Mar 2014
YEEEEEEEESSSSSSS finally it's Mido time.
Feb 2, 2015 12:11 PM

Aug 2010
Dat Midousuji XD I miss this bastard lol

Man Fuku was mindf***ed by Imaizumi this ep XD "Who the hell is this person?!" lol

Imaizumi's flashback about loving the front because it's quiet was nice ^^ Why u ignore loli Miki like that D:

I really wonder how long he can keep this up though? I doubt he can reach the end.

Where did Onoda and Manami disappear to though? Left behind that far?
Feb 2, 2015 12:33 PM
Jul 2014
Imaizumi's childhood , his eyes tho :P
That unexpected twist where he gets to the front
Let's see how long it'll last.
Feb 2, 2015 12:41 PM

Feb 2012
"If nothing changes this situation, I can win"
Midousuji appears...
Feb 2, 2015 1:02 PM

Oct 2012
Good episode, an intense one as well :).
That Imaizumi going full speed against Hakogane, looks promising. And the flashback was an interesting one, they gave him a bicycle and he went out for two hours, nice first try at a road racer (even if it was a small one lol).
And Midousuji appears again, let's see what happens next, all by himself.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Feb 2, 2015 1:05 PM
Oct 2014
Everythings was going so good and i was like "oh i know yowapeda something will come and destroy everything" AND THEN MIDOUSUJI APPEARS...well, i'm pretty excited for the next ep :D
Feb 2, 2015 1:06 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Imaizumi suddenly became so badass this episode; being on par with Fukutomi as Souhoku's ace and now taking the lead too! But I wonder till how long he falls..

Nice seeing Imaizumi's flashback as a kid and how he came to like the front place. But why must you ignore loli Miki? >.<

Midousuji's little song was hilarious! Great to see him return once again! I missed this guy. XD

Good episode. Ishigaki's endurance in the omake segment was pretty funny too!

Feb 2, 2015 1:35 PM

Apr 2014
Imaizumi stronk. Add in a surprising bb first year and their perfect little 3 x 3 group goes rogue. Unexpected and utterly fantastic. A+ episode.
Feb 2, 2015 1:47 PM

Jul 2010
Imazumi's arc......wake me up when they get to the finish line.
yeo
Feb 2, 2015 2:12 PM

Oct 2014
It was nice to see Imaizumi stand up to Fukutomi like that. It really does seem like he would win if everything remained the same, but...that's as far as things are going to go for him. He shouldn't have said anything. Midousuji is about to make a surprise appearance like he did in the first stage of the race.

Things are certainly getting more and more interesting. It's anyone's call at this point (well, that's not technically true, but let's go with that for now).
Feb 2, 2015 5:03 PM

Jan 2011
After launching into the air in the end card last episode, in this episode Onoda landed right into Miki's cleavage.
Feb 2, 2015 5:06 PM

Aug 2012
I really didn't expect Imaizumi to pull THAT far head, I figured he'd just mega pull Makishima for a while like Naruko did for them. Gotta wonder if he really intends on riding alone to the finish, or if he knows he's gonna bonk out before the last 5km and is banking on forcing Fukutomi to reach his limit trying to catch him. I kinda hope it ultimately is a bluff like that, cause Fuku truly believes he's trying to break away and doesn't know how much he truly has left in the tank. Still though, I wouldn't expect Fukutomi to drop out with that, and that's what has to happen unless Imaizumi really does have the tank to keep it up to the finish.

I wonder if Onoda and Manami will try to keep Midousuji at bay, which might propel them up next to Makishima/Toudou. I dunno, it makes the most sense for the two climbers to fight for the finish despite Makishima's explanation for the Imaizumi ace being necessary, especially because we know Makishima has the freshest legs and has pulled the least. But, since we already saw him and Toudou battle it out in day 1, it might feel boring for the whole Interhigh to come down to that matchup.
Feb 2, 2015 5:16 PM
Nov 2014
I was really expecting Imaizumi to pull the team and be the next one to drop out, but this is even more interesting.

I still believe Imaizumi will be the next one to drop out, and even more with Midousuji appearing at the spot where Naruko fell, which means he's not that far from them.
Feb 2, 2015 5:26 PM

Jul 2010
Imaizumi was really awesome in this episode! Completely putting Fukutomi on the defensive as Imaizumi goes all out! With 15 kilometers of hard climbing yet he is going like the finish line is within a kilometer!

How Makishimi put it on Imaizumi breaking the temp of the entire match. It was interesting to see a new side of Fukutomi and Imaizumi.

Young Imaizumi learning the joys of biking (being quite the natural too) and knowing the Kanzaki siblings too!

Imaizumi is doing too well for a first-year, imagining Onoda, Naruko and Imaizumi being third-year is just so much win! The most badass three! Imaizumi showing the unexpected is quite enjoyable though I don't expect him to win yet.

Midousuji makes his entry! All within Midousuji's plans
Feb 2, 2015 7:04 PM

May 2013
No one noticed this?
Feb 2, 2015 9:11 PM

Jan 2013
It's Imaizumi chance to shine. Great episode, and good animation this one.
When will Onoda get a chance in the spotlight, not much on the third day so far for him.
Feb 2, 2015 10:31 PM

Nov 2014
Salce said:
"If nothing changes this situation, I can win"
Midousuji appears...

Which means "if something changed this situation, I can't win." That's a pretty obvious foreshadowing of Imaizumi might not managing to pass the goal line first.

I will be expecting a Imaizumi VS Mido fight somewhere soon, since since the beginning of this anime, Imaizumi only worked that hard on biking in order to defeat Mido (who he lost to before), therefore they will probably have a competition in the next few episodes (I'm expecting Imaizumi to win tho).

Makishima and Toudou will probably tire themselves out, like how they done so in the past few episodes. Imaizumi and Mido will also be tired after they upcoming race, and Fukutomi...I'm not expecting him to win against Imaizumi after seeing this eps.

Which lefts us Manami and Onoda, who will most likely compete for the goal. I, not spoiling anything, have a feeling if that comes up, Onoda will win cuz he hadn't done much since the 1st day, that awesome passing 100 men, and since he IS the main character, he's gotta do something cool at the end of this InterHigh race, end of the second season most likely. Then the 3rd season will be their becoming 2nd years and recruiting new members and entering the InterHigh for the second time.

Oh god that's a long review. Oh well. The post credit was funny as always. Poor Ishigaki. How come he hadn't heard Midosuji exiting the bath!?? Is Mido quiet as a spy!?? LMAO, oh and Mido's little song is so cute xDD he has a nice voice!
Feb 2, 2015 11:19 PM

Jul 2010
Finally Imaizumi's arc, I wonder when Onoda will have his time to shine though.
Midosuji incoming, it's like an horror show not a sport one.
Feb 2, 2015 11:37 PM

Jul 2014
Get rekt people !! Here comes Midousuji.
Feb 3, 2015 4:58 AM

Oct 2013
Awww yeah! Finally an interesting episode! I was seriously surprised by a lot of things this episode, Imaizumi rekt'ing Fukutomi being one of them!

AWESOME animation this episode! Everything looked so clean and crisp c:

AlexTheRiot said:
I really didn't expect Imaizumi to pull THAT far head. Gotta wonder if he really intends on riding alone to the finish, or if he knows he's gonna bonk out before the last 5km and is banking on forcing Fukutomi to reach his limit trying to catch him. I kinda hope it ultimately is a bluff like that, cause Fuku truly believes he's trying to break away and doesn't know how much he truly has left in the tank. Still though, I wouldn't expect Fukutomi to drop out with that, and that's what has to happen unless Imaizumi really does have the tank to keep it up to the finish.

Yeah, I thought he was baiting Fukutomi into burning out too.

ttcchen said:
I will be expecting a Imaizumi VS Mido fight somewhere soon, since since the beginning of this anime, Imaizumi only worked that hard on biking in order to defeat Mido (who he lost to before), therefore they will probably have a competition in the next few episodes (I'm expecting Imaizumi to win tho).

Will he be able to stand against Fukutomi AND Midosuji though? hehe

Also: Damn kid Imaizumi was so cute 0_0 (tsundere? LOL)

Black_wind said:
Imaizumi was really cool!
And i loved how Makishima was excited about him doing that stunt:')

Ishigaki RIP you have done well ;; (in both the race and bath,lmao)

Took the words right outta my mouth XD

Akanezora said:
Midosuji incoming, it's like an horror show not a sport one.

I hear ya.

Byunjin said:
No one noticed this?

I did... smh lol...
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Feb 3, 2015 8:29 AM

Oct 2013
Yeah I was waiting for Midosuji. He finally appears
Feb 3, 2015 12:09 PM

Nov 2009
What a cool bad boy Imaizumi is! KusonamaikiXD Been waiting to see him shine as the ace!
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Feb 3, 2015 1:15 PM

Apr 2012
Byunjin said:
No one noticed this?

I don't get why they had to do this
Feb 3, 2015 4:17 PM

Mar 2012
A wild Midousuji appears!

Byunjin said:
No one noticed this?

I still don't know wtf is up with that.
Feb 3, 2015 6:19 PM

Jan 2011
Byunjin said:
No one noticed this?
My post is literally just a single line about this.
Feb 4, 2015 2:06 AM
Jul 2018
I wonder if 8 episodes are enough to cover up 15 km, its taking too long.
Feb 4, 2015 2:10 AM

Jan 2011
xcess090 said:
I wonder if 8 episodes are enough to cover up 15 km, its taking too long.
2km an episode!
Feb 5, 2015 7:46 AM
Jan 2015
im late to the Yowapeda game and I just caught up last week and im not im line with waiting for each new episode to come out on crunchyroll. >__<;; THE AGONY!

mimicking some previous sentiments, im also glad that imaizumi is going to get to shine a little. ugh if he pulls something epic like naruka did, I think I might expire!! GO SOUHOKU!! all 3 characters left are tops in my book, so im wondering what kind of level up stunts they have the potential of pulling.

also YESSS Midousuji is creeping along the peripheral ... which is a perfect spot for him to creep. >)
Feb 5, 2015 8:19 AM

Nov 2008
CrisCri said:
Byunjin said:
No one noticed this?

I'm not sure if it was ever in the first season, but my friends and I only noticed it in this season, and it's completely out of place. Throughout the entire anime you go without any ecchi whatsoever (other than that one time where Naruko points to Mikki's boobs, saying that she's grown), and suddenly, bam, that's the omake end image.

I just feel really confused. Like, are they trying to lure in more female-attracted audiences in an anime where they show up like maybe 5% of the time?
Feb 7, 2015 9:24 AM

Oct 2008
Even if I haven't read the manga, I already know that Midousuji will break the composure of Imaizumi.

Feb 8, 2015 9:15 AM

Oct 2011
NARUKO T_______T

Imaizumi challenging Fukutomi to the end : 0

Dat past so adorable <3

Midouji OMG
Feb 24, 2015 6:59 AM

Dec 2013
Byunjin said:
No one noticed this?

I was just seriously going to post this since I didn't see anyone else talking about this one the first page. Well lol, I definitely noticed it and whoever that tiny person is wearing goggles in a tube is one hell of a lucky guy. Can't tell who it is though lol... Damn that female character Miki is my fav, super hot and pretty.

This episode though, felt like an awesome one.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Mar 22, 2015 1:25 AM

Apr 2012
I almost forgot how capable Imaizumi is, I personally think he'll be able to last longer than Makishima. Can't wait to see his reaction when Midousuji reappears.
on my way to steal yo girl
Mar 24, 2015 2:34 PM
Sep 2009
Somehow I have hard time buying it. Imaizumi could barely keep up with Arakita on day 1 and now he is suddenly faster than Fukutomi? Yeh, right.... that's way too much of a growth.

And Midousuji is meant to catch up with them on his own when it took all of Naruko's power to catch up while Midosouji is still far behind...
Apr 5, 2015 12:50 AM

Jun 2011
thewhitesea said:
CrisCri said:

I'm not sure if it was ever in the first season, but my friends and I only noticed it in this season, and it's completely out of place. Throughout the entire anime you go without any ecchi whatsoever (other than that one time where Naruko points to Mikki's boobs, saying that she's grown), and suddenly, bam, that's the omake end image.

I just feel really confused. Like, are they trying to lure in more female-attracted audiences in an anime where they show up like maybe 5% of the time?
Yea it's really offensive to me, I really hate sexualization where it does not belong. If it's their sense of humor, then really imo they are doing it wrong.

kitten320 said:
Somehow I have hard time buying it. Imaizumi could barely keep up with Arakita on day 1 and now he is suddenly faster than Fukutomi? Yeh, right.... that's way too much of a growth.

And Midousuji is meant to catch up with them on his own when it took all of Naruko's power to catch up while Midosouji is still far behind...
Yea these are things that annoy me a lot, things that are not coherent and do not make sense.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 27, 2016 9:15 AM

Dec 2008
woohooo, we got Imaizumi back!!!
I have been waiting for him to get his grip back, and he did and he has advanced further. I am not surprised that he is now the ace, it makes sense.

But now Midaisuji is back, it's like he's a zombie rider or something. Now I feel like the action and intensity is coming back in the anime.
Nov 10, 2016 4:20 PM

Sep 2015
Imaizuki is starting to get cool asf. Oh yay Mido's gonna join the party.
Nov 14, 2016 9:17 AM

Sep 2013
Imaizumi evolves during the race and a mini flashback to his starting days :)
Mar 23, 2017 1:22 PM

Jul 2014
Midousuji... he definitely can't catch up from where he is, righttt?! Despite everything he's done, I've forced myself to just push him back from my list of potential threats since it just seems way too unrealistic for him to manage something at this point. If anything, if something drastic happens, I'm expecting it to come from Manami and/or Onoda. They've both been eerily quiet.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Feb 10, 2021 8:20 PM

May 2020
Imaizumi was awesome this episode. I think this was the first time I've ever seen anyone make Fukutomi nervous; I remember him being cool as a cucumber even when racing Kinjou.

Also glad to see that Midousuji is back, although he has a long way until the front of the pack. Big props to Ishigaki for pulling him singlehandedly all this time.
Mar 7, 2021 2:49 PM

Nov 2016
Imaizumi stepped up for real, gotta keep up the same energy against Midousuji who's finally making a move.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 27, 2021 12:33 AM

Jul 2015
Ballsy move of Imaizumi to go on the attack where he really seems to be in the zone
After several episodes without any sight of him, it seems Midousuji is going to make a move soon.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2015

102 by Krravena12544 »»
Oct 24, 2023 1:12 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2015

54 by Dripz2012 »»
Feb 1, 2023 6:29 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2015

55 by Dripz2012 »»
Feb 1, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

61 by Dripz2012 »»
Jan 27, 2023 7:17 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2014

63 by Dripz2012 »»
Jan 20, 2023 8:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.