Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 30, 2015 2:26 AM
May 2015
I like watching other's life cause I have none..
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo was the first SoL I watched and I liked the genre since that.. It was the second anime I watched after Highschool DxD (which made me almost hate anime)..
remissingnoMay 30, 2015 2:29 AM
May 30, 2015 2:29 AM
May 2015
-Oreki-Houtarou- said:
You can almost relate your life on that genre of anime :]

Really? I don't have a lively school life and a colorful love life.. But I can relate to Oregairu damn
May 30, 2015 5:50 AM

Sep 2013
remissingno said:
It was the second anime I watched after Highschool DxD (which made me almost hate anime)..

My sympathies. Glad to see you among the SoL watchers now, and not having become another mainstream shounen/ecchi fanboy (:
Jun 1, 2015 12:26 AM
Jul 2018
Never really thought about that. I just liked SOLs. So cheerful and happy.

Like someone told me, Only thing I've completed watching that I have on the list has at least a Slice of Life genre tagged on it. Never realized it actually. I think I just really like this genre.

I think the first one I watched was K-On the second season but the first one I finished was Chuunibyou.
Jun 1, 2015 12:30 AM

Aug 2014
I watch natsume yuujinchou,and it got interest me because it's very inspiring and heart warming^
Jun 1, 2015 7:19 PM

Aug 2007
I like it because is normal life and every day life of normal people. Sometimes this animes are boring but in the mayority are really interesting. That's why I like them.
Jun 6, 2015 11:51 AM

Jul 2012
It's mostly because they're just fun and simple, and I also feel very simple so it's kind of relate-able??

mitsumi iwakura

deliveries
awc mrc
set by titanween
Jun 7, 2015 5:49 AM
Dec 2014
I watch all kinds of anime and enjoy most series I watch. But Sol is a genre that's rarely disappointing. It's usually relaxing, slow paced and not a lot of tension or drama. Maybe you just watched a gore fest or high drama or a suspense thriller. Sol are good to mix in to balance out those tense shows. Then there are some sol that are real gems that you just love because the make you feel good without even trying, like Aria or Non Non Biyori. That's some of the reasons I like sol.
Jun 7, 2015 12:03 PM

Oct 2014
SoL anime geneally get pretty high ratings from me because I like it neat and simple.
Most have a happy atmospehere, can't really say I hate that and are slow paced, making it a relaxing experience.
Jun 7, 2015 5:47 PM

Mar 2011
'Cause it's calm, simple and natural.
Jun 23, 2015 3:14 PM

Feb 2012
cause when u watch it its relaxing and chill
Jun 23, 2015 3:26 PM

Sep 2013
Since most people mention relaxation and calmness, I'm listening to one of my favourite Aria songs once again ~
Jun 23, 2015 3:40 PM
May 2015
I like it mostly because of the backgrounds and just a peaceful atmosphere; just no plot and everyday kids enjoying their life
Jun 23, 2015 3:46 PM

Sep 2013
That's a legit reason. Enjoying someone's life, which is the theme of a lot of SoL anime, is always better and more valuable to watch than the nth generic and predictable shounen battle, or a random harem series where nothing happens and the viewer feels annoyed almost all the time. Life is short enough, so one should always avoid spending free time with stuff which doesn't give you the best feeling.
Jun 23, 2015 6:19 PM
Jul 2018
What I like from Slice of Life is how it's a relaxing genre. I still like shounen series full of battles, but when I'm tired or when I need to distract my thoughts from things that have been bothering me I don't feel like watching violent or stressful things. It's a nice change of pace, and some SoL can be quite funny, like Non Non Biyori or Kiniro Mosaic. I completely agree with your last sentence, Xiaraith.
Jun 23, 2015 6:28 PM

Apr 2015
Makes me feel better and more appreciative about life ;_;
Jun 23, 2015 7:46 PM
Shattered Angel

Mar 2015
I like to watch them because they give me ability to put myself in the show and use my imagination :)! i enjoy escaping the harshness of reality for a while and get involved in the good stories in romance, slice of life and drama genres!
Jun 24, 2015 12:34 AM

Sep 2013
Zacfish33 said:
I like to watch them because they give me ability to put myself in the show and use my imagination :)!

Yes indeed. That's also a reason why I don't want to miss a good fantasy setting in my anime from time to time.

Shironeko- said:
Makes me feel better and more appreciative about life ;_;

Once someone appreciates life as a whole, and understands how harsh it can be not only for you, but for everyone else around you too, you simply want to get involved with their lives, help them grow and understand their situation as best as you can. Having proper interpersonal relations is important nowadays, and a lot of SoL can help us realize that there's more to people than what they show on the outside. An added psychological element can also come in handy here.
Jun 24, 2015 9:02 AM

Jun 2015
I like them because they're very relaxing, most are pretty cute. I also like the comedy in most of them.
{ 春にはすべてが変わるでしょう。}
Jun 24, 2015 4:20 PM
Shattered Angel

Mar 2015
Xiaraith said:
remissingno said:
It was the second anime I watched after Highschool DxD (which made me almost hate anime)..

My sympathies. Glad to see you among the SoL watchers now, and not having become another mainstream shounen/ecchi fanboy (:

The same exact thing happened to me with School Days lolz x) glad to see you watching SoL as well :)!
Jun 25, 2015 6:32 AM

Nov 2014
Slice of Life anime is very relaxing to me because it somewhat portray the life of people especially youngsters. I can relate to some of their action.
Aug 28, 2015 10:19 AM
Jul 2018
Slice of Life is one of the few genres in Anime that can actually manage to entertain you enormously without having a complicated or extremely well set-up plot. Instead, you get to see real, relatable, characters living their normal lives like we do ourselves. In many cases I think it is actually the most entertaining form of Anime because of these very same reasons. I would even add that they sometimes tend to make you feel more appreciative about the things we often take for granted and I think that is a really good thing to remain aware of.
Sep 7, 2015 6:51 PM

Feb 2015
more meaningful<3
Nov 1, 2015 9:56 AM

Jun 2014
They're good to watch when I'm stressed or bored.
Nov 1, 2015 9:59 AM

Feb 2014
I like feels and life lessons, SOL is my favorite genre.
"So wave goodbye to the hope we were born with, and say farewell to the chance of surviving this holocaust of love, this age of lost souls, but I'm holding on with both hands and I'm never letting go."
Nov 1, 2015 11:24 AM

Sep 2013
Oh yes, life lessons. Sometimes you simply want to be overwhelmed by the power of life itself, even if it might be cliche here and there. Less can me so much more.
Nov 1, 2015 11:33 AM

Nov 2014
Yup. Can't even count how many times have i recognised and related myself in certain situations. Definetly a life lession material, each will find his unique life lession.
What is wrong with loving someone who doesn't exist ? Absolutely nothing. As long as you make peace with it.
Nov 2, 2015 2:08 PM

Jan 2014
Because I love character-driven stories. Human beings have infinite potential so it is always interesting and fun to see all the different kinds a work of fiction can offer.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2015 4:34 PM

Apr 2014
Because it's closer to reality.
I suppose that my life is worthless and (probably subconsciously) I would like be a character of anime.
Apr 24, 2016 12:23 PM

Oct 2015
I usually get put off from stuff that tries so hard to be larger-than-life, spectacular or "epic", as it usually ends up feeling hollow for me. SoL is usually a much more down-to-earth and tightly-focused experience, as it focuses on characters and visuals rather than trying to tell the most "epic" story possible (which doesn't work most of the time).

Additionally, they can just be hilarious sometimes.
Oct 14, 2016 6:38 PM

Jun 2011
unexpected humor ;D

also slice of life keeps me from binge watching, so I can have anime to watch everyday
Oct 15, 2016 5:14 PM

Jul 2015
Because slice of life is relaxing, funny and hearthwarming at the same time!

Slice of life keeps me from binge watching too. I have a lot of things to do and little time, so slice of life is perfect for my everyday. I can watch 1 episode at breakfast, another at dinner, and another before bedtime :)

And, last but not least, I like watching cute girls doing cute things :P
 /~~~\/~~\/~~~\/~~~\/~~\/~~~\                    /~~~\/~~\/~~~\/~~~\/~~\/~~~\
 | /\/ /\/ /\ || /\/ /\/ /\ |     ASCII ART      | /\ \/\ \/\ || /\ \/\ \/\ |
 \ \/ /\/ /\/ /\ \/ /\/ /\/ /   IS THE FUTURE    \ \/\ \/\ \/ /\ \/\ \/\ \/ /
  \ \/\ \/\ \/  \ \/\ \/\ \/   OF  VIDEOGAMES     \/ /\/ /\/ /  \/ /\/ /\/ /
,_/\ \/\ \/\ \__/\ \/\ \/\ \______________________/ /\/ /\/ /\__/ /\/ /\/ /\_,
(__/\__/\__/\____/\__/\__/\________________________/\__/\__/\____/\__/\__/\__)
Nov 19, 2016 1:18 AM

Nov 2016
Besides it being calming and hearthwarming I guess I like slice of life exactly because nothing really happens. I prefer it when there is little to no drama, nothing threatening the peace and consistance of the world. It is something I long for in real life as well so I guess this desire kinda translates into anime/manga for me.

When I started with anime I watched titles like Code Geass, One Piece and FMA, all great anime in their own right but when I am now to be persuaded to watch a new anime of similar genre it must be extremely good to catch my eye.
With slice of life on the contrary I just need to see a few interesting characters and a bit of comedy mixed in and I am glued to the Screen ;)
Dec 4, 2016 2:01 PM
Aug 2016
Cuz slice of life anmes gives me lessons about life or i can somthing like that :)
Mohamed_SalimDec 4, 2016 2:04 PM
Dec 19, 2016 5:45 AM
Aug 2016
Pretty much every reason everyone else has given in this thread.
Dec 24, 2016 1:44 AM

Feb 2016
Because most Slice_of_Life are really simple and cute.Sometimes after a hard day I need a Slice_of_Life anime because it makes me happy.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Apr 22, 2017 4:57 AM
Apr 2017
Hmm, it's hard to say exactly but i suppose it's partly the relatablility of the characters and the scale of the pathos. I love how slice of life showcases the human condition from so many unique prospectives and so unassumingly. It's rewarding to witness the interactions between the characters and the massive effect people have in each other's lives while making no effect in the grand scheme of the universe. It's sort of like admiring a few tiny threads on a massive tapestry. I had watched a lot of slice of life before but it was while watching Sora NoWoto when I realized there was a distinct genre and started seeking that out.
Jamie-dearApr 22, 2017 5:04 AM
May 7, 2017 7:23 PM

Jan 2012
Slice of Life to me is just calming. I watch it to be just something I can smile about and enjoy often without complaining about X or Y. Often it happens anyway, but usually that's just a single character.

First SoL I watched was probably Clannad, but the one that got me into the genre would have been Non Non Biyori. It got me to really start going back after others of these shows, and even start really adding them to what I'd want to watch.
May 7, 2017 7:47 PM
Mar 2016
Because all the weeaboos and filthy casuals watch trashy, overrated shounen action and harem anime so all thats left for me is SoL anime.
May 8, 2017 11:24 AM
Mar 2017
Sol anime is the only kind of anime which you can sit back and enjoy without getting all worked up about. Not to mention it never fails to bring a smile on my face and is the most relaxing genre of anime. I have been watching 3-gatsu no lion and I am all praises for that anime. I can't wait for another season!
Jul 28, 2017 7:54 AM

Jun 2017
Is light. Some can be warm and can be full of emotions. Basically.
Aug 6, 2017 10:51 AM

Aug 2016
Because I like Japan and want to know know more about Japanese culture. I also hate shows with fighting/bloodshed.
Sep 2, 2017 3:54 AM
Nov 2016
sometimes I just really want mindless mess around or a temporary escape.

Nov 20, 2017 5:20 PM

Aug 2015
Mostly because it's cute an lighthearted, so I can just sit back and relax without having to worry too much about missing important plot points :p

Also because it's often more realistic, which makes me able to relate to a lot of things that happens to the characters.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Dec 29, 2017 3:58 AM

Dec 2016
A warm feel and smiling I guess?

Also character interactions, i'm bad at explaining, they can be funny, happy, weird and so on. Wish I could describe what I mean better.
Jan 2, 2018 3:59 AM
Jul 2016
I think that SoL animes are relaxing and the characters don't need to have a special power to make them interesting. They are also a good source of culture. :3
Jan 8, 2018 2:14 AM
Jul 2018
It's very relaxing and could make you appreciate the little and daily things in live more or the people you take for granted imo.

Tbh, a mix of fantasy and SOL gets me the most in this genre. Like Natsume Yuujinchou and The Ancient Magus Bride. Also Girls Last Tour was interesting to watch. I liked Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash very much as well, because the approach to the story is completely different. It's just about a group of people, who don't know each other at first and try to get along.

But I also like some SOL-romances and some stories without fantasy. Just Because from last season is so underrated imo, it almost hurts haha. Rarely have seen a more relatable and realistic romance in SOL-anime without dere-stereotypes etc... and that realistic flair. In a weird, but not negative way, it reminded me of my own school time. ^^"
removed-userJan 8, 2018 2:23 AM
Jan 15, 2018 3:45 AM

Dec 2017
I really like the SOL genre because seeing the characters I learned to love so much trying their hardest at solving their day to day life problems pumps me up with energy.
At the same time, I can relax watching them do basic stuff.
It's usually a rollercoaster of emotions and I'm a big fan of that sort of stuff.
I also think that it may be an escape from reality, not having to worry about real stuff for a bit but care about fictional characters.
Jan 16, 2018 8:19 AM

Sep 2013
Caring about fictional characters in an everyday environment, understanding why they take certain decisions based on their life situation, simply being part of more and enriching my own life with new ideas. Yup, the older I get, the more I appreciate these things over something such as the flashiest action, the coolest hero lines or the freshest jokes that turn into memes (not that I ever cared about these last things in the first place)
Jan 16, 2018 9:15 AM

Jan 2017
I love the SOL genre, since the story is soft and relatable. Slice of life is a great genre to watch when you just came home from work, and look for some refreshment. The genre has is own kind of humor, which I love. Also, the music in most of these anime really make my happy on a sad day. Overall, SOL makes me happy when i'm sad, and makes my laugh out loud( which I never do).
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Join our new Discord Server

Usagi - Mar 16, 2018

15 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 8:28 AM

» What Are Some Of Your Favorite Slice Of Life Scenes?

Art05 - May 9, 2015

8 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 7:49 AM

» 3-gatsu no Lion and Self Destruction

Dats - Apr 15, 2018

1 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 7:45 AM

» An SoL anime about worklife?

Spi_ne - Jan 28, 2021

4 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 7:40 AM

» SPECIFIC ANIME RECOMENDATION!!!

supertitao - Apr 7, 2021

2 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 7:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.