Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2015 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, this episode was calm until that thing got loose..

Attack of the pink goo this episode. And it doesn't look like the girls are going to get a break either. RIP clothes. Well good to know that they are able to contain the problem even though it wasn't easy at all.
Jan 31, 2015 11:04 AM

Aug 2010
More tentacles! More fanservice! More cuteness! More Nanami transformation! What else do u need <3

Oh and Dat Leo-sama ass cheek massaging *A*
Jan 31, 2015 11:22 AM

Sep 2009
In general it was a filler ep. But they confirmed some useful info from supplementary materials. Like Adele being French and Valerio being the younger brother of last pre-war Pastillage princess. Hope they'll show us that back-story later.
Jan 31, 2015 11:39 AM

Oct 2011
Wait, Adele is from Earth?! Although it makes sense, since she's also a Hero and was probably summoned like the others, I thought people would be more shocked by it.... or was it already mentioned?
Jan 31, 2015 12:18 PM
Nov 2013
I'm conflicted... should I be happy or disappointed that Cou's hero form doesn't age her up?
Jan 31, 2015 1:16 PM
Aug 2009
I was surprised too that Adel was from the Earth, I don't recall that to be mentioned explicitly in last season.
Jan 31, 2015 1:21 PM
Dec 2008
i really think cou is more different littien from use hero crystal first time?
paavo_22Jan 31, 2015 2:54 PM
Jan 31, 2015 1:21 PM
Jul 2018
Nice oil message of Leo-sama.
Jan 31, 2015 1:44 PM

Jun 2014
Good Old Dog Days!
Comedy, Fanservice, cuteness and well animated action scenes!
I love watching Sinku show off for the princess. And I can't wait for the SinkuXEclair episode. Those two would make an excellent couple. But also awesome best friends and rivals.
But uhhh when did Cou get a Hero Stone? Or was it the Original hero's?
I really hope we dont go back to the "Monster of the week" formula for season 3 too. I want to see more action, more story, more competition, more of the places. Its such an interesting world! Id hate to see it all wasted on fanservice.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jan 31, 2015 2:36 PM

Jun 2013
I'm assuming every slime thing in anime has the power to rip/melt female's clothing in one way or another.
Jan 31, 2015 2:41 PM

Sep 2009
Deathless said:
I was surprised too that Adel was from the Earth, I don't recall that to be mentioned explicitly in last season.

It was mentioned in supplementary mangas bundled with S2 disks. And some other things too.

For example: http://i.imgur.com/UeNfP2v.jpg?1
Jan 31, 2015 2:46 PM

May 2013
It was cool to see Cou using the hero crystal, although nothing changed except her eyes and hair color.
Jan 31, 2015 3:24 PM

Dec 2011
ThreePointer said:
I'm assuming every slime thing in anime has the power to rip/melt female's clothing in one way or another.

That's a basic power of the semi-censored slime. If it were uncensored, it'd have enough form and consistency to invade the female body more thoroughly.

I'd imagine that a slime's body is not only very viscous and acidic, but also very gelatinous as well.

-------------------------------

As for the episode, I think we might have confirmation over who the second chick in the opening is: Valerie's onee-sama and the previous ruler of Pastillage. I mean, it DOES make sense, since I can't see the girl in the nun's robe being the Princess.

Speaking of that damned Demon Lord, I'm glad that they managed to give us more screen time of Adele tormenting the hell out of him; 'twas something I missed from S2 (she only did it for like, one scene in an entire episode), and I don't miss that kind of thing very often.

Also, Genoise being useless as usual. Funny how the rabbit and tiger always take the first casualties among the trio; Noir's the only one that seems to be competent amongst the three (would explain why Eclair spends as much time with her as she does).

babymilo91 said:
It was cool to see Cou using the hero crystal, although nothing changed except her eyes and hair color.

I think she got a tad bit taller as well. Maybe not as much as Shinku or Gaul, but she definitely grew a few inches during all that - you can't really see before and after that well with the camera angles they used. And Adele covered up Cou rather well.

And on a final note: Eclair, you have one dirty mind.

And Leo-sama, majestic! Fabulous! Extravagant! Glorious! Wasn't expecting them to have her go fully naked, nor was I expecting that maid to be as adept at undressing on the move as she was.

10/10 would def watch again. Keep it up, SevenArcs! I eagerly await the debut of Church Girl and Her Royal Highness of Pastillage, along with the return of Sharl (that girl better have more than 5 episodes of screen time)!
Jan 31, 2015 5:28 PM

Sep 2013
It makes me a little sad that even Cou has a transformation now, whenever Cinque gets an upgrade it seems everyone else isn't far behind doing it better than him.
Jan 31, 2015 6:42 PM

May 2012
More fanservice lol

I guess it's somewhat expected that Cou doesn't "age up" since she's just a petite person. I mean, she is based off a squirrel and what not :P

Hmm... I guess we may not get a bit darker than this? I thought the first few episodes might have been foreshadowing another larger demon war coming or something, but I guess not

Jan 31, 2015 7:21 PM

Nov 2010
Great episode. loving this so much.
Jan 31, 2015 8:11 PM

Dec 2011
Olem said:
Hmm... I guess we may not get a bit darker than this? I thought the first few episodes might have been foreshadowing another larger demon war coming or something, but I guess not

Not this early on. We're only like, what, 4 episodes in? We just had an actual battle with a legit demon, and this episode only covered one of Valerio's old belongings in the form of a slime pet.

It also bears mentioning that this episode revealed that he has a sister - I think finding out HOW he became the Demon Lord would be an interesting piece of info to help build up tension towards a final conflict; and having Valerio's sister debut first would be a step towards this.

Not to mention there's also the nun girl - I'm curious to know how she plays a part in this.
Jan 31, 2015 8:28 PM

Dec 2014
Wow, the episode aired just a few hours ago and a storm is raging in the episode discussion.

Though as non manga reader I will probably think this is just normal episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2015 9:25 PM

Jul 2013
Woah a crapload more fanservice this time.
Still didnt prevent me from enjoying this episode.
Cou has a transformation now as well..... Cool.
Jan 31, 2015 11:40 PM

Dec 2011
elitistcasual said:
Wow, the episode aired just a few hours ago and a storm is raging in the episode discussion.

Though as non manga reader I will probably think this is just normal episode

That's because it IS a normal episode. The first two seasons weren't based on any manga, and that's where I got all my info when talking about stuff that happened in this episode (as well as possible speculation).
Jan 31, 2015 11:53 PM

May 2012
CujoFoxtar said:
Not this early on. We're only like, what, 4 episodes in? We just had an actual battle with a legit demon, and this episode only covered one of Valerio's old belongings in the form of a slime pet.

It also bears mentioning that this episode revealed that he has a sister - I think finding out HOW he became the Demon Lord would be an interesting piece of info to help build up tension towards a final conflict; and having Valerio's sister debut first would be a step towards this.

Not to mention there's also the nun girl - I'm curious to know how she plays a part in this.

Yeah, I gotcha and understand that. I just raised my expectations a bit higher due to the first 3 episodes is all.

We'll see though. I'm also curious about that nun and his sister. There's also that woman with the Mugi-ish eyebrows and about the same skin tone as Valerio that appears in the opening, so I think she may be his sister. Eh Who knows

Oops, didn't see your other post that had already pointed that out.
OlemJan 31, 2015 11:59 PM

Feb 1, 2015 12:50 AM

Nov 2011
Ya, back to typical Dog Days, but the fan service is far more than ever before.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 1, 2015 2:19 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
This episode in a nutshell

I want my Dog Days eroge already btw
Feb 1, 2015 2:40 AM

Aug 2013
I'm bored.
I had so much hype for season 3 and it died on episode 1. Nothing from episode 1-4 has interested me at all. I honestly think they are ruining the awesome scenario. I'll wait till it's over to watch any more but I am assuming right now this season wont even get a 6 from me.

Ja mata, Dog Days''!
■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■
Feb 1, 2015 3:20 AM

Jan 2012
HaXXspetten said:

Who doesnt? My first route would be best girl Eclair <3

Dog Days is once again the best ecchi this season <3
Feb 1, 2015 3:23 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
sanlei said:
HaXXspetten said:

Who doesnt? My first route would be best girl Eclair <3

Dog Days is once again the best ecchi this season <3
Dog Days isn't even ecchi-tagged
Feb 1, 2015 2:54 PM

Jul 2010
Oh look, yet another way to make the characters end up naked. Very original *sigh*. Other than that it was funny.

Feb 1, 2015 5:06 PM

Dec 2011
Olem said:
CujoFoxtar said:

Yeah, I gotcha and understand that. I just raised my expectations a bit higher due to the first 3 episodes is all.

We'll see though. I'm also curious about that nun and his sister. There's also that woman with the Mugi-ish eyebrows and about the same skin tone as Valerio that appears in the opening, so I think she may be his sister. Eh Who knows

Oops, didn't see your other post that had already pointed that out.

I actually think the new lady that appears after Sharl (but before the nun girl) is Valerio's sis, and the nun girl is either Pastillage's previous ruler, or a relative.

Notice how in the episode, the former Queen of Pastillage was about the same height as Couverte. I'd imagine that Valerio's sis would be rather tall (at least a tad shorter than Val, if not the same height or even slightly taller), so that rules her out of being Pastillage former queen. We already know that Sharl is a groundskeeper for the Dragons, and she's had more than enough screentime to know that she's not it.

That just leaves the nun girl, who they're censoring far better than they did Valerie and Adele (but about as well as Isuka was in S2). She's the only one short enough to qualify - despite that Ceracle compensating for her obvious case of short stuff.
Feb 1, 2015 7:37 PM

Jul 2008
crevette said:
Wait, Adele is from Earth?! Although it makes sense, since she's also a Hero and was probably summoned like the others, I thought people would be more shocked by it.... or was it already mentioned?

It was heavily implied in the second season when they said that Adele was also summoned to Flonyard

CujoFoxtar said:
[
It also bears mentioning that this episode revealed that he has a sister - I think finding out HOW he became the Demon Lord would be an interesting piece of info to help build up tension towards a final conflict; and having Valerio's sister debut first would be a step towards this..

So far we knows this for fact:
-Adele was summoned to Flonyard, fought in the old war and was the possessor of the hero crystal.
-Valerie was an inhabitant of Flonyard, self proclaimed demon king and was the holder of the demon crystal.
-Kou's ancestor was Pastillage's former ruler, the one who summoned Adele in Flonyard and also someone really important to her. She also was the possessor of the spirit crystal.

This raise some questions:

-Who did they fight against? Even though Valerie is the demon lord he wasn't an antagonist in the old war. Valerie's sister is a potential enemy but personally I really doubt so.

-When was the old war to begin with? The way they talked about it in the second season made people feel like the old war was something ancient, something from a very long time ago but the more we learn about it and the more it feels like it is something that happened not so long ago, about fifteen to twenty years ago. Adele said that the one who summoned her was the former leader of Pastillage and I'm not sure whether it's a translation mistake or not but the way it was phrased implied that she was the one who governed Pastillage right before Kou, meaning Kou's mother.

-How does Hina's group fit in the story? I actually have a theory about this. It was stated that in ancient time the empires of Biscotti, Galette and Pastillage weren't allies, maybe not to the point where they were enemies but they didn't share the relationship they currently have together. They came to create an alliance in the old war because the situation required so but when a weak force ally itself to something much stronger than itself it is usually assimilated into it. That Biscotti and Galette continued to prosper and to a greater degree than Pastillage which was home to the hero that saved the world means that each of them must have had forces to stand on their own. Hina associated herself to Biscotti for a long time ago and she was part of Adele's party in the old war so there's no problem in finding who fought on Biscotti's behalf. What about Galette though? Who fought for Galette in the old war? That's where I think that Valerie's sister was either associated to Galette (similarly to how Hina is associated to Biscotti) or might even have been it's formed queen.

Either way I don't mind the show continuing in episodic episode as long as it provides pieces of answer about the world's back-story which is pretty much the most interesting thing in this show imo.
Feb 2, 2015 6:44 AM

Jan 2013
^Gotta wait on next episode then and see where they go with it. I'm hoping they'll cover more backstory, character interactions, and of course, a concert by Hime-sama.
Feb 2, 2015 4:55 PM

Jun 2012
That was lewd.
Feb 2, 2015 11:49 PM

Nov 2012
What has become of Dog Days?

Two episodes of tentacles already, really...
Feb 3, 2015 1:12 AM

May 2010
So much fanservice. Slow down, seven arcs.
Feb 3, 2015 1:38 PM

Sep 2009
Does anyone know the music playing during the transformation sequence and after? I haven't seen anyone talking about that music but it makes me wish there was a more serious version of this show.
Feb 3, 2015 2:15 PM

Oct 2011
Valerio's slime pet XD

Nanami and Becky transforming <3

Cou-sama using her Hero Crystal : 0

Hope to meet Valerio's sister and the previous Pastilage Princess that summoned Adel-sama here.
Feb 3, 2015 10:28 PM

Jul 2010
Tohka_Yatogami said:
Nice oil message of Leo-sama.
Feb 4, 2015 1:44 PM

Jan 2011
Zee530 said:
Ya, back to typical Dog Days, but the fan service is far more than ever before.

Yep, too damn much service if you ask me.

Looking forward to the next plot/action part though, those are pretty hipster.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 9, 2015 8:25 AM

Oct 2008
slime fetish all the way!

Jun 25, 2015 8:16 AM

Aug 2013
Hmm.. the first half was fine.
But oh wow.. first tentacles and now smile.. what's next ?
It seems my hype was unrequited.. this seasons' dog days love too much fanservice lol.
Oct 23, 2017 11:13 AM

Apr 2013
Damn Leo... that body though <3
Jan 30, 2018 11:30 AM

Sep 2012
Leo x Nanami
Rebeca x Couvert

i just couldn't help myself i had to imagine it (each ruler marries each hero) lol

but if they join hes harem it will still happen :D
Feb 16, 2021 10:52 AM

Nov 2016
I actually only cared for the Leo fanservice. Her way of speaking is best lol

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 7, 2023 3:29 AM
Jul 2021
Watching this feminist full on misandric, propagandistic, dog pile trite is such a heavy chore to do!
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dog Days'' Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

69 by Dawizz »»
Jul 25, 2023 12:57 AM

Poll: » Dog Days'' Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

24 by Dawizz »»
Jul 22, 2023 12:46 AM

Poll: » Dog Days'' Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

35 by Dawizz »»
Jul 22, 2023 12:20 AM

Poll: » Dog Days'' Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

27 by Dawizz »»
Jul 17, 2023 6:10 PM

Poll: » Dog Days'' Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

27 by Dawizz »»
Jul 17, 2023 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.