Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 1, 2015 10:51 PM

Apr 2008
Shizuno is definitely best girl, but man MC is really climbing the OP levels. Probably not Tatsuya status, but is getting there.

Feb 1, 2015 10:56 PM

May 2012
The anime keeps getting better, but it was already good from the 1st episode
Feb 1, 2015 11:06 PM

May 2014
Another overpowered protagonist ^_^
Feb 2, 2015 12:00 AM
May 2014
Meetdeath said:

Another?? It is the spineless weaklings that are a dime a dozen (and has been for years), not
the OP ones. In the later seasons its been more of the OP MC's, but I think they have alot to catch
up on to get equal.

I'm not counting combination mecha's, Reideen-style series and their like as those series are
too..something.. to even care whether the MC is OP or not..at least for me.
konatachan80Feb 2, 2015 1:19 AM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Feb 2, 2015 12:29 AM

Feb 2012
Meetdeath said:
Better than the usual weak ones that also make you question whether they're heterosexual or not.
Feb 2, 2015 1:55 AM

May 2013
So she was his wife in the past life. I don't know what to think about that. It's just too cliche to even expect anymore.
That battle with Sir Edward wasn't that eyeful. Even so, he did prove that he's worthy of becoming an S rank.
That loli sure knows how to drive at high speeds. Lucky Moroha that she's his roommate.
Feb 2, 2015 1:59 AM

Aug 2014
Haimura show her skill's
Feb 2, 2015 2:31 AM
May 2014
CreamZi said:
So she was his wife in the past life. I don't know what to think about that. It's just too cliche to even expect anymore.

I think its excusable. I mean, if you are going to have people knowing the MC from their past life
then there isn't that many relations they could've had.
Close relations like sister/wife/mother/brother/close rival/etc would be the ones that are most likely
to remember and/or be remembered.

I assume it would be harder to explain if someone whose relation was more distant suddenly remembers you from a past life.
konatachan80Feb 2, 2015 2:34 AM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Feb 2, 2015 5:52 AM

Mar 2011
If this anime kicked the pink-haired girl out or just did us all a favor and kill her off so they could focus in shizuno then this would qualify as a good rom-com. I loved this episode and honestly think shizuno is the only thing saving this anime.
[Input amazing signature]
Jelly?
Feb 2, 2015 7:02 AM

Jun 2014
Damn MC went all out on the guy x.o

I really like the random flashbacks in the episodes, I wonder if there's a reason why he doesnt remember much of his previous life.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2015 8:42 AM
May 2014
So i get the information that besides the Mc only one other guy can use dark magic step 8
step 8 is something like a freaking icedragon ( pretty badass but it needs its time to freeze the enemy )

however in the flashback we see how he turns a whole city and shit into ice in an instant

so i can assume he can get at least 1 step further?
damn son
Feb 2, 2015 8:59 AM

Jan 2013
Yap, his past life with Shizunu was way more interesting than the sister.
Show me more.
Feb 2, 2015 9:44 AM

Aug 2010
I just love the way they animate the Incantation magic with the other voice in the background. Makes it so BA!

ShizunoxMoroha OTP <3
Feb 2, 2015 10:14 AM

Dec 2013
DoAndroidsDream said:
Wish Shizuno was the main interest
Feel free to message me to chat.
Feb 2, 2015 10:18 AM

Mar 2014
This is the best fighting scene I seen so far but I was expecting something better

Oh well I like the show regardless
RedChromeFeb 2, 2015 10:25 AM
Feb 2, 2015 12:13 PM

Dec 2014
7.09??? Seriously?? anime is reallyyy underrated. it deserve so much more. some people might say it's cliche, actually it's more original than any others. And the last episode,especially that fight was SUPERB!!
doruk-kunFeb 3, 2015 6:52 AM
Feb 2, 2015 12:20 PM

Dec 2014
Meetdeath said:

so what? it's wayyy better than that week characters .p it's more fun this way
Feb 2, 2015 1:01 PM

Apr 2010
Well you can complain about the MC being overpowered but that was clear from the start.
This anime can't be called renewing since pretty much everything has been done before, but i have to say that this anime isn't bad despite that.
I think it has more to offer then some of the other generic harem anime this season.

Well with this the relationship between Shizuno and Moroha seems safe.
The question is what will happen next.
Feb 2, 2015 2:10 PM

Jul 2009
FakerEmiya said:
Shizuno is definitely best girl, but man MC is really climbing the OP levels. Probably not Tatsuya status, but is getting there.

Even though both shows got annoying imoto with annoying nii-sama complex, cocytus here is over 9000 compare to miyuki "i turn the cooler on so you are freezed" version
bruh
Feb 2, 2015 2:23 PM
May 2014
kei78 said:
FakerEmiya said:

Even though both shows got annoying imoto with annoying nii-sama complex, cocytus here is over 9000 compare to miyuki "i turn the cooler on so you are freezed" version

The spells are completely different to begin with.

Miyuki's cocytus = "Unlike her other Freezing Magics, this doesn't have a noticeable effect on the
surface, such as frost or cold temperature. Rather than the targets physical bodies freezing, it is their
consciousness or soul that is frozen. It can also be fathomed as a magic that froze the time of the
realm of a target's soul." --wikia
(I think the anime showed this spell with freezing effects)

His spell seems to literally freeze whatever.
konatachan80Feb 2, 2015 2:36 PM
-- Lord fifth
Feb 2, 2015 2:32 PM

Jul 2009
konatachan80 said:
kei78 said:

The spells are completely different to begin with.

Miyuki's cocytus "doesn't have a noticeable effect on the surface, such as frost or cold temperature.
Rather than the targets physical bodies freezing, it is their consciousness or soul that is frozen.
It can also be fathomed as a magic that froze the time of the realm of a target's soul." --wikia

His spell seems to literally freeze whatever.

I wont deny the effects are different, but there was no difference in animation between cocytus and niflheim. so that make Miyuki's spell meh~
I wd have rather expected no external freezing in fact (_ _ )"
bruh
Feb 2, 2015 2:32 PM

Apr 2013
Decent episode but that whole scene where Moroha rescues Shizuno was pretty damn corny.
Feb 2, 2015 3:57 PM

Aug 2014
Yes, Moroha is qualified to be a Rank-S Savior! ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Feb 2, 2015 4:01 PM

Jun 2010
I don't care what they say about the graphics. this show already has me hooked.
I really wish they gave these guys a larger budget. just imagining this with Fate graphics makes me Fangasm.

Moroha, You are the real OP MC.
you deserve to be inducted into the Hall of OP MC's with Kirito, Tatsuya, Accelerator, and the rest.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Feb 2, 2015 4:40 PM

Dec 2011
I like Moroha x Shizuno ship better! I really wanna see her make moves to seduce Moroha now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2015 4:50 PM
Jan 2012
SkyTate said:
natsukage said:
So Maya can drive...she's got a license?

This.

That insanely long incantation time. At least the enemy attacked while he was chanting and not just wait for him to finish casting it.

Absolutely nothing could be more annoying or more cringe worthy than that, this doesn't even belong in the same galaxy of how awful that got to be by the end of that show.
Feb 2, 2015 4:59 PM

Aug 2013
Generic big-boobs girl in this anime is more awesome than usual... I'm loving Urushihabara's demeanor more and more.

And jealous imouto = win.
Feb 2, 2015 5:25 PM
May 2014
richard360 said:
Moroha, You are the real OP MC.
you deserve to be inducted into the Hall of OP MC's with Kirito, Tatsuya, Accelerator, and the rest.

Just wondering.. does Kirito even deserve to be on that list? He's anything anything but OP
whenever he's in the vicinity of a female.

Moroha don't seem to be completely unfazed, but at least he isn't behaving like a 5 year old
caught with his hand in the cookie-jar whenever they're around.
konatachan80Feb 2, 2015 5:28 PM
-- Lord fifth
Feb 2, 2015 6:18 PM

Feb 2011
I wonder if these people consider themselves continuations of their past lives, because it seems they lack a certain sense of self with consideration toward their emotional feelings about others. I mean looking at Satsuki she believes herself her past life and seems to lack a present self.
Feb 2, 2015 6:37 PM
May 2014
dim100 said:
I wonder if these people consider themselves continuations of their past lives, because it seems they lack a certain sense of self with consideration toward their emotional feelings about others. I mean looking at Satsuki she believes herself her past life and seems to lack a present self.

Maybe some do and some don't, or both. His sister in the previous life isn't his sister in this one, so
she'll be able to pursue him if she wants to in this one. The wife from his previous life might want to
become his wife in this life too.
-- Lord fifth
Feb 2, 2015 6:48 PM

Aug 2014
So chanting makes me defenseless? No problem, I'll just fly into the sky where you can't reach me and attack you with the super spell after I finish writing it, it's only 1 page long. This whole chanting nonsense is seriously annoying the crap out of me, and here I thought only Goku or the DBZ universe can bug people by taking hours to power up...
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Feb 2, 2015 6:57 PM
May 2014
SoonaxUchiha02 said:
So chanting makes me defenseless? No problem, I'll just fly into the sky where you can't reach me and attack you with the super spell after I finish writing it, it's only 1 page long. This whole chanting nonsense is seriously annoying the crap out of me, and here I thought only Goku or the DBZ universe can bug people by taking hours to power up...

Just regard it as a slowed down version of what actually happens (iow Nagato Yuki speed).
It would make more sense that way because enemies and whatnot won't wait for somebody to
spend 30 secs or so to write a spell.
-- Lord fifth
Feb 2, 2015 8:29 PM

Jul 2012
If only Shizuno was the main girl ;_;

I don't usually support any pairings in harems but Haimura x Shizuno is such love. Hopefully she still gets a decent amount of focus despite her arc being somewhat done.
Feb 2, 2015 8:41 PM

Apr 2013
Make Moroha Rank SSSSS please.
That beginning of episode one makes Moroha looks like crap (one whole bunch of saviors against one dragon) when he can actually do so much more.

Chanting is pretty much slowed down for our convenience. Our eyes can't keep up with their chant write "speed".
Feb 2, 2015 9:51 PM

Jan 2011
Damn I'm honestly surprised with how much I enjoyed this episode.

The OP makes sense at least since the number of reincarnations coupled with remembering past lives equates to higher power.
Feb 3, 2015 3:04 AM

Apr 2011
I'm getting tired of this "I Remember"

Also whoa there a loli drifting like a pro
Feb 3, 2015 9:15 AM
Jul 2018
Cliché as fuck, the only thing I enjoyed was Maya cuteness.
Feb 3, 2015 2:26 PM

Jul 2012
What kind of spell did Maya do? I agree with the people above, Moroha and Shizuno is a way better pairing than the other... That ice magic was OP but fun to watch, looking forward to the next episode.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Feb 3, 2015 5:35 PM

Mar 2012
Sometimes it's clear as one watches an anime adaptation that the source material is not that good to begin with. I don't doubt that this is the case to a certain extent with this series. But then this low-budget adaptation makes it even worse. This fight was supposed to be much more exciting than it was. But the horrendous choreography and special effects basically made sure this series will remain mediocre. Kind of sad, really. I can't imagine how the author can stand his work being butchered like this.
Feb 3, 2015 8:18 PM

Aug 2013
This show have from time to time some hilarious(ly bad) animation. Like when the dude drew his sword, the animation was so lacking, skipped a couple of frame and we could only hear him whistle some weird tune, that was hilarious as fuck.

Children driving! Bad! Jesus, TAKE THE WHEEEEELLL!!!

Now that he have won back a waifu, three to go!(?)
Man, that show is so bad, yet, I enjoy it. It's like those B movies that are so bad, they ends up being good.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 3, 2015 10:34 PM

Jul 2013
This show would've been so much better without the annoying imouto.. corny scenes and ridiculously long chanting aside, I'd watch this just for Moroha and Shizuno's romance alone.

Masque said:
SkyTate said:

Absolutely nothing could be more annoying or more cringe worthy than that, this doesn't even belong in the same galaxy of how awful that got to be by the end of that show.

Not even Miyuki's "Onii-sama?"
Feb 3, 2015 10:55 PM

Jul 2009
something bother me.

how could Maya avoid being turned into a legal iced loli when cocytus was unleash 0_0 ?
bruh
Feb 4, 2015 7:12 AM

May 2012
MoeGod said:

Not even Miyuki's "Onii-sama?"

satsuki ONII SAN is 1000x more annoying than Miyuki. well, at least Miyuki's a badass. and im not even looking forward to Satsuki and "Onii san" past lives... hope i survives this relay
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Feb 4, 2015 1:51 PM

Jun 2013
That was actually a pretty damn good episode! :)
Feb 4, 2015 1:51 PM

Oct 2011
Moroha what a BA!!!!

Was tearing up T__T
Feb 5, 2015 7:32 PM
Oct 2012
i really don't like it when people complain about how the MC is OP. really people, did you actually think for a second the MC was going to lose? the MC is always OP so get over it. i like Moroha Haimura because he has an original OP move.the OP move is also something that is entertaining to watch.
Feb 6, 2015 8:25 AM

Apr 2014
Nice episode.
Epic fight.
Hate Shizuno's brother, damn he sure is annoying!
Feb 7, 2015 8:50 PM

Jun 2014
This is getting a little bit better and a little bit worse every second. The fight was okay I guess. Moroha's "I remember" is going to annoy me if it's the only way to end Moroha's fights.

I want an anime on Moroha's past life with Shizuno. I mean, having Shizuno as his wife is a lot better than Satsuki with her "Onii-chan" incest romance imo.

Next episode, 3 new characters?
Feb 7, 2015 9:18 PM

Jul 2008
Saito6689 said:
7.07? Seriously? This show is the most underrated in this year, for sure.

>Implying MAL's rating actually mean something
>Implying a shitty generic harem LN adaptation is actually worth something

Kappa

This show is technically a disaster, it's the perfect example of an anime that you might enjoy as a guilty pleasure but never because of it holding any value as a work.

Animation is garbage, befitting it's low budget as just another shitty LN adaptation
The characters have no personalities of their own, they're the personification of overused cliche. Every single one of them without exception.
The setting is interesting but the story still revolve around the same overused tropes you can find in at least three shows every single anime seasons because sadly it's the easiest and weakest way to make a work sell somehow.

Enjoying it is one thing, thinking it is good is another. I admit that I am enjoying myself watching this show because shitty LN adaptations are a guilty pleasure of mine but if someone would bash this show in front of me, my jimmies would remain unrustled. Actually I would contribute to the bashing because this show is everything that is wrong with the anime industry nowadays.

You're right this anime is surely not worth a 7.07 on MAL's rating scale. It'd be worth a low 4 at best.
Feb 8, 2015 1:42 PM

Nov 2009
Shangetsu said:
Saito6689 said:
7.07? Seriously? This show is the most underrated in this year, for sure.

>Implying

Trolling.

Why not...you know, just stop watching if you don't like it? Are you retarded maybe?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2015

61 by Nekoburger »»
Sep 24, 2023 9:16 PM

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2015

78 by Nekoburger »»
Sep 24, 2023 1:48 PM

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2015

156 by LemonSvk »»
Jul 26, 2023 5:36 AM

» The spells

Estatia - Dec 15, 2016

1 by UTSGhost »»
Apr 14, 2023 5:42 AM

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2015

97 by tanaymulik_ »»
Apr 2, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.