Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jan 31, 2015 2:14 PM

Apr 2012
zoknimano said:
Talking about classical music in a sex related thread, no wonder you are virgins

Jan 31, 2015 2:15 PM

Aug 2014
zoknimano said:
Talking about classical music in a sex related thread, no wonder you are virgins

We're deeply sorry that we find things more worthwhile talking about more interesting.
Jan 31, 2015 2:16 PM

Sep 2013
Consequent said:
zoknimano said:

We're deeply sorry that we find things more worthwhile talking about more interesting.

So make another thread.
Jan 31, 2015 2:16 PM

Jan 2009
The only Classical Music which I'm hearing every Year and that I'm really fond of is the Radetzky Marsch:

But on the main Topic: I'm Virgin myself, but it's not something I would proclaim loud and proud. Not even the potential Absence of it.
Jan 31, 2015 2:17 PM

Apr 2012
classical can make great love making music

i think.

May 2012
Zeally said:
zoknimano said:

Aug 2014
-Taiyou said:
Consequent said:

Moonlight Sonata is so basic. Chopin's nocturnes are where the real feels are at.
Lol pls.

Chopin's Etudes and Preludes are so much better. All of Mozart's symphonies are flawless, same with Beethoven, unless they're not in a minor key, then no.

Mozart's 25th Symphony in G Minor transposed to B Minor for Piano though *drools* Flawfree tbh. His Adagio in B Minor is also good.

Chopin's Piano Concerto No. 2 in F Minor for Piano as well is fab. I feel Bach isn't appreciated that much because he didn't do too many piano songs. Thanks to MidiSheetMusic though, you can change the instrument to piano and transpose it.

Those songs are indeed great, but no concerto beats Rachmaninoff's 2nd concerto, especially the 3rd movement.

Bach is nice to listen to, but to be honest baroque isn't my thing. Romantics/impressionist/contemporaries are more my jam.
Jan 31, 2015 2:18 PM

Apr 2013
-Taiyou said:
Consequent said:

Moonlight Sonata is so basic. Chopin's nocturnes are where the real feels are at.
Lol pls.

Chopin's Etudes and Preludes are so much better. All of Mozart's symphonies are flawless, same with Beethoven, unless they're not in a minor key, then no.

Mozart's 25th Symphony in G Minor transposed to B Minor for Piano though *drools* Flawfree tbh. His Adagio in B Minor is also good.

Chopin's Piano Concerto No. 2 in F Minor for Piano as well is fab. I feel Bach isn't appreciated that much because he didn't do too many piano songs. Thanks to MidiSheetMusic though, you can change the instrument to piano and transpose it.

Lol and since when was Bach no appreciated enough? Trying so hard to look like an expert. Music is not a competition, is there a need to pick out favorites?

if you wanna be a Chopin hipster, talk about his Allegro De Concert.

-Taiyou said:
Chopin's Prelude No. 16 in B Flat Minor in B Minor is so fucking top tier tbh.

Huh.

EDIT: Btw, they're playing his F minor concerto in lincoln center tonight.
NudeBearJan 31, 2015 2:25 PM
Jan 31, 2015 2:20 PM

Nov 2012
Zeally said:
classical can make great love making music

i think.
I'd love to make love to Wagner, sounds epic
Jan 31, 2015 2:20 PM
Jan 2015
Love me some ava maria
Jan 31, 2015 2:25 PM
Oct 2014
Um........ wasn't this thread about virgins?
Jan 31, 2015 2:25 PM

Jun 2014
MechaKiryu said:
Yes

I'm not ashamed, I'm proud of it.

Who would be ashamed to be a virgin at 14 years old ?
Jan 31, 2015 2:28 PM

May 2014
Consequent said:

Those songs are indeed great, but no concerto beats Rachmaninoff's 2nd concerto, especially the 3rd movement.

Bach is nice to listen to, but to be honest baroque isn't my thing. Romantics/impressionist/contemporaries are more my jam.
His 2nd Concerto?

If I haven't heard of it, that likely means its not in a minor key, lel.
PoeticJustice said:
Zeally said:
I'm 15, so I have an excuse.

NudeBear said:
Lol and since when was Bach no appreciated enough?
You'd be surprised.
Trying so hard to look like an expert.
Who said I was trying to look like an expert? I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people who know more than me about classical music (no, scratch that. There most certainly are). I just know so much about it that I wanted to throw my hat in as well, since it was being discussed here.
Music is not a competition, is there a need to pick out favorites?
Yes, and not for competitive reasons. Its called taste buds, and its an individualistic, subjective thing.

If I haven't heard of it, its likely not in a minor key.
-Taiyou said:
Chopin's Prelude No. 16 in B Flat Minor in B Minor is so fucking top tier tbh.

Huh.
Git gud
Click my sig
Jan 31, 2015 2:28 PM
Jan 2015
Mustang_Roy said:
Um........ wasn't this thread about virgins?

Nope it's about the descent velocities of bald eagles
Jan 31, 2015 2:29 PM

May 2014
LunaticFringe said:
MechaKiryu said:
Yes

I'm not ashamed, I'm proud of it.

Who would be ashamed to be a virgin at 14 years old ?
This tbh.

Like I've said, there's no reason for you not to be a virgin if you're not legal to have sex
Click my sig
Jan 31, 2015 2:29 PM

Aug 2014
-Taiyou said:

1st movement is moderato in c minor. 2nd movement switches from c minor to E major. 3rd movement switches from E major to c minor to C major.
2nd theme in the third movement is absolutely to die for. It would make good passionate love making music.
Jan 31, 2015 2:30 PM

May 2014
Drugs said:
Consequent said:

So make another thread.
Or join the Music Empire club
Click my sig
Jan 31, 2015 2:32 PM

Nov 2012
I wouldn't mind a D major nomsayin

May 2014
Consequent said:
-Taiyou said:

1st movement is moderato in c minor. 2nd movement switches from c minor to E major. 3rd movement switches from E major to c minor to C major.
Mmm, actually, I recognize those key changes.

Yeah, I've heard of it. I think I modified the pentatonics of the last two movements to make it sound more in a minor key
Click my sig
Sep 2014
ZOK
Jan 31, 2015 2:35 PM

Nov 2012
Yes, what can I do for you?

Aug 2014
zoknimano said:
I wouldn't mind a D major nomsayin

I see what you did there.

Apr 2013
-Taiyou said:
Consequent said:

His 2nd Concerto?

PoeticJustice said:
I'm 15, so I have an excuse.

NudeBear said:
Lol and since when was Bach no appreciated enough?
You'd be surprised.
Trying so hard to look like an expert.
Who said I was trying to look like an expert? I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people who know more than me about classical music (no, scratch that. There most certainly are). I just know so much about it that I wanted to throw my hat in as well, since it was being discussed here.
Music is not a competition, is there a need to pick out favorites?
Yes, and not for competitive reasons. Its called taste buds, and its an individualistic, subjective thing.

If I haven't heard of it, its likely not in a minor key.

Huh.
Git gud

Bach isn't under-appreciated. He hardly is. Unless of course you're not talking about JS Bach but rather his kid CPE then I'd agree. But if it's JS Bach, among pianists and musicologist he is revered as a God. He may not have written for the piano but he was outstanding keyboardist...

If Beethoven's piano sonatas are the new testament for keyboard music then Bach's preludes and fugues are the old testaments.

So you only listen to music in minor keys? But yeah, it's in a major and Its far from the best piece of music he ever wrote but I love it dearly. Very under-appreciated and rightfully so, it's a very awkward piece. You should try playing it some time.
Jan 31, 2015 2:37 PM

Apr 2013
Consequent said:
-Taiyou said:

2nd theme in the third movement is absolutely to die for. It would make good passionate love making music.

The allegro de concert is a single-movement work...
Jan 31, 2015 2:39 PM
Sep 2014
Stop corrupting me
Jan 31, 2015 2:39 PM

Aug 2014
NudeBear said:
Consequent said:

The allegro de concert is a single-movement work...

I'm talking about Rachmaninoff, not Chopin.
Jan 31, 2015 2:40 PM

May 2014
NudeBear said:

Bach isn't under-appreciated. He hardly is. Unless of course you're not talking about JS Bach but rather his kid CPE then I'd agree. But if it's JS Bach, among pianists and musicologist he is revered as a God. He may not have written for the piano but he was outstanding keyboardist...
Johann Sebastian Bach is who I'm referring to.

People dislike him because he didn't make any piano songs, which is silly, esp. considering technology today lets you break those rules and make it playable on other instruments. Yeah, Johann is a great keyboard player, but I don't think he ever did anything on piano.

It was usually the harpsichord or the organ, the former being an instrument that has faded into oblivion, and the latter is slowly starting to fade as well.

If Beethoven's piano sonatas are the new testament for keyboard music then Bach's preludes and fugues are the old testaments.
Eh, I guess.

It wasn't really my point, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

So you only listen to music in minor keys? But yeah, it's in a major and Its far from the best piece of music he ever wrote but I love it dearly. Very under-appreciated and rightfully so, it's a very awkward piece. You should try playing it some time.
What song?
Click my sig
Jan 31, 2015 2:42 PM
Jan 2015
kyle said:
Stop corrupting me

Come over to the darkside where there's cookies and free parking
Jan 31, 2015 2:43 PM

May 2014
Anyway, we should probably continue this discussion here. We've already gone off topic enough.
Click my sig
Jan 31, 2015 2:44 PM

Apr 2013
-Taiyou said:
Anyway, we should probably continue this discussion here. We've already gone off topic enough.
Please don't self-mod, thank you.

Apr 2013
-Taiyou said:
NudeBear said:

Johann Sebastian Bach is who I'm referring to.

People dislike him because he didn't make any piano songs, which is silly, esp. considering technology today lets you break those rules and make it playable on other instruments. Yeah, Johann is a great keyboard player, but I don't think he ever did anything on piano.

It was usually the harpsichord or the organ, the former being an instrument that has faded into oblivion, and the latter is slowly starting to fade as well.

Eh, I guess.

It wasn't really my point, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

What song?

Ugh, you misunderstood me. Bach isn't under-appreciated at all dude. He's considered to be one of the great composers. His music is constantly being studied by students all over the world. You hear the goddamn aria from his goldberg variations during commercials.

Under-appreciated composers would be someone like say, Medtner, Bortkoqiecz, Clementi, or Nielsen.
Sep 2014
Please don't mod while being a pleb, thank you.
Jan 31, 2015 2:46 PM

May 2014
Sloth_ said:
-Taiyou said:
So you want us to keep going off topic and give the mods a reason to lock this thread?

And a lot of people on this site mind mod a lot; you aren't an exception, so stop contradicting yourself
Click my sig

May 2014
kyle said:
You're contradicting yourself.
Click my sig

Dec 2013
Breaking up this gay circlejerk with some Death Grips.

Jan 31, 2015 2:47 PM
Sep 2014
-Taiyou said:
kyle said:

thatsthejoke.jpg
Jan 31, 2015 2:47 PM

Apr 2013
-Taiyou said:
Sloth_ said:
So you want us to keep going off topic and give the mods a reason to lock this thread?

And a lot of people on this site mind mod a lot; you aren't an exception, so stop contradicting yourself
Yes I do.
Jan 31, 2015 2:48 PM

Apr 2012
this thread again
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jan 31, 2015 2:48 PM

May 2014
NudeBear said:
Ugh, you misunderstood me. Bach isn't under-appreciated at all dude. He's considered to be one of the great composers. His music is constantly being studied by students all over the world. You hear the goddamn aria from his goldberg variations during commercials

Under-appreciated composers would be someone like say, Medtner, Bortkoqiecz, Clementi, or Nielsen
No, I got your point, but I'm just saying. There are a lot of people who dislike him just for not making that many piano pieces.
Click my sig
Jan 31, 2015 2:49 PM

Aug 2014
-Taiyou said:
NudeBear said:
Ugh, you misunderstood me. Bach isn't under-appreciated at all dude. He's considered to be one of the great composers. His music is constantly being studied by students all over the world. You hear the goddamn aria from his goldberg variations during commercials

Under-appreciated composers would be someone like say, Medtner, Bortkoqiecz, Clementi, or Nielsen
No, I got your point, but I'm just saying. There are a lot of people who dislike him just for not making that many piano pieces.

I find Bach being disliked really hard to believe.
Jan 31, 2015 2:49 PM

May 2014
kyle said:
-Taiyou said:

thatsthejoke.jpg
Yep, you telling me not to mind mod certainly is a joke, lol.
Click my sig
Jan 31, 2015 2:50 PM

May 2014
Sloth_ said:
-Taiyou said:

Yes I do.
Thanks for proving my point bud ^_^
Click my sig
Sep 2014
-Taiyou said:
kyle said:

thatsthejoke.jpg
Yep, you telling me not to mind mod certainly is a joke, lol.

It was clearly directed at sloth >.>

May 2014
Consequent said:
-Taiyou said:

When you've grown up around classical enthusiasts like I did, you pick up a thing or two.

Believe me, they're out there
Click my sig
Jan 31, 2015 2:52 PM

Apr 2013
Leave me alone Kyle :/
Jan 31, 2015 2:52 PM
Sep 2014
Wow how did you know my name
Jan 31, 2015 2:53 PM

Apr 2013
God told me in a dream, he also told me to capitalise it for you.
Jan 31, 2015 2:53 PM

Aug 2014
-Taiyou said:
Consequent said:

When you've grown up around classical enthusiasts like I did, you pick up a thing or two.

Believe me, they're out there

I've been nothing but classically trained in music. And there aren't any repertoire not requiring you to know how to play baroque. And 99% of the time it's Bach.
Jan 31, 2015 2:55 PM
Sep 2014
A cutie once told me that lowercase names look the best
Jan 31, 2015 2:55 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
Is this a virgin thread or a music thread?
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» I got spooked by a water bottle

tsukareru - 7 hours ago

11 by Adverrito »»
4 minutes ago

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

35 by KenaiPhoenix »»
13 minutes ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - 9 hours ago

21 by vasipi4946 »»
14 minutes ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

6 by Adverrito »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » strawberry, chocolate or banana milk? ( 1 2 )

bobbysalmon - Apr 17

58 by rose »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.