Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 5, 2015 6:38 PM
Mar 2011
the hting is like most adaations of things outside of wel know big selling manga will be made just ofr its fans and kancolle is huge here so if yu have not played the game over all the anime is nver going to be for at its higest the game has ha over 2 mlioon active players so if say 30% or more of that base but br of the anime is surcess pre made
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Feb 6, 2015 12:20 AM

Apr 2012
No hate. The word is overused nowadays. I reserve the word 'hate' for truly despicable things.

I just think KanColle as a whole is just not a good series. Story, CG, animation, music...it's mediocre at best and terrible at worst. I'm sure the game is great, but some things just don't make for good adaptions. Maybe KanColle is one of them.

BTW, I don't have a problem with moe. It's been around in anime forever and will always be present.
Feb 6, 2015 7:26 AM
Jun 2014
I don't get why people are saying that this anime will not be enjoyable for people who never played the Kancolle game.

This anime is targeted in a broader sense to people who enjoy watching moe characters acting cute and stuff, and/or addition enjoy watching elements of warfare in anime.
Feb 8, 2015 8:10 PM
Nov 2013
i never play the game before and i found this anime is quite ok, and the sales and interest in japan is quite high, maybe just those western fans who think this show is not good enough.
Feb 8, 2015 8:14 PM
Mar 2011
Kris- said:
i never play the game before and i found this anime is quite ok, and the sales and interest in japan is quite high, maybe just those western fans who think this show is not good enough.

if even half the playr of he game buy each volume it could one of the highest sellers f all time

but still ownt make as much money as precure

it was stupid makning htis late night wiht the fans of the game alone this cold have drawn a rtaing of 3-5.00 and least but late ningt
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Feb 9, 2015 4:00 PM

Aug 2010
I was so sure I was going to hate this show thinking it was going to be a harem thing. As soon as I saw the first episode with its girls are literally warships skating on the water fighting what appear to be mutated dolphins while shooting arrows that turn into airplanes.. I knew I was hooked.
Feb 9, 2015 5:42 PM

Aug 2013
Cute girls doing cute things is fine... if it's funny.

None of their interactions have gotten a laugh out of me, and obv. I ain't here for the action. So Kancolle's been quite the dud, sadly. I was looking forward to getting somewhat of an experience of the game, too.
Feb 9, 2015 7:54 PM
Mar 2012
I think some of you are looking way too deep to find reasons.

This reason is simply because the show is just average. When something gets a lot of hype and doesn't deliver, people will get vocal. In fact, there will always be haters regardless of whether or not something delivers. Then you have the really vocal haters who probably are just trolling which then causes the 'hate' to be more pronounced than it actually is. I think most people who dislike or drop the show won't take the time to post that they did.

Even as a player, I still find the show average. Other than some nice fan pandering, it doesn't really do any one particular well. I still continue to watch just to see my favorites on screen.
Feb 9, 2015 10:29 PM

May 2014
WuBoyBR said:

Why people are hating this so much ???

Why? Why you say! Because my supreme commander Bismarck ins't in it! That's why! What mutiny!

Nah jk haven't even watched it yet. xD
Feb 11, 2015 10:10 AM

Oct 2008
RanKizama said:

Also, most of the negativity for the franchise stems from nothing more than hating on something that is popular. Their feed gets filled with it, so they develop an instant hate because whatever their favorite thing may be is getting overrun by Kantai. The same thing happened with Sword Art Online. The show was overhyped and overhated, but was fine.

Always remember that instinctively hating on anything that is popular will make you appear cool and emphasis the obvious standard that your taste are superior to the general masses.

Nah hating on something ain't cool at all.
Overpraising and ass kissing anything anime related that comes out of Japan all while pillow humping your 2D innocent virgin waifu and having birthday parties for her,now that's just plain cool.
Feb 11, 2015 12:26 PM

Apr 2010
Maybe it's just bad. There was nothing good at all about it for me, it was boring as hell. It's just a crappy show only for fans of moe or the game and those who want to perve on Shimakaze.
Feb 13, 2015 10:21 AM
Mar 2008
It's more for people who play the game which are more than 2 million people in Japan. It is not made to be a stand alone kind of thing - half of the jokes you won't be able to understand without playing the game like when they used the flame thrower in ep 6.
Feb 13, 2015 1:52 PM

Mar 2010
I basically called it "Strike Witches On A Boat." It's basically the same thing; something alien takes control of sunken ships and turn them into women. So it's up to female version of Japanese (and German) ships to fight them. It's Wapan's standard "We're The Best, Forget The Outsiders" feel-good propaganda. So I doubt it's "moe" being hated on.

We all know what happened in WWII. We all know that the Japanese were the bad guys; trying to conquer China et al and pimp-smacking Hawaii (which was the sorta-turning point for the US to pick up arms). We all know who lost at the end of WWII. It seems like it's only the Japanese who didn't know what happened.

If it's hate; it's from the people who actually knew how the war went for them. So it's the Chinese, Koreans, skip a few, and survivors of WWII. The arguments are legit.

But to me, it's funny. Japan is now fighting with cartoons and they seem to be winning. It didn't work that well when they were using guns and weaponry. So yeah.
Feb 13, 2015 2:05 PM

Jun 2013
Tyrenol said:

If it's hate; it's from the people who actually knew how the war went for them. So it's the Chinese, Koreans, skip a few, and survivors of WWII. The arguments are legit.

arrogant people are stupid. there are plenty of Chinese who supports the game and the devs so please stop these retarded assumptions based on what happened in real life. recently there was something big happened which a pirated kancolle in China was keep getting attacked by Chinese hackers who clearly don't support pirating the game and wanted to support the game. (this event become japan's most search engine recently and quite alot of players who plays kancolle knows it.

let alone the game is already popular within china and there are plenty of forums for it. if some of the population within a nation hates a certain thing cuz of something happened doesn't mean the whole nation feel the same way. if you don't know nothing don't write some sort of crap please.

Feb 13, 2015 2:13 PM

Mar 2010
Alexlung said:
arrogant people are stupid.

Mis-educated know-littles, who'd hop on any bandwagon because it's cool or cute, are even worse.
Feb 13, 2015 3:26 PM

Nov 2008
Tyrenol said:
Alexlung said:
arrogant people are stupid.

Mis-educated know-littles, who'd hop on any bandwagon because it's cool or cute, are even worse.

Kancolle is harmless fun, I'm American and don't mind being a fan of it at all. I think you are blowing things out of proportion.

Feb 13, 2015 3:43 PM

Jan 2014
Alexlung said:

4) people can't stand the moe

kurrisu said:
Can't stand the moe.

badwolf45f said:
WuBoyBR said:
I watched the 4 episodes and for me the series is good if you like moe moe .
Why people are hating this so much ???

Because now is cool to hate on moe moe.

guyklc said:
I think I've just gotten tired of most moe anime, lol.

Wait what?Since when people hate moe?So how did Hanayamata which is a moe fest with no story got over 7.5
Feb 15, 2015 5:48 AM

Jun 2010
I only play games or watch movies/shows if America wins. If not, FUCK IT!
Feb 19, 2015 4:17 AM

Jun 2008
The only problem I have (well aside from the fact that Shimakaze isn't the MC) is that....from what I've read, it seems like they are actually trying to follow SOME stuff regarding WWII.
--ALEX--Feb 19, 2015 4:24 AM
Jul 29, 2015 2:17 PM
Jun 2008
Actually, the game itself is fine. But, the anime for Kancolle does actually reflect a good amount of WWII history, granted.. in a very revisionist kind of way since it's not exactly correct in many instances. However, there are many points in the story that reflect what actually happened.

Not wanting to post any spoilers here, but certain events did happen and it's hard to not think of the alien forces as the allied/US navy. The anime appears to cover stuff from Wake Island up to about Midway.

I'm not arguing for one side or another on this. I enjoy the anime. But I can see how people can get really upset over this because of old scars that never heal. Japan did a lot of cruel things during those war days. But hey, US dropped a few massive death bombs.. So who's to say is the real villain in all of these events. Humans are villains just because we're humans unfortunately.

edit: So now that I'm about done with the anime, it is absolutely clear that the aliens represent the Allied forces lol. The events, the operation code names, the locations all represent WW2 locations and battles. Operation MI was the actual code name for the battle at Midway, so yeah, you have to basically relate the aliens to Allied forces. There's no other way to see it. :)
dreigenJul 31, 2015 10:09 PM
Aug 30, 2016 1:25 PM
Apr 2015
EMChamp said:
I was so sure I was going to hate this show thinking it was going to be a harem thing. As soon as I saw the first episode with its girls are literally warships skating on the water fighting what appear to be mutated dolphins while shooting arrows that turn into airplanes.. I knew I was hooked.

>"I was going to hate this show thinking it was going to be a harem thing."
>Goes into it anyway.
>Hates harem.
Fuck off.
Sep 5, 2016 3:41 PM

May 2014
Yes has problem with arrows turning into plane but no problem with a guy biting his thumb turning into a titan... Ok people OK!
Dec 3, 2016 8:20 PM
Dec 2016
Its just that cute girls and battleships just dont mix well plus some of their armour are redundant and has no practical use at all e.g. The tiny smokestacks. I know they are pushing more on the aesthetics side but I believe it has no use at all
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

115 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 5, 2023 2:20 AM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

130 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

119 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 2:02 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2015

168 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 1:44 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2015

261 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.