Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2015 11:17 PM

Feb 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh my god. Momona is 100% a mary sue even for kid show standards. Like seriously wtf.

Ok first off, how can she not grieve about Lillian? Lillian has been her best friend since Jewel Palace and she didn't even mention lillian throughout the whole show.

Fuck that, it's not called being strong it's called being insensitive. I mean, Cayenne regrets not being able to do anything and all you say momona is "Stay Strong". Like seriously wtf that isn't a pep talk at all.

And Plus SHE'S SUPPOSED TO SAVE THE WORLD. ZEXCS EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT DID MOMONA GO THROUGH TO DO THAT??

NOTHING.ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I mean ep 1 was choking me but i saw her actually develop common sense so it's bearable. But the fact that she just wants to save the world out of the blue and that lady diana told her is seriously wtf.

If momona had to save the world it doesn't make sense. What sort of love trials did she go through except through cliche like chick flick moments with cayenne.

I'm not being biased, but what ZEXCS has shown us with Lillian and Miura is so much better if the show wants to shows us a thing about love.

Like miura who has never did anything for anyone else in his life before because of Lillian HE WANTS TO HELP. HECK HE WAS ANGRY THAT HE COULDN'T DO ANYTHING IN THIS EP CAUSE THE POWER NEEDED COUPLE POWER OF LOVE. And lillian sacrificed herself for luea and she has helped more people than momona without the whole task thing out of kindness.

So yeah if Momona saves the day 6/10

But if the underdogs win 9/10 cause that'll be so good for the last series of jewelpet (underdogs as in lillian and miura)
Feb 1, 2015 12:32 AM
Oct 2014
naekiyo said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh my god. Momona is 100% a mary sue even for kid show standards. Like seriously wtf.

Ok first off, how can she not grieve about Lillian? Lillian has been her best friend since Jewel Palace and she didn't even mention lillian throughout the whole show.

Fuck that, it's not called being strong it's called being insensitive. I mean, Cayenne regrets not being able to do anything and all you say momona is "Stay Strong". Like seriously wtf that isn't a pep talk at all.

And Plus SHE'S SUPPOSED TO SAVE THE WORLD. ZEXCS EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT DID MOMONA GO THROUGH TO DO THAT??

NOTHING.ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I mean ep 1 was choking me but i saw her actually develop common sense so it's bearable. But the fact that she just wants to save the world out of the blue and that lady diana told her is seriously wtf.

If momona had to save the world it doesn't make sense. What sort of love trials did she go through except through cliche like chick flick moments with cayenne.

I'm not being biased, but what ZEXCS has shown us with Lillian and Miura is so much better if the show wants to shows us a thing about love.

Like miura who has never did anything for anyone else in his life before because of Lillian HE WANTS TO HELP. HECK HE WAS ANGRY THAT HE COULDN'T DO ANYTHING IN THIS EP CAUSE THE POWER NEEDED COUPLE POWER OF LOVE. And lillian sacrificed herself for luea and she has helped more people than momona without the whole task thing out of kindness.

So yeah if Momona saves the day 6/10

But if the underdogs win 9/10 cause that'll be so good for the last series of jewelpet (underdogs as in lillian and miura)

There's a keyword in Episode 41, which is Love. Meaning Momona is a catalyst for Love in order to save Jewel Land. Also, I think Ruby is a bigger idiot in this episode making everyone lend their Jewel Power to the Final Wand, only to summon a Kaiju.

Lady Jewelpet is meant to follow classic 70-80's shojo and not the 90's mahou shojo, so usually the main character had to be a catalyst of some sorts for a final conflict. Oh yeah, now that's 3 people dead in the series: Claire, Diana and Lillian. Everyone is starting to drop down like flies..
duo2ndFeb 1, 2015 12:48 AM
Feb 1, 2015 4:15 AM

Feb 2014
Zexcs you disappoint me. Haha lol Momona wasn't picked to shoot the jewel arrow so they probably thought this would make up her not being a mary sue.

She is not even afflicted by the hardships of the show. Heck those so called hard ships of her being lady like she solves within a day or somehow ends up with her being happy.

This the 21 century Zexcs. Ugh following that classic shoujo thing really isn't what kids need let alone like these days. Oh im hoping for a plot twist that momona fails to save the world and is helped by other petite ladies and if it has to be a couple Lillian and Miura not because i ship them but because they developed through so many bounds out of love in a mature sense of changing one another unlike Momona and Cayenne
Feb 1, 2015 6:41 PM
Oct 2014
naekiyo said:
Zexcs you disappoint me. Haha lol Momona wasn't picked to shoot the jewel arrow so they probably thought this would make up her not being a mary sue.

She is not even afflicted by the hardships of the show. Heck those so called hard ships of her being lady like she solves within a day or somehow ends up with her being happy.

This the 21 century Zexcs. Ugh following that classic shoujo thing really isn't what kids need let alone like these days. Oh im hoping for a plot twist that momona fails to save the world and is helped by other petite ladies and if it has to be a couple Lillian and Miura not because i ship them but because they developed through so many bounds out of love in a mature sense of changing one another unlike Momona and Cayenne

Oh I'm sure Kawasaki has a lot of questions to answer about this if he's invited to Otakon or some sorts. The anime has so many death flags up that if you think that Sanrio decided to go dark once again in their anime. The last time they did that is with Ringing Bell and the two Ideon movies.

And as much as cliche as 70's shojo is, I doubt Momona will end up as Lady Jewel, if not she will drop out the title like Diana did and choose someone instead. She, like the others suffered also but tried to be on the serious positive site, which gives a negative impact on her character development. Mostly I see this problem with Chiari in the last season, she is positive even with bigger problems and smiled and think positively in order to forget the pain. But got crushed when every single one she cared for is taken away and got turned evil alongside a soul crushing speech.

Lastly, I noticed on the preview on Episode 45 that Miura's JewelPad is glitching after the events of episode 43. So.....maybe Lillian is still alive, but only her soul? Maybe that would happen.
Feb 2, 2015 4:09 AM

Feb 2014
duo2nd said:
naekiyo said:

Oh I'm sure Kawasaki has a lot of questions to answer about this if he's invited to Otakon or some sorts. The anime has so many death flags up that if you think that Sanrio decided to go dark once again in their anime. The last time they did that is with Ringing Bell and the two Ideon movies.

And as much as cliche as 70's shojo is, I doubt Momona will end up as Lady Jewel, if not she will drop out the title like Diana did and choose someone instead. She, like the others suffered also but tried to be on the serious positive site, which gives a negative impact on her character development. Mostly I see this problem with Chiari in the last season, she is positive even with bigger problems and smiled and think positively in order to forget the pain. But got crushed when every single one she cared for is taken away and got turned evil alongside a soul crushing speech.

Lastly, I noticed on the preview on Episode 45 that Miura's JewelPad is glitching after the events of episode 43. So.....maybe Lillian is still alive, but only her soul? Maybe that would happen.

Yea I'm pretty sure Lillian is alive. I hope so at least since they still show cards of her.

Nah momona didn't have soul crushing moments or feels or anything. Honestly i liked momona in ep 1 she was a pretty normal girl till ep 5 when she became BL.

Miura's development was good for a kid's show, really liked how he became the bad boy flirt to the hero type. Not cliche since love can change a guy.

Diana isn't dead, but Claire maybe. Momona was too calm in this ep and that's what pisses me off. Classic 70's shoujo is too cliche ZEXCS. Yea chiari was pretty bad but Momona is even more unbearable. Cause they just had to pull the magical girl card.

Chiari was decent though, like she was very plucky but had that moment of bursting though she's a sue. Idk anymore but i like chiari since her design looks normal and realistic and suiting for a girl her age, and her personality is a bit too happy for me but at least she doesn't save the world shit and isn't happy all the time even when it doesn't really concern her.

I mean for godsakes momona didn't even seem fazed about Lillian or the fact that she wanted to shoot the jewel arrow when she has never been in combat and shit
Apr 12, 2015 8:10 AM

Jan 2014
This was surprising, again. I like how this show changed completely in its last third or so. Loved it <3
Feb 24, 2019 4:48 AM

Jul 2015
It's neat the serious approach that the series is taking now that is near the end, I like this stuff.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lady Jewelpet Episode 2 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Apr 15, 2014

5 by poopybuttcrack »»
Nov 22, 2023 11:18 AM

Poll: » Lady Jewelpet Episode 52 Discussion

naekiyo - Mar 28, 2015

11 by cowzarto »»
Oct 8, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Lady Jewelpet Episode 1 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Apr 6, 2014

17 by walkdallama »»
May 24, 2023 4:47 PM

Poll: » Lady Jewelpet Episode 29 Discussion

duo2nd - Oct 19, 2014

8 by Ameeraa »»
Apr 14, 2020 10:52 PM

Poll: » Lady Jewelpet Episode 39 Discussion

duo2nd - Jan 5, 2015

7 by animedark »»
Mar 3, 2019 5:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.